Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Let's Feast! (OPEN)

Go down 
+2
Lyra VanDerberg
Hunter VanDerberg
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
::
Activity: Trainee Auror

Let's Feast! (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Hunter sat next to Lyra at the Gryffindor table, waiting impatiently for the beginning of the year festivities to begin. People were still filing into the Great Hall, and he'd have to sit through the whole sorting before food would appear on the table. Hunter had decided before even boarding the train that third year was going to be the best year yet at Hogwarts! Hunter would be turning fourteen in a month, and third years got to do all kinds of things - most importantly visit Hogsmeade! Of course, Hunter was able to visit Hogsmeade last year, but it was only because of his job at Zonko's. This year, he'd be able to go with his friends! The twins and Ariel weren't old enough to go yet, but Blake and Aoife were! Unfortunately, their time spent together at Hunter's house over the summer hadn't managed to bring the two any closer together.

Speaking of Blake and Aoife, where were they? Hunter had spent the train ride with his siblings, and hadn't caught sight of either of his friends. Blake was probably in a compartment with Ariel, like last time. But Aoife usually sat with them. He was quite eager to see his red-headed friend, actually, because it had been a few months since he'd spent time with her. She visited the farm rather early in the summer, and after she left Hunter hadn't seen her for the rest of summer. They hadn't even communicated all that much, so he was definitely excited to talk to her again! Blake had stayed over for a while longer than Aoife, so he hadn't seen him so long ago.

"Why does it always take so long to get started?" he complained to Lyra, marveling a bit at how short she looked sitting next to him. Hunter had finally grown a bit over the summer, and was almost as tall as Jack now, but it still felt a little strange to tower over his sisters so much more than before. He glanced quickly over at the Hufflepuff table where Lyn sat to check that she was doing okay. His sister seemed to have gotten over the separation of houses over the summer, but now that they were back at Hogwarts Hunter wasn't so sure that she wouldn't revert to her depressing thoughts about Hufflepuff being a worse house than Gryffindor. But the Great Hall was slowly filling up, and he felt certain that his friends would find him soon, so even knowing that it could be a half hour before he got to eat wasn't enough to break Hunter's good mood.
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

PostSubject: OOH LOOK JEALOUS LYRA, PRETTY AOIFE, LIPSTICK AND AAAAGH   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Lyra sat next to Hunter, feeling just as impatient as he seemingly was. She was hungry. Even though she'd had a lot of sweets on the train. Hogwarts food was the best, especially at the start of term. "Too long," she agreed. "They could at least give us food while they sort the little kids." Haha, little kids. She could say that now that she was a second-year. It gave her the authority to laugh at them and be a little snobby and act all grown-up. Lyn most likely wouldn't make use of these advantages, but she would.

After catching a glance of Lyn at the Hufflepuff table, she smiled and waved. Obviously she was doing better than last year. Her sitting at the other table meant she actually had friends now. They seemed to be quite early because not many Gryffindors had arrived yet. It wasn't hard to notice the absence of Aoife, who was all hyper and loud when she was here. And Blake wasn't here either. He'd probably end up sitting with Lyn. They were apparently best friends now. Lyra sighed quietly. Was she really jealous of him? He was never going to replace her, the greatest twin sister of all time, so she had nothing to worry about.

A loud yell snapped her out of her quiet thinking. "HUNTER!" she heard the redhead yell. Wow, she knew how to make an entrance. "HUNTER WHERE ARE YOU YOU GIT?" Then the older girl caught sight of them and came over, grinning widely. Lyra's eyes widened. When did she get... tall? And pretty? And was that LIPSTICK? Aoife seemed to read her mind because she was quick to carry on talking. "I'M WEARING- oh, that's loud. I'm wearing lipstick!" she almost whispered. "It's very red. It's my sister's. And it is horrible. How am I going to EAT without it going all over my face? And I grew! I'm tall now! Not as tall as you. Git, why did you have to grow too?"

