Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2

Go down 
+5
Aoife O'Donnell
Blake Ralston
Victoria Campero
Hunter VanDerberg
Lucia Henley
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 Empty
PostSubject: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:38 pm

((Lucia has not yet entered the class, she will when the students have come))

On blackboard:
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:45 pm

Hunter had stopped in the Great Hall briefly for a bite of lunch before heading to his next class, which was potions. Hunter wasn't great at magic, but he'd learned last year that he had quite a knack for potion making! So, it was with some excitement that he escaped the Great Hall and made the short trip to the potions classroom in the dungeons. When he reached the classroom and let himself inside, he saw that he was the only one in there. He must be early.

As he made his way toward the front and took a seat in the second row, he saw that the board said they'd be making an antidote to poison. He leaned back in his chair and flipped his book open, searching for the right page. When he found it, he scanned the pages to become familiar with it before the others arrived. He wanted to have at least one good subject!
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Her first class of the term was thankfully Potions, the only subject she always enjoyed without fail. Perhaps this was because her father's favorite subject was also Potions, so he made sure the library in their home was filled with books regarding this subject. She would spend hours every day, sitting in the library and reading any and all books about Potions she could get her hands on. However, reading was the only thing she was allowed to do. Her father wouldn't let her use an actually cauldron, out of fear that she would blow the house apart. Which in his defense was a completely rational fear when it comes to Victoria, so she never complained about it.

Walking into the classroom, her eyes immediately fell on the board and she smiled when she red the tittle 'Antidote to Common Poisons'. That was one thing she knew how to make, at least in theory. "Hi", Victoria said as she spotted Hunter sitting in the second row. "I can't believe summer is already over. Did you have fun?", she asked as she took a seat in the first row and put her book on the table.
Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult
Blake Ralston

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:28 am

Blake didn't mind potions as Professor Henley was nice and didn't mind when his lack of magical knowledge was glaringly obvious at times. This was sometimes particularly potent in classes such as Potions. Sometimes he could brew the perfect one, other times, well things didn't end too well. He hoped today would be a good day, but just in case he chose a row to himself when he entered the classroom. He didn't want to make anyone else suffer for his mistakes. "Hey Hunter and Victoria." Blake greeted them. As they were talking to one another Blake placed his book on the desk and read the board. At least he understood what it said today and antidotes seemed basic enough, or so he hoped.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 am

Aoife hated Potions so much. Professor Henley was nice and everything but...those slugs. Poor, dead slugs. Brutally murdered, probably by Henley, who could just be putting on a nice act, even though she was a murderer. Ruuuude. But still, she was going to the class for the sake of a good education.

When she got to the classroom, she saw a few students had already arrived but BrutalMurdererHenley wasn't there yet. Maybe she was going to make a dramatic entrance. "Hi Hunter!" she beamed when she saw her best friend, then took a seat nearby. "Hey Vicky-Tori! Blake, right? And hi! I'm Aoife!" she added, smiling at the other girl who must be a first-year.

Wow, she was second year now! That was so cool!
Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult
Blake Ralston

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:28 am

Blake looked up when Aoife came prancing into the room and he refrained from rolling his eyes. He still hadn't forgotten that she had selfishly stolen the last of the Haribos. He just couldn't forgive easily when it came to something like that. "Yeah, it's Blake," he replied a little impatiently. They were in the same year, was she forgetting his name to wind him up? Blake decided to give it no more thought as he needed all his willpower to go into attempting to make the potion successfully this time round.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am

"Hi Victoria!" Hunter said brightly to the dark-haired girl when she entered the room shortly after him. "Yeah, It was a great summer! But it's good to be back. How was yours?" he replied in a friendly manner. Blake got there next, and Hunter grinned at him in greeting. "Hey, mate!" he said, closing his textbook so that he could socialize more freely with the others.

When Aoife got to class, her greeting seemed to cause Blake some irritation. Hunter just watched on in amusement as Blake responded to her a bit shortly before greeting the red-head himself. "Morning, Aoife!" he said casually. "Are you going to need me to do your slugs for you this time?" he added with a cheeky grin, referring to the class last year where she'd nearly gotten sick from crushing her slugs. While he was joking with her, he wouldn't actually mind crushing her slugs for her if she needed it.
Back to top Go down
Lyn VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyn VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year I

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Potions in the dungeons. Shouldn't be hard, right? Lyn's plan was to 1) find the dungeons, and 2) find the classroom. It wasn't exactly hard till she entered the dungeons. It was like a whole lot of private dark mazes for itself. She walked around them for a bit, until she got lost and asked a nice Slytherin for directions. So much for Slytherins being full of gits! she thought, as the older student pointed her towards the Potions classrooms. Please don't let me be late, please please please, Lynette prayed to herself as she was walking. Suddenly, she spotted a Gryffindor girl about her age and decided to follow her. What would a Gryffindor be doing in the dungeons unless it was for class?

