Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson II-Merpeople

Go down 
+5
Elita Malfoy
James Riddle
Wade Malfoy
Ella Vega
Selene Greco
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 am

Keith smiled. "I'm Keith." He said, holding out his hand as he introduced himself.She took his hand and shook it. "Nice to meet you." he finished.

"Nice to meet you too," Ella began," Gryffindor right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:09 am

"Nice to meet you too," Ella replied, "Gryffindor right?" Keith nodded. "And you're a Slytherin, correct?" He asked in reply.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 am

He nodded. "And you're a Slytherin, correct?" he returned. Ella nodded her head. "Have any idea what we're going to do?"
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 pm

"Hi Lucy!" Shah smiled. "How you?"
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 am

Wade followed in Lucy and Ellie' conversation. Ellie looked too much like Ella that he kept looking at her, and then back at Ella. It was sort of confusing for him to see two girls that looked so much alike.
"Yes, she said that you guys were her first friend.Have you guys had a great day? I'm tired from roaming the halls all day looking for my classes." Ellie spoke. Turning back to look at her and Lucy, Wade smiled.
"It's been alright I guess." he replied, looking at Lucy, waiting for her answer, as she seemed to be happy that day.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Shah sat there waiting and looking around wondering if they were going to learn something or not.
I hope the teacher starts the lesson....
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:22 pm

OOC: Professor Vega is absent until September 20th.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 am

OOC: Sorry Shah, I was absent for around two weeks. I'm back now though. Are you ready for some learning!? :OOC

Once the teams where all settled, she told them, “There are ten ‘treasures’ hidden around the room,” she said, putting air quotes on the word treasures, “your group will try to find them, and the one with more treasures found will gain FIFTEEN points for their house, and FIVE free extra credit points for this lesson’s homework. On the board, there is a list of the hidden objects,” she waved her wand and a written list appeared on the blackboard, “You are to find the objects, and you must record your answers for each item that requires it. Go!” she said to them.

1. Pearl Necklace Check the charm, what do you think it represent?
2. Glass Bottle
3. Trident-What does it represent? Do you know who it belongs to?
4. Coin- Are you familiar with a mermaid legends? If so, does this remind you of one?
5. Seaweed- Do you know what plant it is?
6. Rock- Describe it, feel it
7. Ship
8. Picture of Zeus,Hades, and Poseidon-Can you tell which one is God of the Seas?
9. Seashells
10. Tiara

OOC: Okay, so for this part, every group must have at least TWO items. The way it will work is, the first person of whatever group will role-play as having found ONE, and then I will check that item off the board, then that group will continue to ‘search’ and another group will find another item, and so on, then the last two items will go to however role-plays as having found them (the last two are at a first come first serve basis!). Before you post, check to see which items are left! You can make up where it is that you found the items, but if you click on the item, it will link you to the respective picture. Also, just don’t say you found anything on my desk, the supply closet or anywhere near Gretchen…that’s getting way into our personal space. Feel free to create objects around my room to help in your role-playing. :OOC
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Upon listening to the instructions concerning the game, James turned towards his two teammates, quite excited about the upcoming quest for Professor Vega's hidden treasures. "Maybe we should split up to seek the items. That way we can each search a different area of the classroom. And as soon as one of us finds something, we can regroup here and answer the question together. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 am

After hearing the announcement of Professor Vega, Kim felt the excitement knowing that they are going to play another game. Knowing that it is a group activity, she turned to Keith and Ella. "So, what do you guys think? Should we have a strategy concerning how we look for the hidden items?"
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:03 am

James Riddle wrote:
Upon listening to the instructions concerning the game, James turned towards his two teammates, quite excited about the upcoming quest for Professor Vega's hidden treasures. "Maybe we should split up to seek the items. That way we can each search a different area of the classroom. And as soon as one of us finds something, we can regroup here and answer the question together. What do you think?"

