Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
How Mordred came to be! EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
How Mordred came to be! EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
How Mordred came to be! EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
How Mordred came to be! EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
How Mordred came to be! EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
How Mordred came to be! EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
How Mordred came to be! EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
How Mordred came to be! EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
How Mordred came to be! EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
How Mordred came to be! EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
How Mordred came to be! EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
How Mordred came to be! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
How Mordred came to be! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
How Mordred came to be! EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
How Mordred came to be! EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

How Mordred came to be!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Head of Department of Mysteries

How Mordred came to be! Empty
PostSubject: How Mordred came to be!   How Mordred came to be! EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 pm

All right, so I figured I'd use this forum to the fullest and share with you all why I decided to make Mordred! *doesn't really expect that people will read this*

So, one day I was on google. I missed RPG's, because the ones I'd been a part of all went under and it really sucked. I decided to find a new page and searched through them all until I found LTM. It was different from the other pages and at first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but I decided to give it a shot. As I always do when joining a new RPG, I checked the FC-list, because I sort of want to use the fc's of the celebrities I like. And I saw that Scarlett Johansson (whom I was obsessed with at the time) wasn't taken, and I instantly wanted to make a character to that fc.

But then I decided not to. The reason: on every forum I ever joined, the first character I made was a girl. So I decided to change that and then I instantly went to see if Benedict Cumberbatch was available. AND HE WAS! I instantly made the decision that it would be a guy and I once had a character that was a descendant of Morfin Gaunt. So I used the same background story when I depicted the application.

And then it was the given name. I decided that it ought to start with an M and that there should be an R in the name somewhere as it is with Merope, Morfin and Marvolo. And as I was deeply rooted into the Merlin-franchise at that moment, it didn't take me long to decide that I wanted to use the name Mordred. I thought the one who played Mordred in those series actually reminded me a bit of Benedict, and figured it would be a suitable name.

When making the application, I decided that Mordred ought to have some of the faults that Marvolo and Morfin had. Like, being a sociopath. As this is the diagnosis of Sherlock Holmes in the series Sherlock, this was something I found awesomely funny. So I went with that. But I didn't want him to be without weakness, and that's how I decided that him having a daughter would be perfect, and it would give me the excuse of also having a student at Hogwarts. It would also provide him with many different aspects, and not just the same, sociopathic tendencies. Much more to play on!

I easily landed on the Unspeakable position for him, because research. I actually never intended for him to become the Head of anything, but I figured he'd rather want to be his own boss than have someone else control him around, and therefore I made him become the Head of the Department of Mysteries. And also, it sounded cool. However, that had nothing to do with how he came to be, that was more a development that came naturally.

SO! That's Mordred. I figured this would be a nice thing to write down, not necessarily for other people to read, but also for myself to keep track of why I created him, and all the reasons for why I shouldn't let him go. I wouldn't, though. I LOVE MORDRED.
Back to top Go down

How Mordred came to be!
Page 1 of 1