Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Potions Lesson Two

Go down 
+2
Ella Vega
James Riddle
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:52 am

"Once it boils, place the lacewing flies. Then, add 3 drops of flabberghasted leeches; from the back; to your boiling cauldron. Mix it and congratulations, you are done. After that, sit down at your desk and for classwork, write a paragraph about what you've learned from this and what you expect to be doing next after the lacewing flies have stewed. And when you are done, you are to turn in the work to me, leaving your cauldron boiling for twenty- one days and then you may leave my class. Your homework is written on the board." Professor Wayne told them.

Ella began to think about what she was going to write while waiting for her water to boil.Once Ella's water began to boil she added in all the needed ingredients that Professor Wayne had told them. She carefully kept an eye on it as it brewed. She quickly thought back to the assignment paragraph at the exact moment she heard the professor announce,""Do not forget your classwork assignment before leaving. And anyone to not do this homework will lose 10 house points and a detention from me!" Ella gulped but she stayed on task.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Okay. I hate this man!

Shah was so frustrated. She worked so much on this potion and all she gets is an annoying expression from the blasted teacher. But she learned that taking him down was by doing well. Will that happen?

I seriously doubt that.

So, she kept quiet. Potions wasn't her life. It was just a waste of time. Since she was jobless, she might as well use her time properly. She didn't think this was proper but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 am

Since Kim already everything that she needed from the back, she dropped exactly three drops of flabberghasted leeches on the solution. The potion reacted for a little while but came into a calm position again.

Realizing that she was done with the activity, she decided to get a parchment and a quill to take down another task that they need to finish.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 am

Once Keith believed that he had finished his potion, he pulled out a piece of parchment and his quill to start writing his paragraph. He glanced up at Shah, who seemed to be encountering a small hatred for Professor Wayne. He gave her a small smile to let her know she was doing fine, then continued writing his paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 am

Shah smiled back at Keith and began writing the answers for the questions. She wasn't sure about the Bonus question, but she attempted. She still felt really bad about losing points for Gryffindor, she didn't want to lose anymore, but she doubted if she would gain any. And her mom had died recently. Her muggle dad had abandoned her and she was left alone. Then she'd got her owl from Hogwarts. She didn't even have anyone to guide her, she did everything on her own. She was independent, but she was sad she didn't have a family. Shah didn't really consider her father as family anymore. He'd left her on the streets and married another muggle woman. Though she was just ten years old that time, she knew her way. From then on, she kept telling herself that she was an orphan. No uncle or aunt or any relative came forward to claim her or take care of her. Shah sighed. Her life was horrible. Thinking about all these things she felt miserable. But she tried not to show it on her face as she finished writing her homework.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 am

OOC: The assignment written on the board is homework. Classwork assignment, due before this lesson ends is to write a paragraph on what you've learned today and what you expect to be brewing in future lessons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm

OOC: the assignment is to write a paragraph about what you've learned about lacewing flies and flabberghasted leeches, and a simple sentence on which potion you think you will be brewing.

Some people were confused
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:04 pm

James leafed through the textbook again, looking for the potion they had begun to prepare. The only one whose ingredients included lacewing flies was the Mandrake Restorative Draught, but he was about to exclude that possibility since there was no mention of flabberghasted leeches, until he realized that the leeches may be a part of the stewing process and therefore not enter in the final potion's ingredient list. Taking his quill and a piece of parchment, he started writing about what they had learned during this lesson.

The Draught of Sanare is a very powerful healing potion, capable of relieving physical pain, even when it is extremely intense. It is a rather advanced mixture, which would take the form of a perfectly clear liquid if correctly brewed. The required ingredients include lacewing flies, boomslang skin, powedered branch of Baneberry, a genus of flowering plant, along with juice from its poisonous berries, flabberghasted leeches, syrup of Arnica (a healing plant), wormwood essence and powdered root of asphodel.

Before being used in potion-making, lacewing flies, tiny green insects with large transparent wings, have to be correctly prepared. This process consists of stewing them, in other words putting them in boiling water, and then letting them rest for exactly twenty-one days. After that, they sometimes have to be refrigerated for two days, making them ready to use. Flabberghasted leeches are used as an ingredient when stewing lacewing flies. However, adding them to a potion, as their name indicates, gives a random effect to it, which for example makes the Draught of Sanare a rather dangerous brew that must be consumed only by those who are in critical situations.

Stewing lacewing flies constitutes the first step in the making process of the Mandrake Restorative Draught, a potion whose effect is to bring those who have been transfigured or cursed back to their original state. While the flies are stewing, another potion has to be prepared in a separate cauldron, and once everything is ready, both mixtures are put together and form the Mandrake Restorative Draught.

Once he was done, James was about to stand up and give his parchment to Professor Wayne. However, he realized that no one else had finished yet, and he didn't dare to be the first one to turn in his assignment.

Assignment #2 Graded. You can check your gradebook for grade received

Last edited by James Riddle on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 5:08 am

Since she was done with brewing the necessary ingredients, she started to do the class work.

'Today, I've learned that not all potions are easily brewed. One example is the Draught of Sanare, a potion that can relieve pain and has a main ingredient called Baneberry. Though the Draught is brewed for curing purposes, baneberry is one of the most poisonous berries available. If the potion is to be taken without taking into mind its capability, it can kill the one who will drink it. There are other two ingredients needed on the said draught and on another powerful potion: asphodel and wormwood.'

Kim thought for a moment and analyzed on what kind of potion they are to make today. She had no idea about and decided to guess the answer.

'The polyjuice potion requires the need to brew the lacewing flies. This potion has the ability to copy another person's appearance.'

She read it again and knew that it was already good for one paragraphed work that Professor Wayne is asking for. She handed it to the professor and didn't dare look him in his face.