The second-year giggled, still in shock. "Why are you wearing lipstick, exactly?" she asked, but the other girl shrugged. Weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:35 pm

"Well, hopefully the sorting doesn't take that long," Hunter said to his sister, silently agreeing that there should be food before the sorting. And during it. And after. He was fresh out of butterbeer, too. Luckily, he'd be starting work again later on that week and would be able to restock. Although his ability to get butterbeer wasn't really that awesome now that his friends could just drop by Hogsmeade and get some themselves. But it was still nice to have a stash in his dorm, either way.

It said a lot about how accustomed Hunter was to Aoife's loudness that he didn't even turn to look when he heard his name shouted across the great hall. He was probably the only one there who didn't jump. A grin traced his lips though and he shared an amused look with Lyra. But Lyra wasn't looking at him. She was looking over his shoulder at something, a completely bewildered look on her face.  

"Lyra, what are you staring at?" he questioned, finally turning around to look in the same direction as his sister. It didn't take him long at all to understand what had drawn her attention - bouncing toward them was a tall, beaming girl with bright red lipstick and even redder hair. "Aoife?" Hunter said incredulously, more to himself than to anyone else. That girl walking toward him was not Aoife. Aoife didn't look like... like that! And what the hell was with the fact that he was having trouble looking away? He was familiar with the feeling - he could stare at Darcy all day if it wouldn't make him look like a complete loser... but this wasn't Darcy or Ariel. This was Aoife.

As the pretty redhead who couldn't possibly be Aoife slipped into a spot next to him, Hunter forced his mouth closed - it had been hanging open a bit - and forced his eyes away from her. He didn't want to be weird and just stare at the table, so he glanced at Lyra instead, shaking his head slightly at her as a warning to keep her mouth shut - she'd probably easily read his reaction. Then, Aoife began to talk, and it was a little easier to believe that it was her.

She was worried about eating without getting her lipstick everywhere. When Lyra asked why she was even wearing lipstick to begin with, Aoife didn't seem to have an answer. Typical. Forcing himself to act normally, he shot her a grin. "I wouldn't say you're tall exactly," he jested her, running a hand through his hair. "You're just tall-er than you were before. I'm almost as tall as Jack now, though!" he said proudly. "And, er, what's with the lipstick, really?" He repeated Lyra's question, quite curious to know the answer. "Change your mind about skipping the whole teenager thiing?" Why was it so hard not to stare at her? This was stupid. He just needed to look at something else. Where was Darcy when you needed her? Hunter took a breath, praying that Aoife wouldn't pick up on anything weird, even though he was being more than obvious about it.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 8:19 pm

Aoife had honestly meant to sit with Hunter and the twins on the train journey to Hogwarts. It just didn’t happen. She’d skipped happily to the train, got on, accidentally wandered into an empty compartment and then found herself sitting down. Then she fell asleep and didn’t wake up until the train was pulling into Hogsmeade station. Maybe she should have listened to her parents and gone to bed at a reasonable time in the holidays. No, that would be stupid. It didn’t matter now. Anyway, Blake probably sat with them and she’d rather avoid spending any more time with him than necessary.

Since there was plenty of time and she wasn’t bothered about watching hats being put on first-year’s heads, she took a long and leisurely walk up to the castle. But it was actually quite quick, because she caught sight of some scary sixth-years and was scared they were coming in her direction. So she ran for most of the way. Of course she ignored the odd looks she got from people in the Great Hall when she ran in yelling Hunter’s name. She was used to it. However they should be used to how awesome she was by now. Staring was rude.

Her eyebrows creased in confusion when she saw Lyra and Hunter looked a little surprised, for some reason. She just shrugged it off and jumped into the conversation. “I AM tall!” she protested. “You’re just jealous! Of how tall and gorgeous I am!” Aoife flicked her hair in a teenage sort of way. Mocking sort of way, of course. She just hoped Hunter got that and didn’t actually think she was a teenager now.

