Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) Empty
PostSubject: Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Lyra wasn’t the biggest fan of flying and she had little desire to get into the house team, but she felt that mastering it and getting good at the magical way of transportation could be useful in the future. A little practice in the air couldn’t hurt. Once she’d eaten lunch, she walked quickly along the pathway to the pitch. There weren’t any students there, probably because lunch was still going on in the castle, since she’d left a little early.

A quick trip to the shed to grab a school broom and she was ready. She liked to think that she wasn’t afraid of heights, only the consequences of bumping into a tree or building and falling off her broom. Flying didn’t seem to be the safest activity, which was why she was slightly worried. Still, facing fears and everything. “Up,” she commanded and grinned when it hit her hand straight away. She had that bit done anyway. After that, she got on and flew up a tiny bit. It was scary, that tree directly next to her.
Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Hmmm...This could work. He wasn't afraid of heights. And growing up a pure blood, he knew all about Quidditch from his dad wanting to force him to become something he wasn't. But if that was the only way to gain his approval, he would try. Try was the operative word here. But like his grandmum said, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Phin also thought that this would get him an advantage with the ladies. Aoife in particular

All the poor kid wanted was to fit in. Being put in Hufflepuff was not a good start, but joining the Quidditch team might be his ticket in. As he looked up with a school broom in hand, he looked up and noticed a rather nice looking girl flying up in the air already. Stop it Phineas. You like Aoife.
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 pm

As time went on, Lyra became more confident and flew higher in the air. She had heard Aoife talk about the wonderful thrill one got from flying, with the wind in your hair and the beautiful sights. In all honesty, she didn't really see it. The feeling made her feel a bit sick, maybe because she'd just eaten or maybe because she didn't have the stomach for this sort of thing. And she was too busy trying not to fall to enjoy the sights. How did other students make this look so easy?

On the ground, she did notice a slightly younger boy staring at her. She squinted at him and decided to just fly down. "Can I help you with anything, kid?" she asked sharply, feeling a bit mean because she'd just been so high up and was still feeling a bit giddy. "It's hard to fly with someone staring at you as though you're some sort of two headed monster."
Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: (SORRY IT'S SO SHORT! NO MUSE!)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 3:47 am

Hmmm...Think of something Phineas... Quick. So, he said, "Maybe I was looking at you like a three headed dog, because you look like one." There we go! He secretly patted himself on the back and grinned at the girl. He then said, "I just want to practice for trying out for the Quidditch team next year."

He was the obnoxious first year who thought he was cooler than anybody. And this just proved it. He just insulted a girl who was older than him, and in Gryffindor no doubt. He smiled with his chest out. This was a good day.
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh, so he was a sassy one. And he looked so pleased with himself for that stupid little insult. Not the sort of thing to be expected from a Hufflepuff, since she knew what Lyn and Maddie were like, but house stereotypes were stupid, Lyra knew that. This kid better hope that he never would meet someone like Hunter, who would destroy him for being so outspoken and ridiculous. Similarly to her brother, she was scornful of people like this who were way too big for their boots, so he was lucky that she was in a sort of good mood.

Unamused, she stood with one hand on her hip, one clutching her broom. With her, he would respect his elders and learn not to cross her because she wouldn’t stand for his crap.

“You know, if you’re trying to make an ally of me, you aren’t making a very good first impression,” she advised solemnly. She chose to use the term ally rather than friend, because she wasn’t sure if she could put up with this boy as an actual friend for very long. She wasn’t patient with annoying ones like him and actually spending time with him might drive her mad. Still, he could turn out to not be a complete idiot and worthy of her friendship. She’d see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)   Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear of Falling Off a Broom (Phin)
Page 1 of 1