Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
New Robes (open) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
New Robes (open) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
New Robes (open) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
New Robes (open) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
New Robes (open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
New Robes (open) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
New Robes (open) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
New Robes (open) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
New Robes (open) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
New Robes (open) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
New Robes (open) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
New Robes (open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
New Robes (open) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
New Robes (open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
New Robes (open) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

New Robes (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
::
Activity:

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Martha sighed heavily and pulled her cardigan tighter about her body, as if the thin wool could possibly keep her warm in this blasted cold. She tried to suppress a shiver and failed. Thankfully the Durmstrang uniforms looked warm, if a little rugged and not to her tastes.
She glanced at her grandmother who was conversing in low tones with the seamstress, perfectly composed in her knee length dress and cardigan. Martha did not look forward to being poked and prodded all for the sake of a uniform she hate. God, she missed America. She missed Kentucky. She missed her parents most of all. They at least would have offered her ice cream afterwards. Not that she was in the mood for ice cream. Not in this cold. But it was the principle of the thing.
Nana would let Hell freeze over before she ever offered Martha a treat without first demanding an impossible task.
Martha sighed and dropped her arms before moving to the small platform the seamstress gestured to. Hopefully this would be over quickly.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Serafina was out shopping for her new robes. She hadn't outgrown the last ones, and they weren't old, but Serafina hated wearing the same things every year, even if they did look the same, they had to be new. With that being said, she strolled into Herr Magi's Beste Drakter and started looking for the most expensive, best looking set of robes.

Upon finding the robes she wanted, she went to the front only to notice that the little lady who owned the shop was preoccupied. She was taking up some nasty looking robes for an older girl. Probably a transfer of something since she'd never seen her before. She didn't care, this girl was wasting her time. She had places to be. "Those look fantastic on you!" Serafina exclaimed, maybe a little too enthusiastically.

Last edited by Serafina Årud on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
Activity:

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 am

Martha glanced at the other girl and frowned. "I beg your pardon, but I know quite well how they look on me, and fantastic is not the word I'd use," she replied tersely. The little squirt hardly looked worthy of Martha's time or energy. She turned back to the seamstress with a huff, hoping that was the end of that. The girl was obviously impatient, and while Martha didn't relish staying here any longer than she had to, the idea of making the girl wait just a bit longer to teach her a lesson held some appeal. "Now, run along, little one, go find your mother," she stated as she made shooing motions with her hands.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:36 am

The girl was definitely pretty and feisty, but not prettier than Sera, no way. "Well geez, I was just trying to give a compliment, but you're right, they're horrible and everyone hates them." Serafina shrugged. Why was it so hard for her to make friends. She was starting to wonder if she should even waste time talking to people. Not many people could pull off Durmstrang robes, but she had to admit, this girl had great potential, just like her, to do just that.

The next comment hit Sera where it hurt most. She recalled the night her house caught on father. Her father tried to get them out safely, dragging the kicking and screaming 7 year old her out the house. Her mother told him to save her, but he'd hoped to be able to go back in for her, however, the house collapsed killing her. "I don't have a mother." she replied with hurt in her eyes, the same hurt as that night. "Besides, I need to get these robes." she held up the ugly cloth. She'd probably have to get them taken in as well because she was pretty petite.
Back to top Go down
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
Activity:

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:04 am

Martha's mouth quirked upwards at the girl's comment. Then her heart clenched painfully in a rare bout of sympathy for the girl's lack of mother. The pain was still fresh herself and she sighed heavily "I apologize," she stated plainly. She wasn't about to spill her secrets, but there was no reason to compound the girl's pain with more harsh words. "Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until I'm done having mine fitted. Ghastly thing, this fitting business. But I suppose it's necessary to look one's best, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 3:29 am

"I'm in no hurry. I don't actually have friends or plans." she sighed. The girl's apology seemed sincere, but she didn't need to apologize. Sera was glad to hear the girl change subject. She smiled her award winning smile. "You'd be surprised at what a little fitting and some accessories could do." She once again looked down to the ghastly robes she was holding and sighed. She hated them. She loved the weekend and the field trips when she wasn't required to wear them.

"I'm Serafina." she replied. Figured she might as well introduce herself.
Back to top Go down
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
Activity:

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:02 pm

No friends? Well, not that Martha's situation was any different, but she'd only just transferred so that was to be expected. She sighed, "What I wouldn't give to wear accessories," she replied. Nana didn't let her wear anything more flashy than a pair of studs in her ears and the locket her mother gave her unless it was a particularly special occasion. She wasn't mature enough for real accessories, in Nana's opinion. "I'm Martha-Louise, feel free to shorten that as you see fit."
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Serafina thought about the amount of accessories she had. She had bracelets, necklaces, scarves; she had rings, earrings and watches. She had bows galore, thought she didn't wear them. If it existed, Serafina had it. The way it seemed, the girl wasn't allowed to wear accessories. That was bizarre and almost made Sera's mouth drop. "You mean, you can't wear accessories? Accessories, are my life." Sera said. She couldn't imagine not being allowed accessories. "You can always borrow some if you want." she shrugged, hoping the girl would catch onto the fact that no one would know what she wore once she got on the boat to Durmstrang. If the girl returned them, good, if she didn't, Sera wasn't poor. Chances are, it was time for her to replace her accessories anyways, and she may just do that later on today.

Sera's favourite accessory was the necklace her mother gave her as a present right before the house fire. It was a small golden necklace with a sword. Deep inside, her parents knew she'd be in Folkvang, like her father. She was the bravest child they'd seen. From the time she'd started crawling til now. She was brave when she was attacked by the werewolf and she was brave the night of the fire. She hadn't taken it off since she'd gotten it, and she never would.

"It's nice to meet you Marth-Louise." Sera smiled, she'd call her Martha, it was easier. The girl was definitely a transfer. America was her guess. Never before had she heard an accent like Martha's before, even when she'd went to Hogwarts.

Sera's Necklace:
Back to top Go down
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
Activity:

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Martha shrugged. At least at school she'd have more freedom and could wear accessories whenever she wanted. It was a ridiculous rule her grandmother had, in Martha's opinion, but there wasn't much she could do to change it. She smiled gratefully, "Thank you," she replied with sincerity. A glance towards her grandmother proved the elderly woman oblivious to her granddaughter's conversation, a relief to be sure. If Nana knew Martha planned to borrow accessories, she'd likely pay the teachers to confiscate any 'flashy' items on sight. As it was, she'd barely allowed Martha to pack her earrings. "I'd offer you mine, but I don't think they'd be of much use. I've only got studs, mostly." Of course, there was no way she was giving up her locket. That stayed on always.
It wasn't much, her locket, a gold plated heart hanging on a silver chain--the original was gold but it broke about five years ago--with pictures of her parents on either side. It was also the one thing from her mother that her grandmother hadn't tossed out almost immediately. All her clothes had been dumped when they'd taken her in, and they'd forced her to give up nearly all of her stuffed animals save for a small bear from her father and a collectible, ceramic doll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Robes (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Robes (open)   New Robes (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Robes (open)
Page 1 of 1