“I’m not exactly skipping being a teenager,” she decided. “I’m just not going to be one in spirit. Only height.” That made sense, right? She deliberately avoided the lipstick question, unsure of how to answer. Claire had been all to happy that she was finally wearing makeup and had handed over a big bag of it immediately. And she wanted to prove how beautiful she could be in the teenage way if she actually tried. Seren repeatedly commenting on how horrible she looked almost got to her. But not quite. That was a bit of the reason, possibly. Getting back at the Ravenclaw. Otherwise, she wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Ariel was so excited to be back at Hogwarts. She had been laughing her ass of the entire journey back to Hogwarts, for some weird reason that probably had something to do with who she had been sitting with. Either way, she was now veeery ready to eat. She scouted the hall as she walked in in the big crowd. She was walking next to her sister, who was squeezing her hand. Ariel had the feeling that Darcy was feeling weird about being a fifth year. Ariel certainly thought it was weird. Also, the OWLs were her year. She was probably nervous about them.

Darcy then spotted some people her own age and looked down at Ariel. Ariel just gave a grin, but didn't want to sit with them. "I'll find my own crowd," she said with a shrug, and though Darcy seemed to be sort of reluctant to leaving her sister, Ariel just pushed her off and leered at her in a joking fashion and continued scouting for her 'own crowd' as she had put it.

She was about to give up when she heard the unmistakable shouts of a certain one-year-older student with red hair. Ariel watched amazed as Aoife made her way to Hunter and Lyra, which made Ariel smile happily. She quickly walked the same way, but on the other side of the table, and hugged Lyra from behind, before sitting down next to her. "Hey guys!" she exclaimed happily, looking at the three of them. Her eyes rested a bit on Aoife. "You've changed over the summer," she remarked with big eyes. She then laughed and looked at Hunter. "You haven't," she added mischievously. A lie, of course, he had grown taller. Other than that, he was still Hunter. Aoife, however… Well, she seemed to have hit puberty in sixth gear.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 am

Summer was over already! Kynan was trying to decide whether he was happy or upset about that as he wandered into the Great Hall. His summer had been OK, although they had moved into another house for some reason that he couldn't know. Aylee had been as distant as ever, locking herself up in her own room, but Ethan was as friendly as ever. It was really confusing, but he'd been really lonely over the summer. Then, for the first time, he realized that he'd be a fifth year now. With O.W.Ls coming his way soon. So he'd need to study.

Fat chance.

But it surprised him that Aylee was as social and cool as Kynan was in her fifth year, but now she was being all quiet and cutting herself off from the Hogwarts population. Kynan watched his sister scurry off towards the Ravenclaw table without a word, sit down and open a book without saying 'hi' to anyone. For a moment he contemplated going to sit with the Ravenclaws for dinner, but decided not to do so until the food arrived. He was hungry.

So he started walking down the Gryffindor table, only just in time to avoid Aoife's entrance behind him. He jumped, turned around, and saw a really red-headed girl with lipstick. Aoife, lipstick? Kynan grinned as he watched Hunter react to Aoife, and decided to sit down next to them. He didn't think about bothering them. Oh, who was he kidding? He was Kynan! Everyone thought he was cool. Aylee had said so.

Just as Ariel sat down next to the weird bunch, Kynan popped in from behind Hunter and sat on the other side of him. "Hunter!" he exclaimed happily, then looked around the others trying to guess their names. He pointed at each one of them in turn, "Aoife, er... Lyra and Ariel! Right?" He still wasn't exactly used to every one of them. He only remembered Lyra because 'Lyn and Lyra' sounded like some cool company name and Ariel because Darcy was beautiful, Ariel is Darcy's sister, Ariel is a mermaid, Ariel's are beautiful. It would make no sense to anyone else but that was total Kynan logic. "Aoife, what's with the makeover?" he asked. "I mean, I thought you hated teenagers because they're icky and lovesick?" Aylee was a teenager but she never, ever wore make-up.
Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult
Blake Ralston

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Blake made his way giddily into the Great Hall. He was wide awake now that he was back in familiar territory, but only a few moments ago he was wiping sleep from his eyes. In his excitement to return to Hogwarts he had not slept the night before and to his disappointment he slept for the last part of the journey once Ariel had left him to find Darcy. He ended up having to make his own way up to the castle, not being able to locate anyone else he knew. Oh well, there was ample of opportunity to make up for lost time at the sorting ceremony. Pity he had not missed it altogether though, he grumbled to himself as his stomach rumbled loudly.

