Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) Empty
PostSubject: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Morgana had heard a lot about the big tree outside of the castle from Mordred, but she hadn't gone to see it yet. And she really wanted to. Honestly, a huge tree that wants to destroy everyone who gets near? Everything that went through Morgana's mind at that was 'challenge accepted'. She grinned at herself as she left the Slytherin common room, dressed in the school uniform.

When she got out, she found that it was a soft chill in the air. She wrapped her cloak around herself and picked up her pace, walking towards the covered bridge, through the Stone Circle and continued on until she saw a single, solitary tree rising tall from the ground. She stopped a good distance away from it, studying it.

"Interesting," she muttered to herself, wondering why on earth a school would plant such a tree when it could easily kill the person coming close to it. She had read somewhere that students were banned from getting close to it when a kid almost lost his eye. She shook her head softly. You never knew the minds of teachers, that was for sure. She looked around, liking that it was so soft and quiet here.

Until she heard the crunch of a branch.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Leaves swirled around in the wind as James made his way back to the Castle after his Care of Magical Creatures lesson. The summer was definitely over, and the frisky autumn breeze now swept the grounds without mercy. Shivering, he pulled his cloak tighter over his shoulders and picked up the pace, eager to return to the warmth of his common room.

The imposing castle loomed before him when he perceived a lone figure to his left, standing not far from the Whomping Willow. Judging by the school robe, it was a student, though all James could see from there was long black hair blowing in the wind. It was only when the silhouette briefly turned around that he caught a glimpse of its face and recognized the girl. What is she doing there?, he wondered. Doesn't she know how deadly that tree can be? After hesitating for a moment, since he always avoided meddling in other people's business, he headed towards her nevertheless. After all, she was a first-year, and maybe still unaware of the danger.

A twig broke under his foot as he approached Morgana, causing her to swiftly turn around. "You shouldn't stand so close to the Whomping Willow." he warned her. "You could get in trouble if someone sees you."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Morgana recognized the guy. She couldn't quite remember his name. She had a feeling it started with G or J. She was terrible with names, so no wonder. She had met him when Sydney had been down. She chose not to comment something rude like 'you think I don't know that', but decided to give him a small smile and took a step away from the Whomping Willow. "I know. I've heard a lot about it from ... people. Anyways, thanks for the warning," she said kindly.

She didn't want to get into trouble, but she had a feeling she hadn't been standing close enough to the tree for the professors to react on it. Sure, she could be wrong. After all, she had pretty much just arrived at this school. She didn't know what most knew. Especially about rules. She never took much care of them, never really bothered to follow the orders of others, as proven by how many muggle schools she had been to until she reached the age of eleven.

"Ehm... without being rude or anything, but what was your name again?" she asked innocently on the outside, while being rather annoyed at herself on the inside. Why couldn't she just remember a simple name? Seriously. Maybe she needed to make a mind palace like her father had...
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:02 am

"You're welcome." James politely replied, even though the girl's tone was not entirely grateful. They both stared at the majestic tree for a moment. Its branches seemed oddly calm, looking almost inoffensive. Yet James knew that was deceiving, as he had already witnessed the willow's deadly speed and power.

The silence slowly grew long and slightly awkward. James was about to head back to the castle, leaving Morgana to her meditation, when she asked him about his name. "It's James." he replied with a smile. Forgetting the names of people he had just met had happened to him more than once, and it was amusing to see that the Slytherin had the same issue. "And you're Morgana, right? By the way, thanks for what you did the other day. With Sydney, I mean."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:26 am

Morgana smiled at him when he introduced himself. "James. Okay, I'll remember it this time," she said. And honestly, it shouldn't be so hard. James was a very easy and good name. She'd remember that. And he had remembered her name. She gave a nod at the small question, even though it sounded more as a statement.

She then shook her head. Sydney had been really crushed. "Don't mention it. I didn't know what I was doing at all. You did a great job, though," she said softly, "I hope she's going to be fine."

Honestly, when it came to feelings, Morgana was pretty much a stranger. She could care for people, yes, but until now she hadn't felt anything strong enough to cry for. But she was only eleven, much could still happen, she was sure. She then looked down the pathway from which James seemingly came from.

