Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson II-Merpeople

Go down 
+5
Elita Malfoy
James Riddle
Wade Malfoy
Ella Vega
Selene Greco
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

"Here you go, Professor Vega," a Slytherin girl said, approaching her desk and handing in the assignment. "I tried my best, but I'm worried it won't be enough."
"It's okay Miss Moss. It's really all about how much you already knew before this class and how well written it is." Selene said with her usual smile. As she grabbed the paper and begin reading what the student had written, she called out for her.
"Jennifer Moss?" she began, "This is about you learned today. Everything you wrote is exactly what I taught today. I don't want this, I want to know what you knew before this lesson. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you to start over again." Selene informed the girl, quite disappointed that her instructions had not been clear enough.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 am

Wade focused on what Professor Vega was saying, and when the house elf gave him his handout, he kindly thanked her with a smile.
He looked at it and thought it was a bit gross, to see the bones of a mermaid. Once Professor Vega was done teaching, he began working on the class assignment. His thoughts were interrupted when the new Slytherin girl stood up and turned in her assignment.
No way she's finished, Wade thought.
"Here you go, Professor Vega," the girl said and handed in her assignment. Wade's mouth dropped, no one can finish that fast!
"I tried my best, but I'm worried it won't be enough." she continued, her voice innocent, not matching her looks. She was clearly sucking up to Miss Vega and Wade didn't like that one bit.
"It's okay Miss Moss. It's really all about how much you already knew before this class and how well written it is." Professor Vega responded as she always did and Wade was glad that she wasn't giving in to the girl's tactics. As the girl walked away, Professor Vega called out to her.
"Jennifer Moss? This is about you learned today. Everything you wrote is exactly what I taught today. I don't want this, I want to know what you knew before this lesson. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to ask you to start over again."
Wade's mouth dropped again. He'd never heard her reject something from a student, and it made him feel even better to know that what this girl had planned was most likely not going to work. He smiled slightly but lowered his head back to his work.

I don't really know that much about Merpeople because I didn't really care much for them until now. Some of the things I knew already is that they are supposed to be very very beautiful and enchanting. Their singing is what supposedly lured sailors and eventually killed them, and, from watching Disney movies with Lucy, I learned that they can swim very fast and have a deep connection with sea animals. Some thing that always made me uncomfortable about Merpeople is that they can breathe underwater. It doesn't seem physically possible, but then again, we're wizards.

When he was done, he walked up to the Professor's desk, past the girl, and handed her the assignment.
"Miss Vega? Here's mine." He simply said, flashing her a smile and then turning to glance at the girl.
"Miss Vega is about the best teacher I've ever had. Just thought you should know." he said to her, picked up his assignment and walked back to his desk to clean up his books and wait for Lucy to finish. As he waited by the door for Lucy, he looked at the paper he'd picked up.
Gross! he thought, why Professor Vega? Why do I need to know what their intestines look like?
Without a word, he took out his Care of Magical Creatures folder and placed the paper in there, out of his sight.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:45 am

"Miss Vega? Here's mine." Wade Malfoy said as he handed his assignment to Selene.
"Thanks Wade." she smiled and began to read it.

I don't really know that much about Merpeople because I didn't really care much for them until now. Some of the things I knew already is that they are supposed to be very very beautiful and enchanting. Their singing is what supposedly lured sailors and eventually killed them, and, from watching Disney movies with Lucy, I learned that they can swim very fast and have a deep connection with sea animals. Some thing that always made me uncomfortable about Merpeople is that they can breathe underwater. It doesn't seem physically possible, but then again, we're wizards.

"Good." she murmured to herself and wrote down a small E on the top right corner.

Last edited by Selene Vega on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:42 am

Jen glared at the mean professor when she said her essay was all wrong. She didn't know anything about mermaids except what she'd learnt in the lesson. So her grade was probably going to be T. Or D at least. She resisted the urge to stamp her foot and, breathing heavily, stalked back to her desk. She redid the work the best she could, using good vocabulary and stuff to take attention off the fact that she knew nothing about merpeople.

When she was finished, Jennifer walked back up to Professor Vega and handed her the paper, not trusting herslef to say anything.