Blake soon spotted his familiar group of friends; it was hard to miss the back of Aoife’s fiery red hair. As Blake made his way over he could hear them talking animatedly to one another and Blake was overwhelmed to be back. He heard Hunter commenting on his height, and Blake noticed his friend had grown taller since he had last seen him only a few weeks ago. Blake was confident that he was still taller, well he hoped so anyway. Or else he would have to hear about how Hunter was older and taller than him. He rolled his eyes at the slagging he would have to endure. He was grinning widely to himself as slipped in and sat discreetly next to Ariel, just in case his lack of a growth spurt over the last few weeks was noticed.

Blake turned to Ariel, who always seemed to capture his attention first, and grinned at her. "Miss me?" He asked, joking since he had shared the train journey back to Hogwarts with the girl. Blake found it nice to catch up with her, the conversation easy and free-flowing. Plus it meant that he didn't have to listen to Aoife's whiny voice for the entire journey.

Blake turned to the rest of the table and he was about to greet them when his smirk disappeared as quickly as it came as he noticed Aoife’s appearance. Amazing how much someone could change in a few short weeks. “Ugh, hi guys.” Blake said, trying to not comment on Aoife’s change in appearance. As much as she had changed he was still pretty sure her personality was the same and any comment would get a snide remark in turn. So instead he turned to Kynan. “Have a good summer?” He was sure he would have got up to a lot, seeing as trouble seemed to find Kynan wherever he went.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Okay, seriously, this was ridiculous. Completely ridiculous. It didn't even look like Aoife. It was almost as though some psychotic superior being had just gotten rid of Aoife completely and stuck some other red-headed girl in her place just to drive Hunter crazy. But that was stupid - of course it was Aoife. She'd just changed.

"Oh yeah, that's definitely it," Hunter replied sarcastically when Aoife said he was just jealous that she was tall and gorgeous. But the reply might have sounded a little forced, because he didn't want Aoife to think that he actually agreed that she was tall and gorgeous. Because she wasn't gorgeous - she was Aoife. Those two things could simply not be mixed. Could they? He raised an eyebrow as she flipped her hair and everything, but laughed because there was no way that she wasn't joking. He grinned a bit more genuinely as she said she was only going to be a teenager in height. "So does the world look any different from so high up?" he teased her.

Thank the lord, Ariel had turned up! For probably the first time ever, Hunter didn't try to keep himself from looking at her. It was completely acceptable to stare at Ariel, after all, since she was a Veela. It wasn't at all acceptable to stare at Aoife, because she definitely wasn't a Veela. And anyway, he hadn't actually stared at Ariel in a long time. He'd become rather used to her Veela qualities last term. But looking in her direction did made it quite easy to take his mind of the present predicament. "There's my favorite first year!" he said, beaming at her. "Er... except for my wonderful sisters of course," he added, giving Lyra an apologetic grin. "I thought you'd have Blake with you! Where's he hiding?"

Then Kynan turned up, and Hunter grinned happily at him. "Hey Kynan!" Kynan was easily Hunter's favorite older student, and it had been a while since he'd talked to him. He watched on as Kynan tried to get everyone's names right, and gave him a congratulatory slap on the shoulders when he succeeded. "Not bad," Hunter said. And then Ariel and Kynan both commented on Aoife's appearance, so he knew that it wasn't just him who thought she looked quite different. He waited anxiously to hear her answer to Kynan's question.

