Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity:

Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:28 pm

It was finally Sinead's 13th birthday. Finally. Sinead had done enough waiting, twelve years of it! She was finally an official teenager. It also turned out that Humphrey had remember the Room of Requirement, which was been - mysteriously - shown to both of them by the older students. It was in the always-oleasing room that Sinead's celebration would take place. The best thing was that the house elves had agreed to make a cake, which Sinead had definitely gotten her hands on by helping them out. As they helped her place the cake, Sinead glanced at Humphrey out of the corner of her eye. There was something she had been wanting to tell him, not because it was important but because she and Humphrey had no secrets. That she knew of.

Rather, Sinead didn't keep secrets from Humphrey. He was sitting on the edge of the ball pool, his feet dangling off as if he were on a real pool. "Thanks for helping out." Sinead said as she sat down next to him. "Anyway, you know I don't keep secrets from you, right? And it's my birthday and on special days you're supposed to be extra honest. So I just wanted to tell you that over the summer, because I talked to you a bit more than usual, I actually - at some point - considered you to be, well...you know, cute. In a boy way." Sinead don't go further, because there was no further. It was just that. Of course, Sinead didn't realize her speech only got faster and faster.

Laughing, Sinead continued. "But then I looked at you under better lighting." Of course, she was only teasing him and Humphrey knew that. It wasn't awkward for Sinead to think of him that way, because after talking to her mum about it she realized that it was normal. Hormones and stuff were everywhere, her mum had told her, and it was normal for her to think of Humphrey like that at some point since they were almost always together. "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you because I tell you literally everything. I'm over it now." She flashed Humphrey a smile, because obviously she was over it. Humphrey was...well, Humphrey. And Humphrey wasn't a boy. He was her best friend.

She hoped Humphrey wouldn't find the whole thing uncomfortable, because truth was - Sinead hadn't thought about how he would take it. Instead of worrying about it, however, Sinead did the best thing she could do. She avoided the problem. She pushed Humphrey into the pool of foam balls. It was on impulse, really, and part of her felt really bad after a second but she suddenly caught herself laughing. "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself. You were just there, so vulnerable. I had to, Humphrey." Maybe later on she would give him a proper apology. All she had to do now was wait for Danny and Sera. If Sera showed up, it would be the best sleepover ever. Sinead would spent an entire night with her best friends eating junk food and watching movies and playing board games if they wanted. It was exactly the kind of thing Sinead wanted to do before heading home for the winter holidays.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character
Activity: Ravenclaw - Year 2

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:19 am

When the party for Sinead's thirteen birthday rolled around Humphrey was really beginning to get into the spirit of it. They had managed to secure the Room of Requirement, which was pretty amazing by itself; but, the house elves had also made a lovely cake for the celebration. This birthday party would most definitely be one to remember. He was currently trying to think if he could have gotten a better gift while he sat on the edge of the ball pool, but realized he really had tried his best. Turning his head, he looked over at his best friend by the cake, and noticed her glancing at him as well. As she started to walk in his direction he smiled a little, glad it was quiet for now. For the moment they could chat without straining to be heard over others.

Hearing the simple thank you was nice, and Humphrey met her eyes before he responded. "You're welcome, Sinead. It can be kind of fun, in a way." Kicking his feet back and forth lightly, he waited to see if she had more to add. In this case it turned out that she did. "So you've told me." he agreed. A little voice was wondering why she was mentioning secrets, until she started the explanation. Honestly, what hit him the most was the sheer shock of it, and it took him a moment to formulate a response. "Cute. In a...boy way? At some point?" he asked, only able to repeat what he'd heard at first, but in a question. Humphrey tried to absorb that information. "So to be clear, not anymore?" he questioned, wanting to make sure that he understood. The memory of her talking to him about Danny tried to resurface, but he pushed it down for now.

Sinead continued on, and Humphrey tried to figure out why if she was laughing out of nerves or was actually amused. Somehow this seemed like a joke, but he wondered if the beginning was true. "Well, I'm glad you saw me clearly." he replied, trying to sound teasing since he still was a little unsure of what just happened. If this was what the hormones of adolescence caused Humphrey had to admit it was kind of scary, even if only to himself. "Thank you for telling me, I really do appreciate the honesty." he told her, with more conviction behind it. That much he was absolutely certain of. Trying to think logically, he considered what she'd said. Even if a truth was hard to comprehend sometimes, it was always better in the long run. Reading stories had made that abundantly clear to him, and it was a life lesson as well. Why was it causing a little uneasiness, though? The unwanted thought was causing a small whirlwind of confusion inside him.

