Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Potions Lesson Three EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Potions Lesson Three EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Potions Lesson Three EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Potions Lesson Three EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Potions Lesson Three EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Potions Lesson Three EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Potions Lesson Three EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Potions Lesson Three EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Potions Lesson Three EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Potions Lesson Three

Go down 
+2
Lucy Malfoy
Wade Malfoy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Potions Lesson Three Empty
PostSubject: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:49 pm

((OOC: This lesson was supposed to begin yesterday but I forgot and was under the impression it was scheduled for the 26th. Luckily everyone who attended lesson two did the homework!))

James walked into the dungeon room, the cold and dark as usual, the unlit fireplace as usual. "Take out your homework and pass it up quickly." James said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Aurora shivered and pulled her robes tighter around herself. Fall had brought a huge cold spell, but of course, Potions was in the dungeons as usual. Maybe Professor Wayne will have lit a fire, she thought hopefully, though knowing the answer as soon as she stepped inside the room. The fireplace stood dark and empty, and no torches were lit on the wall. Sighing, Aurora took her seat on the cold bench and rubbed her arms together to keep them warm. Once most everyone had arrived, Professor Wayne said flatly, "Take out your homework and pass it up quickly."

Aurora reached into her bag and pulled out the sheet of paper. She realized she was in the front row, so she waited until she had received the rest of the homework from the other students. Standing up, she placed the parchments on the professor's desk, then sat back down, ready for the lesson to start so they could all leave the dungeon.

OOC: I am going to pretend I did homework from now on, unless I decide otherwise. Thank you, Professor, for understanding!
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:56 am

Wade wasn't very excited about going to Potions class.
"Honestly, I think Professor Snape would have been better...." he said to himself as he reached the door to the class. Professor Wayne was there, and Wade couldn't help but frown a little. Aurora was already sitting on her desk, so Wade decided to greet her.
"Hey Aurora." He said, a big, warm smile forming on his face, and took a seat close to her.
She's cold, Wade noticed. He would've liked to offer his sweater, but hesitated since he realized she was wearing her robes, and for a Ravenclaw to wear a Slytherin sweater would be sort of weird.
He looked to the board instead.
"Take out your homework and pass it up quickly." Professor Wayne said once everyone had arrived.
Wade looked thorough his backpack and found his homework. Glancing at it, he chuckled.
"Monkeys...." he said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:56 am

Lucy walked into the Potions classroom a little behind Wade. She sat in front of him, and took out her homework, ready to pass it up whenever Professor Wayne asked for it.
"Hey Aurora." she heard Wade's voice say. She hadn't noticed her Ravenclaw classmate, but now that she had, she glanced her way and smiled.
Once everyone had arrived, Professor Wayne asked them to pass up their homework.
Lucy passed it up and then turned back to get Wade's.
"I didn't think you'd finish it, but good job." she told him, a little bit sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Shah walked into the classroom frowning. She really didn't like this class. But she had to attend it.

She walked in and gave Professor Wayne and hearty frown instead of a smiled. She skipped over to where everyone was sitting. She took a seat beside Lucy. "Hi Aurora. Hey Wade! How are you Lucy?" She greeted all of them.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 pm

James entered the cold dungeon, as their Potions class was about to begin. His first reflex was to sit close to the fireplace, but a glance in its direction reminded him that it was unlit ever since Professor Wayne had taken over the subject. "Hi" he quietly greeted those who were already there, careful not to make too much noise as he knew the professor wouldn't tolerate it. Taking a seat beside Shah, he took out his homework and read it one last time.

"Take out your homework and pass it up quickly." the teacher commanded once everyone had arrived. James reluctantly passed his parchment, suddenly doubting everything he had written. A silence ensued, and he patiently waited to find out what they would be doing next.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Kim readied herself to have another Potions class. First thing she remembered before entering the room was she officially hated the subject, though she still don't know whether she hated the subject really or the professor himself. She knew that whether she chooses the other, her option of going to that class is still necessary.

As she entered the room, she noticed the difference of the coldness of the dungeon inside it and the coldness of the dungeon from their common room. At least, on their territory, the cold air was accommodating unlike how cold it was inside their potion's room. She breathed heavily, knowing that the time inside the four-cornered space will fell like eternity.

"Take out your homework and pass it up quickly," their professor suddenly started. She softly passed it forward with no expectation floating inside her mind.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 am

"Let's begin." James said.

((OOC: I am done with the online grades thing, for know on I am going to give house points for everything, and the way to pass my class is to get me to like you, and to do that, make me remember you by standing out and doing something smart))

"Today we will talk about the Wolfsbane Potion. Who can tell me about the potion?"
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 am

Shah was bored dead. According to her Potions was one useless subject. But when Prof. Wayne said 'Wolfsbane Potion', that got her moving. She knew everything about Wolfs; her mom used to be one....before she was killed.

She began saying, "The Wolfsbane Potion is a complex potion. It helps werewolves to keep their human minds, when they transform during the full moon. One of it's ingredient is Aconite. Aconite is very poisonous. It's always a risk to drink it." She paused and then added, "I'm not sure, but I think it was invented by some guys called Damocles." She smiled at herself. She was glad she knew something in potions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm

"Thank you." James said. "For calling out. 5 points from gryffindor"
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Shah was about to smile when she heard him clearly. Not again.

Five points "from" Gryffindor? THAT IS NOT FAIR!!

"I thought we were supposed to answer the question, Professor. Why do lose points for that?" She asked as politely as possible. Inside, Shah was yelling at the top of her voice. This definitely cleared Shah's doubts. She hated him and there was no changing it.

Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

"Today we will talk about the Wolfsbane Potion. Who can tell me about the potion?" Professor Wayne inquired after a while. James remembered reading about that particular potion, but he couldn't exactly recall what it was used for. He began searching for more information about the brew in his textbook, when suddenly Shah spoke. Surprised, he raised his gaze from the book and listened to her answer. Despite her usual dislike for the subject, to say the least, she seemed to have a particular interest for Wolfsbane, as she was able to give a precise description of it.

However, her satisfied smile was swiftly wiped off her face when Professor Wayne deduced five points from Gryffindor for calling out. The girl did her best to maintain calm, even though she was visibly seething on the inside. James really hoped she could keep her composure, as he was convinced that losing her temper would only make things worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:13 am

James ignored her argument. "The Wolfsbane Potions is used to control werewolves during transformation. What is the key ingredient in this potion?" James asked.

((Remember, this is my character's strictness))
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:57 am

Ella sat in the cold Potions room. She despised this class and Professor Wayne but she had no choice but to take it or she'd flunk out of year 1.After watching Professor Wayne and Shah, Ella was nervous to answer but slipped her hand up anyways. Darn Slytherin competitiveness she thought. She couldn't afford Slytherin to lose anymore house points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:04 am

"Yes, Ella?"
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 am

"Yes, Ella?" Professor Wayne replied.

"Professor, I believe the active ingredient in Wolfsbane Potion is wolfsbane which is also referred to as aconite or monkshood." Ella retorted in her French accent,sounding quite confident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

"Well said, Ella." James said. "Anyone take a guess of what will the effect of this potion be on a human who is not a werewolf or never will transform into one. I want the answer in parchment, and pass it up to my desk when you finish and then wait quietly."
Back to top Go down
Ella Vega
Adult
Ella Vega

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 am

"Well said, Ella." Professor Wayne said. "Anyone take a guess of what will the effect of this potion be on a human who is not a werewolf or never will transform into one. I want the answer in parchment, and pass it up to my desk when you finish and then wait quietly."

Ella took out a piece of parchment and in her elegant print she wrote.

If someone who is not a werewolf or will never turn to one then drinking this potion will most likely make them sick. The aconite (wolfsbane/monkshood) in the potion is actually poisonous. It must even be brewed a certain way due to the ingredients being highly poisonous. My guess would be that if some non-werewolf person were to drink this then it would be fatal.

E

Taking a look over it and holding her breath in hopes it's not too horrible she passes it up to Professor Wayne's desk and sits quietly with her hands folded neatly on her desk.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 am

Shah was fuming. She didn't say anything. She had said exactly what Ella had said.

And he takes five points from me 'because' I said the right answer.

Shah calmed down. She grabbed a piece of parchment and scribbled on it:

If person who is not a werewolf, takes this then there might serious health problems. The most important ingredient in the Wolfsbane potion is the aconite which is very poisonous. So, there might be severe consequences if a non-werewolf person drinks it.

A

She passed it in front, as she made a resolution to NEVER answer or take part in potions again. Of course, she had to pass the subject with exceeding grades, so she would write the assignments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 pm

((When you finish the assignment, I will grade it and edit your post showing your grade))
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:14 am

Kim started to write her answer in a parchment.

"If the wolfsbane potion is to be taken by a person who can't transform into werewolf or will never be transformed into one, the effect might be certain diseases or health problems associated with its main ingredient, aconite. Aconite's leaves are considered to be highly toxic but then, in potion making, it is aconite's flowers that are used. Even though it is not direct, flowers and leaves are taken from one plant, which makes the flowers also toxic. This factor might produce an effect that is not delightful to the drinker."

She passed it on the professor's table and waited for further instructions.

O
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 am

Wade had quietly listened to every part of the lesson so far, including the argument in which Professor Wayne unfairly took points off Shah. Silently, he did the required assignment.

If a non-werewolf sort of person takes the wolfsbane potion, then this person will most likely be poisoned. Given that the most important ingredient in the Wolfsbane potion is the aconite, which is very poisonous, the taker will probably suffer greatly.

P.S.
I don't care if you take points off Slytherin for this, but what did with Shah was unfair. She did the right thing, she said the right thing, and it's not something you're supposed to take points off for. I think you, as a professor, should be an example to us. Someone fair and just, not someone who just picks on certain students and unfairly punishes them.

Sincerely,
Your favorite student.

Wade walked up to Professor Wayne's desk and slammed the parchment on his desk, startling a few students, but unable to have that effect on the Professor himself. As he looked up, Wade smiled wickedly.

T
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 am

James was concentrated grading other papers and Wade slammed the parchment to his desk, James was not startled at all, he peacefully spoke out to Made as he walked "Detention, Mr. Malfoy!" he said, He quickly took out a quill and without even reading his paper, he wrote a big "T" on it.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:55 pm

After Wade saw the grade Professor Wayne had given him he felt very angry'
"You didn't even read it! This is unfair!" He said, not able to keep his calm anymore. "And I won't show up to detention!" He picked uo his book and his backpack and without another word he walked out the room, slamming the door shut.
He couldn't help but feel bad about what he'd done, but if Professor Wayne didn't respect his students then he wasn't going to give any respect in return.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 am

Kim was shocked seeing the conflict between her classmate and her teacher. She wasn't sure on what she should do about it. Back on her hometown, every time bullies are in front of her, being invisible is her only choice. She kept quiet all through out the scene and didn't move even an inch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Three   Potions Lesson Three Empty

Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Three
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next