When Blake joined them, Hunter instantly trained his eyes on his friends face to see what he thought of the new version of Aoife. But Blake's only reaction was to drop his smirk. What did that mean? Suddenly, Hunter wasn't sure if he should tell Blake about his stupid reaction or not later on - Blake hated Aoife after all. He'd probably punch Hunter in the face or something to knock some sense into him. But then again, maybe that was what he needed. "My summer would have been much better if some random git hadn't completely depleted my butterbeer stash before he left my house," Hunter said, mock-glaring at his friend. "But it's okay, because now that we're third years, the next case is on you," he added with a grin.

Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: RUBBISH BUT I DON'T CARE I BLAME IT ON HUNTER THAT I CAN'T MULTI-TASK   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySat May 03, 2014 12:01 pm

"Hi Ariel!" Aoife grinned. "How was your sum-" Then she mentioned how she'd changed. Was she going to go on about the lipstick too? "Yes, I got tall and yes, I'm wearing lipstick. It's simple enough." Because people just needed to grasp the fact that she was wearing makeup. Was it so hard to understand?

She noticed Lyra glare at her brother and she smiled. "It's okay if you prefer Ariel to us, Hunter. I prefer Aoife and Blake to you." Good kid.

The lazy, sleepy, homework-avoiding Gryffindor git arrived then. Little party. She sighed. "Hi Kynan. Nothing's with the makeover. IT'S LIPSTICK OKAY. GET OVER IT GITS." Then she breathed out, feeling much better. But just to make things even worse, Blake turned up. "Hi Blakey," she murmured.

When Hunter and Blake started talking, Aoife zoned out, uninterested. Hey, while she waited she could get back to the greatest book in the entire world! The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. After Aylee had introduced her to it, she'd been addicted. After going home from the Netherlands, she spent most of her time under the big oak tree, surrounded by sheep, actually reading.

Now, she was almost at the end and it was the really really sad bit and she was having an emotional breakdown as she sat there with the book. And then she was crying. Silently crying and not wailing, but still crying. Angrily, as she read the last page, she SLAMMED the book down on the table and buried her face in her hands.

WHERE WAS AYLEE WALTERS? SHE HAD TO GO AND CRY WITH THE OTHER GIRL OVER THIS. NO. IT COULDN'T END THERE. THIS HAD TO BE SOME SORT OF CRUEL PRANK! NO.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:20 am

Alright, Aoife was getting annoyed with everyone asking her about her makeup. "Well, what did you expect exactly?" Hunter pointed out, shrugging. "Did you really think you were going to just wander in here with all that on and nobody would notice?" Really, Aoife wasn't that dull. She had to know that she was the last person anyone would expect to wear makeup. As if it wasn't enough that she'd grown a ton. Hunter really hoped that when she took all of that stupid makeup off she'd just look like normal Aoife.

Then, she turned away from all of them and pulled out a book. A book! Aoife, reading a book during the feast on their first day back? What was going on exactly? Hunter contemplated snatching it from her grip, but decided against it. He didn't feel like getting hit at that particular moment.

Choosing to try to ignore her, Hunter went back to talking to Blake. A bit later, the sound of Aoife slamming something down on the table made him jump. Thinking she was playing a joke, he turned to her with a grin, but his smile instantly faded into confusion when he saw her sitting with her face in her hands. "Are you crying?" he asked her incredulously, too surprised to sound very sympathetic. "Why are you crying? What's going on?"

Hunter was actually starting to get a little freaked out from Aoife's strange behavior. First the makeup, then the book and now this. Was it the book? It must be, she'd pretty much thrown it. His hand instinctively raised to rest comfortingly on her back, but he was secretly thinking that she was being completely ridiculous. "Aoife, it was just a book," he said quietly to her, trying to keep his true thoughts out of his voice.
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 10:35 am

Ariel beamed at Kynan. "Yup, you got it right!" she said happily, thinking herself lucky that he had indeed remembered it. She then turned her beam to Hunter and Lyra. She then shrugged. "Yeah, I had to go find Darcy, so I lost him at some point," she said lightly, pretty certain he'd join them soon.