After an awkward silence, Humphrey took a few deep breaths. Simple actions were supposed to help you find a calm, and it helped a tiny bit. Before he opened them he felt a push and landed in the pool of balls below. By the time he realized what had happened and pushed himself to the surface, a few balls flying in the process, Sinead's laughter was ringing out. She tried to apologize but his mind latched onto the words 'so vulnerable', and 'I had to, Humphrey'. Confused by why his mind singled that out, he filed that observation away for later. Instead he chose to climb out and resume his seat, a little on edge. "Th-that's okay. You caught me off guard, is all." Humphrey replied. Another small pause was there before he continued. Maybe my brain needs to digest the information. This was another thought he made a note of for later review. "Like you said, it was a passing thing. Nothing more than that." he said, almost as if trying to convince himself. Humphrey gave her the best smile he could muster, but which he knew deep down wasn't his best. "Do you know what time the others are coming?" he asked, only a little too quietly.

Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:34 am

Sinead wasn't nervous about telling him, she was actually nervous because she hadn't thought about his reaction. He could easily flip and not speak to her, or he could be really amazing about it. Either way, Sinead had been honest. Whether or not Humphrey took that honesty and made it weird was all on him. However, upon noticing Humphrey's shock, Sinead almost took it back and passed it off as a terrible joke. She hadn't expected him to react that way. Or, rather, have a lack of reaction. It was almost as if she had offended him, which was ridiculous. If the tables were turned and it had been Humphrey in her place, Sinead would have still pushed him into the ball pool and laughed because it was a funny experience regardless of anything else. She wouldn't have been a git about it.

He was just repeating what she was saying, which was really annoying. She let it go of course, because she felt bad for him now. At his last question, she rolled her eyes so hard they might have fallen off. "Humphrey, are you seriously asking me that?" Okay, now she was offended. "Look, to make it easier on your boy brain, if I ever stop talking to you - and I mean, really stop talking to you, it's because you've either pissed me off really bad or I've fallen in love with you." she explained, but then after thinking about her words she added, "And trust me, neither of those things are going to happen. I promise you." Out of impulse, she took Humphrey's hand and wrapped her pinky around his. A pinkie promise.

"Besides, weren't you the one I told I liked Danny? I mean, really liked Danny." She pointed out, letting go of his finger.  Humphrey didn't even laugh normally at her joke, which actually hurt Sinead because it meant he was taking this whole thing too seriously. "Also, I just said I had thought you were cute. As in, not ugly. Which is actually a compliment when you think about it, considering I don't do anything to help anyone's self esteem. I never said I like liked you." Seriously, stupid Humphrey. Taking things too seriously. Pff. "Honestly, if I thought you were going to be weirded out by it I wouldn't have told you. Sorry about that, I guess. I just wanted to be entirely open and loyal." She was still disappointed he hadn't taken it as lightly as she had, but at the end of the day Sinead wasn't going to lose sleep over it. It seemed, however, that Humphrey might. But that was his problem.

Obviously pushing Humphrey had been a terrible idea. Rolling her eyes again, Sinead let him scoot away from her if he wanted to. But then he started talking about it again and Sinead was no longer comfortable with it. "I never said it was a passing thing because it wasn't a thing at all. Just drop it, Humphrey." And so Humphrey dropped it. The whole thing was ridiculous. She should have just kept her mouth shut. So much for trying to be a good friend. Picking her legs up to her chest, something that her mum had told her she did when she was feeling vulnerable, Sinead thought that day she had told Humphrey about Danny and he had told her about Dakota. Sinead had forgiven that major betrayal, the Dakota one, so Humphrey surely must be able to forgive this one.

