Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Transfiguration Lesson One Homework

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Transfiguration Lesson One Homework Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Name: Rebecca Jones
House: Gryffindor
Year: 1st Year
Lesson Title: Transfiguration 101

Questions (15 points).
1. Explain the term “Transfiguration” in your own words. (1)
Transfiguration is a branch of magic that changes an object or animal into another object or animal. I heard that it can be very complicated.
2. Why it’s essential to remain concentrated and disciplined during my lessons? (1)
Because a spell can go horribly wrong if you don't pay attention and say the wrong incantation.
3. What objects can be transfigured? Please, be detailed and also provide three examples of how transfigurational magic is limited. (4)
I don't know which objects can't be transfigured but I know that transfiguration has its limits. I know that you cannot conjure up food or gold from thin air. It is also limited in a place where you cannot "transfigure" the dead back to life. Also another limit is where an Animagus can only transfigure into one kind of animal.
4. What is advisable to do before transfiguring an animal, and why? (2)
It is advisable to get to know the animal before transfiguring it so it might feel more comfortable around you.
5. The spells used in this lesson are
A)
Transformation spell
and
B)
Untransfiguration spell (2)
6. Name the four branches of Transfiguration, from the easiest to the hardest. (5)
Transformation, Untransfiguration, Conjuration and Vanishment
Bonus task (5 points):
Write a 350 word minimum introduction of yourself (your name, family, pets, hobbies, favourite subjects, food, colour, etc.). What branch(es) of transfiguration and spells you find the most interesting, and why?

My name is Rebecca Jones and I am actually an only child. My mum is a witch and my dad is a Muggle. I found out that I was a witch when I was about six years old but my family told me when I was eight. I am the outdoor type although I never had a pet. I always love to explore outside and I would really like to have an adventure; I think being a witch is my first one! My favourite subject back in Muggle school was P.E. because I was the best at it. I really like to eat pizza, it was my favourite back home. I used to have lots of friends, they all thought I was... hyper. I am excited to make new friends here, too. When I was about nine, my mum took me to her sister's house and my wizard cousins used to show my how to fly a broomstick. Later on, we used to play Quidditch- two on two and my team always won. When I grow up, I want to be a great wizard and teach at Hogwarts; it's been my dream since I walked into the school. I think I find Transfiguration the most interesting class because it would be great if I transformed my book into a bike! (Joking.)

(OOC: Professor, were you, by any chance, a teacher at Hogwarts Extreme? Because that's how the teachers post their lessons there. I'm just curious; I used to play on it but I lost interest, it was a bit boring.)
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 am

Name: Ryland Lucas Marcotte
House: Gryffindor
Year: First Year
Lesson Title: Lesson One...Basic Transfiguration

Questions.

1. Explain the term “Transfiguration” in your own words.
Transfiguration is the ability to change an object/animal into another object/animal.
2. Why it’s essential to remain concentrated and disciplined during my lessons?
Because it's easy to make a mistake while casting the spell or saying the incantation if you get distracted.
3. What objects can be transfigured?
As far as I know, everything can be transfigured, with the exception of money and food. Other than that, I'm sure anything is withing transfiguration limits.
4. What is advisable to do before transfiguring an animal, and why?
It's always better to know the animal beforehand so it will be more comfortable around you and easier to change.
The Transformation spell and the Untrasfiguration Spell.
6. Name the four branches of Transfiguration, from the easiest to the hardest.
Bonus task:
Write a 350 word minimum introduction of yourself (your name, family, pets, hobbies, favourite subjects, food, colour, etc.). What branch(es) of transfiguration and spells you find the most interesting, and why?
My name is Ryland Lucas Marcotte, Muggle-born, and I grew up at an orphanage in France after my father died when I was four years old. I also did not have the chance to meet my mother since she died in childbirth according to my dad. When I received my Hogwarts acceptance letter, I accidentally set part of my dorm on fire which got me a pretty bad punishment from the Director of the orphanage. After that, I ran away and somehow Madame Torres found me and brought me to Hogwarts. I'm scheduled to spend summer vacations with someone but I still haven't found someone I trust yet. I've never had a pet until now, and it's a grey ferret named Rich. My favorite subject so far would have to be almost all of them because I like the feeling of being able to perform magic. I love croissants and I feel like I could eat them all the time. I don't really have a favorite colour. Since I'm relatively new to magic and it's branches, all of them sound interesting to me but I really want to learn how to turn myself into an animal, as I've heard it's possible from older students.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:27 am