Trailing behind the nice-looking girl, she watched as she entered a classroom. Lynette waited a few minutes before entering- she didn't want to make it seem obvious that she had been following the girl. When she arrived in the classroom, she realized that she was alone. She didn't know anyone. Or, at least, Lyra wasn't there yet. Just as she was about to slip into the back row of the classroom and find a seat there, she spotted Hunter greeting the Gryffindor girl. Aoife. Wasn't that the name of the girl which Hunter told them was a sheep-obsessed sweet-loving crazy fun girl? Lyra was totally convinced that Hunter had a crush on this Aoife girl.

Without thinking, Lyn walked towards where Hunter was sitting and beamed at her brother. "Hi Hunter!" she greeted him, then pointed at a seat next to Hunter. "Is that seat taken?" If she was lucky, she could save a seat for Lyra, too.
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:14 pm

Potions couldn't be too hard, could it? Just mixing up dead animals and weird, dodgy liquids and stuff. So Lyra was almost looking forward to this class, if it meant she might maybe find it slightly easy? Not because she was good at it, but because it sounded like chucking stuff in a bowl and mixing it around. And she could do that. If it was scrambled eggs, anyway.

But before she could become the greatest potion-person ever, she had to find the way to the Dungeons, where the classroom apparently was. Dungeons were at the bottom of somewhere, so it couldn't be difficult to find some stairs and go down them. But then the staircases went mad. And she got distracted by a portrait again, because he looked nice but didn't wave back at her. But it turned out he was asleep.

Eventually, she made it there. There were quite a few students already there, including Hunter, Lyn and her brother's girlfriend, Aoife. Well, he never shut up about her and they'd look so cute together, even if they weren't going out YET. "Hello!" Lyra said, beaming at everyone and taking a seat near her brother and sister. "Aoife, have you got any sweets?" If anyone did, she would.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Hunter glanced up and smiled brightly when he saw Lyn standing next to him, asking if the seat next to him was taken. "No, go ahead!" he said. "Even if it was, it's yours now!" One twin had made it. What about the other? "Where's Lyra?" he asked Lyn, leaning his chair back on two legs and balancing there.

Only a few minutes after, however, twin number two waltzed into the classroom as well. She greeted Hunter and Lyn, took a seat near them, and then looked straight at Aoife and asked for candy. Hunter started laughing. "You learn fast, kid," he said to his sister, shaking his head in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Lauren Madley
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Lauren Madley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Lauren entered class, and picked a seat in the back. She hated the dungeons very much, because they seemed creepy and the Slytherin Common Room was down here. She didn't speak to anyone, just sit here, get this class over with, and move to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

"It was lovely, and surprisingly long. I'm kind of glad that I'm back at school. Summer became boring in the end", Victoria said to Hunter. Besides sight seeing London, she had mainly spent her vacation reading books. "Morning Aoife, morning Blake", she said as she saw them coming into the classroom. Then twin girls walked in and Victoria recognized them as Hunter's sisters, as he talked about them often.

Her attention soon turned to the only other Ravenclaw in the room. She didn't seem familiar so Victoria gathered that she was a first year. "Hi, I'm Victoria", she introduced herself to the brunette with a smile. "Are you a first year? I haven't really seen you around before"
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Lucia looked at her clock and smiled; time to start the class. She was in a very good mood, her summer having been spent well and she was very ready to teach another year at Hogwarts. She looked at her Phoenix before raising from her desk and leaving her office into the Potions classroom. She looked at her students, recognizing the second years and studying the first years. Hopefully this class would be fun.

"Hello everybody, welcome and welcome back to Hogwarts!" she said and walked over to her desk, leaning back at it, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She looked at her blackboard and waved her wand at it, and the chalk vanished, apart from the name of the potion they were going to brew.

"As you can all probably tell, we're going to brew a potion called Antidote to Common Poisons," she started, making sure she had everyone's attention. When she was sure that she did, she straightened up and took a few steps forward. "Can anyone here tell me what sort of ingredient is very efficient when it comes to antidotes to poisons?" she asked curiously, "And also, what are the ingredients in this potion?" she added, pointing to the blackboard.
Back to top Go down
Lauren Madley
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Lauren Madley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Lauren raised her hand and said, "Bezoar is very efficient when it comes to this potion, because it acts as an antidote to most poisons. Also, the ingredients are 1 Bezoar, 2 measures of Standard Ingredient, 1 pinch of unicorn horn, and 2 mistletoe berries."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:58 pm

Ryan ran into the classroom and noticed he was totally late, "Um, sorry Professor Henley. Wont happen again." He grabbed the closest seat he could and sat in it. He noticed he just happened to grab a seat next to Lauren. He nodded at her and turned his attention to the lesson. He wondered if she was still mad at him.
Back to top Go down
Seren Pierce
Adult
Seren Pierce

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw Student

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Ugh. Seren really had to start getting to class earlier, because every time she walked into a classroom, Hunter was already SURROUNDED BY GIRLS. Well, him and his equally cute friend who Seren still hadn't met. This was getting REALLY old. And no matter where she saw Hunter, Aoife was ALWAYS there following him around. THAT GIRL NEEDS TO GET A LIFE.