"I don't know. Hopefully soon." She didn't even return Humphrey's smile, because it was obviously fake. Glancing at him, she continued, "If they're not here within thirty minutes I'm going back to the Common Room. You can leave then if you want to. It would be kind of boring if it were just us two." Sinead shrugged, because it wasn't even a big deal now. Humphrey was being a moody butt. At least, if Danny and Sera didn't show up, she could eat the cake and forget the embarrassment of what had just happened.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:46 am

Being around Sinead had been awkward lately, ever since the kiss at the ball that Sera really didn't even want to go to. Sinead had been excited to go to the ball and because of that Sera had obviously showed excitement, not wanting to hurt her friend but in all truth and honesty Sera didn't want to go. Since the kiss, the girls had been avoiding each other or rather Serafina had been avoiding Sinead even the day she had watched the Slytherin versus Ravenclaw Quidditch game. She stuck by Matthew and the drunk red headed girl, not caring about what Sinead was doing or even feeling because she was with the blonde curly haired guy that was clearly more important than her - or at least that was how Serafina felt about the situation. Danny and the blonde boy seemed to take higher priority in Sinead's life and she understood because she had known them longer but it also hurt because wasn't Serafina important as well?

Sera liked Sinead but not in a relationship like sort of way. Sera didn't wish to date Sinead, she didn't want her love or her kisses or any of that. Sera liked Sinead in a platonic relationship sort of way. She enjoyed being with Sinead in a girlfriend type of way. She enjoyed being able to shop with her and talk to her. She enjoyed being able to discuss boys with her and books and classes. She enjoyed being able to hug her and make her feel better or even make herself feel better. After the flashback with Matthew, Sera had found Sinead and given her a hug. She couldn't tell her what was wrong but despite that the girls hug still made her feel better. It patched her up and she was thankful. However lately with avoiding Sinead, Sera had found herself more broken than ever before. She constantly had nightmares and flashbacks and she didn't have a bestfriend that could make her feel the same way Sinead did. Sure Matthew was great but he was always with that Arachnid girl and he just didn't have the friendship with her that she had with Sinead.

Serafina sighed and ran her hands through her hair. She currently sat cross legged in her giraffe onesie on her bed in the Gryfffindor girls dormitory. Luckily this year she had a room to herself as there were no other fourth year girls in her House. It gave her all the space she wanted in the lavatory as well as she could cry without fear of anyone being nosey. However, it often got lonely and so her hands once again found the simple looking invitation. She had placed it on her night stand and pondered it over and over again. It was an invitation to Sinead's thirteenth birthday and while she was glad the girl was finally a teenager, she was a bit worried as she had really not spoken to the girl since that day. It was weird the way she was feeling and she wasn't really understanding it but she was dealing with it. The girl let out another sigh, wondering how many people the Ravenclaw had invited and secretly hoping curly fry and Danny weren't there. She was jealous. Serafina Årud was jealous. She was worried that the two boys would take her best friend away that she would forever be lonely like she was when she was in the Gryffindor dorms.

Serafina's mind grew fuzzy as she tossed the invitation down on the bed. Her fuzzy feet carried her out of the dorms and down the stairs until she found herself in the corridor where the Room of Requirement was supposed to be. She'd never actually visited it, however she'd read about it in her History of Magic class and closing her eyes she paced three times in front of it while thinking of the party. When the door appeared, Serafina took a deep breath and entered. She paused at the sight of curly fry, however at the sight of Sinead, she smiled a bit and handed her the blue bag that she'd grabbed at some point. "Happy Birthday Sinead!" Inside the blue bag was a simple one-shoulder blue dress that Sera had ordered recently and had yet to wear. It had been the wrong shade of blue and luckily it was Sinead's size and Sera thought it was her style as well. The sight of her best friend made her forget about the fact that she'd had her glasses on instead of having her contacts. In fact, Serafina was even able to forget about the fact that her hair was in a messy bun and her face had been washed clean of any and all makeup. With the way she'd already forgotten the past, she could tell this would be a fun night.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:45 pm

They had been friends for so long that thinking about her in a different way, like she had said she viewed him for a short while seemed strange. Humphrey knew that she meant it when she said the feeling had passed, but that didn't change the fact something was now a little out of place. Logic dictated that he should accept the facts, then draw a conclusion. Tamping down the emotion was too much for the logic to take on at the moment, though. His brain could try to write it down to hormones if it wanted, but it the thought simply wouldn't hold. This was her birthday, which made him want to be kinder. However, there was something about the laughing that had hurt him. When it came down to it, he didn't understand why cute in a boy way and really liking were so separate. Why he felt that way was causing a lot of the uneasiness.

