Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons

Go down 
+3
Lucy Malfoy
James Riddle
Selene Greco
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons Empty
PostSubject: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Gretchen placed twelve miniature sized dragons on the elongated table at the front of the classroom, whispering to herself the names of each and a box of black leather gloves on each corner of the table. Meanwhile, Selene moved the desk along the walls, leaving an empty space in the middle of the room.
"I'm excited for this lesson," she began, "I think the students will enjoy this."
As the room was finally ready, she stood at the door and greeted each student as they came in.
"Good morning, please take out the parchment I've sent you and wait for further instructions." she said to each.

*DRAGONS ARE NOT LABELED SO YOUR CHARACTER WILL HAVE TO RP AS TRYING TO GUESS WHICH ONE IT IS*
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:53 pm

"Good morning professor" James politely greeted Miss Vega as he entered. There was a vast clear space in the center of the classroom, and the desks had been pushed along the walls, similar to what Professor Umbranox usually did for their practical lessons.

Leaving his bag in one corner, he walked to the long table placed at the front of the room. There, he contemplated in awe a set of incredible miniature dragons, all representing in perfect detail their real-size counterparts. Some were nervously treading along the wooden surface or playing with one another, while others were suspiciously glancing around. James instantly recognized the Hungarian Horntail, the species he had written about in his homework and that the one his group was supposed to focus on. With its black scales, spiked tail and bronze horns, it looked rather impressive and terrifying, even at such a reduced size. Even the other dragons seemed to fear it, as there was an empty space between the Horntail and the rest of them.

Recalling the indications Professor Vega had given them in her note, he wondered if he should take a pair of protective gloves and pick out the dragon, considering that the two other members of his group hadn't arrived yet. Staying at a safe distance from the dragon table, he glanced at the teacher, waiting for instructions.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 am

"Good morning!" Lucy greeted Professor Vega happily as she strolled into the room. Expecting some sort of decoration, she looked surprised to find that the only change in the classroom was the space in the middle of the room, the desks against the walls, and a long table in front of the room that held various types of what she thought were the dragons she'd read about in Professor Vega's instructions.

She walked towards the table and inspected every dragon. They were small, too small, but equally threatening. As one of the smaller dragons let out a fiery breath, making Lucy back away quickly. Turning around, she saw James standing close by and her embarrassment went up to her usually pale cheeks.
Grabbing some of the gloves in the table and putting them on, she looked for the Chinese Fireball. She had heard her Uncle talk about it when he told them stories of the Triwizard Tournament, so the only thing she knew was that it was scarlet colored with golden spikes on it's face.

When she finally found it, it let out a weird groaning sound as it breathed fire, but this time Lucy was prepared. Carefully putting her hands around it, she covered it's mouth with her index finger and her thumb, making sure to apply enough pressure to stop it from bitting or attacking but not enough to hurt it.
As she walked back to the left side of the room, still holding the tiny dragon in her hand, she placed it down and observed it's reaction to having been moved from place to place.
It seemed a bit startled in the beginning, but after it realized it was still in the same room it began to act as it had done at the table.

Letting out a small smile, Lucy turned to James, "Hey." She greeted him with a smile. "I think we're supposed to get on each side of the room. I know you're not in my team, so I suppose you're on the other side. Which dragon did you guys have?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:11 pm

"Hey" James cheerfully replied when he noticed Lucy had arrived. Seeing the dragon she had just brought from the elongated table, he couldn't help feeling embarrassed about his hesitation to retrieve the one his group was supposed to work on. "Yes, I'm with Shah and Ella. We got the Hungarian Horntail." he added, showing the fearsome black dragon. "Which one is that?" he inquired with an admiring smile, pointing at the one she had brought.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 am

"The Hungarian Horntail...Wow." Lucy replied, "We've got the Chinese Fireball." She said, motioning to the small dragon in front of her. It was beautiful, she wasn't going to deny that, but it was terrifying to think about facing a life-sized one. Especially after what she had learned about them so far, which included their diet.

"Wade and Ellie are supposed to work with me, so I hope they get here soon." she admitted, letting her gaze move from the dragon and back to James. "Are you excited? I am. It's always a surprise to come to this class."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 am

OOC: We will officially start this lesson on Thursday, so we'll wait for a few more students to arrive so that you both don't have to do this by yourselves.:OOC
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:20 am

Ella walked into the classroom and looked around to find her group. How did she always manage to get grouped with Shah? She couldn't stand that girl. Was this a test to see if she could get kicked out of Hogwarts once and for all? Ella straight up ignored Professor Vega as she walked into the classroom. Why should she talk to her? Ellie's the one that liked her. For all she knew, Vega didn't like her anyways because she wasn't as young and fragile as Ellie.

