Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) Empty
PostSubject: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Aoife was sad. She had approximately three weeks left at Hogwarts and she had achieved absolutely nothing. Other than the campaigning for sheep rights, saving a unicorn from death, making a name for herself as the most famous ginger at Hogwarts, designing a fake head girl badge and making some of the greatest friends and arch enemies in the world. Which sounded like a lot, but sort of wasn't when she thought about all the other things she should have done in the past seven whole years. But like usual, Aoife had to hide the sadness and make the most of the time she had left at school. There was much to be done: she needed to make up for all the time she'd lost with Phin, talk to all of her other friends, suddenly improve her grades so she would get good qualifications and pull an amazing prank to leave an amazing legacy before she left.

The most important one was not neglecting Phin anymore, which was why she was lying on the grass under a tree by the lake, staring at the grey sky. It looked like it was going to rain soon. But until it did, they were alright, and Aoife really couldn't be bothered to get up anyway. She didn't really know how to deal with this mood. Sure, she wasn't permanently bouncy and bubbly and over-enthusiastically, but she'd never been worried about something like this before. Because she'd had a pretty amazingly lucky life so far. Something bad was bound to happen eventually. Not graduation, something worse to balance out her karma and all that.

She was kind of worried about Phineas. He didn't really seem to have that much at Hogwarts. Hardly any other friends, not particularly good grades, no uncle or step uncle anymore. The memories must be pretty difficult to deal with on a daily basis for him. The most likely scenario after she left was that Phin would just turn to alcohol and be the new Hunter, the new firewhiskey addicted thief with no sense of guilt or care for other people of the school. But Aoife wasn't sure if there was anything she could do. Maybe she could bring it up later, tell him that alcohol was only good in moderation, not on an extremely regular basis. She didn't really feel like talking about that now, though. "So... have you worked out what you're going to do this summer, then?" she wondered aloud. She wasn't as concerned about that as the looming threat of alcohol addiction, since he probably would have sorted something out by now - he hadn't mentioned it again.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:47 pm

Phin had been having better days. He didn't really pay much attention to what was going on around him, and kept to himself, or Aoife. It suddenly dawned on him that she was a seventh year. What was he going to do next year with out her? It might not even be worth going back. Maybe he could see if he could just do full time at the wand shop with ALEK. But at the same time, he knew he was worth more. He did decent on his OWLs. Only receiving high marks in the classes he cared about, like Herbology. He could see himself doing something like Herbology. He just loved plants. It was weird, but it was the only thing that kept him from sleeping in and skipping classes. Today, he had found Aoife and they decided to go and watch the clouds by the Great Lake. He still couldn't believe that she wouldn't be here next year. It seemed so surreal. It seemed like yesterday he was locking her in closets and getting drunk at parties. He was a stupid child back then. Now he believed he was a more mature adult. For instance, he didn't feel the need to punch Hunter in the face every time Phin saw him. That took a lot. But he was a new mature Phineas Button now. And he had a real job.

Phin noticed that as the year went on, he didn't get butterflies in his stomach any more when he saw Aoife. His heart didn't flutter like a hummingbirds wings, and his palms didn't get so sweaty. He concluded that his little five year crush had officially come to a close. That he was proud of. Because next year he wouldn't get the pleasure of seeing her everyday. He probably wouldn't see her at all. Just during the summer. He hoped he would come visit her at the wand shop and meet ALEK, and the chick that worked with him. He forgot her name. Phin was actually excited for this. It beat spending time in an orphanage or going back to his parents place. He could probably handled himself better now if he were sent back to his parents. He would let his father know that he wasn't going to be pushed around anymore. And that he gave zero shits about the two of them.