Humphrey bit back the retort of 'Yes, I am.', and instead waited for the roll of the eyes to end. His eyes focused on hers, wondering what was coming next. Hearing her explain it further did not help the confusion in his head right now. Without asking or waiting she wrapped her pinky around his when she made the promise. On impulse his wrapped around hers as well, and then he realized what had happened. How she could be so absolutely certain was beyond him. Whether that meant she was more mature he didn't know, but he was out of his depth right now. After he pulled his pinky away, he finally thought of a few words. "That was a stupid question, I'll admit. But how you can be so certain I don't understand. Maybe I'm not as mature, or too thick to comprehend it. It's not that I don't want to see where you're coming from, Sinead. Right now, though, I don't." he tried to explain, the words feeling like they burned as he said them. Admitting to not understanding something was hard for him. It was good to be open, and he truly was trying.  

Yes, Sinead did tell him about really liking Danny, and he had listened. Humphrey remembered it quite clearly, the reminder did not help. "I remember you telling me." he told her. Something that big was not going to simply disappear. "Does it really make so much of a difference? Being cute, or ugly I mean." he clarified.  He continued on, conceding a small point. "I didn't say I thought you like liked me, and this wasn't about self-esteem either. If it came across that way, I apologize for that part." he said, looking at her and letting a small amount of the wall down. Saying those words helped a little, though it didn't heal it completely. His walls went back up at the mention of being open and loyal. His cheeks colored, and as cliche as it sounded it honestly felt like he'd been sucker punched. Showing this much emotion to her, and admitting to some confusion was being open. Is she trying to rub salt in the wound? At this point he suspected she might be. "Admitting I don't know, and that I was confused was me trying to be open. I wanted to understand Sinead, I still do. Loyalty is why I am trying to talk this out." he told her. The rest didn't make sense yet, but those words felt right to him.

Finally, a small thought popped up. Although, it didn't cover everything it was a start. "I simply don't see what was funny about it, Sinead. Not knowing why, in addition to hearing the laughter. When that happened, and in front of you it felt humiliating. Because I know that you don't tolerate that." he stated. Humphrey thought that was as simple as he could make it. "I do believe that. As for dropping it, I will work on it." he replied. He could hear that she really did mean it, and he did too. At that point his gaze finally moved away and he looked down at the ball pit he'd only recently left. His eyes watered a little, but he couldn't muster the energy to hide it now. Trying to understand what was going on had left his usual tolerance drained. The box containing her gift that he had finally managed to successfully shrink felt like it was burning a hole in his pocket. It was something he'd thought a lot about before getting her. Should I give this to her now? Humphrey really couldn't tell.

Seeing her so serious impressed upon Humphrey how important this day was. He felt like he may have messed it up, but he was trying. "Okay." he replied. The circular box contained a charm bracelet carefully wrapped so it wouldn't get scratched that he had gotten for her. It was wrapped in a light, almost pastel blue paper with her name written in cursive along with Happy 13th Birthday! Withdrawing the object, he tapped it with his wand to enlarge it and passed it to her. Inside were seven simple iron discs with a catch that allowed him to open. He'd chosen iron so they would last longer, and the bracelet matched. When he had gone shopping he had seen one of them, and asked if the man could make seven. They were one for every at Hogwarts, the three they had started and the four to come. As of yet, he only had three pictures of Sinead. Humphrey had tried to take them when she was relaxed, at the beginning of the year's term. "To be clear, this isn't me thinking it will make it all okay. It's your birthday, though, and here's your present, if you still want it. Happy Birthday, Sinead. I-I'd prefer to stay, but if that's not okay right now I'll go." he told her, the words were hard to get past the hitch in his throat.

Eventually he heard a voice coming from the entrance and he looked over, not sure who it was. Thinking about the possibilities, he came to the conclusion it could be the Sera girl. Humphrey really wasn't sure, though.

