Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Potions Lesson Two Homework

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Potions Lesson Two Homework Empty
PostSubject: Potions Lesson Two Homework   Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 am

Homework for Lesson Two
Instructions:
Answer the following questions: COMPLETE ANSWERS!
1. What are flabberghasted leeches?
2. What is the Draught of Sanare?
3. What are the uses of stewed lacewing flies?
4. BONUS: What would happen if I add unstewed lacewing flies to a brew?
Back to top Go down

Potions Lesson Two Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potions Lesson Two Homework   Potions Lesson Two Homework EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Homework:

James Riddle:

Quote :

James Riddle
Ravenclaw
First Year

Flabberghasted leeches are a type of small, aquatic bloodsucking or carnivorous worms, which are used in potion-making (often in the form of a liquid solution). The adjective "flabberghasted" means "completely astonished". Flabberghasted leeches are used as an ingredient when stewing lacewing flies. However, adding them to a potion, as their name indicates, gives a random effect to it, which for example makes the Draught of Sanare a rather dangerous brew that must be consumed only by those who are in critical situations.

The Draught of Sanare is a very powerful healing potion, capable of relieving physical pain, even when it is extremely intense. It is a rather advanced mixture, which would take the form of a perfectly clear liquid if correctly brewed. The required ingredients include lacewing flies, boomslang skin, powedered branch of Baneberry, a genus of flowering plant, along with juice from its poisonous berries, flabberghasted leeches, syrup of Arnica (a healing plant), wormwood essence and powdered root of asphodel.

Once correctly prepared, stewed lacewing flies are an ingredient in several potions. This process consists of stewing them, in other words putting them in boiling water, and then letting them rest for exactly twenty-one days. After that, they sometimes have to be refrigerated for two days, making them ready to use.

Stewed lacewing flies are one of the the ingredients required to brew the Draught of Sanare, as well as the Polyjuice Potion, a rather advanced mixture that enables its drinker to assume the appearance of someone else. Additionally, stewing lacewing flies constitutes the first step in the making process of the Mandrake Restorative Draught, a potion whose effect is to bring those who have been transfigured or cursed back to their original state. While the flies are stewing, another potion has to be prepared in a separate cauldron, and once everything is ready, both mixtures are put together and form the Mandrake Restorative Draught.

If unstewed or improperly stewed lacewing flies are added to a brew, the mixture will not be made correctly, which means that its effects may differ from the ones it usually has, making it quite a dangerous mistake with possibly severe consequences.

Lucy Malfoy:

Quote :
Lucy Malfoy
Slytherin
September 18th, 2012

Lesson II Homework

Flabberghasted leeches are just leeches that have been used in potions. The cool thing behind their name is that it means "astonished", which matches with the state of the leeches during the potion making.

The Draught of Sanare is a healing potion (I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think "sanare" has latin roots....it sounds like "healing" in Spanish).

I'm not sure about the uses, but I do know that Lacewing Flies are very delicate, greenish flies with transparent wings.

Well, I guess, by logic, that the potion would turn out horrible, or it just wouldn't happen at all.

Quote :

WADE MALFOY
Potions-Wayne
9/18/12

1. What are flabberghasted leeches? Flabberghasted leeches are a kind of leech used in potion-making. They appear to be sorta green-ish in the pictures I looked up.

2. What is the Draught of Sanare? The Draught of Sanare is a very powerful healing potion, I know that for sure.

3. What are the uses of stewed lacewing flies? Um, since I don't know the answer to this....I'm just gonna leave it like this and write about monkeys. They are my favorite animal, and I think they're very cute. I want a pet monkey. Honestly, if I did have a pet monkey, I think I'd name him Luke....after Luke Skywalker. Or maybe Yoda? No, I like Luke.

4. BONUS: What would happen if I add unstewed lacewing flies to a brew? The Potion wouldn't work out???

Ella/ Ellie Fontayne:

Quote :
1.Flabberghasted leeches are a type of leech used in potion-making.
2. What is the Draught of Sanare? ?
3. The uses of stewed lacewing flies are to make potions such as the Draught of Sanare.

Shah Chelsea Hazel:

Quote :
Potions Homework Lesson Two

Draught of Sanare

Flabberghasted leeches are a kind of leech. They are used in potion-making.

The Draught of Sanare is a brew that is very powerful in healing. Two of its ingredients can form a very powerful potion.

Stewed lacewing flies are an ingredient used in the Polyjuice Potion.

I don't know but probably the potion will be produced wrong.

Keith Parker:

Quote :
Keith Parker
Gryffindor
First Year

1. Flabberghasted leeches are a kind of leech. They are used in potion-making.
2. The Draught of Sanare contains ingredients such as lacewing flies, boomslang skin, powdered branch of baneberry, juiced berry from baneberry, flabberghasted leeches, syrup of Arnica, wormwood essence, and powdered root of asphodel. The juiced berry from baneberry makes whoever drinks it die.
3. It is an ingredient used in very important potions such as the Draught of Sanare, and even the Polyjuice Potion.
4. BONUS: The potion would not brew properly.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1