"Ok, that's good," Aurora said. "I don't have anything to add to that. Shah?" Aurora began looking around the room. she noticed quite a few pearls, but none like the necklace Professor Vega wanted. Some areas looked promising, where shadows draped the corners of the rooms, so Aurora was planning to start there.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

"Yeah, great idea James." Shah said to her team mates and walked around the classroom to find something that was on Prof. Vega's list. She found a dark corner of the room and decided to search there.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:17 pm

"The first one to find something should signal the others." James concluded after his two teammates agreed with his strategy. The three students then scattered around the classroom, searching for the items Professor Vega had concealed. James scanned the room for a while, and decided to check the light layer of sand running along the edges of one of the walls. The dusty surface was covered with a multitude of seashells of all colours, shapes and sizes. Assuming that the largest among them could serve as a good hiding place, he approached the wall and started examining them.

After a few unfruitful attempts, a set of three remarkable seashells caught his attention. The one in the middle was dominating the others with its beautiful golden tone and its spiral structure, covered with tiny spines, becoming smaller with each new row of the spire, which gave the shell a crown-like appearance. Carefully picking it up, James noticed a small piece of paper coming out of its hollow body. Unfolding it, he discovered a picture depicting the statue of an old man, a long spear in his hand and an eagle at his feet, whom James immediately recognized to be Zeus, the king of gods. He immediately thought of calling Aurora and Shah, but after glancing at the blackboard, he realized that he still had two images to find.

Putting the seashell back to its place, he looked at the two others. The one on the right, long and thin with a light blue shade, contained, as James had expected, the picture of Poseidon, recognizable by his famous trident. Lifting the last one, small sized and jet-black, he discovered the image of the third divine brother, Hades, with his three-headed dog Cerberus. "I found one" he shouted to his teammates upon bringing the three pictures back to his desk.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:30 am

Wade listened as Professor Vega explained the game for today's lesson. He was very excited about this, since his morning classes seemed too hard sometimes.
"Alright, so Lucy, Ellie? Do you want to separate or just go together? I think we'd cover more ground if we go different ways, but it's up to you I guess." Wade told the girls, glancing around for spaces that could have the hidden objects. He then set his eyes on the plants that grew along the walls.
Ah, seaweed Wade thought. I bet she hid something in there...
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Kim decided to start looking for the lost treasures. She had no idea where to begin. Seeing that her teammates were already looking on a specific area, she decided to go to the place opposite them. She went towards the corner of the room where a sand box was placed. She thought of how dumb will it be that a classroom will have a sand box but then, she realized that looking for the treasures wouldn't have any challenge if the room was had just an ordinary ambiance. She went towards the said box and started to dig in.

She was not alerted on how deep a simple sand box will be. As soon as she started to dig on it, she realized that the sand was at least six feet. 'I love magic,' she whispered to herself. She carefully held on a post near her location, knowing for the fact that there is a huge tendency that she will submerge herself on it. She finally reached the fourth feet of the sand and saw many seashells on it. She checked the list again and noticed that some of the items had seashells. This might be a sign that she is onto something.

While she was busy looking for a treasure, she heard someone shouted, 'I found one!'. She looked around, trying to observe who it might be. Then, she saw James holding something that might have been the treasure she was looking for. His teammates wanted to celebrate with him but each team needs to have two treasures, meaning, they still need to fine one more. The other two searched as hard as they can, keeping themselves busy with the activity.

She moved the seashells on the side, letting herself dig deeper of the sand. One of it was too sharp that made Kim's finger be poked. After five seashells more, she saw a string under the layer of shells. She immediately took it out from its hiding place and examined it carefully, knowing that she might have a wrong thought about it again. "I also found one," Kim shouted with joy to Keith and Ella.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

"I found one!" James' urgent voice alerted Aurora. "You did? That's great!" she squealed, running to his desk, where he had placed three pictures. They were of marble statues, depicting three men, all in various stances, and all with different weapons. Aurora immediately recognized them as three major Greek gods: Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. "Great job," she told James again, and threw her arms around him in a tight embrace. Realizing the awkwardness of the situation, Aurora stepped away, and brushed her hair out of her face. "Um, sorry," she said, still not looking at James.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Kathrine Finally got up From her seat after watching everyone Run around.

"Professor, None of my Group members are here. Should i start looking Without them?
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Selene observed as her students made strategies on how to look for the treasures. She felt quite excited that they were enjoying the lesson, and also to know that Ms. Finnigan, Ms. Frey, and Mr. Riddle had found some of the items on the list. Waving her wand, and number eight on the list was marked off.
8. Picture of Zeus,Hades, and Poseidon-Can you tell which one is God of the Seas?
It was then that a blonde girl approached her. It was Ms. Silvertree.
"Professor, None of my Group members are here. Should i start looking Without them?" she asked.
Selene looked at her list and realized that the girl was right; none of her team members were present.
"No, I don't want you to work on this alone. You may join which ever group you want." She told the girl, smiling at her, and motioning to all the other available groups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am

"No, I don't want you to work on this alone. You may join which ever group you want."