"Where had you been, by the way, when you saw me?" she asked, wondering what was down there. She couldn't remember, which wasn't so weird. With a castle this big and so little time to memorize it, something was bound to slip her mind.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:53 pm

"Thanks" James responded, "though I wasn't very helpful either". Indeed, Aylee was the one mostly responsible for helping Sydney recover from her emotional shock. "But I'm certain she will be okay."

He followed Morgana's gaze as she inquired about their whereabouts. "I was just returning from Care of Magical Creatures. The lessons are held on the edge of the Forbidden Forest." he explained, showing her the tall trees spreading endlessly into the mountains. "Not far from the Gamekeeper's Hut, actually." he precised, pointing at a small abandoned wooden cabin.

Turning slightly to his right, he then showed her the monumental pitch that stood dominantly in the distance, beyond the Whomping Willow. High stands surrounded the field, proudly towering over their surroundings, each bearing the colours of one of the school Houses. "That's the Quidditch Pitch." he indicated. "And of course, the Castle." he added, turning around to face the immense stone fortress.

"It may all seem a bit... huge at first, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time." he reassured her with a warm smile. "Besides, even when you get lost, there's always someone willing to help you."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Morgana nodded. "It seemed like, when previous hostilities between the Ravenclaw girl and Sydney were fixed, Sydney felt a great deal better. I don't know," she said with a shrug. She really didn't understand. "But, yes, she seemed to feel a better."

Morgana looked where James was pointing. A lesson then? She was going to take Care of Magical Creatures, so she hoped it was fairly interesting. She was very fond of animals, though, which wasn't very usual for a person with sociopathic tendencies. But she didn't complain. "Is it a good subject? I'm taking it myself," she said.

She looked at the hut and remembered the tales of Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. She had found him fascinating, being a half-giant and all, though she didn't get why he was allowed to be a teacher at Hogwarts, due to his blood. But she didn't know him, of course, he was well dead before she learned the name 'Hogwarts'. So, maybe he was, a great man, or something.

The Quidditch Pitch had been of an interest to Morgana, but she hadn't seen it up close yet. She smiled when he pointed the way. "I would've liked to play for the team, but I'm not sure what the rules are. I mean, they must have a team already, but it would be great to try-out. But can first years compete?" she asked, not quite sure, knowing that it had been a rule against it before, but she had no idea what it was now.

She gave a short laugh. "Really?" she asked in a friendly sarcasm, looking at the castle walls, "I had no idea." Though she hadn't been here long, at all really, but she did know much of her way around the corridors. Not all of them, of course, she had not had the time to walk through the entire castle, but she had no problem memorizing the way. She remembered stuff she wanted to remember. It was a good ability she used often.

She liked that James was being so nice. He seemed like a proper person. And she wanted to get to know him. "James, what's your family name?" she asked. Maybe she had heard it before. She knew a lot about other wizarding families.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:58 am

"Aylee? Yes, they were in a fight, but fortunately it's resolved now." he responded, relieved that he didn't have to stand in the crossfire anymore.

"One of the best in my opinion." he replied sincerely when she inquired about the subject. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it, especially if you like animals and mythical creatures. I won't spoil the surprise, but Professor Vega always shows us fascinating ones during the lessons." They had already encountered Centaurs, Hippogriffs and even Dragons, and he was impatient to learn what Professor Vega had prepared next.

"I think there are still a few spots left on the Slytherin team, so you should try out. And I'm pretty sure that firs-years are allowed to join, since we have one in our team as well. Maybe it would be best if you talked to your Head of House about all of that, she can explain much better than me." he advised.

He laughed at her reply concerning the Castle, yet the smile instantly vanished as she asked about his name. He hesitated for a moment, looking down. There was no point in hiding it, she would find out eventually. "It's... Riddle." he uttered, hoping that she was Muggle-born or at least that she didn't know it was the last name of the most infamous dark wizard in history.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:31 am

Aylee, that was her name. Morgana wondered briefly what the quarrel had been all about, but she quickly discarded the thought; she didn't want to know, really.