Quote :
Merpeople live in deep, murky water. There are many differents types of them. When the Ministry came to them, they refused the status of being in favour of Beast, which is totally stupid and not understandable to normal people like me, who'd prefer to be Being any day. The way muggles portray "mermaids" is very different to the merfolk living in the black lake at Hogwarts. They are unbelievably beautiful. Merpeople have a tail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 am

Of course the Slytherins were the first to finish. Emmalynne was starting to think Hogwarts was overrun with Slytherins, but at least she could try to beat some of them. Not that she was honestly trying to make any of them her enemies, seeing as she really did want to try and be the complete opposite. It was just hard dealing with feeling like the odd one out in the class, not able to concentrate to participate in the class activity scavenger hunt, and then being skipped over when it came to sharing what she knew to the class. She didn't really know much about merpeople anyway, but at least she would have gotten to talk. Having to stay quiet, and not getting to play with the shells and everything that were so tempting right now were making her fidgety. She needed something to do, so trying to finish her in-class essay was going to have to be it.

Still writing, she had looked up as the girl who had come in late had been called back to re-do her essay, and her hazel eyes had widened a bit before she went back to her parchment. She definitely didn't want to have that happen to her, but then she wanted to continue thinking Professor Vega was kind of an awesome professor, anyway, kind of like the boy had said. It would help if she didn't get yelled at, and after another few moments, and another glance at her essay to make sure it made as much sense as possible, she stood up to make her way up to the front to hand in her assignment. "Professor Vega? Here's my essay," she said with a bright smile, holding the parchment out.

Quote :
Before this lesson, the only thing I knew about merpeople was that they were different than us as witches and wizards, but just as magical. In their own way, at least, since I never knew how they could breathe underwater and talk to each other without being magical. Seeing as they are a subject covered in Care of Magical Creatures, it seems like I was right to think that, too. Anyway, merpeople were just a legend to me, and also the subject of Muggle fairy tales, which said they were beautiful and, in at least one case, could fall in love with humans and then gain the ability to be human so they could be with the one they loved. That story was sad, though, in the end, although the Muggle Disney movie ignored the sad part of that story and made it have a happy ending instead. Either way, that didn't seem real to me. Merpeople were different, and there shouldn't have been a need for them to stop being themselves just to fit in.

Merpeople are described in Fantastic Beasts, but I always felt like they weren't really beasts. They're more like a creature that's in between us and beasts, and those witches and wizards who could speak Mermish had a way to be included in that sort of in-between area. They chose to be classified as beasts, but they're more like us than that made them seem.

Last edited by Emmalynne St. Pierre on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lightening the font color so it was legible)
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Upon hearing the instruction given, Kim immediately took a piece of parchment and a quill from her bag to start of.

'In the past few days, I really thought that Care of the Magical Creatures course will take up a lot of beasts that are very much amusing to me, considering that I am a muggle-born but I never thought that I will have much interest in the creatures that we often call mermaids.

I learned that they have this amusing language, called mermish. This language is one of the things that I consider for them to be unique since I have never thought of a language that can only be understood in a certain requirement, and that is underwater environment. I also learned that merpeople have almost the same anatomy as humans, especially their inner organs and muscles. The last thing that really caught my attention is that their opinion on not to be called as beasts, rather, they should be considered humans. People are not the only one who can speak for themselves and fight for what they want, but also other species, particularly merpeople.

After learning a lot from the creature that was mentioned above, it made me realize that the other species I don't have a particular interest might be interesting at all, not knowing their hidden characteristics.'

After finishing her answer, she stood up quietly and slowly passed it on the professor's table.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 am

As Jennifer Moss returned her second assignment, Selene noticed a look of dislike on the girl's face.
"Thank you very much, Miss Moss." Selene answered with a kind smile.

Merpeople live in deep, murky water. There are many differents types of them. When the Ministry came to them, they refused the status of being in favour of Beast, which is totally stupid and not understandable to normal people like me, who'd prefer to be Being any day. The way muggles portray "mermaids" is very different to the merfolk living in the black lake at Hogwarts. They are unbelievably beautiful. Merpeople have a tail.

Selene places a small A on the top right corner and looked up to a Hufflepuff student who had just handed in hers.

"Thank you, Emmalynne. Oh, by the way, I saw you glancing at the shells...you may take some if you'd like." She told her, again, with her usual smile.