Assignment #2 Graded. You can check your gradebook for the grade.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Seeing that Kim was heading for the professor's desk, James gathered his belongings and stood up. Once he reached Professor Wayne, he silently deposited his class assignment on the table and turned around, before the teacher could start reading it. "How did it go?" he asked Kim once he had joined her just outside of the Potions classroom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 am

Noticing that James and Kim had already finished their class assignment, Keith knew he needed to begin finished up his own.

"I learned today, a potion that is not easily brewed, which is called the Draught of Sanare. The Draught of Sanare is an extremely powerful healing potion, that can relief any kind of unbearable pain. The ingredients needed to brew this potion include lacewing flies, boomslang skin, powdered branch of baneberry, juiced berry from baneberry, flabberghasted leeches, syrup of Arnica, wormwood essence, and powdered root of asphodel. Although this is a healing potion, the Draught of Sanare consists of part of baneberry which are poisonous, which means anyone who consumes the potion and does not need it at all whatsoever, will die.

Two of the ingredients that are needed for the Draught of Sanare can also form another potion, known as the Draught of Living. The two ingredients that are involved are asphodel and wormwood. Two uncommon ingredients of the Draught of Sanare are lacewing flies and flabberghasted leeches. Flabberghasted leeches will give the potion a random effect. Flabberghasted means astonished, anything can happen. Which is why this potion should only be taken by those whose intentions are truthful.

In the future, I'm hoping we can learn challenging, yet not too difficult potions. I always like a good challenge, though. But I'm sure there will be much more of that throughout my years here."

Keith wrote down. He read over it carefully, before following more of his classmates up to turn in his piece of parchment.

Assignment #2 Graded. You can check the gradebook for grade
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Exiting the room, James approached her in his normal tone. "How did it go?" he asked. "Actually, I don't know. Every time I enter and leave this room, I don't think I am learning any stuff, except to follow instructions on how to brew. I don't think I am going to pass this subject. How about you?" Kim felt comfortable talking about her innocence knowing that he is a fellow muggle-born.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Shah watched Kim, James and Keith give up their assignments. She quickly grabbed a quill and wrote on a piece of parchment:

The Draught of Sanare is a healing potion. To tell the truth, I don't know what else it does. But I do know the ingredients. They are Lacewings flies stewed for 21 days and refrigerated for 2 days, Boomslang skin, Powdered branch of baneberry, Juiced berry from baneberry, Flabberghasted leeches, Syrup of Arnica, Wormwood essence, Powdered root of asphodel. The asphodel and the wormwood are also used to make the Draught of Living Dead. That's all I know about this potion. I am really sorry, I don't know much about potions.

In the future, I would love to learn potions that easy and fun to make which include ingredients that I might find easily. I will be very upset, professor if you deduct marks about what I've written (which is not much), because I always tell the truth and this is the truth.

She was going to add some more things that would have probably angered Wayne, but she didn't want to push her luck any more. She walked, as slow as possible, to the teacher's desk. She placed it on his table (Shah would've loved to throw it, but she didn't). She sighed, wondering how much more disappointing her life could get, and grabbed her things. James was already gone, so she decided to go as well, not wanting to stay in the classroom for any longer, because this was where she'd lost pointes for Gryffindor. Being new and all, Shah was expecting to earn points, not to lose them. She slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out slowly.

Assignment #2 Graded. You may check your gradebook for grade
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

"I don't really know either" James admitted. "I guess the brewing part was fine, but I'm not sure about the assignment. I just hope that Professor Wayne is not as strict in the way he marks our work as he is during lessons." he added. Suddenly, they heard footsteps coming from behind, and a moment later Shah had caught up with them. "Are you okay?" James inquired, seeing that she seemed angry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 am

OOC: okay, just so I can re-cap, I am missing Aurora and Ella's second assignment
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 am

Ella sat down and wrote her assignment,

Today I learned about the Draught of Sanare. It takes quite a while to brew, at least 21 days because that's how long the flies have to brew for. The Draught of Sanare is a powerful healing potion that can relieve any kind of pain.In order to brew this potion you must have these ingredients: lacewing flies, boomslang skin, powdered branch of baneberry, juiced berry from baneberry, flabberghasted leeches, syrup of Arnica, wormwood essence, and powdered root of asphodel.

This potion contains two ingredients also used in the Draught of the Living. These two ingredients are wormwood essence and the powdered root of asphodel. The Draught of Sanare also uses odd potions such as parts of the banberry which is poisonous.

In the future, I hope to learn about more potions and be able to brew them and use them. I also hope to have many challenges in this class.

Once she was finished, she read over it then handed it to the professor on her way out.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 am

"I don't really know either" James answered. "I guess the brewing part was fine, but I'm not sure about the assignment. I just hope that Professor Wayne is not as strict in the way he marks our work as he is during lessons." he added. Then, seeing Shah exit the room and her angry face, James asked if she was okay. Kim waited for her answer, also noticing her being irritated on the whole hour of class.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

OOC: I do not have time to write essays like this; I will send a message to all the professors explaining.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:54 pm

"I'm fine." Shah smiled at James. Then she remembered that she never lies so she added, "Actually I'm really angry at Wayne for taking away five points from Gryffindor. It was my first class." She sighed.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 3:24 pm

"Actually I'm really angry at Wayne for taking away five points from Gryffindor. It was my first class." Shah sighed. "Yes, that was really harsh." James confirmed. "But there's nothing we can do, except from following his strict rules."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 pm

James took all papers, with no one else left. "Now that all of you have finished, get out and don't forget to do your homework."

OOC: All grades have been put in, so if you want to check it, get on the site, if you don't know your login details, PM me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two   Potions Lesson Two - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3