Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The New Minister EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The New Minister EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The New Minister EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The New Minister EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The New Minister EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The New Minister EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The New Minister EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The New Minister EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The New Minister EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The New Minister EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The New Minister EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The New Minister EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The New Minister EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The New Minister EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The New Minister EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The New Minister

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Daily Prophet Journalist

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Once its doors slowly closed, the lift instantly started moving. “Which floor, sir?” the attendant asked him, a polite smile on his face. “The first, please.” Richard answered with equal kindness. As they were descending deeper into the ground, he went over the topics he wanted to treat during his meeting. Despite his experience, he was still somewhat nervous about this task, since it was the first major one he had been assigned since he started working at the Ministry several weeks earlier.

His anxiety reminded him of the first years of his career, when he was still a journalist for Wizard Weekly. After investigating numerous supposed accidents across the country, he had warned everyone about the possibility that dark wizards had not been utterly destroyed by the defeat of Voldemort so many years ago. They had plenty of time to regroup behind new leaders and were only waiting for the right moment to strike. He had done everything he could, fighting censorship and threats to show the public that the ministers who were succeeding one another at the head of the government were weak and only sought to put more galleons in their already fat pockets rather than help defend the wizarding world. And he watched helpless as dark wizards from who knows where debark and kill innocents by the thousands, culminating in the closure of Hogwarts, the legendary school of witchcraft and wizardry. However, the Wizengamot then finally came to its senses, appointing Jeremy Rufford as Minister for Magic. After a long struggle and many casualties, the ex-Auror managed to drive the enemy away, and the magical community could know peace once more. But could it really?

“Level 1 - Minister for Magic and Support Staff. ” a sweet female voice announced, interrupting his thoughts. “Here we are, sir.” the attendant unnecessarily remarked as the doors were opening with a mechanical sound. “Thank you” Richard replied, exiting the lift alongside two other Ministry workers and several pale violet-coloured paper airplanes. He followed the corridor, trying to remember the instructions he was given, since this was the first time he ventured in this part of the building. The floor was covered in thick purple carpets, and on each side of the hallway, there was a set of gleaming mahogany doors, each bearing a small plaque with the owner's name and occupation upon it. Finally reaching his destination, he knocked and waited for a response. After a few seconds, a tall dark-haired man appeared in the opening. "Good afternoon minister", Richard said confidently, "I'm here for the interview."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character
Activity: Adult, Minister for Magic

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:16 pm

James opened the door after a brief knock, expecting an interview. "Good afternoon minister", Richard said confidently, "I'm here for the interview." the man said. Jeremy gestered him inside. "Good afternoon Richard. Please sit down." the minister gestered to a seat in front of the minister's desk. Jeremy walked over to his desk, Richard behind him.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 pm

"Thank you." Richard replied, taking a seat in front of the minister's desk. The office consisted of a very spacious room, with elegant yet traditional decor and a large number of shelves along the walls, filled with an admirable collection of books on various subjects. It was well lit, mainly due to two large windows on each side, a detail that would certainly disturb those ignorant of the fact that, despite the entire ministry structure being under ground, the maintenance department could chose what kind of weather they wanted to show through these magical panes.

"First of all, I wish to thank you for receiving me here and for agreeing to this interview." Richard declared. "We are planning on publishing a special issue of the Daily Prophet about Hogwarts soon, as it has been recently reopened. And since you're the one responsible for reestablishing the legendary school, we thought it would be appropriate to include an interview with you."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 am

"We are planning on publishing a special issue of the Daily Prophet about Hogwarts soon, as it has been recently reopened. And since you're the one responsible for reestablishing the legendary school, we thought it would be appropriate to include an interview with you."

Jeremy was calm, completely expecting something like this. "Thank you for interviewing me. Let me start off by saying that deciding to re-open the school has been a pretty hard choice that was debated for many months. But, after I came along as minister, I decided that there is no reason to not re-open if under the best auror the department has had for years, Owen Gray."