He sat up and looked at Aoife when she asked about what he was doing with his living arrangements. He smiled and said, "I've actually found a pretty good deal. The guy that works at Ollivanders wand shop said I could work and live in the flat with him above the shop! And I get paid to do it! So it works out! I met him at the train station once when I thought about just running away. He stopped me. And then I found him in hogsmeade when I snuck out to the old apartments one night. He was drunk, but I nursed him back to health. And that's when he offered me a place to work and stay!" Phin made sure to show enthusiasm in his voice to let her know he was 100% sure about this. He wasn't sure what he liked about Alek. Maybe it was the fact that he was a lazy ass Russian version of chad. Yes. He was possitive that was the reason. He just hoped that ALEK didn't end up like chad did. Because that would 100% suck.

Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:03 pm

Staring up at the sky, Aoife examined the fluffy white clouds closely. Why people said they looked like sheep, she would never understand. Beyond both being white and fluffy, there was no resemblance between them. Sheep had limbs and faces and stuff. Clouds didn't. Nor did she understand how people managed to see clouds as various shapes either. If she squinted really, really hard, that one small one in the corner of her eye could bear the slightest resemblance to an odd misshapen cockroach. Other than that, nothing. Maybe seeing clouds as better things was a common talent she just didn't possess. Maybe she didn't have enough imagination. No - she was the most imaginative person she knew, that couldn't make sense. Maybe she was just smart enough to see that clouds were clouds, not sheep or anything else of the kind.

"That's great!" she grinned enthusiastically. "Wait - just a random guy you only just met?" Her smile faded. "This isn't a disney movie, Phin! You can't just move in with a stranger you met once!" Aoife had liked his story, though. Nursed him back to health, Phin was so weird and random sometimes. But she guessed it wasn't him that was weird and random, it was the experiences that threw themselves at him. That was probably why she liked him so much, because she was exactly the same. She nursed unicorns back to health, she was probably even worse for odd happenings. "Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful you've got a summer job, and you've been all independent and grown up, but don't you think that it's a tiny bit random and dodgy to just decide to move in with him without a second thought?" If there was any other way, Aoife was in full support of him taking that. Because she didn't want this random guy trying to kill Phin or something. He could always stay with her for the summer, if it came to it. Phin, that was, not the random guy.

Her rare seriously serious voice returned, and she turned her head from the cloudy grey sky to look at Phin's face. "Can you promise me something?" Without waiting for him to reply, she continued. "Promise that you won't be like Hunter after I graduate?" It wasn't the most serious question, but her tone would suggest so. "So don't steal firewhiskey, don't drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol, don't waste your life and be stupid?" Aoife wasn't sure how much sense she was making, whether her sentences were even making sense. She was too tired and dizzy.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 am

Phin knew were Aoife was coming from. But in a way, Alek had saved Phin's life. There he was about to run away from all his troubles, and boom, he was there trying to talk since into him. He was going to drop out of school, leave Aoife, leave Hogwarts, leave the past behind him and start a new future. Phin had to repay him somehow. And if living with him was going to do that, then he would. Phin replied, "He saved me Aoife. I would be long gone right now if it wasn't for him. Not dead, but I would've left Hogwarts. Well, I'd probably be dead as I don't know how to defend myself. But, oh you know what I mean..." He was rambling again. Phin hated to ramble, but in these situations he guessed that sometimes it was all he could do.

They sat in silence again. She was starring at the clouds. He didn't understand what girls found so fascinating about them. They were just giant white blobs to him. Giant white blobs of nothing that sometimes squirted water down to the ground. He just didn't understand. But on a day like today, it was fine to not understand. It was fine to not understand life, and everything that had happened. Today was supposed to be a good day. It was one of the last days he was spending with one of his best friends. His only friend. What was he going to do without her when she graduated?

He was about to ask when she suddenly started rambling about him not turning into Hunter. Why would he turn into Hunter? Phin hated the guy with a passion. But then it made since when she continued. He guessed she was referring to the New Years party when he had stolen the firewhiskey from Chad and got drunk. But Phin had promised himself that he would never drink again. That shit was disgusting and it made him have a horrible headache afterwards. He laughed and said, "I promise. I'm probably never going to drink again after that night actually." He looked at her with an almost as serious face. He then went back to his previous thought, what was he going to do without her? He laid back down, and tried to imagine it. It just seemed impossible.