Morgana nodded. Mythological creatures were her favorite kind, so she knew she'd enjoy CoMC as a subject, but she was curious about the teacher. She hadn't met her yet. "What about the professor. Is she all right?" Morgana asked, knowing from the name she had found that it was a woman.

Quidditch did seem like a good sport, and honestly, Morgana loved to be in the air. She had tried a broomstick once, and she had been completely astounded by how much of an impact it had on her to be up in the air. She then gave a nod. "I'll talk to her as well. But I think I'll try out. Honestly, it can't really hurt, can it?" she said with a soft smile.

Morgana noticed how he shifted, how his smile evaporated when she asked for his name. Her polite side told her to tell him that he didn't have to say it if he didn't want to, but her not-so-polite side told her to say nothing. She was too curious to let it pass now. He seemed to really not like his name, whatever it was. And then he said it. And Morgana's chin dropped and her eyebrows rose up to her hairroots. She had never in her life lost control of her face, but, damn, she wasn't expecting that! However, she quickly regained her composure and took a breath.

"Riddle, huh?" she asked. The thing wasn't that she judged him, the thing was that they had the same horrible ancestry. Though, she suspected that he couldn't be Tom Marvolo Riddle's grandchild, given the psychopathic man didn't have the feelings to fall in love, not that anyone knew what he'd be capable of doing to a random woman, but still... She knew he'd think she was judging him if she used too much time to think about it, but seriously, what was she to say? That Voldemort was her granduncle too? Seriously, was that even a word?

"Are you muggleborn?" she then asked, wanting to get rid of the idea that he might be Voldemort's own blood, even though that would mean that they were related.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:04 pm

James nodded. "Professor Vega is very kind, and she's a really good teacher." he confirmed. "She also Head of Slytherin, and most of your housemates are very close with her." He had even heard that she recently adopted Ella and Ellie.

He paused for a moment as she asked him about the dangers involved with Quiditch. He had been utterly terrified the first time he had ridden a broomstick. Even now, after two years of practice, he wasn't completely calm when in the air. "I don't know if you've already tried it, but flying can be rather scary, at least the first time." he admitted with a slightly embarrassed smile. "I don't think they would let anyone get hurt, though."

His hopes faded as swiftly as his grin had when he noticed the stunned expression on her face. She knows, he thought, avoiding her gaze. Morgana remained silent for a second, as James wondered what she might think of him now. I can assure you that most are still terrorized by that name, as it brings back the horror that they had to endure. Wounds take time to heal, and those who inflicted them sometimes never leave our memory. Professor Umbranox's words came back to his mind.

Her question suddenly interrupted his gloomy thoughts. He nodded, still not meeting her eyes. At least I think I am. His parents were Muggles, but he didn't know anything about his ancestors.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Morgana nodded thoughtfully. "Sounds legit. I think I have seen her around, if I'm not mistaken," she said calmly. At last she thought so. She had seen someone around the common room who weren't a student, and she suspected that it wouldn't really be a random professor.

When James talked about flying as scary, Morgana gave a small nod. She had ridden a broom before, and it had been scary at first, but then it had simply been hilarious. "I had a broom for children when I was younger. It only lifted around five feet of the ground, but it was extremely cool, though scary at first. The first real broom I tried was this summer past. And that was scary, but much more fun. And I think I've got the hang of it. I mean, I can always get much better, something I plan on, but I don't think it's scary anymore," she added quickly, not wanting to be taken as a showoff.

James wouldn't meet her eyes when he replied that he was indeed a muggleborn. But there was something he was not telling her. But she didn't want to push him. He seemed uncomfortable enough as it was. She knew what he was going through, though Riddle might be a bit more frowned upon as it was Voldemort's actual last name. She sighed and snapped her fingers. She didn't know why, but she was a bit frustrated that he couldn't just look her in the eyes.

"Don't be ashamed of who you are, James," she said, softly, yet strictly, "It's not your fault. As long as you don't wind up killing a thousand people, I'm sure everything will be fine." She gave him a small smile, feeling a bit like an idiot for telling someone older than her to do something. She hoped he wouldn't see it the wrong way. "I know what you're going through, though your name might be more easily recognized by the students here at Hogwarts. Mine is more, subtle, but I guess, given the fact that you are a muggleborn, you don't really know much about the Gaunt name yourself?" she said.