((OOC: I am going to write all my sentences in bold))
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Richard took out what he needed from his bag, and placed his notepad and his quill on the desk in front of him. "So, it's been nearly a year since your appointment as Minister for Magic." he started, taking a relaxed position in his armchair. "But you were already working for the Ministry for a long time before being offered that position. Could you tell me more about that?" he questioned, closely observing the minister.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:51 pm

"I was an auror. I was very highly respected and when the Wizengamot Court offered me the post of minister, I couldn't say no. But before that, I worked with Owen Gray, you know him now as headmaster at Hogwarts after I appointed him. We worked closely together." Jeremy said, trying to remember more. It feels so long ago, from auror to minister.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:23 pm

As soon as the minister began to speak, Richard's long black quill immediately started frantically writing down everything he was saying. "Oh, don't worry mister Rufford." he said with a smile. "This one records exactly what you say." he reassured him, aware that some of his colleagues had slightly different ones, which would take someone's words and then create sensational and inaccurate tales that bore little resemblance to what the interviewee actually said. This self-writing quill was the professional item that Richard prized the most, as it made sure that he wouldn't miss a single word during an interview, and therefore allowed him to direct all of his attention on the person's changes of tone, pauses, gestures. That way, he could always tell when someone's was rendered uncomfortable by a question or when they attempted to lie to him.

"I believe you went to Hogwarts yourself. You were in Slytherin if I'm not mistaken. So how did you feel when the school was closed? Do you think it was a justified decision at the time?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Yes, I was actually one of the ones that voted to close the school. It felt right that parents wouldn't want their kids back regardless it's safe or not. But after I was made minister, and the school's protection improoved, I didn't see no reason to not open. And mainly, because the school will be under Owen Gray, a brave and strong man who I believe will do well as headmaster, filling in the shoes of Albus Dumbledore."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:55 pm

"I am sure he will." Richard replied. "So you seem to know Owen Gray really well. You said he was already working with you when you were a member of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Would you also describe him as a close friend, you know, outside of work?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm

"Very much actually. We worked on many cases together and solved them. And as we were both desired to become minister, I thought selecting him as headmaster would be great for him. And outside of work, we do talk many times, out as normal people when we are outside of Hogwarts, or the ministry."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:37 pm

"I understand. And what would you respond to those who claim that you only appointed Owen Gray as headmaster of Hogwarts because of your friendship with him and since you wanted to make up for being chosen for minister over him?" Richard inquired. He didn't really believe in this theory himself, but part of his job as a journalist was to ask these somewhat sensible questions. "Those who believe that often point out that previous heads of the school were often ex Hogwarts professors or people with a more... academic profile, whereas as an ex Auror, Owen Gray could be considered as more of a man of action. What made you think he was best suited for the post?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:49 pm

"Owen Gray is indeed a good friend of mine but that doesn't affect my reason for selecting him as headmaster. Owen is very intellegent, he chose to go with a career of action. And I also think Hogwarts needs a responsible headmaster and a brave one too. It's a re-assuring thing to parents when they remember that Owen was an auror, he is capable of many things, and that give him intellegence to detect any false trails and see through things, just like many people thought of Dumbledore."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:04 pm

"And I completely agree with you, but I had to ask." Richard replied. "Have you visited Hogwarts after the reopening? Have there been any difficulties with the recruitment of professors? I have also heard that new students have been regularly joining the Castle, even after the beginning of the school year, since not all parents are convinced that it is entirely safe to send their children back there."
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm

"Yes, I've visited Hogwarts. I think it is running well, I have sat down and talked with some of the professors and I actually plan on visiting Hogwarts regularly for certain reasons. Not every parent is conviced, new students arrive all the time after the first of September. Owen has many responsibilities right now and the security of the students is better than can be. The ministry administration and I meet daily to discuss security issues in Hogwarts and outside of the wizarding world."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm

"I am reassured to hear that." Richard replied as his quill had finished writing a whole page of his notebook, which then instantly turned to a blank one. "Now enough about Hogwarts, let's talk about your appointment as Minister for Magic. We all know the war was raging for a couple of years when you were offered the post. Why did you accept it exactly? Was becoming Minister a long-time ambition of yours or did you believe that you were the right man for the job considering the difficult situation the country was going through?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

"Yes, I believed I was right for the job. I have seen the war start from an eye prespective, I captured death eaters at the ministry when the second war was marked as beginning. After Fudge, and Scrimgeour, came Pius, who was of course under the Imperius. I was offered the job a bit scared actually, concerned that I might be under the imperius curse as well, and also the Shacklebolt, but Shacklebolt did a great job and I am challenging that and leading the wizarding world to greatness."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 pm

"Well, the facts certainly speak in your favour." Richard said with a smile. "In just a couple of months following your appointment, you managed to bring peace to the country, a task in which your predecessors failed miserably. I am aware that you can't share all the information with us, since some of it is certainly classified, but how did you manage to drive the dark wizards away? What was the key to our victory, and what did previous ministers overlook?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:41 pm

"Dark wizards are still out there of course. And it's one thing called security. Unlike other ministers, I have a good relationship with many people from different departments, not just of the ministry, but of other wizarding places, and also with foreign countries. I travel places a lot and the confederation of wizards meet at least three times a week to discuss security measures. How I do the security, will be, as far as I can tell you, training aurors, recruiting, convincing people of the facts, again, unlike some past ministers."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 pm

"You said the dark wizards were still out here. There have been rumors spreading about them regrouping and developing a new plan, some of them even say they are after some sort of weapon, something they didn't have last time. What can you tell our readers about this new danger? And how serious is this threat really? Do we have to fear a new conflict in the close future?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:53 pm

"First of all, it is wise to always be ware of possibilities of the future. I have men on the job, and rumors are correct, they are looking for a weapon, I have a trace of clue to where the weapon is that I can't say. This is not such a serious threat since we got word from this at such an early stage and the dark wizards don't suspect a thing. The ministry is closely influencing the Daily Prophet, and news to be reported will be reported when the Ministry is ready."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 am

The Minister hadn't raised his voice, yet Richard felt the entire power of his position in his last sentence. However, he refused to be intimidated. "Does that mean that we can't write about the threat at all? Don't you think that the people deserve to know that there is something going on, after all they've been through? And even if we don't reveal the details, at least they can be prepared if something happens." he responded a bit abruptly. Recalling who he was talking too, he immediately stopped, realizing that he had somewhat lost his temper. Despite his profound admiration for the man sitting on the other side of the desk, as he had been the only one capable enough to put an end to the war, he was deeply against holding information from the public. As a journalist, he was a fervent defender of their right to know everything, even though he was aware that in this case that may lead to unwanted reactions such as waves of panic.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:22 am

"No no of course not. I accepted the interview didn't I? I mean that not everything should be released but the citizens do have the right to know what is going on and you can tell them that nothing is too safe and should be watched out for. Yes, they should be prepared, anything can happen at any time, coming from me."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:48 am

"Oh, all right. I'm sorry for my somewhat... temperamental reaction, sir." Richard sincerely apologized. It was his first major task, and he had lost his reserve in front of the Minister of Magic? Not a very positive point for his career. Hoping that mister Rufford won't mention this to his superiors, he pursued. "Apart from security, are there other fields that you are currently focused on? Did you reform the Ministry in any way since your appointment as its leader? For example passing new laws or creating new offices?"
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Rufford

Jeremy Rufford

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 am

"Yes, the Department of Magical Education has been added to monitor Hogwarts and provide security and safety, all agreed on by Owen Gray and the Ministry of Magic Public Information Services, which you work in, made to monitor the Daily Prophet and news articles that are released. And for now, new laws are being drafted by the Wizengamot and Department of Magical Law Enforcement."
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:07 am

"Great, that is all I needed to know. Thank you so much for answering my questions, sir. Is there anything else that you want to add for our readers?" Richard politely asked, preparing to end the interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The New Minister Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Minister   The New Minister Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Minister
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next