Three Pictures:
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Humphrey wasn't just looking at her. His green eyes were practically digging at her own, which only made Sinead look away from him. She didn't feel comfortable, she felt inspected, studied and part of her wanted to slap Humphrey out of it but she assumed that would only make things worse. "Very stupid." She nodded, sort of interrupting him. Though Sinead didn't see that as interrupting him, she saw it as agreeing. "How can I be certain of what?" Sinead asked, a bit unsure of what Humphrey was talking about at the moment. After a few beats, she caught on. "Well, your face said it all. As did your repetition." Shrugging, Sinead saw no reason to explain it further. Humphrey wasn't being logical. "I think you're mature enough, and you're definitely not thick. I just...don't know. I didn't expect you to be so shocked." Okay, she did have to explain because now she felt terrible. She obviously had thought it would be funny for both of them and that they could easily go back to being weird. "Okay, I won't say anything anymore." Sinead whispered, because it was the best choice. If Humphrey didn't want to talk about it, she wouldn't. Easy as pie.

When Humphrey said he did remember, Sinead made the biggest duh face ever. The same one that Aoife had done, the same one the red-haired Gryfifndor had taught her how to make. Sighing, Sinead wasn't even sure how to make Humphrey feel less weird. "No, it doesn't. I just thought I'd never given you a compliment about your appearance until now. Just take the compliment and let's move on." Somehow, though, Sinead suspected he wasn't going to move on. Or at least not as quickly as she had. The thing about Sinead was that - as much as she hated to admit it - she was selfish. She was always worried about how something felt to her, how it affected her, how it changed her, that she rarely thought about Humphrey's reaction or feelings about the same things. "Yeah, but I wasn't being open and loyal to you, Humphrey. I was trying to make things right. Just...forget it." She did, however, had moments in which it was actually Humphrey who mattered a little bit more than her own selfish reasons, and telling him had been one of those moments but now it was turning out not to be. "You looked shocked, so I thought it would be funny to snap you out of it. Obviously," Sinead dragged out the word rather dramatically before continuing, "It was a mistake. And I'm sorryyyy." Well, yeah Sinead didn't tolerate that kind of stuff but she had been more worried about other things at the moment and avoiding the problem was the best thing she could do, so the push had actually been within reason. At least within Sinead's reasoning.

Sinead didn't want Humphrey to leave and she almost took it back, but when he had replied so casually, Sinead just shrugged. Better to let him know she wasn't having any of his teenage stuff. As she decided that, she thought back on how Humphrey had helped her with her own teenage stuff. She frowned a little at the thought, because that didn't make her feel any better. Suddenly, Humphrey passed her a circular box wrapped in pastel blue paper. Her name was written in Humphrey's fancy cursive, and as Sinead took it, her thumb grazed over the letters. If she still wanted it? Humphrey was thick. Sinead would pretty much take the worst book in history only if he was giving it to her. That's what best friends did. She gave him a smile, because she couldn't come up with the words to say thank you. "No!" Sinead almost jumped up. "I mean, no. We're best friends still, aren't we?" Sinead hadn't even thought about that possibility, but now that she had said it without thinking, it wouldn't go away. "I mean, if they don't show up we could just eat the cake by ourselves." She attempted to give him a silly smile, the genuine kind of smile. Sinead thought she did a pretty good job, but she wouldn't stop smiling until Humphrey eventually attempted the same.

Sinead didn't have a chance to make sure he had, though, because the door opened and Sera was screaming a happy birthday to Sinead. She was one hundred percent sure it was Sera, because although Sinead had not seen her as often, it was hard to forget a friend's voice. Especially when it was Sera. "Hey!" Sinead jumped up, still holding Humphrey's gift. She took the bag, slipping Humphrey's box inside of it before pulling Serafina into a hug. "I like your pj's." Sinead voiced, glancing back at Humphrey. "We're just waiting on Danny now, but if he's not here in ten minutes we can just eat the cake." She wasn't sure why she turned to Humphrey, as if she was explaining him exactly what she wanted so that he wouldn't leave. "Oh, what do you want to do guys?" Sinead asked them both, holding Sera's hand and the gift bag on the other.