Before this lesson, the only thing I knew about merpeople was that they were different than us as witches and wizards, but just as magical. In their own way, at least, since I never knew how they could breathe underwater and talk to each other without being magical. Seeing as they are a subject covered in Care of Magical Creatures, it seems like I was right to think that, too. Anyway, merpeople were just a legend to me, and also the subject of Muggle fairy tales, which said they were beautiful and, in at least one case, could fall in love with humans and then gain the ability to be human so they could be with the one they loved. That story was sad, though, in the end, although the Muggle Disney movie ignored the sad part of that story and made it have a happy ending instead. Either way, that didn't seem real to me. Merpeople were different, and there shouldn't have been a need for them to stop being themselves just to fit in.

Merpeople are described in Fantastic Beasts, but I always felt like they weren't really beasts. They're more like a creature that's in between us and beasts, and those witches and wizards who could speak Mermish had a way to be included in that sort of in-between area. They chose to be classified as beasts, but they're more like us than that made them seem.

As she finished reading, she put a small E on the top right corner and moved on to Kim's assignment, which had been silently placed on her desk.

'In the past few days, I really thought that Care of the Magical Creatures course will take up a lot of beasts that are very much amusing to me, considering that I am a muggle-born but I never thought that I will have much interest in the creatures that we often call mermaids.

I learned that they have this amusing language, called mermish. This language is one of the things that I consider for them to be unique since I have never thought of a language that can only be understood in a certain requirement, and that is underwater environment. I also learned that merpeople have almost the same anatomy as humans, especially their inner organs and muscles. The last thing that really caught my attention is that their opinion on not to be called as beasts, rather, they should be considered humans. People are not the only one who can speak for themselves and fight for what they want, but also other species, particularly merpeople.

After learning a lot from the creature that was mentioned above, it made me realize that the other species I don't have a particular interest might be interesting at all, not knowing their hidden characteristics.'

Selene smiled as she finished reading Kim's assignment. It was good to feel like she had help in involving a student with the creatures that didn't interest her at first. She placed a small E on the top right corner.

"By the way, you may take some shells if you'd like. Just not the treasures, I need them for other classes." she told her students.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 am

Lucy thought about what she would write for her assignment, she really didn't know anything other than what she had watched on Disney, but she knew she had to hurry because Wade was already waiting for her.

She wrote down her thoughts exactly as they came to her.

To be honest, the only thing I know about mermaids is what I learned from Disney. I grew up watching The Little Mermaid and fell in love with it, but I hardly believe that's what mermaids are really like. Before, I knew that they could speak and breathe under water, and also were incredibly fast swimmers, but other than that I didn't really know much. Also, I knew that there's this one legend in which you get a wish granted if you help a mermaid, and that they are also able to breath on land like we do.

She handed it to Professor Vega with a smile, picked up her other handout, and walked towards the door to meet Wade.
"You ready for next lesson?" she asked, a sly smile across her face, now that she knew what Wade thought of Professor Vega.
Before Wade could answer though, she ran back to the classroom and picked up a couple of shells of the ground, flashed a smile to Professor Vega and ran back out to Wade.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:29 am

Ella took out some parchment and a quill as the professor had told her. She began to write:

Before the lesson, I honestly knew nothing about mermaids.I never even cared for them. I grew up watching the Little Mermaid and I thought mermaids were incredible swimmers. I knew they could breath and speak underwater and I knew they had no legs. However, I always thought they were nice and beautiful. I learned most of what the Muggle movie taught me was wrong.

Ella walked up to Professor Vega and handed her her paper, careful to avoid her eyes, then she walked back to her desk and began to gather her belongings so she could leave.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:28 am

Selene continued grading until the last two assingments were placed on her desk; Lucy's and Ella's.

To be honest, the only thing I know about mermaids is what I learned from Disney. I grew up watching The Little Mermaid and fell in love with it, but I hardly believe that's what mermaids are really like. Before, I knew that they could speak and breathe under water, and also were incredibly fast swimmers, but other than that I didn't really know much. Also, I knew that there's this one legend in which you get a wish granted if you help a mermaid, and that they are also able to breath on land like we do.

She placed a small A on Lucy's paper, on the top right corner. Moving on to Ella's, she began reading.

Before the lesson, I honestly knew nothing about mermaids.I never even cared for them. I grew up watching the Little Mermaid and I thought mermaids were incredible swimmers. I knew they could breath and speak underwater and I knew they had no legs. However, I always thought they were nice and beautiful. I learned most of what the Muggle movie taught me was wrong.

and placed a small A on the top right corner, and finally dismissed the rest of the class.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson II-Merpeople
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4