But really, Aoife was the only person in the large group sitting toward the front that Seren hated with a burning passion, so she decided to go and sit near them. She knew Victoria anyway. "Hi!" she said as she took a seat behind Hunter and his friend. "I'm Seren," she announced for the benefit of those who didn't have the pleasure of already knowing her.

There wasn't much time for chat, though, because Professor Henley had made it to the classroom. She started the lesson by asking the EASIEST question. But before Seren could answer, some brat in the back of the room got to it first! CLEARLY these first years needed to learn their place. Seren turned slightly in her chair to glare at the girl before facing the front again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Elizabeth walked towards the potions classroom but soon she realized that she was late for the lesson. She soon run towards the dungeons, when she near the classroom she stopped the running and tried to catch her breath again. She soon opened the door and saw that class had began already. "I'm sorry for being late, It won't happen next time," she told to professor and took a seat somewhere where was available. She didn't sat next to anyone, she liked to sit alone more right now.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Lucia smiled at the girl who raised her hand and replied rightly to her question. "Correct, ten points to Ravenclaw," Lucia managed to say before three students entered the classroom late. Lucia sighed and looked at them. Had they not read her instructions? Never interrupt a class by apologizing for being late. Nothing was more disturbing.

She sighed. "Unfortunately, ms. Madley, ms. Night and ms. Pierce lost your gained points. Also, mr. Sanchez, you lost five points as well," she said; she really disliked it when people were late to her class, but she didn't show her disdain as she continued the class.

"A bezoar is, as ms. Madley said, very efficient in this potion, and it will also help to slow down a most potent poison. It might not cure it completely, but it will give enough time to brew an antidote," she explained. "Now, I want you all to find this potion in your books, and get the necessary ingredients. When you have, just start brewing the potion, don't wait for my permission," Lucia said and gave them the all clear, sitting back behind her desk and worked on some paperwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Ryan looked over at Lauren, "Wanna partner up?" He hoped she would say yes and stop being mad at him. He opened his book and read the ingredients list: 1 bezoar, Unicorn hairs, and mistle toe berries. He got up and got the necessary ingredients and started brewing their potion.
Back to top Go down
Lauren Madley
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Lauren Madley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 pm

"Sure." Lauren smiled at him, then started crushing the bezoar into a very fine powder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Ryan smiled victoriously, he had gotten her to speak. After Lauren finished crushing the bezoar, Ryan took 4 measures and added it to the cauldron.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Lucia looked up from her paperwork as she heard some of the students talking to each other. This wasn't a bad thing, she actually liked it when the students felt comfortable enough in her classroom to talk while making the potion, so long that they paid attention to what they were doing as well. But when she saw two people working together with the same cauldron, Lucia quickly rose and walked over to them.

"Mr. Sanchez, Ms. Madley, I do not recall saying that this was a potion to brew in pairs. I couldn't grade you fairly if you were to brew together. One might get a better grade than they should. So please, do it over again," she said, waving her wand, making their potion vanish and left only the ingredients they had yet to use. "Go get the ingredients you have used and get started. Separately," she said. She wasn't harsh in her tone, just telling them straight.

She then returned to her desk, looking around the classroom. "If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask them," she said softly before returning to her paperwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Ryan looked over at Lauren and frowned, he really wanted to work with his girlfriend. He sighed and went to retrieve more ingredients and started crushing the bezoar and brewing his potion. Occasionally looking up to see if Lauren was looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Hearing a young Ravenclaw win ten points for her answer made Victoria happy. Her house had started the school year rather miserably with house points, and if they plan to even have a chance of winning this year every point will count. But then just afterwards, Ravenclaw lost ten points for tardiness. Great, another wonderful step in the wrong direction, she thought.

"Oh hey", she greeted her roommate as she went to the cabinet to retrieve the needed ingredients. Her potions book had a twelve step process of making this potion, and it didn't seem that complicated as long as she followed the instructions very carefully. She crushed the bezoar into powder as instructed and added some to her cauldron. Victoria continued reading from the book and wondered what 'heat to a medium temperature' meant exactly. How do you measure a medium temperature in Celsius? Not having a clue how to answer that question, she just heated up her cauldron hoping it wouldn't explode all over the room.
Back to top Go down
Lauren Madley
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Lauren Madley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:33 pm

Lauren was getting started on her own potion, crushing the beozar and adding four measures to the cauldron. She then added two measures of the Standard Ingredient, then heated it at the medium temperature for five seconds. She stirred the potion once anti-clockwise, and then relaxed for the 7 minutes she had to while the potion brewed. During that time, she occasionally looked at Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2   Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 7, lesson 1, year 1&2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next