Sinead's PJs:
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:32 am

Having Sinead not meet his eyes caused him to wonder what she saw there. Humphrey hadn't intended them to look suspicious or accusing, but what if they had in spite of that. Her remark actually hit home a little, which made him not mind quite so much that she'd cut him off. "So certain that it will always be the same between us." he answered. The explanation of his repetition and his face made sense, it had shocked him. He gave a small nod, following along so far. "You still think that?" he asked, and considered the rest of what she said. "I thought I was more observant, but I missed it." he said, a little sad that he had. Was being surprised really so wrong? Sinead's blunt response was well-reasoned. Looking at her with a small portion of calm, a part began wonder if she was right. "Okay. For how long? Wait, you don't mean not ever again, do you?" he asked, quietly as well. If she meant not ever again, Humphrey wasn't sure how he would manage without her. What if that's what she did mean, though?

The obvious face was distracting, but he knew it was deserved. Humphrey listened when she followed it with a remark, thinking about it. "Alright, move on. That is good advice." he agreed. It was a challenge to keep his concentration on moving forward. From time to time, his thoughts would start to slip back into thinking about the past. In an effort to squash that he tried to relax a little of the tenseness in his shoulders and back, but they refused to budge. Make things right or forget. Both had their own challenges. "To do that I think I need some time. Maybe once I calm down things will make more sense. They are too confusing right now." he told her. His response had come without him overthinking it. He really hoped that would be enough to heal the hurt and weird feelings. Her saying 'Snap you out of it' helped him focus on what she was saying, and he was a little surprised. "Thank you." Humphrey told her. Because his thoughts had been wandering he hadn't really registered the part about it being funny and wanting to snap him out of it. He felt he had messed up too, but couldn't find the words for an apology that made sense at the moment. Giving more when he didn't know why felt like it would be dishonest.

Humphrey watched when Sinead shrugged, and his mouth opened in a small 'o' before he closed it. In spite of how confusing and weird this day had gone, he didn't want to go. Birthday wishes were important, yes, but if his best friend didn't want him there it would hurt. Already it seemed being a teenager was confusing in a lot of ways. When the quiet lengthened as she looked at the present's wrapping he winced slightly, and he was about to move when he heard the loud reply. Looking at her, he saw a smile on her face that slowly drew one out of him as well. "I'll stay. And yes, we're still best friends." he told her. The idea of them not being best friends was silly. They would work it out, like they always managed. He never paused to wonder why she had asked. "We could, and have some fun games too. This is the Room of Requirement, after all." Humphrey said with a grin. Upon seeing a silly smile looking back at him, he felt it pull the corners of his lips up until they matched. Her idea sounded like a lot of fun.

Humphrey felt a little hesitant at first, and he waited a few moments before getting up. He slowly followed Sinead to where the other girl was. Listening to the conversation, he realized it was indeed the Sera he'd heard about. Putting on a smile, he gave a small wave."Hello, I'm Humphrey. It's Sera, right?" he asked, wanting to be sure. When Sinead looked back in his direction he nodded a tiny bit, trying to let her know he understood. "Is there a game we could play while we wait?" Humphrey asked Sinead, trying to think of a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sinead O'Donnell
Third Year
Third Year
Sinead O'Donnell

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:30 am

Why was Sinead so certain things would always be the same between them? WAS HUMPHREY ACTUALLY THAT THICK? Frowning a bit, Sinead thought of how to word her answer so that it didn't sound as offensive. "What are you talking about?" She settled with. She couldn't answer that question. It was a weird question. Not to mention, she actually wasn't entirely sure what he meant, so hers was genuine concern. Not that Humphrey's wasn't. Was he asking her how she was certain they would always be friends? Because if so, that was just ridiculous. There was no reason at all, they would just be.

Humphrey was NOT making sense. "Think what?" Or maybe Sinead was choosing to ignore certain things. Either way, the git wasn't making any sense at all. She nodded when he said he was observant, which he was so there was no use denying it. What had he missed anyway? Sinead was beyond confuses, but she didn't want to sound like a git anymore so she refrained from asking what it was he had missed. Instead, she shrugged as if she knew exactly what she was talking about but didn't care. "About this, Humphrey. I'll still talk to you, you git." Sinead replied, slightly annoyed at his reaction. First, he was being moody and didn't even seem like he liked being her friend and then he was being dramatic about her not speaking again.

Sinead didn't see why Humphrey needed to calm down. It wasn't like she had told him something life changing. Maybe if she had told him something along the lines of "Humphrey, I'm actually a dodo bird" then maybe she would have expected that kind of reaction. But this was just ridiculous. Sinead shrugged again, making it clear that she simply did not care. He was taking this whole thing way too seriously. Sinead was so over this conversation. So over it. She nodded when he thanked her, even though her mind had already raced far enough to forget what she had said to deserve that.