"Ok, may i join the Green group Professor?"
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 am

"Alright, so Lucy, Ellie? Do you want to separate or just go together? I think we'd cover more ground if we go different ways, but it's up to you I guess." Wade said.
"Yeah, we should separate so that we cover up more of the classroom." Lucy agreed and walked away from the group, on a different direction from Wade and Ellie. She began looking around awkwardly, noticing that James and Kim had already found some objects.
She headed to the back of the room, near the door, where the sand seemed to be in bigger bumps around the edges. Kneeling down, she ran her hands through the sand, and instantly felt something touch her fingertips. Uncovering more of it, she found a necklace. It was very beautiful, and it had a mermaid as a charm. Silently, she glanced toward the board to read the question.

Lucy looked at the necklace on her hand, "Wade! Ellie! I've found one!" she told them, without looking up from her journal. She wrote down on her notebook.

1, Pearl Necklace
The charms is of a mermaid swimming with a dolphin and multiple other fish. I think it portrays the fact that mermaids have a certain relationship with other sea creatures that humans just cannot understand. It's a special relationship that's just too much for the regular human to grasp.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 pm

"We found some....things!" Shah said excitedly. Her group had found some of the 'treasures'. She walked up to them and gave a group hug. "So, do we find more or....wait?" She asked as she let them go. She hadn't really found anything and she regretted that.

//OOC: Uh, sorry I didn't find anything guys. I was absent.//
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 pm

After discovering that James had found one of the hidden treasures, Aurora threw her arms around him in celebration of his discovery, shortly followed by Shah who joined the hug. For a moment, he was caught by surprise and didn't know how to react, until the two girls stepped away from him, ending the slightly uncomfortable moment.

"Um, sorry" Aurora apologized. "Don't worry" he mumbled, avoiding to look at her, before suddenly changing the subject as if nothing had happened. "I guess that we all agree that the God of the Seas is Poseidon." he declared, showing the question written on the blackboard while selecting the picture of the man holding a trident. A brief glance at his two teammates indicated that they concurred. Taking his quill and a piece of parchment, James recorded their answer, just as number eight was marked off the list by the professor.

"So, do we find more or....wait?" Shah inquired once they were done with this treasure. "Well, there are still plenty of items to find, so maybe we should keep looking." James suggested.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 am

Ms. Silvertree said, "Ok, may i join the Green group Professor?"
"Sure, as long as you're working with a team." Selene responded.

More and more of her students began to search, and it seemed that Ms. Malfoy's and Ms. Frey's group had also found some treasures. Glancing at the blonde girl, she noticed the pearl necklace . Waving her wand, number one on the list was marked off.

She then glanced at Ms. Frey, but wasn't sure what she had found, so she approached her and her teammates, and asked, "Which item is that?" trying to sound as polite as she could, not wanting to make them feel like they were in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am

Ella walked around the room. She had separated from her team to make it easier to find things. In frustration she let out a groan and said,"Argh! I can't anything! This is so annoying." She decided to go over and see how her team was coming along.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Still not knowing what she was holding, Kim took her book out of her bag and examined the pictures shown. After some seconds of searching, realized that it was none other than a tiara. She looked at the board for any question, and was gladly relieved to see none.

Kim glanced to her other two teammates and saw that they were having trouble with the task. She didn't want to jinx her luck by saying that she found the tiara out loud. She decided then that she will just look for more until they are finish with it.

She examined the board again carefully, trying to look at them in the book to know what they exactly look like. "Number ten is the tiara, so check. Number nine is... I mean seashells. Seashells?" She thought for a moment, trying to remember the location where she found some. "Oh how dumb am I?" She immediately approached the sand box where she located the tiara and was surprised to see that none of her classmates seem to notice them too. She took at least five and showed them to her professor who was watching them from a distance. "Professor, I found some seashells."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson II-Merpeople   Lesson II-Merpeople - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson II-Merpeople
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next