Name: Emmalynne St. Pierre
House: Hufflepuff
Year: First

Questions (15 points).
Transfiguration is an ancient branch of magic that involves transforming one object into another via spells that change the physical form of the object, instead of just hiding it behind another image.

2. Why it’s essential to remain concentrated and disciplined during my lessons? (1)
It is essential to remain concentrated and disciplined during lessons because transfiguration is difficult and the consequences of failing to pay attention can be severe.

3. What objects can be transfigured? Please, be detailed and also provide three examples of how transfigurational magic is limited. (4)
Almost any object can be transfigured into another, except for food and money which cannot be transfigured out of thin air, That is one example of how transfiguration is limited, as well as the fact it is easier to transfigure a creature if it is more familiar with the witch or wizard since it would be calmer and more comfortable. Another limitation to transfiguration is seen in Animaguses, since they are limited to only being able to transfigure themselves into one creature instead of being able to transfigure into any creature in existence.

It is advisable to spend some time with an animal, letting it get more comfortable around you and possibly realize that you aren’t trying to injure it because that way it won’t fight against you, try to run away, or otherwise make the possibility of the spell going wrong bigger.

5. The spells used in this lesson are A) ……. and B) ……. (2)
The spells used in this lesson were the Transformation spell and the Untransfiguration spell.

6. Name the four branches of Transfiguration, from the easiest to the hardest. (5)
The four branches of Transfiguration are Transformation, Untransfiguration, Conjuration and Vanishment.

Bonus task (5 points):
My name is Emmalynne Noelle St. Pierre, and I am currently a half-blood first year Hufflepuff here at Hogwarts. I got my middle name because I was born on Christmas Eve, which is kind of both awesome and disappointing because my birthday gets all mixed up with normal holiday celebrations. My father is a Muggle investigative journalist and my mother is a witch who is somehow related to Caradoc Dearborn. He was a distant uncle or something. I have a little sister named Lily Rose, and she’s two going on three, and I have a purple pygmy puff named Caradoc as a pet although I call him Doc for short. He rides on my shoulder a lot, but he likes hiding behind my hair. My family lives in a Muggle section of London, even though both myself and my mother are witches and I first showed that I could do magic when I was four. We don’t know if my little sister is going to be magical too yet because she’s still too little.

My favorite color is purple, and I really like chocolate-covered strawberries, reading fairy tales and listening to music. I’m a journalist for the Hogwarts Hippogriff o’ News, too, because I want to be an investigative journalist like my papa when I grow up so I think working for the school paper will help with that. My favorite classes here at Hogwarts are Charms and Transfiguration, too, even though I’m still learning. I’m sort of afraid to fly, but I also like Flying class too because Professor Fortescue is also the Hufflepuff head of House and she’s really nice. Although so far most of the teachers here have been nice, like Professor Vega. I like her too because she makes her lessons fun. I’m kind of looking forward to learning how to conjure things, out of everything I could learn in Transfiguration, just because I’m not sure why I would want to transfigure animals into goblets or slippers or other objects. That makes me feel guilty, but if I was able to just make something appear out of thin air, that might be kind of cool.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Name: Aylee Walters
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 1st Year

Questions (15 points).
Transfiguration is a bunch of spells that enable you to change an object/animal into another object/animal.
Because if not, we can get the spell wrong by not having enough concentration or saying the wrong incantation.
There are a few limits to transfiguration. For one, an animagus can only change into one animal. I also heard that you can't make food appear out of thin air and that you can't "transfigure" the dead back to life.
You might want to be friends with the animal so it feels more comfortable with being transfigured.
A) Transformation spell and B) Untransfiguration spell (2)
Bonus task (5 points) Write a 350 word minimum introduction of yourself (your name, family, pets, hobbies, favourite subjects, food, colour, etc.). What branch(es) of transfiguration and spells you find the most interesting, and why?
My name is Aylee Walters and I am a muggle-born. I have two brothers and their names are Kynan and Ethan. Ethan is the annoying one of the family. When he found out I was a witch, he kept asking me to do silly magic and why he says that, I have no idea. I thought he is mature enough to not ask me to make him fly, since he is two years older than me. My other brother Kynan is the quiet one. He is two years younger than me and is either jealous or scared of me. I say that because he pretends I'm not in the room and doesn't talk to me. I never had a pet although my mum has an aquarium full of fish and three birds. I like to read a lot; there was never a week that I didn't visit the library.
I really like Hogwarts, it is very fascinating and, of course, enormous! I like to visit the lake sometimes because it is very quiet to just sit down and relax. Right now, I am in the Duelling League and I am also a journalist for the Hogwarts Hippogriff o' News. My favourite subjects are Transfiguration and Care of Magical Creatures. I have made many new friends at Hogwarts, everyone is very nice.
I am really interested in Transfiguration because it would be great to turn something into another. I wish that I could turn Ethan into a small ball because he never shuts up, but I know a first year can't do that spell.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Name: Shah Chelsea Hazel
House: Gryffindor!
Year: 2nd year
Sources: My brain.

Questions:
1. Explain the term “Transfiguration” in your own words.
Transfiguration is a branch of magic that deals with the kind of magic that is used to transform one object into another.

2. Why it’s essential to remain concentrated and disciplined during my lessons?
In order to be successful in performing Traqnsfiguration, it is essential to concentrate and be disciplined during your lessons.

3. What objects can be transfigured? Please, be detailed and also provide three examples of how transfigurational magic is limited.
Not animals can be transfigured, but a few objects that I have heard that can be Transfigured are: animals, desks, needles, teapots, etcetra. One example of limitations of transfigurational magic: Food cannot be created.

4. What is advisable to do before transfiguring an animal, and why?
Getting to know the animal before transfiguring an animal is advisable because it makes the animal feel much more comfortable around you.

5. The spells used in this lesson are A) ……. and B) ……. (2)
A) Transformation
B) Untransfiguration

6. Name the four branches of Transfiguration, from the easiest to the hardest.
a) Transformation
b) Untransfiguration
c) Conjuration
d) Vanishment

Bonus task:

I am Shah Chelsea Hazel. My late ex-ministry official mother, Melanie Hazel, was killed. My muggle father, Jared Hazel, r abandoned me. I have nowhere to go other than Hogwarts. It's my only home. I have one owl named Otus. I like to dance and sing when no one is around. I also like to write, and also, dressing up and experimenting my hair is placed no. 7 on my list of favourite things to do. I have bright red hair, brown eyes and I think I'm of average height for my age. Of course, belonging in Gryffindor and having red hair, my favourite colour is red. Also, blue, black and white. One interesting fact about Shah is that she likes to eat. A lot. She doesn't care what others think, and she's probably the only girl you would see, who eats like she lives for food rather than utilizing food to live. I find Transformation and Vanishment interesting. Transformation is....well, it's just fun to do and I believe it would be of great importance in certain situations. Vanisment because....the very fact that something can be in front of your eyes and the next minute it's gone; that really excites me. After all, magic is one exciting thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson One Homework   Transfiguration Lesson One Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Lesson One Homework
Page 1 of 1