Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

What's that drink called? (Elita)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

What's that drink called? (Elita) Empty
PostSubject: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 am

After joining an intense game of football in the park, Jack finally had to start making his way back to Diagon Alley to meet up with his family - unfortunately. Still, he took his time heading back toward the crowded street. When he finally stepped into the pub that led to the alley, Jack couldn't help but take some more time out of his day to sit down at the bar and order one of those incredible drinks that Hunter always brought home from school. But wait, what was that drink even called? Jack only knew that it was frothy and possibly the most delicious thing he'd ever tasted in his life. He'd never bothered to find out what it was called - it never mattered, it wasn't like Jack could get a hold of it on his own anyway.

Didn't this place have any menus? That would be convenient. But apparently convenient wasn't a priority, because there wasn't anything that gave him a clue as to what the name of the drink was. Damn. That was annoying. But Jack refused to continue on into the annoyingly crowded alley empty handed. Somebody in this place had to know what it was called! Deciding to just ask the closest person, Jack turned to a dark-haired girl around his age sitting one stool away from him and bluntly asked her what he needed to know. "Do you know what that awesome drink's called?" he questioned, hopefully catching her attention. "You know, it's served warm, and it's got tons of foam and it tastes like pure happiness?" Jack added the last bit with a slightly joking tone to his voice.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:42 am

Elita turned as a boy around her age asked about some drink. She searched him with her cerulean eyes before smiling and replying, "The non-alcoholic drink? You must be talking about Butterbeer." Elita laughed a little as the server brought out her drink to her. She took a sip and sighed. Butterbeer. It tasted amazing.

One day, she'd try Firewhiskey, it was on her bucket list. Maybe that day would come sooner than she thought, who knew. For now, she was quite happy with the Butterbeer that warmed her insides. Elita's stared at the Butterbeer. There was a guy sitting beside her, a guy saw her, acknowledged her. Her self image dropped instantly as she wondered how anyone could talk to someone who looked like her, someone who everyone left.
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:47 am

Yes, Jack had definitely asked the right person! Although, most of the people in the pub probably could have helped him - he was willing to bet he was likely the only one who wasn't a wizard. Jack noticed that most of the muggles that came with their families stayed with their families. Jack was the only one who seemed to wander off on his own. That was because he was completely comfortable with his non-magic self. And he'd figured out that most people didn't know the difference anyway. They just treated him like a wizard.

"Yes, that's the one!" he exclaimed happily when the girl told him what the drink was called. "I didn't know wizards had alcoholic drinks, too... I'll have a butterbeer, please," he called to the barkeep. "And go ahead and put hers on my tab," he added, inclining his head toward the girl. "Because if I'd tried to figure it out myself, who knows what I would have ended up with," he told her, offering her a grin. "I'm Jack VanDerberg," he said in a friendly voice, feeling that it was important to introduce himself to someone who had assisted him in ordering the awesome drink.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 am

"Elita Fontayne Vega and you definitely didn't have to do that." Elita smiled. Sipping more of her Butterbeer she decided to give him insight on the famous Firewhiskey. She guessed he either wasn't a wizard or he was a muggleborn. Vanderburg, as in Hunter? He was related to the younger Gryffindor. Makes sense.

"Of course we have alcoholic drinks. The most famous one is called Firewhiskey and I'm actually quite tempted to try it soon since I'm old enough now." The seventh year flipped her hair back behind her should and bit her lip. It was the gesture she always made when she was trying to figure out what to say next.
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am

Jack turned the girl's name over in his head, trying to figure out if it was one that Hunter had mentioned before. It only took him a moment to decide that it wasn't. Had he finally met someone who didn't know his brother? It seemed that the git was too popular for his own good, and so far Jack hadn't come across anyone who was a wizard who hadn't known his name. "I don't mind. My brother gave me some wizard money to use, and I can't exactly use it again once he leaves for school," Jack added with a grin. "So I might as well spend it now." And then "forget" to pay it back, of course. Just like Hunter always did to him when he "borrowed" money.

"Firewhiskey," he repeated, raising an eyebrow. "And you've never tried it? Even though you're old enough?" She could even order one now, if she wanted to. So if she wanted to try it, why didn't she? "Well, if it's anything like normal whiskey, you aren't missing much," Jack informed her with a shrug. "Dad doesn't hide his very well - I wouldn't consider it the best tasting thing in the world."
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 am

Elita smiled at the boy as he explained how he was borrowing Hunter's money. That was great to her. She sipped on the remains of her Butterbeer before once again turning to him.

"No. I haven't really felt a need to I suppose." she replied. "What if I like it and get addicted to it?" She laughed a little. That probably wouldn't happen, not to her, the sad, lonely one. Actually, it sounded like a good idea, but a bad one all together. Like she said, if she gets addicted, it'll be a bad, expensive habit, especially since she's trying to finish school.
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:47 am

She hadn't felt the need to? "That's because there is no need to," Jack said with an amused, lopsided grin. "But you have to be curious about what it tastes like if you've never had it before." Jack was a little curious about it - it probably just tasted like normal whiskey. But then why put the fire part at the beginning? It had to be there for something. Maybe it actually burned you? Or maybe it was served flaming? It didn't matter, Jack had another year before he could order it. Next year, when they went supply shopping for his siblings, he'd make a point to order one. Maybe he'd just sit at the bar and drink the whole time his family was shopping, and then be ridiculously drunk for the trip back home.

He raised an eyebrow at the girl when she expressed a concern about becoming addicted. "Trust me," Jack began. "One drink won't make you an addict. If anything, it will turn you off of the stuff completely if you have a weak stomach," he added with a laugh. "You have to drink a lot of it for it to have any pleasant effect." Jack knew these things. He had to have some fun while his siblings were away, right? And he couldn't exactly secretly try his father's liquor while his little sisters were there. He'd thought about slipping some into one of Hunter's drinks, but knew that if he were caught his mum would kill him.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 am

Elita smiled at the boy, he was wise. He seemed to be around her age, maybe a little younger. "I am curious." she thought of the drink and the things she'd heard about it.

"Smart boy." Elita said cocking her head to the side. "So how do you know these things?" she joked around. She was sure everyone except her had tried some sort of alcohol before. She couldn't do anything bad, she lived with a professor, she had to be an angel. "And I don't believe I have a weak stomach." she thought back to watching her father die.
Back to top Go down
Jack VanDerberg

Jack VanDerberg

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:29 am

"Of course you are!" Jack grinned when Elita said she was curious. "How old are you, anyway?" he questioned, his eyes skimming the girl's face. She looked young, but she was old enough to drink and Jack wasn't. So she had to be older.

He laughed when she asked how he knew about alcohol. "Well, as far as the general public is concerned, I don't know anything," he said. "But off the record, Dad doesn't exactly lock up his liquor cabinet at night. I don't lead a very exciting life when my brother and sisters are at that weird school of yours." Jack actually didn't know that this girl went to the wizard school, but she seemed to young to be out of school. And he didn't even know if there were other wizard schools to go to. Why else would she be here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's that drink called? (Elita)   What's that drink called? (Elita) Empty

Back to top Go down

What's that drink called? (Elita)
Page 1 of 1