But she didn't wait for a reply, and continued: "My great-great-grandfather was Marvolo Gaunt, my great-grandfather was Morfin Gaunt. Morfin Gaunt was the uncle of Voldemort. My grandfather was Voldemort's cousin. I am related to Voldemort, and I'm not proud of it. What I am proud of, is that I am also a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin and I can speak parseltongue. Snake-language, if you didn't know. So, hey, maybe we're related in some bizarre way!" Morgana then shook her head. "But that's not really possible, if you're not a direct descendant of Tom Marvolo Riddle yourself," she said with a shrug. Inwardly, she hoped that she was making him feel better, and not worse.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:29 pm

James reflexively lifted his gaze towards Morgana when he heard a snapping sound. As she spoke, he was slightly taken aback by the strictness of her tone, and the rightness of her words. Speechless, he listened to her, while Professor Umbranox's voice echoed in the back of his mind. A name does not determine who you are. Only your actions and the choices that you make can measure the kind of person you are. Always remember that. He had allowed himself to forget, yet now Morgana had reminded him.

"You're right..." he muttered, forcing himself to return the smile. "Thank you." Just as he was about to tell her that he had never heard of the Gaunt name, she went on to describe her family history. "Professor Umbranox said he was rather certain that Riddle never had children." he admitted, somewhat disappointed that they weren't related after all. Yet she shared the burden of a dark name, she knew how it felt to be judged prematurely and solely based on something you weren't responsible for. "Do the others look at you oddly when they hear your name?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Morgana was pretty relieved when she got a 'thank you' and not a 'piss off' reply. She always found people who respected that others could be right, even when they were younger than you, were good people. Not that she had suspected James to be anything but. Even so. She just smiled at him and gave a shrug. "No problem," she said kindly.

She wasn't surprised when he said that one of the professors had told him that Riddle didn't have children. But it had been extremely cool to randomly find someone at the school she went to that happened to be related to her. But it was cool that she had found a guy who was related to the same horrible person, though on each sides. And the fact that they would be doomed to walk the earth with weird glances shot in their direction at the mention of their names... It kinda meant something to Morgana.

She sighed. "Yes. Though the students do not. They don't always recognize the name. Some have even randomly stated that 'wow, that's a dark and cool name'. It's funny really. But pureblooded students do give me a cross glance at times, though I don't think they're judging me deliberately. They're just trying to figure me out or something. But when I'm out in the magical world with my father... If I introduce myself to an older man or woman, the person frowns and a look of fear crosses their eyes. Then they walk away quickly. It's annoying," Morgana finally stated with another, but bigger sigh.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:43 pm

"Some of the students here don't recognize my name either, since they only know Tom Riddle by the one he created himself. And apart from a few surprised reactions, the professors have never mentioned it. Other than Professor Umbranox. He was the one who explained it all to me. Before that, people would just raise their eyebrows or frown when I told them my name, and I would have no idea why." he admitted, remembering his first days at Hogwarts.

"I don't get to wander through the wizarding world a lot, but I can imagine how it feels." he agreed. "I guess all we can do is prove them all wrong, and show them how different we are from the ones they associate us with." he added with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:00 am

Morgana listened to what James was saying. It must've been really confusing, coming to Hogwarts with no knowledge of magic. Morgana, who had grown up with that kind of magic, had felt confused herself, but she was sure it had been nothing on what James had felt. She was a bit surprised that people who had magical parents wouldn't recognize the name 'Riddle'. It had become a random fact that she had picked up from some newspaper that Voldemort's real name was Tom Riddle. But maybe people just didn't read the paper. She suspected it wasn't that usual that eleven-year-olds did that.

"It must've been really confusing. The whole magic-part, I mean, not just the Riddle-part?" she asked softly. "And the professor... He seems pretty smart. What subject does he teach?" she then added, wondering about that professor a bit. He seemed not to be the first to judge, but that could be because he didn't want people to judge him, just like Morgana wasn't judging James. All people were hypocrites in some way, including herself.

