Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 pm

[Last lesson's homework will be due as soon as you post in this thread.]

The whole room was bright, a new white light had been streaking into the classroom from the outside of the walls. Selene turned to Gretchen, "Should we add more decorations?" she gestured towards the simply decorated room. Besides the new light, which gave the room a whole different vibe from the last lesson, the temperature was warmer and welcoming. Small silver packets had been placed on each student's desk, and the windows had been tainted with a glittering touch.

Having been known for her use of visuals in her lessons, Selene thought the room was missing something. Gretchen smiled and suggested something that resembled the forest. That gave Selene the idea to use her wand. In seconds, the bright walls of the classroom were now the forest. They were real, vivid in an almost three-dimensional state, much like the ceiling in the Great Hall.

"I think that's it." she said, feeling a cool breeze come in from the meadow he had just placed around her room. "We'll wait for them now, Gretchen." she said and took a seat at her desk, with the humble house elf climbing on to a chair Selene had brought specially for her.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Lucy walked into the Professor Vega's class feeling a bit uneasy. The talk about her patronus she had had with Phoenix had revealed a lot more than she was looking for, and she knew she had written it all down for the Professor to read. With a small smile, Lucy took her seat in the front row, not looking around to see if anyone else came in.

It won't be Wade... He had left right after she confronted him about his attitude, and she couldn't help but feel as if that was the reason he was taking time off school's stressful days. Either way, it was almost the end of the term, so he would be okay.

Taking out her wand, Lucy began to tap it on her desk, making teal sparks come out and amuse her while the class began.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Feeling tired, Aylee entered the classroom, holding nothing but her bag and one of her books. Last night she had spent ages trying to finish her Care of Magical Creatures homework but she felt proud of it. So although she had dark circles under her eyes she held a smile on her face. You could tell she didn't sleep well, though, mostly because her hair was in a hurried side-ponytail. Slowly taking a seat at the back of the class, she took out the books she needed from her heavy bag, a parchment, quill and ink-bottle. She then looked around and, for the first time ever, noticed the decorations. For a moment she wondered if Professor Vega had made some kind of teleporter spell on the classroom door to take them to the forest but then Aylee shook her head, knowing how the Professor liked decorating the class for the theme of the lesson. So we're studying something that lives in the forest, she thought, remembering when the class looked like it was underwater in the Merpeople lesson. And the class looked more warmer than it felt. Then she noticed the silver packet on her desk. Should we open it? Aylee thought, her hand reaching out for it to pull it closer and examine it. But after some thought, she left the packet where it was on her desk.

The next thing she noticed was that she and Lucy were the only ones in the classroom so far. The Slytherin girl seemed to be playing with her wand while the class started. Aylee shrugged to herself, not in the mood for wand games and looked at the teacher's desk. There, Professor Vega and a house-elf were sitting. She had seen the house-elf once or twice before but she didn't even know the house-elf's name. So then she just looked at the view of the forest and wondered when the lesson was going to start.

Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Selene decided to start the class and began to walk towards the board. "Welcome, today we'll be studying Unicorns." She smiled and motioned to the silver package in front of the students. "Open it, it's a gift for each of you." She watched as the students opened the packages, revealing small vials with a clear, silvery liquid, hanging from delicate chains. "Unicorn tears, to remind you that there is nothing more pure than this beautiful creature."

"Each vial will adjust to the person it belongs to now. Hence why you should see your name engraved on the glass very soon. It is long said that a Unicorn's tears would heal and purify you, so in case there is ever a need for you to use them, do so." she informed them. Turning to Gretchen, she motioned for the house elf to begin handing out papers for the students. "In European folklore, the unicorn is  depicted as a white horselike animal with a long horn and cloven hooves. In the Middle Ages and Renaissance, it was described as a wild woodland creature and was a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin." she then waited until each student had received the handout.

[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns Tumblr_ml9nlkMj841qjyasqo1_1280

"In the Middle Ages and Renaissance period, the knowledge of this creatures came from the Bible." As she said this, a list appeared on the board, in fine script, her own handwriting.