He said, "I've thought about just quitting Hogwarts and working at Ollivanders fulltime, but I'm not sure Alek would allow it." He was just thinking out loud at this point, but he needed somebody to knock some since into him. Chad wasn't there to do it himself. Phin continued, "I've got nothing here. My grades are terrible, you are going to be gone after this term, so nobody will be here for me. I've made zero friends this term." He waited to see if she would slap him. Deep deep down, he hoped she would.

Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Aoife kept silent throughout Phin's rambling. She used to do that. Ramble. It had seemed like the worst thing in the world at the time, but it was kind of cute with Phin. Like, a reminder that neither of them had actually grown up, even though she was about to graduate, and Phin was old enough to work, almost to live alone, and the real world loomed directly ahead, which was terrifying. But they were still children at heart, no different to how she was in first-year, or when they'd met four years ago and she'd accidentally almost killed Phin. Sort of. But she realised that even though she thought he was being stupid with his weird spontaneous decision, Aoife was no more of an adult than Phin was, and therefore couldn't try and tell him what to do, because when it came down to it, it was his choice, not anybody else's.

Feeling a sudden burst of remorse and realization that it was almost over, Aoife shuffled over a bit to rest her head on Phin's shoulder. There would be no more drama about Phin's alcoholic habits, or worry over Phin's family difficulties, or being locked in a disgusting closet with a boy she was determined she'd hated at the time, or anything else. They probably wouldn't even talk anymore, because that wasn't how it worked. Long distance friendships probably sucked, especially when one person was still at school, and the other would be busy trying to live her live and travelling and enjoying the freedom that being an adult sort of brought.

She smiled fondly at Phin, half believing that he'd keep his promise entirely. She didn't want him to be a total trainwreck by the time he reached seventh year, and he might not, but she almost felt she should expect the worst, so she wouldn't be disappointed. "You say that now, but you never know." Phin's life kind of did suck sometimes (other than having an amazing beautiful redhead as a best friend, of course), so he totally had reason to go through the same destructive, sad phase Hunter had. "You and him are sort of similar, you know," Aoife commented offhandedly, before realising the offence this could cause and snapping her head towards Phin to catch his reaction. As far as she was aware, Phin still didn't much like Hunter. Which didn't really make sense, since he was the one that had been locking them in closets and trying to make them fall in love or something stupid. But Phin's actions never did really make sense, she was used to it.

She'd been about to mention something irrelevant then, but hearing Phin say something absolutely absurd stopped her, and Aoife immediately shot the death glare in his direction. "No, Phineas Button!" she exclaimed loudly. "You will get an education! If I can get through seven years of this shit, so can you!" Why on earth would he sacrifice all the opportunities for greatness which Hogwarts provided for something so insignificant as being worried about grades and friends? For a job in some shop that would never amount to anything? "Not a chance! If you do it, I'm never talking to you again!" Taking a moment to regain her breath and calm down, she paused. "You'll just have to make new friends, and as for grades, not a problem. You know how well you can do in the subjects you like - you'll just have to work REALLY hard for everything else." Her words weren't designed to be encouraging or anything, she just wanted to knock some sense into that ridiculous head of his.