She smiled at him. Yes, she would prove the world wrong. She knew she could do that if she set her mind to it. And she was sure she wouldn't be the only one. Maybe the name 'Gaunt' and 'Riddle' would be respected as a good name once. Her father was working for the Ministry, if he made a breakthrough, they would be on a good way, and if she continued that road, she couldn't imagine why they wouldn't be able to clear their name.

"Agreed. I think we need to make things happen for ourselves. If people want to judge us, then that's their problem, but maybe we'll be able to prove them just how wrong they are. I really want to do that," she said with a grin. "I love to prove people wrong," she added contentedly.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 pm

James nodded. "It was completely wonderful and totally terrifying at the same time." he tried to explain, recalling the horrible impatience he felt during the train ride and his amazement when he first set foot in the Castle. "It was incredible, being part of this whole world I didn't even know existed. But at the same time, I couldn't help feeling that perhaps I didn't belong here, that they had made a mistake. That I wasn't truly a wizard and they would send me home."

His voice was had grown thicker so he refrained from saying more. After a few seconds, Morgana inquired about Professor Umbranox, and he was glad she changed the subject. "Professor Umbranox. He teaches Defence Against the Dark Arts. He is... particular." he replied, in lack of a better word to describe the man. "His physical appearance might be a bit unusual at first, but he's a great teacher, you'll see. I mean, he really seems to know what he's talking about."

James smiled back. It was oddly relieving to talk to someone who had been through the same thing he had, and to see the determination in her eyes when she spoke about it.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm

Morgana listened to what James said about when he first came to Hogwarts. She found it surprisingly interesting to listen to a muggleborn's perspective. She hadn't had a problem with talking to muggles when she was younger, and she still didn't care about it. Magic was magic to her, it didn't matter what inheritance you might have. But when his voice grew thick she wasn't sure if she found it funny that he would crack up about that, or if she felt sorry for him. It had been hard for her too. And she decided to be nice about it.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Leaving home... That was had hard cracker. I kinda worry about my father and stuff. I mean, he can totally take care of himself, but he's so bloody good at making enemies out of people he has no need of making an enemy out of. He's just so ... blunt. And direct. I mean, seriously, he steps on my toes all the time..." she said with a sigh, "And I'm usually the one who apologizes to people he annoy, and when I'm not there... Honestly, I can only imagine how many people dislikes him now, I am sure I can't count it on my fingers," Morgana rambled. Honestly, she was kind of her dad's little girl, and she idolized him in so many ways, but the enemy thing... Honestly, he could annoy a Buddhist just by looking at him!

But she noticed that James was glad she changed the subject away from going to Hogwarts for the first time. And she listened to what he was saying about professor Umbranox. She would have him as a teacher. But appearance was the one thing she was good at judging people by. The way they looked, the way they moved, every little quirk. She could tag onto that and read a person like a book.

"Well, it's good to hear that. Honestly, I'd rather have a weird teacher in DaDA as long as he knows what he's doing, than the coolest person in the world, who does not know what he's doing," Morgana stated softly.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:28 am

James was moved to see how much the girl worried about her father, and his thoughts drifted towards his own family. He cared about his father a lot, and he was certain the feeling was reciprocated, yet sadly he had never been very close with him. The man had often been busy with his work, and the discovery of the fact that James was a wizard and his departure for Hogwarts had only widened the gap.

"You father works at the Ministry, right?" he heard himself ask hesitantly. He had heard rumours about it, and as much as he hated intruding other people's lives, he couldn't help feeling curious. He had learned quite a lot about Hogwarts over the course of the past three years, yet the Ministry of Magic still remained shrouded in mystery for him.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Morgana nodded. "Yes," she said. James seemed a bit interested in the topic though. Morgana figured he didn't know much about the Ministry. "He works in the Department of Mysteries," she added. She wondered what she'd be able to tell him about that, though. There were plenty things there that shouldn't be spoken of. Even though Morgana had no idea of what it was herself.