Fighting the urge to punch him - playfully, of course - Sinead simply nodded. "Good." She couldn't even imagine not being friends with Humphrey, let alone not being best friends. Of course Humphrey was right, the Room of Requirement would give them whatever they needed. It probably wouldnt be much, though, since she was sure they would end up falling asleep after eating so much cake. She had never eaten a whole cake, but there was always a chance to try it.

Games? She wasn't sure. Maybe, but she hadn't thought that far. The whole thing had been improvised, more or less. "Well, we could play...." she paused, realizing she didn't know where this was going. "What could we play with three players?" she asked them both, hoping one of them had an answer.
Back to top Go down
Humphrey Williams
Third Year
Third Year
Humphrey Williams

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 am

When Humphrey asked the question, he didn't even consider that she wouldn't know what he was referring to. Having to explain it made him blush, but he held her gaze. "That someday you and I won't become more than friends, Sinead. I know we''ll always be friends in some capacity. What you said, though, I guess it simply made me wonder what it would be like if you were my girlfriend. Pretty crazy notion, but that is where my thoughts went at first." he added, that last part a little bit quieter than the rest. A nervous laugh escaped him after he'd voiced the idea. It was his natural reaction to the awkward breaks and tension, even though it wasn't really funny and it died off rather quickly. "Don't get me wrong, it's not that I expect us to date, more that I have no idea what the future holds. You saying that it would never happen so confidently, well that caught me off guard. Because even though I've read stories that have characters who fall in love, I really don't feel I understand much about it. Aside from loving someone in my family, or in like, a platonic way as friends. Does that make a little more sense?" Humphrey asked, hoping his clarification would her see his side of things.

This time it was Humphrey's turn to roll his eyes. "Think that I'm mature and intelligent, after I've acted so, well, not that way..." he said, letting the words hang there for a moment before he thought about the simple shrug in response to what he'd said after his question. Did she really not follow his train of thought, he doubted it but if she'd understood him and was blowing him off he didn't want to make it seem like he was accusing her by broaching what he'd meant. Missed you noticing me in a boy way! Those words he pushed down, though, since she'd just told him in no uncertain terms that she didn't want to talk to him about this. Yes, it was his fault that they wouldn't because he'd gone into a mental tailspin upon hearing it; but, it was still frustrating. Hearing that she'd still talk to him about things did help him brighten up a little, though, and he smiled. "Good. If I didn't have you I'd have nobody to give me advice and put me back on course when I'm acting foolish." Humphrey said, this time genuinely laughing. It was one of the things he appreciated most about being friends with her, she was never afraid to tell him the truth. A part of him still found it odd that this time hearing the truth from her had set him off like it had. Looking at in that way helped him realize that it was probably the reason why she thought it best not to bring the subject up, she had simply been telling him a truth.

Humphrey was a little annoyed when again she shrugged after he thanked her for apologizing. If she really hadn't been serious about it, that may explain why she didn't remember. However, Sinead wasn't one to say something she didn't really mean. I really need to work on figuring out how to read her expressions better. That was something he could work on, and given enough time he was confident he could do it. After all, they'd known each other for three years and if he couldn't figure out what her expressions meant he truly was a lost cause. Girls were way too complicated, in his opinion. Perhaps that was a good thing. There were some things about girls that he wasn't sure he ever wanted to understand, and if he did he would be worried about his sanity. Like how much they cared about clothes. If his clothes were comfortable and colors that he liked that was about all he thought about them. Eventually she brought him out of his contemplating by simply saying 'good', in response to him staying. Smiling a little, he gave her a nod back after he'd looked up and seen her do that.

Upon hearing the question of what game would be fun to play, Humphrey tried to think if there were any games he knew that might be good for three. A classic one popped into his head, and he smiled a little at the thought. "Well, while we wait for Danny to get here we could play Truth or Dare. That one it doesn't really make a difference how many people there are. What do you think?" he asked Sinead. She was the birthday girl, after all, and if she thought of something she would rather do or Sinead had a better idea that was fine with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)   Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina) Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Adventures (Danny, Humphrey, Serafina)
Page 1 of 1