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 1:09 am

Phin thought about what Aoife said for a while. The problem was, there wasn't any subjects in school that he loved or was good at. He was making barley passing marks in everything and that wasn't going to get him anywhere in life. Ya he could've tried a lot harder to like at least one or two subjects but he had a lot going on in his life to pay attention to any of it. Next term would be his OWLs year and that would decide his fate in the world. But why have a fate decided for him when one was standing right in his face? Did he really have to go to school? He could stay at the shop with ALEK and never have to worry about grades or tests ever again! And staying in diagon alley would help the seperation problem both he and Aoife where worried about. He didn't have any other friends like he was trying to tell her, so if she got an apartment in diagon alley then they could see each other all the time! His head snapped when she said him and hunter where similar. He rolled his eyes. If they where similar, she would've kissed him back when he kissed her that one time. They were definently NOT similar. He was a stubborn ass, and Phin was not stubborn ,Just an ass. He didn't say anything, and hoped she caught the eye roll.

When he brought up his idea about dropping out she flipped shit. He was shocked. Ok, not really shocked, or surprised. In fact, that was the exact reaction he expected from her. But it was his life. She would just have to get over it. He wasn't coming back after this term. But then he realized, she didn't have to know. She'd be pissed at him if she knew that he was actually going to go through with it. She'd try to convince him out of it, and he would probably listen because he was so weak, especially when it came to her. So he nodded and said, "fine. I wont. I'll stay here and rot like everyone else." He nudged her shoulder to try and get her to laugh. To make sure she thought he was serious about staying. He felt bad about lying. In fact, he felt terrible. But it was his life and he could make the mistakes he wanted too.

He looked over at the lake and thought that this would be one of the last times he would get to see it. That thought made him a little sad. Never being able to walk the grounds again. Never being to see the castle again. Never being able to eat the delicious food again. He mentally slapped himself. He wasn't going to talk himself out of not coming back. He was going to go through with this. He pictured himself in 20 years owning the wand shop, living above it like ALEK. He pictured himself having learned everything there was to know about wands and giving them to first years as they went to school. That was his favorite part about going to school. Walking Into the little shop and getting his wand. And now he got to live his favorite moment every day for the rest of his life. He looked at Aoife and realized. Not only was this her last couple of weeks at Hogwarts, but now it was his last couple of weeks too.

Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:06 pm

No, Aoife wasn't going to fight with him over this. It wasn't worth it, not when the time they had left together was incredibly limited. Only she wanted him to stop being so stupid over this. But she wouldn't carry on. She just wished there were someone left Phin would actually listen to, whether it be Chad or whoever. Whoever the Ollivander's guy was, she had a mind to go straight there and give him a good slap for ruining Phin's education and potentially bright future. She wouldn't need to, though, if Phin would just think about what a huge mistake he was making not staying at Hogwarts. A little moody about it, Aoife turned her head to look away from him, suddenly becoming very interested in the grass next to where she sat.

But even though she wasn't talking non stop like normal, she was thinking way too much than was healthy for a stupid ginger girl. She'd stayed all the years at school, and she'd never even had a thought about leaving early - she could barely bring herself to say goodbye after seven years - but what good had it done her? She had no career planned, not brilliant qualifications, and a very vague future. Aoife doubted that she'd ever do better in life than a shopkeeper at all, even if she did kind of have an education. Her life was going to be a total failure, most likely. So who was she to lecture Phin about staying on at school when her life was destined to be a trainwreck? What had school done for her? Nothing. She looked back to Phin and chewed on her lip, annoyed at him and herself, even more when he said something about everyone else rotting here. Half true. "You know what? Forget it. Do whatever the fuck you want," she muttered, barely audible as she buried her face in her hands.

Feeling kind of emotionally fragile, she looked back at the castle and suddenly felt the desire to leave. It didn't make sense, but being out here with Phin kind of made her anxious and claustrophobic. Yeah, definitely didn't make sense. "Have to go... castle... essay..." Aoife said just loud enough to be heard, grabbing her bag and pushing herself up from the floor. And without sparing Phin or the lake another glance, she turned to run back to the school, her head spinning.

Sorry I ended it, wasn't sure what else to do?? We could have another thread at some point if you want?

banners!:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)   Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Memories (Phinny-Phin-Phin)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Grounds :: The Lake-
Jump to: