Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Back to School Shopping (Axel)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

Back to School Shopping (Axel) Empty
PostSubject: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Hunter was in Diagon Alley shopping for his third year at Hogwarts, and he had done just about everything fun there was to do there. He'd gotten a pineapple and grass flavored ice cream, and he'd bought a few new things from Quality Quidditch Supplies. Now, all there was left to do was the one thing Hunter had been putting off - shop for his actual school supplies. So, he begrudgingly made his way down the road to enter a shop that would allow him to tackle this annoying task. Flourish and Blotts was closest, so Hunter ducked into there to start.

Ugh, books. Hunter found this particular excursion a complete waste of money, because he was sure that he would hardly open a book all year. He preferred to wing it when it came to tests, and sometimes it worked. And sometimes it didn't. But his mother, who had homeschooled them all since they were small, certainly did not need to know that. So, for the sake of not getting a lecture, he went ahead and started looking for what he would need. Hunter decided to look for his potions book first, since that was the only subject that even remotely interested him. As he browsed the section, he felt someone smaller than him bump into him from behind, and he turned around to see who it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:41 pm

As the young first year Axel wandered through Diagon Alley, bumping and shoving through other first years, second years and all the way up. God I wish I had my wand...maybe I could get through this crowd faster. he thought, frowning and shoving another kid out of his way. Then he finally couldn't take it, he stepped into the nearest shop he could find. The book store, Flourish and Blotts. Really? This store? Geez... he growled in his head. But he was going to have to deal with it. Then he sighed and mumbled to himself, "Well...I might as well get my books while I'm here."
So he whipped out his list, sifting his eyes over the paper until he came to a subject that actually popped to him. Potions. Quickly, he slipped through the aisles and aisles of books upon books. Until he found the section. He brought his fingers lightly across the bindings of the books, feeling the leather and hard backs. But his mind strayed away from him as he looked around for the books he needed, just as he caught a glimpse of one that caught his eye. So he locked his eyes on it an moved towards it, but just about as he got to the book his shoulder smack into a larger kid. So he quickly snapped out of his little daze and backed up, quickly speaking, "Oh! Es tut mir leid! I didn't see you there."
(Translation: Oh! I'm sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 pm

When Hunter looked to see who had jostled him, he found that it was a younger boy. He raised an eyebrow at the kid as he said something that Hunter didn't understand. Was that German? Hunter thought it might be, but wasn't really sure. Either way, Hunter was slightly annoyed that he didn't know what the boy had said. By the way he added that he hadn't seen Hunter standing there, he assumed that it translated to some kind of sorry. If it did, Hunter supposed it was alright.

Just to be smart, Hunter replied with a quick "Geen zorgen," which was Dutch for no worries. This kid wasn't the only one who knew another language. He moved a bit to the side so that the boy could pass through, and tried to figure out how old he might be. Hunter didn't recognize him in the slightest, so he couldn't be more than eleven if he was a Hogwarts student.

"First year at Hogwarts?" Hunter guessed, turning his attention back to the bookshelf that he was looking at and pulling a copy of "Advanced Potionmaking" out. He flipped through the index, a potion called Felix Felices catching his eye. Oh, nevermind, that one was far too difficult. "I'm Hunter," he said to the kid without looking up again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 pm

As the other student replied, Axel thought heavily about the language. What was that? He had heard it before? Now this was going to kill him. But he jumped out of thought to slip around the guy and get to the book that had gotten his attention, only to be disappointed. Dang, a 7th year potion book. Well, I can't use this for a while... he thought before looking back at his list for what he actually needed. Then, his train of thought was interrupted momentarily by the person he had bumped into. But he guessed he could multitask and talk.
So he looked over at the other guy quickly before looking back to get his book, then he spoke. "Oh, yeah. But I'm guessing it's definitely not yours?" His German accent was thick as he spoke, but since he wasn't concentrating much on his American one, his natural one was thick. As he learned this guys name he looked over and stuck out his hand for Hunter to shake, "Nice to meet you Hunter, I'm Axel Schmidt."

(Sorry it's a bit short Razz)
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 pm

The boy seemed to be interested in a certain book, and Hunter looked on curiously to see which one it was. It was a bit laughable that he wanted a book from this section, seeing as it only contained advanced potions books. Hunter didn't say anything, just watched as the boy tucked the book under his arm and kept looking. He supposed he wasn't one to talk - he wouldn't stand a chance with the potions in the book he'd picked up, but he was still going to buy it.