She looked at Aoife and smiled. "Well, you look really pretty," she said grinningly, "Just wanted to state that. And as for your half-finished question, my summer was pretty good, though slightly dull. My mother removed my jokeshop stuff…" She then jumped slightly as someone talked to her from her other side and she looked to see Blake having joined them. She sniggered. "Yeah, loads… What would my life be without you?" she said sarcastically.

She then noticed that Aoife was reading some book. She thought it was a bit familiar. Maybe Darcy had read it or something. Or her mother. And then Aoife was crying and seemingly pretty upset by something. And Ariel remembered how her mother had read that book and gotten pretty vexed by the end, and the rest of the day had been deeply affected by the book.

Ariel looked at Hunter as he said it was just a book. Ariel pursed her lips. That's what her father had said to her mother, and that had not turned out well… Ariel looked at Aoife in anticipation and braced herself for whatever that girl would say to Hunter now. And thankfully, at that moment, the feast started and food was in front of them. Maybe that would keep the situation at bay!
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: I LABORED OVER THIS AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD OF A POST >.<   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Aoife sighed impatiently. How she'd missed Hunter's STUPIDITY over the summer. "Obviously not! But it's not THAT big of a deal!" she shrugged. It was okay that people were surprised at first because she would be too in their shoes, but now they just needed to accept it. Who knew? Maybe she'd wear lipstick in the future. Not when she was eating, though, because it sucked.

"Thank you, ARIEL," she said, glaring at Hunter. "See, Ariel here is NICE." She turned around to listen to Ariel instead. "Oh," she said sympathetically. "Hunter can get you loads of free stuff from Zonko's, probably." Then she remembered her new job. "AND I CAN GET YOU FREE ICE-CREAM HOW AWESOME AM I VERY AWESOME." Haha.

Hunter just had to interrupt her dramatic moping over the most heart-warming and amazing book she'd ever read ever. That didn't mean much, though. She didn't read much. This was just to prove to Aylee that she wouldn't cry, but she still did. As usual, the Ravenclaw had been right. Aoife ignored Hunter and stayed where she was.

BUT THEN HE ASKED THE QUESTION. THAT GIT.

"JUST A BOOK?" she gasped, dramatically standing up and stomping her foot. She didn't particularly care that people were probably staring at her. He had OFFENDED JOHN GREEN AND THIS BOOK. However terribly it ended, it was still amazing and her one true love. Wow, she sounded like Aylee. Being in love with a book. Next step was falling in love with some evil git. Then she WAS Aylee. But that wasn't going to happen.

Back to shouting at Hunter. "YOU HAVE NOOOOOOO IDEA." He was probably too scared to read books like this. "THIS IS THE GREATEST BOOK EVER. EVER. GET IT?" she yelled angrily. "AND IF YOU EVER OFFEND JOHN GREEN OR THE FAULT IN OUR STARS AGAIN, I WILL BREAK YOUR NECK." Evil git.

Ooh, food was here. Aoife beamed and sat down as though nothing had happened, quickly piling up her plate with ALL THE FOOD ON THE TABLE.
Back to top Go down
Blake Ralston
Adult
Blake Ralston

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyThu May 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes Hogsmeade was going to be brilliant this year. "Pity you can't go Hogsmeade." He said turning to Ariel. He would have to go with Kynan or some of the others. He didn't fancy sitting around all day and watching Hunter and Aoife working since they had both decided to be mature and get jobs. "I like ice cream." Blake said pointedly when Aoife announced free things. He might not have been too fond of the girl, but he certainly liked ice cream.

Blake was getting seriously weirded out at this stage as it looked as if Aoife could go on crying for days and Ariel didn’t seem too impressed with Hunter’s tact. Why was she crying in the first place? That was the question. It was a book. Come to think of it Blake had never seen Aoife really reading for enjoyment before. It was usually himself who read, but he never once decided to go crying about one. Yeah it was sad when they ended if it was a good story but there was always another book to read. Maybe this was why Aoife was crying? Girls were weird was all Blake could determine, well maybe just Aoife, Ariel seemed to be normal enough. She was just staring pointedly at Hunter like he had said something wrong. Blake sighed and waited for the onslaught that was imminent. And yep there it was. Blake cringed and suddenly became very interested in the cutlery. "There's always another book to read." Blake said with sensible reasoning as he tried to help Hunter out and calm Aoife down.

Blake was so delighted when the food had arrived, he was too famished to watch the sorting unfold. He could care about the new students another time when food wasn't his first priority. Maybe all that was wrong with Aoife was that she was hungry. He hoped so and that the awkwardness would cease along with the tension that seemed to hang around the group when Aoife's appearance was mentioned. He wondered if that was the only reason Hunter seemed to be staring at Aoife like she was some new student to ogle. Did he forget that she was still the same old Aoife? Obviously her outburst, which had some more violent threats than usual, was enough to back that up.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Hunter wasn't sure why Ariel was looking at him like that. He hadn't said anything bad or anything. In fact, he thought he'd been rather nice by not pointing out how stupid  Aoife was  being. But apparently, Ariel had sensed something that Hunter hadn't, because the next moment Aoife exploded. She actually stood up in rage and stomped her foot and started shouting at him!

Hunter just stared at her, wide eyed,  for a moment before collecting himself. Well at least there was no doubt that Aoife was actually there under her new appearance. But as typical as her outbursts were, the reason behind this one was very odd.

Hunter's irritation rose a bit between being yelled at and his confusion over Aoife, and he was sure that it spilled over into his voice when he spoke. "Just calm down, okay? You're acting like a crazy person! Well, a craziER person... I didn't even do anything!" Honestly, if it was such a good book, why was she crying over it? And why was she so pretty, even when she was yelling and being ridiculous? And why was Hunter so confused and annoyed?

He sent an incredulous look in Blake's direction. Was he the only one who thought this was ridiculous? Honestly, what had he done? Thankfully, Blake was able to offer some backup. Though Hunter was grateful to have someone on his side, he suddenly had the feeling that Blake's interjection would get him a book to the head or something. Still, he sent his friend a thankful look.

OOC: Sorry that this post is such a failure, I'm on my phone and at work
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) EmptySun May 18, 2014 10:14 am

"Nooooo free ice-cream for evil gits like Blake!" Aoife chirped, beaming at him. In fact, if he ever came to buy ice-cream, she'd charge him double. Maybe that would get her fired, though. But he certainly was NOT getting free ice-cream like her and Hunter and Ariel and the twins would. "Free ice-cream is a reward for being nice." Not for saying mean things and criticizing her unique personality and sheep.

He hadn't done anything? "YOU SAID IT WAS JUST A BOOK!" Aoife exclaimed. "DO YOU THINK I WOULD CRY OVER JUST A BOOK?!" No, books were stupid and not worth distressing over. All except this one. She had very strong feelings for this book. She looked for Lyra for backup, but the other girl had wandered over to the Hufflepuff table in search of her sister. Oh well. It wasn't like she'd understand anyway. Only Aylee could help now.

Blake just had to interfere too. "SHUT UP BLAKE NOBODY LIKES YOU." Maybe in normal circumstances she wouldn't have been quite so harsh but in the heat of her anger, she wanted to scream. "And it's not like there are books as GOOD AS THIS ONE." Unless John Green had wrote any other books. That would be good, she hoped he had.

It wasn't worth stressing over these stupid gits anymore, just because they didn't understand good literature. "Nevermind, forget it," Aoife murmured as she sat down. Her plan was to eat as quickly as she could, then to go back to the Common Room and re-read TFIOS. Last year, they'd stayed up all night but she wasn't in the mood tonight. Especially since Hunter was being so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Feast! (OPEN)   Let's Feast! (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Feast! (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1