• God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.—Numbers 23:22

• His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth.—Deuteronomy 33:17

• Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib? Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee? Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him? Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?—Job 39:9–12

• Save me from the lion's mouth; for thou hast heard me from the horns of unicorns.—Psalms 22:21

• He maketh them [the cedars of Lebanon] also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.—Psalms 29:6

• But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of the unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.—Psalms 92:10

• And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with their bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.—Isaiah 34:7

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm

When Professor Vega announced that they could open the packages, Aylee opened hers slowly, curious on what it held inside. She found a small vial, kind of like the Potions kind but smaller, which was hanging on a delicate chain. Then she noticed the clear, silvery liquid inside the vials and wondered what it was, until Professor Vega answered her question. Unicorn tears, she thought. Even the words sounded magical and magestic to her. Aylee put the chain around her neck and it hung perfectly- just like a necklace. At that moment, she promised to herself to always keep the vial with her. She was staring at the liquid in the vial when a paper appeared under her eyes, causing her to look up and remember that she was still in a lesson.

For the rest of Professor Vega's lecture, Aylee listened intently and made a low snorting sound at "which could only be captured by a virgin." Why she did, she didn't know, all she was thinking about was, Oh my god, that's just stupid! She shook her head, telling herself to respect the ancients, just in time to see the writing appear on the board. The Bible, Aylee thought. She wasn't a Christian and neither was her family. The only religious person she knew of was he uncle, who apparently was a Muslim. But still, she read the writing and wondered, How do they know what the Unicorn looks like if they only read about it in the Bible? She then looked at the handouts that they had gotten from the house-elf, which she still didn't know the name of, and then put her index finger on the Unicorn's hair. My wand core, Aylee thought, not knowing why it was so important. Then she thought, I feel sorry for the unicorns. Having their hair and tail ripped out, blood drunk, tears collected, I bet they're as rare as tigers.

Then she thought, Am I even listening to Professor Vega?

Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:49 pm

When Professor Vega told them they could open the packages, Wade opened his quietly. Given as him and Lucy weren't on the best of terms, he didn't want to glance at her. "Unicorn tears." Wade breathed as he had not yet opened his when the professor announced what it was. He found a vial, much like he ones he had used before, but this one seemed much more fragile. It was clinging on to a delicate chain, which Wade gladly hung around his neck and watched as his name, Wade Malfoy, scribbled itself on the glass. The liquid inside was clear yet with a hint of silver, making Wade think of it as being much more precious. 

He quickly shifted his attention to the board, took his handout from Gretchen, Professor Vega's house elf, and began to take notes, all the while keeping his fingers holding on to the vial. Maybe one day the unicorn tears would come in handy, yet he hoped that wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am

Auden ran into the classroom. She was late yet again. "Sorry Professor." Auden said while taking a seat.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 am

Ryland took quick notes and soon filled up the page; he was really trying to write word for word of what the professor was saying, in case they had to take a quiz or some form of evaluation. He hadn't opened his silver box yet, as he had chosen to do that on his own time even though he already knew what it was.

"Professor Vega, how is it only a virgin could catch a unicorn? And I'm sorry if I'm being sexist, but does that apply to males also? I mean, in the case that a young boy, such as myself or anyone close to my age, were to look for a unicorn, would they be able to find it if they were...you know? Virgins?" he hoped the question would be suitable for the class as he didn't want to make a fool of himself for asking such things.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Auden was busy taking notes when Ryland started to speak. She looked up. It made sense that both genders would be able to find Unicorns... Auden listened for the Professor's response.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:22 am

"Great question Ryland." Selene noted. "5 points to Gryffindor." She thought about the question for a few seconds. "I'm sure that if you were indeed looking for a unicorn, and you were in fact a virgin, you would most certainly find one." she finally answered. "Although most stories tell only of virgin women, I'm sure that a creature as kind as a unicorn wouldn't make a big deal about gender. Though, let me ask you all this question, why would someone even go out looking for a unicorn?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Auden knew this and raised her hand. "Professor I read somewhere that Unicorn horns were widely believed to detect poison in food and drinks. Also Unicorn blood heals things." Auden replied hoping her answers were right.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Suddenly, Ryland asked a question and Professor Vega answered. Aylee kept her head down, taking notes, when Auden answered the Professor's question. She then raised her hand and tried guessing, "I think that there are many reasons to go look for a unicorn. For example, I think wandmakers would go look for a unicorn because of its' hair to use as a wand core. Or maybe someone like Lord Voldemort, who wants the be immortal, would go look for a unicorn to drink its' blood. Or maybe a Potioneer or someone who teaches Potions, because I've heard that they use unicorn hair in a few recipes."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:21 am

"Very nice, both of you." she said. "Aylee, I'm particularly impressed with your answer. Bringing Voldemort up as part of the lesson. Though I'm sadly running out of time. There will be no homework until the next lesson when we revisit unicorns. You may leave." she told them and watched as they left her room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns   [Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns Empty

Back to top Go down

[Y3 and 4] Lesson 2 - Unicorns
Page 1 of 1