Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY Empty
PostSubject: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Amethyst was determined to be on time for once. Just once. It was her very first class and she was shaking with nerves as she walked along the quiet corridor to the classroom. Hardly anyone was in sight as it was lunchtime and most students could be found in the great hall. She hadn't eaten anything as she was so afraid, certain she wouldn't be able to keep it down. The woman had left her supplies and things in the classroom during the previous period, so all she had to carry was her purple folder containing paperwork such as her class list. Nothing intresting. To her anyway.

When she arrived in the classroom, Ame walked towards her desk and layed the contents of the folder out messily all over it. Things were difficult to find when they were neat and tidy, she had always found. Seeing her hair was an unnatural greenis-brown, she hastily changed it back to its original blonde colour, praying that it wouldn't change in front of her new, innocent little class of firsties. If even her nose became slightly crooked, the kids' cute little eyes would notice and they'd be scared out of their skins. And she didn't want that to happen.

When the lunch period was over, Amethyst looked up from her papers and opened the old door for the students to come in. She waited impatiently, tapping her foot to the sound of the old clock ticking away in the corner. When a few students began to file in slowly, she smiled at them. Better do an introduction when everyone had arrived, rather than telling every single student her name. That would be a waste of time. Bleughh.

ooc- class will officially start when most students have posted to announce their arrival, probably tommorow or the 22nd, hopefully
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Lily was super excited. Transfiguration! It must be cool because Jen had said in her letters that it was her ultimate favorite subect in the couple of months she'd been at Hogwarts. Secretly, the girl was relieved that her idol hadn't moved up a year for whatever reasons. Jennifer would be there, she hoped. She was skipping along the corridor when she came across the classroom. Lalalala.

Oooh, she was the first one there! "Good morning Professor...um...I'm sorry. I don't know your name." This woman looked a little nervous and shaky. Maybe she was new too? Lily walked towards a desk with an empty seat on either side of it, so Jen had some choice in case there was something wrong with one which she hadn't noticed yet. Jennifer was much more clever than her, always had been.

Puppy love.

ooc - we haven't discussed this completely, Jen, thought it'd be alright Smile - ooc
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
::
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Jen wasn't hurrying to class. She knew there was a new Transfiguration professor, so it was pointless to hurry. She'd just had lunch and needed to let it go down. If she was late, there'd be no punishment for her, surely? She sauntered along the corridor humming an old Weird Sisters song from ages ago which was no.1 on her MP3 player. It wasn't their number one song, but it was pretty good despite this.

When she opened the door, Jennifer looked puzzled to see that she wasn't late - in fact, she was early. Really early. That meant her stupid watch had broken again. Hmmph. "Morning Professor Gelato." She'd only remembered the woman's name because she had been introduced right when someone accidentally kicked her at the Opening feast. Otherwise she would've just sat there half asleep the whole time before the food came out. She'd also noticed the woman was a metamorphagus. Wasn't she clever?

Looking around the place, Jen frowned disapprovingly at the mess of a classroom. The papers were scattered all over the Professor's desk and the room was dusty and ancient-looking. It needed a makeover. Hey, maybe she could be an interior designer now she'd decided it was impossible to rule the world! But it wasn't magical enough, no. Suddenly, the girl spotted Lily at a desk towards the back. She squealed, quickly covering her mouth because she remembered the professor was there. She ran towards the desks and almost sat down at one before changing her mind and sitting at the one on the other side of the girl.

"Lily! I haven't seen you in ages! You finally came! How are you? Oh, by the way, that desk has a mysterious brown mark on it, stupid!"
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 2, Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

Aurelia absentmindedly twirled her quill thrice in hand. One, two, three, pause. One, two, three, pause. While she was starting to get bored with waiting, the anticipation in the atmosphere only made her more eager for the actual theoretical and practical portion of her next lesson--Transfiguration. Emerald eyes flickered upwards to scan her surroundings, expecting to meet the gazes of dozens of other eager Slytherin students, all of whom were poring over their textbooks or conversing with their friends. But there was no one there. With a start, the young girl immediately sat up straight, her eyes wide with shock and surprise as the realization sank in--she had fallen asleep. Please don't tell me I'm late.

A small yelp escaped from her scarlet lips, as she immediately gathered her books, quills and parchment in hand, and rushed off towards the classroom. Sprinting down the hallway, she grimaced as she jostled throngs of students out of the way, in an attempt to arrive at her destination faster. As she neared the classroom, she immediately began to take a few deep breaths, hoping not to appear overly anxious.

As she approached the doorway, she was surprised to find it had been left open by a crack. Inhaling deeply, Aurelia raised her hand to the door, knocked once, pushed it open, and stepped into the room.
"Good morning Professor Gelato," she stated smoothly, azure eyes meeting the gaze of her Professor, as she smiled at her timidly. A preliminary glance around the room revealed that there were two other students, neither of whom she knew. Ambling over to them, she offered both of them a smile and sat at the table next to them. "Hey there, I'm Aurelia," she greeted, tilting her head to the side, as she silently appraised them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Daisee walked into Transfiguration, excited to see what she's be learning. As she saw who was in the class with her however, she groaned. It was Miss Priss, that Jennifer Moss. And from the looks of it, she had a new minion. Daisee rolled her eyes and snorted audibly. Poor girl didn't have a clue, did she?

She nodded in a friendly way to the other Slytherin, Aurelia Rosier. She didn't have anything against her, just Jennifer and all the mindless minions that she had. She shook her head as she sat at her desk, waiting for the rather nervous-looking professor to start the class.

Last edited by Daisee Dursley on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:25 am

Emmalynne had honestly rushed through lunch, knowing that there was her first transfiguration lesson coming up right afterward. It wasn’t that she was nervous, or worried about being late. It was more that she was excited, since unlike Care of Magical Creatures, this would actually be her first lesson in the subject. Her first lesson and she was looking forward to getting to use her wand. There wasn’t as much of that in Care of Magical Creatures, at least not yet. Besides, she wanted to find out what the new professor was like, just out of curiosity. As such, she’d arrived before the door had even been opened, so she’d taken a detour to the bathroom just to occupy the time. She could try to control her excitement that way, too, and by the time she had gotten back to the classroom, the door had been open and there were actually students inside. Jennifer Moss, Aurelia, who she’d seen at Shah’s Christmas party the term before, another Slytherin, and Daisee.

She waved at the Gryffindor girl with a bright smile as she made her way to an open seat, then turned her attention toward the professor at the front of the room. She didn’t look excited. She actually looked kind of worried, which piqued her curiosity. She didn’t show that, though, but she did give the woman another bright smile. “Good afternoon Professor Gelato,” she said, taking a seat near both the front of the classroom and near her CoMC partner for now. It made more sense than sitting way on the other side of the room from everyone, and she definitely wanted the professor to know that there wasn’t anything to worry about. They were all new at this, or at least she figured that was the case. She knew teaching was probably new for the woman, just from listening to people talking around the castle, but that wasn’t a bad thing. They could all learn together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Amethyst smiled when the cute little firstie came in. "Gelato, my dear," she said with a smile at the girl, watching as she went to sit down. Then another kid came in. Not so cute, but she had to be nice, so the woman murmured a greeting to the girl. She frowned when Miss Moss starting squealing in a childish manner. "Please remember this is a classroom, Jennifer and Lily." And yet another Slytherin entered. The castle was full of them. When would a nice Hufflepuff come in? "Good morning dear," she said, glancing down at her class list when she introduced herself. Miss Rosier. A Gryffindor, now. Finally! Humph. No greeting. Then she wouldn't reply. Then a Hufflepuff girl. Finally, a Hufflepuff girl. She beamed. "Morning, Emmalynne!" Now, probably time to start.

Seeing that they were all seated and ready to start, Ame looked round at the class. This was going to be nice. Her. A bunch of puffy-cheeked firsties. "Good afternoon, all of you!" she began. "For those of you who don't know, I'm Professor Gelato, your new Transfiguration teacher." Now, what was she going to ask again? She flushed red and her hair with it, until she changed it back hastily. Maybe they hadn't noticed. Fat chance. She took a deep breath before deciding to ignore it and carry on. "First of all, who can tell me what Transfiguration is? It seems simple, dears, but try thinking about it!" She waited for someone to put their hand up.
Back to top Go down
Aurelia Rosier
Adult
Aurelia Rosier

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 2, Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop Worker

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Aurelia flashed a friendly smile at the Gryffindor girl who had nodded her way--Daisee she thought her name was, though she certainly couldn't be sure. Then, a Hufflepuff girl entered the room; she was certain she'd seen the girl before somewhere, though she couldn't recall the circumstances. Aurelia was feeling slightly anxious about the class, since she had heard from other students that it was considered one of the most difficult subjects at Hogwarts, though the Professor's nervous demeanor did make her feel slightly more at ease. As she listened attentively to Professor Gelato's greeting, the young girl pulled out her quill, parchment and ink, absentmindedly scrawling her name and the date on the top left corner of her empty notes.

As Professor Gelato concluded her statement and asked the class what they thought Transfiguration was, Aurelia pondered for a few seconds before timidly raising her hand, deciding to give it a shot.
"Professor, I believe that Transfiguration is the branch of magic that involves altering an object or creature's properties, along with their atomic structure, into that of another object or animal." While she wasn't sure whether her definition of the word was complete, Aurelia decided that, at the very least, it had been worded to the best of her ability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 am

Returning Aurelia's friendly wave, Daisee smirked as Professor Gelato told off Jennifer and her new minion. Then she turned sheepish as she realized she hadn't said hello to the new professor. She hadn't meant to make her feel bad.

So when Professor Gelato said good morning to them, she replied with a audible, "Good morning, Professor!", flashing a smile at her. As the professor asked the first question of the class, Daisee was stumped. Her eyes widened as she saw Gelato's hair change to red. She raised her hand.

"How did you do that to your hair, Professor?" She asked. "That's so cool!" She hoped she didn't offend the new professor, but she was really impressed. She had never seen anything like it before, being a Muggleborn.

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:05 am

Jennifer simply rolled her eyes at the Professor's telling of, smirking at Lily because she knew the shy girl would admire her 'bravery and courage'. Hummph. It was nice having a cute litte minion who'd do anything she said and admire anything she did.

She smirked when Dursley received no greeting from Professor Gelato. So it wasn't just her who didn't like the snob. Gelato was really starting to grow on her. Oooh, Aurelia's answer was fancy, but she could do so much better. She raised her hand before answering the woman's question. "Transfiguration is when you turn things into other things, duhhh." She crossed her arms. Nobody could beat that answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Leah tumbled into the transfiguration classroom excited for another class. She pracitally skipped lunch in a hurry to get to class. But she finally made it, and there she was, makeing her way to an empty desk. She hadn't met anyone yet that she was going to make friends with, but she probably will. I think... She thought to herself. I should go and talk to those girls, maybe we can be friends. but instead of doing that Leah shrunk in her seat and just waited for the class to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm

"Excellent answer, Miss Rosier!" Amethyst said, beaming at the girl's advanced understanding. There was a to-be star student, right there. Very well worded, too. "Five points to Slytherin!" She couldn't say anything else for a moment. Too impressed. A first-year, as well.

Upon hearing Jennifer's answer, she frowned a little. Looked like they weren't all child geniuses. "Are you fooling about, dear?" she asked suspiciously. It was hard to tell; she may just be thick. "If not, I'm afraid it seems a little too basic."

Clearly the Dursley girl didn't have an answer for her. But she had noticed her hair. Ame decided it was best to explain now. It would prevent further confusion later on. "I'm a Metamaphorgus, Miss Dursley, meaning I can change my appearance at will. Please try to keep your emotions to yourself a little though, dear." Nosy parker.

"As Aurelia has said everything necessary, we will move on now," Amethyst said, moving towards the hutch by her desk. "Today, you will turn these rabbits into slippers. And don't worry, you can change them back afterwards." Because that was what she would've been worried about. "The incantation is Crepidatus a Cuniculorum," she said, and he words appeared on the board. "The counter spell is Animalis Ginalas. Mouthfuls, huh?"

Moving rapidly around the the classroom, Amethyst handed out a rabbit to every student. "Just have a practice. Don't worry if you don't get it first time, as I do not expect you to. Practice makes perfect, dears."

ooc- roleplay your character trying the spell - I will be very suprised if anyone is immediately perfect. Try mixing up the incantation or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 am

Leah stared at the rabbit in front of her, it was so cute. She would hate to hurt it, but there was a counter spell. She patted it once on the head and tried out the spell.
"Cre-crepidatus a Cuniculorum" stuttering a bit at the beginning of the spell. Nothing happened, she tried again, this time stumbling a bit at the a. Leah sat back in her chair and sighed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Taison looked at the rabbit on his desk. It was so fluffy and adorable. He looked up to the board then down at the rabbit. "Crepidalitus a Cuniculoruma." The rabbit began changing. First it turned pink, then it became two rabbits. Once it had separated, it began growing into slippers, but barking slippers. Taison narrowed his eyes and looked at Professor Gelato. "Is this good enough?" he laughed as the slippers let out a yelp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Riley twirled a pencil through his fingers somewhat absentmindedly, as he listened to the Professor's brief lesson. He had been stunned into silence by the well-worded answer provided by the Slytherin girl, though he was now regathering some of his wits. A small smirk played upon his lips as the words of the incantation appeared on the board; while he had never tried the spell before, he had read about it and knew the effects of the incantation. As Professor Gelato handed out a rabbit to each person, Riley stared blankly at his, prodding the creature gently with the tip of his wand. The rabbit glanced up at him, as though glaring at him, and the boy couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

"Alright fine," he muttered to himself, as he waved the wand in front of the creature. "Crepidatus a Cuniculorum," stated the boy, flicking and swishing his wand as he said the spell, rolling out the 'r' in the incantation. To his dismay, the rabbit had transformed into slippers, but it had kept the droopy ears of the creature. Stifling a laugh, he turned towards the Professor, gesturing towards the ears on the slippers, "Excuse me, ma'am. How do I get rid of the ears?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 am

Daisee smothered a grin as Professor Gelato looked at Moss like she was an idiot. The Slytherin brat was so snooty, she thought she knew it all. Obviously, that wasn't the case. However, her grin quickly faded when the professor looked at her with annoyance as she explained what she was- a Metamorphmagus. Seems like Professor Gelato didn't like either of them.

"Oh. Sorry, Professor." Daisee said in a small voice, somewhat ashamed. After a moment though, her shame turned to resolve. After all, annoying trumped stupidity any day- because annoying was easy to fix, and stupidity was easy to combat.

With a determined expression, Daisee pointed her wand at her rabbit on her desk, and firmly spoke the incantation. "Crepidatus a Cuniculorum!" The rabbit started to change into fuzzy slippers, and Daisee started to grin in success- until the transformation stopped, leaving the slippers with the bunny's face where the toes would be. She wondered what had gone wrong. She knew she had pronounced the incantation right, so she figured her power or concentration was off.

Frowning, she refused to ask for help, at least for now. She knew she could do this on her own, she just needed another try first. She looked around and watched the others, hoping she could glean some insight from her peer's progress as well as her own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Auden Mayer was out of breathe went she got to class. She registered late and came to class late. Auden noticed that people were turning rabbits into slippers. Auden already knew this spell because when she was nine her older cousin turned her rabbit Sparkles into slippers. Auden took out her wand and said,"Crepidatus a Cuniculorum!" The rabbit in front of her turned into fuzzy slippers. Auden felt proud but also felt bad for the rabbit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 am

Poor bunny, Emmalynne had thought, looking at the fuzzy bunny on her desk sadly. She couldn’t imagine it wanted to be slippers, and she didn’t particularly want to have actual bunny slippers. Not if she knew they had formerly been a cute little fuzzy bunny like this one, and she reached over to pet the creature before she applied herself to taking notes. She scribbled down Aurelia’s definition of transfiguration first, and then the two incantations. It didn’t really matter to her if the spell could be reversed. She’d still have the knowledge she’d forced a poor little bunny to turn into slippers, and that made her stall actually trying the spell out. In fact, it even made her decide motto look at the incantation as it had been written out.

As such, after a whispered apology to the bunny, she’d shifted back in her seat to point her wand. She’d have to try it sometime, or there was the possibility she’d lose points. “Crepidatus a buniculorum,” she said, watching her bunny and not even paying attention to what she’d said. The only thing she noticed was the fact the only thing that happened was that her bunny had turned its head to look at her curiously. Apparently that didn’t work, and honestly, she was a little relieved. At least, she was until it looked like the bunny thought her wand was a carrot, as it started hopping towards it like any second it would be chomped to bits. “Eep”, she squeaked softly, pulling the wand back just in time. She didn’t want to cast the spell, but she’d rather not have that happen because the bunny ate her wand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY   Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY Empty

Back to top Go down

Transfiguration Lesson I - First-years ONLY
Page 1 of 1