"Do you know much about the Ministry?" she then asked him, wondering if he had talked to anyone about it. She knew the function of it, and she knew most of the Departments, but she was far from knowing all about it. She was sure there were some corrupt politicians and the like, but she had no idea what really was going on there.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm

James remained pensive for a moment. The school library contained only a few books about the Ministry, and they all just provided a quick overview of its functions and history, but not the details of the work of each department.

"Not much." he confessed reluctantly. Admitting his own ignorance in whatever matter had never been easy, but he was eager to learn more. "The Department of Mysteries." he repeated, trying to imagining what kind of mysteries Mister Gaunt could be dealing with. "That sounds fascinating. Does he ever tell you what he's working on?" There surely was some sort of secrecy policy that he was forced to respect, but perhaps Morgana knew something nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Morgana nodded to what he said, not knowing too much about it. "Well, the entire thing is pretty complex. I'm sure you've read up on the general idea," she said, considering the fact that he was a third year. Honestly, she'd be surprised if he hadn't read a bit about it.

"As for the Department of Mysteries. Well, it's called that for a reason," she said, "The people who work there, like my father, are called Unspeakables. They don't have an identity, kind of, though it isn't hard to figure out if one person is or isn't an Unspeakable. Anyways, I haven't got a clue of what's going on there. That's the stupid part. I can't really discuss what my father does during the day, since he can't say anything either way. But, what I do know is that they perform a lot of experiments and research stuff. What they research and what they experiment, I have no idea," Morgana said softly. She was extremely curious about it, though. Maybe she'd have to become an Unspeakable when she grew up herself.

"But what about your parents? What do they do?" Morgana asked, not really knowing much about muggle professions.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:47 am

James listened carefully when Morgana described what she knew of the secretive department. In spite of the the darkness that covered the subject of their work, he was already intrigued by it. He had always found magic to be captivating by itself, but to think that there were mysteries only a few had the opportunity to study was even more riveting. And if silence was the price for that privilege, he would be ready to pay it.

"My father is a college professor." James told her. He had often imagined himself ending up with the same profession, but at Hogwarts. "He also does a lot of research. He teaches math." he precised. "And my mother doesn't work."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Morgana could see that James was intrigued by the Department of Mysteries. And who on earth could blame him? The fact that they researched what could become one of the most important findings in the world was nervewrecking, and the fact that Mordred couldn't tell Morgana was beyond annoying. Of course, she understood, but she would really like to know more. After all, research was something she found extremely interesting herself. Well, like father like daughter, she supposed.

She nodded. "College," she mumbled. She wondered if he had a case of the 'like father like son'-disease himself. "Would you want to teach?" she asked. She wondered briefly if his mother was all right, if she was sick or something, and she couldn't work because of it. She supposed it would be nice of her to ask about it, show that she cared, but at the same time, it might hit too close to home for her liking. But then she sighed.

"Is your mother well, or is there a reason for why she doesn't work?" she decided to ask. Then she added: "And if that's too personal, then you don't need to answer that."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm

"I don't know for sure yet" he admitted after taking a moment to think about it. "I'm not very good at all the practical subjects, like Defence Against the Dark Arts or Transfiguration." he confessed, recalling the trouble he often had in those classes. "But perhaps something like Arithmancy... That way at least my father would be able to understand what I'm doing." he added with a smile. "How about you? Do you see yourself working for the Ministry?"

"Oh, no, it's not that. It's just that she preferred to stay home so that she could take care of my sister and me." He wondered why she would assume something like that, until he realized... "And your mother? Does she work at the Ministry as well?" he inquired hesitantly, somewhat dreading the answer.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Morgana nodded. She then frowned. "What does one learn in Arithmancy? Is that one of the third year subjects?" she asked, knowing some of the lessons one could take at Hogwarts weren't available for the first or second years. And though she liked to keep up with everything that went on around her, she really didn't prioritize the subjects she couldn't even take yet. At the same time, she wasn't sure if Arithmancy was one of those subjects.

Morgana smiled. "I see. She must be a dedicated mother," she said with a smile. The smile faltered when he asked about her mother, but not necessarily out of sadness, more the seriousness of the situation. "No, she doesn't. She's dead. She died giving birth to me," Morgana explained softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)   New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Discoveries (Closed to James Riddle)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next