Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) Empty
PostSubject: [Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist)   [Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 am

Your Name: Emmalynne St. Pierre

Your Character Age: 11 (12 as of Christmas this coming term)

Jobs you are applying for: Hogwarts Hippogriff o’News journalist

Any experience in this field: None exactly, but my papa is a Muggle investigative journalist so I know a bit about it. (ooc: I was head editor of and had a monthly column in another RP site’s site magazine shortly before it was discontinued due to lack of writers’ being available OOC)

Why you have chosen this job: Because my goal in life is to follow in my papa’s footsteps and be an amazing journalist and I believe working for this is a good step toward that.

How active you are on the forum? ooc: I check in at least once a day and can spend as long as necessary on site.

Why do you think you deserve this job? I will respect the position to the best of my ability and will not let you down.

A High Quality RPG Example (any situation-minimum 300 words):
An investigative journalist. That was all Emmalynne had ever wanted to be, even though her mother sometimes had tried to convince her to go after other goals. Her papa was one, even though he worked in the Muggle world, and she knew there had to be some amazing investigative journalists that were magical, too. She wasn’t talking about the gossip journalists, either, like she considered the long-ago Rita Skeeter to be. Maybe I can get a job for the Prophet after I graduate, she thought, on her way to a meeting with Aurora to discuss her working for the school paper. That was going to be her path toward working her way toward that job, and this was her first step. Part of her had wanted to wear a trench coat, just to seem like even more of a serious investigative journalist, or even just a suit, but her school uniform was going to have to do for now. Her school uniform, with a clean notebook and several quills and Muggle pencils stowed away in her school bag and the ever-present purple pygmy puff perched on her shoulder. She hadn’t been about to leave Doc behind on an important meeting like this.

Maybe he could even somehow work in her favor, if she could figure out a way to rig something so she could record anything the puff saw. That way she didn’t have to be everywhere and she’d still know things. Pygmy puffs could hide in tiny corners and stuff after all, but first she needed to make sure she’d gotten the job. Figuring out spy cameras or recorders could happen afterward, and maybe she could ask her papa about those. He should know what she could use, although she knew they’d have to charm the equipment so it could work at Hogwarts. Since she remembered reading that Muggle things rarely worked in school grounds, although she’d never tested that rumor. She’d never had reason to before now, and she was fully intending on starting to work as soon as possible. As soon as she’d made it through this meeting, and she smiled at Aurora as she saw the girl waiting. “Hi. Did you get my application to work for the paper?,” she asked, almost without taking a breath. That was what happened when she was excited, if not just most of the time, and she was definitely excited.

Thank you for Applying - Accepted
You were registered as a journalist at HHoN. Don't forget to read the Students Rule Book to find out more about how to get your monthly salary. Thank you and enjoy your job.
Back to top Go down

[Application] - Emmalynne St. Pierre (student application, HHoN journalist)
Page 1 of 1