"I'll be a third year," he said to the boy. "And you probably need Magical Drafts and Potions - that's what I had to get for first year. It should be over there," Hunter informed him, nodding toward a section a few shelves over. He raised an eyebrow as the boy introduced himself as Axel and held out his hand for Hunter to shake. A bit formal, was he? Hunter reserved judgement for now and returned the gesture, grasping the boys hand and shaking it. "So are you excited to start school?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:05 am

Axel nodded at Hunter, pulling his hand back to go back looking on his own. But as Hunter said the name of the book he needed his attention turned back to the older boy. Then he looked over in the direction of the section Hunter had motioned to and said a quick, "Thanks." Then he looked back to him, listening to his next words before once again answering, "Yeah, but I'm also a bit worried I won't...what's the word...succeed and meet my parents expectations. Them both being wizards and all."
Then, keeping his concentration on their conversation, he quickly walked over and pulled the book he needed from the shelf. He laid it on his arm then walked back over to where Hunter was, not wanting to be rude. So he tried making more conversation, "So...what are the classes like at Hogwarts? My mom said some can be hard, especially the core classes." Then suddenly another thought crossed his mind. Quidditch.
So he perked up, quickly asking, "Oh! Are you on a Quidditch team? Is it hard? I've always wanted to be on a Quidditch team!" It was true, one thing he had always wanted to be was on the Quidditch team. Especially a Keeper, that seemed like such a awesome position.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Hunter frowned a bit as Axel mentioned that he was worried about making his parents happy. His parents never made him feel as though he had to live up to anything, other than being a decent person - he felt bad for people whose parents gave them ultimatums. Oh, he was a pureblood. "I never had to worry about that, I suppose," Hunter said, shrugging. "My parents are both muggles, so they don't know the slightest thing about what goes on at school." It was quite convenient really, as Hunter's mum was quite strict with schooling, having homeschooled all of them. At Hogwarts, he could slack off.

"But you'll do fine, none of the first year classes are really hard. Unless you're dumb as a rock," he added as an afterthought. "In my opinion, most of them are a bore," Hunter told the boy, blowing out an amused breath. "Other than Potions. And Charms is alright because of the Professor."

This conversation was getting kind of boring. Hunter didn't have time to hang around in bookshops and tell first years about Hogwarts. But when Axel asked about Quidditch, Hunter decided that he could stay for at least a few more minutes. A genuine grin crossing his face at the mention of his favorite sport, he answered. "I'm a Chaser for Gryffindor. And I suppose it's hard, but if you're good at sports it's not too hard to catch on. I made the team last year." Hunter was particularly proud of that accomplishment. "But first years aren't allowed on the house teams," he added, in case Axel had his mind set on trying out when he got to Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 8:29 pm

As Hunter said he was a muggle-born, Axel almost regretted bringing the subject up. But he just shrugged and spoke, "My opinion, personally I just think wizards are wizards. It doesn't matter if their muggle-born or pure-bloods." Axel then, mentally chuckled about muggle-borns and their perks. They wouldn't have the expectations that pure-bloods, but that just may be a down-side too. But he, almost with regret, wouldn't be able to understand any of that.
Axel listened closely, but almost sighed in relief when he was told the first year classes were easy. Well that would give him some time to try and get some extra practice over his first year. Then he grinned, "What potions do early years make?" Axel knew he was most likely taking up too much of Hunters time,but he couldn't help himself.
Then he almost jumped up and down at Quidditch, he absolutely adored Quidditch. And right in front of him, was a Quidditch player. But then again, there was that stupid rule. First years can't try-out, gosh dangit. So he had to get through this year, then next year would be oh-so-fun. But just to talk, he spoke, "Yeah...but at least its not only like, 3rd years and up. But anyway, I'm hoping to be either a Keeper or a Beater. I haven't decided between the two."
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:18 am

Hunter stared at the kid a little strangely when he went on about wizards all being wizards. In truth, Hunter had never met anyone who had ostracized him for being muggleborn. So he just shrugged. "I'm a pretty lousy wizard, either way," Hunter told him. "Mostly because I don't pay much attention I guess. But my friend Blake is muggleborn as well, and he does great in everything." In Hunter's opinion, it was just a matter of how much effort you put into it. Hunter didn't put in much.

At least Axel was asking about the only subject Hunter was any good at. "You'll probably start out with Antidote to Common Poisons, or something else along those lines. That was the first potion I made."

Hunter almost regretted telling the kid that he played quidditch, because it had excited him far too much. But it was kind of entertaining, so Hunter held his grin and tried not to look at him strangely. "I would've liked keeper, but it was taken when I tried out," Hunter agreed. "But I'm better at chaser anyway." Then, changing the subject a bit, Hunter asked curiously, "So which house do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to School Shopping (Axel)   Back to School Shopping (Axel) Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to School Shopping (Axel)
Page 1 of 1