"Hey James." Ella, pronounced each word slowly, as if she was bored. You could really hear her French accent piercing through now that she had spoken abnormally slow. She just wanted this class to be over with so she could go back to the dorm and read up in her special books.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:53 am

Ellie walked in and hugged and smiled at the Professor. "Goodmorning Professor." she replied enthusiastically like nothing had ever happened between her and Ella. "Lucy!" Ellie ran over to Lucy who was one of her group members, and hugged her as high up as she could reach which was probably about to her waistline. "Ooh, it's so pretty " Ellie examined the small but very accurate dragon.

Ellie couldn't wait for this lesson. Dragons had been something she had been interested in for awhile. She wasn't scared of them, or at least not when they're this small anyways.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:55 am

"Good morning, Miss Vega." Wade flashed a smile to his professor and walked confidently into the classroom. They would be studying dragons according to the owl he'd received, and he was to work with Lucy and Ellie, which made him feel really comfortable with the lesson.

He greeted Ella and James, who he guessed were on the other team, and walked towards Lucy and Ellie, taking a place next to his cousin.

"Hey, Lucy. Ellie!" he said, flashing them both a smile.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm

"I definitely am as well. I mean, dragons! It hardly gets better than that." he remarked with a smile. "Hey, Ella, Wade." he greeted the two Slytherins as they arrived, though his teammate didn't seem too thrilled to be there. "Should we go retrieve our dragon?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

James carefully approached the table, fixing the Hungarian Horntail. He tried not to blink, hoping that what Professor Vega had told them about Hippogriffs could also be applied to dragons. The creature stared at him, slightly tilting its head to one side, visibly intrigued.

Cautious not to make any abrupt gestures, he slowly extended his hands towards it. The Horntail menacingly roared, but James didn't back down. He gently wrapped his fingers around the dragon, which tried to flap its wings and bite him, bit the protective gloves did they work. After struggling for a few seconds, it calmed down. "I have it" James proudly announced, joining Ella a few moments later.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm

"Okay," Selene began, walking to the front of the room. "As you can see, today I have divided the room into two. One side, will belong to one group. The other side, to the other group. First, I want you to choose team names." she explained and watched as they gathered around and decided on one.

"When you have your team's name, I want you to make a list of all the things you know about your dragon so far." Selene handed them two big pieces of parchment; one for each group. She knew the kids didn't like making lists as much as they liked looking at the dragon, but they were doing just fine so far.

"Okay. One of you must bring your team's list up there," she said, motioning to the bulletin board at the back of the classroom, "and hang it up on the wall. These will be the first part of your grade for this next few lessons. At the end of each lesson, you will write what you have learned about YOUR dragon."

"Okay, so let's start. Now, for these next lessons, your group will be responsible for taking care of your dragon. Meaning, you must come to my room and feed it three times a day, and you must watch it grow and interact with the things around it. Treat it almost like a pet. Almost. Keep in mind, this is a group thing. Every one must do something at some point. Is everything clear?" she asked, looking at them to make sure the instructions had set in.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:54 am

Shah hurried to the room. She wondered why she was always late. She hoped she wasn't. She also hoped that Prof. Vega didn't notice her late arrival. Hurrying over to James and, to her distaste, Ella as they were her team mates. "Sorry I'm late guys. What are we doing?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

"Hey Shah" James greeted the Gryffindor as she joined them. "We have a dragon!" he announced enthusiastically, showing her the creature. "Each group has a different one, ours is a Hungarian Horntail. Professor Vega just explained that we had to make a list of all the things we know about it, so I guess we should begin. Oh, and we have to come up with a team name. Any suggestions?"

Last edited by James Riddle on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 am

Wade turned to Lucy and Ellie, "So, what do you guys think would be a good team name for us?" Playing with his piece of parchment, he looked at both of the girls to see if they had any ideas, as his mind was not working well enough to come up with one that morning.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:13 am

Lucy's mind desperately searched for possibilities. "Well," she began as she wrote down something on her parchment, "we are all Slytherins, so we could come up with something related to that." After a few minutes, she had the following three.

The Snakes
LEW
The Slytherin Fireballs

"I don't like any of these..." she said as she showed them the short list, "But I really can't come up with anything else."
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 am

Shah listened to James and nodded. Picking a random thought in her head, she said, "How about....'The Devil's Horntail'? Looking at Ella with clear disapproval on her face she asked, "What do you think, Fontayne?"
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 am

Ella rolled her eyes at Shah, who clearly was not excited about being paired with her as well. Her fists clenched, she was tired of her. She was tired of Ellie. She wanted space and no one was giving it to her. She wanted someone trustworthy to talk with about things happening. She knew she wouldn't get it because she was loved by no one.

"You know what Shah, I'm tired of you, and before I do something I regret, I'm going to leave." Ella said through clenched teeth as she turned around and walked out, being sure to slam the door behind her. She didn't know where she was going, but it seemed like she was headed to the common room, tears beginning to sting her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 am

Shah stared at Ella. Looking at James, she muttered, "Did I ask something wrong?" She shook her head clearing the thoughts. Ella obviously had problem and Shah couldn't care less about being her BFF right now. "Coward," She muttered. Looking back at James she asked, "So, what do you think? Devil's Horntail? Is it too dramatic or something?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 am

"I... I have no idea." James replied in a confused tone, watching Ella walk away then slam the door of the classroom. "Should we do something?" he added in a worried tone, as the Slytherin had really seemed troubled. Glancing at Professor Vega, he saw she had noticed the girl's abrupt departure. She will know what to do, he thought, as Shah was asking him about their team name. "No, no, it's fine." he muttered, still thinking about what could have caused such disquiet in Ella.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:59 am

Seeing Ella Fontayne walk out of the classroom raised a flag on Selene's mind. Something was really wrong with her; she was feeling something so strongly.
Glancing around, she saw the shock look on most of the students' faces and she wondered if she had the same look on hers. "Don't worry." she told them, "Let's keep going with the lesson."

Ella had left, but she couldn't leave the rest of the students alone and in the middle of the lesson. It would be very unprofessional. However, she'd meet with her later in the day and speak to her as there was no way this could keep going on.
"For the meanwhile, Ella and Wade will switch groups. That means," she said as she pointed at Wade Malfoy and the to James' and Shah's group, "You're over there now."

"Do you all have your team names? And your list?" She asked as soon as class resumed.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:17 pm

"Welcome to the team, Wade." James cheerfully greeted the Slytherin as he joined them. "Shah suggested we should be called The Devil's Horntail, what do you think?"

Professor Vega's intervention made him suddenly realize they still hadn't made their list. Recalling that the teacher hadn't collected their homework assignments yet, he retrieved the piece of parchment from his bag. "All right, so we have deadly spike tail, incredible speed - it is able to keep up with a Firebolt broomstick, impressive size, impenetrable black scales and bronze horns." he enumerated. "Oh, and a flame that can reach an astounding fifty feet. Anything else?" he added, glancing at his teammates.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:15 am

Still confused because of what had just happened, Wade followed Professor Vega's orders and walked over to the other side of the room. As he walked away, he gave Lucy a small hug as he had been excited to work with her on this assignment given that she barely allowed family members to work together.

Cheerfully smiling at James, he stood next to him and said, "That name's amazing." Glancing at Shah, he smiled and said softly, "I don't really know much about this one, but I've heard it's the worst. Most powerful, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 am

Shah took out a piece of parchment from her bag as James recited all the points. She grinned at Wade when he said the name she came up with was good. To hide her blush, she said, "I have a two more points. The Hungarian Horntail has yellow eyes. It's native is Hungary."

She nodded to herself, and wrote on the parchment:

The Devil's Horntail

James Riddle
Wade Malfoy
Shah Chelsea Hazel

The Hungarian Horntail:
  • Deadly spike tail
  • Incredible speed
  • It is able to keep up with a Firebolt broomstick
  • Impressive size
  • Impenetrable black scales
  • Bronze horns
  • A flame that can reach an astounding height of fifty feet
  • Very strong and powerful
  • Native to Hungary
  • Yellow eye

Shah wrote with different colored inks just to make it look pretty. "There we go guys. The list of the Yellow Eyed Creature." She laughed softly at that and gave it to James.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 pm

"Alright," Wade said as he inspected the parchment, "That's pretty good!" Turning to look at the board in the back of the room, he offered to pin it up once James was finished with it.
"I'll take it." and walked up and hung it up on the wall. Looking at it, he realized he didn't really know anything about the Horntail, but he hoped to know more about it by the end of the lesson. As he walked back to his spot, he examined the small dragon and wondered what they would do next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons   [Y2] Lesson II-Dragons Empty

Back to top Go down

[Y2] Lesson II-Dragons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next