Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
 Research  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
 Research  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
 Research  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
 Research  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
 Research  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
 Research  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
 Research  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
 Research  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
 Research  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
 Research  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
 Research  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
 Research  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
 Research  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
 Research  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
 Research  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Research

Go down 
AuthorMessage
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Research     Research  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:36 am

James put back the book he had taken from the shelves of the Ravenclaw Tower private little library and started examining the rest of them. After a few minutes, he pulled out a volume named Rowena Ravenclaw: Behind the Legend and walked back to the desk he was working on, ready to continue his research for the homework Professor Clark had given them in History of Magic. Carefully opening the book, he began to read, regularly taking notes on a piece of parchment when he came across an important information about the founder of his house.

A while later, he stumbled upon an interesting detail that he didn't find in previous books. He read the passage again. Many achievements have been attributed to Rowena Ravenclaw throughout the years. Most of them are verified such as the fact that she designed a diadem capable of enhancing the wearer's wisdom. Others remain legends, such as the belief harboured by some that, during her countless journeys across the world, Rowena managed to discover the long lost library which is said to house the secrets of the origins of magic. However, this tale is as questionable as the existence of the library itself. James laid down his quill on the wooden surface and turned towards Aurora, who was sitting at the desk besides his, also conducting research. "How is it going?" he asked, slightly amused by the expression of deep concentration on her face.
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Aurora walked slowly among the shelves of the Ravenclaw library. Though not as large as the public library, some books, hidden carefully by Ravenclaw students of years long gone, could be found nowhere else. Aurora found a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages and leafed through it while heading to the study tables. It was a little out of date, and didn't include some of the newer brooms like Firebolts, but it would do for researching ancient broom games. When she reached the tables, she pulled out some of her parchment and began outlining the basics of the chapter.

James was sitting across from her, and after a moment asked, "How is it going?"

"Pretty well," Aurora answered. "Unfortunately, I can't find the list of kids who checked it out, because any Ravenclaws are allowed to take what they want. But my broomstick design turned out great!" she added enthusiastically. "How are you doing? I already finished my History homework. The subject is a lot more interesting than I thought. I wonder why Professor Binns left?" she asked, too late realizing that James would have no idea what she was talking about.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

"Unfortunately, I can't find the list of kids who checked it out, because any Ravenclaws are allowed to take what they want. But my broomstick design turned out great!" Aurora replied. Before James could say anything, she added: "How are you doing? I already finished my History homework. The subject is a lot more interesting than I thought. I wonder why Professor Binns left?".
"Not bad" James answered, glancing at his notes. "I'm almost done with the research about Rowena Ravenclaw, now I just have to write everything down in an essay." He paused for a moment, thinking about what she said. "Who is Professor Binns?" he inquired with an interrogative look.
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:38 am

"Not bad. I'm almost done with the research about Rowena Ravenclaw, now I just have to write everything down in an essay. Who is Professor Binns?" James asked, looking at her curiously.

"Oh, he was the History of Magic teacher for forever. He taught it, and then he died, and he came back as a ghost so he could keep teaching. Kinda weird, right?" Aurora answered.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:34 pm

"Definitely creepy." James replied, imagining how unsettling it would be to have a dead man for a teacher. But he then remembered that ghosts weren't so terrifying after all, and some of them even seemed friendly, like the Grey Lady, who as he had just discovered was the daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw. "Maybe he just got bored of teaching the same thing for all those years." he added with a smile.

"By the way, I think I can help with the list of students who borrowed Quidditch Trough the Ages." James announced, reaching for his school bag. "I still have a copy from the Library and I think I saw a borrowing log at the beginning." He took out the damaged green book and placed it on the desk in front of him. Carefully opening it, he slowly turned to the first page. As he expected, under Property of Hogwarts School Library, there were two columns, the first indicating the name of the borrower and the second the date due back. Even if the ink was almost erased at some places, the text was still readable. "Here" James exclaimed, inviting Aurora to come take a look, since the names were unfamiliar to him. Under the list, there was a note from Irma Pince, the Hogwarts librarian at the time, who promised to any student who would mistreat the book that "the consequences will be as awful as it is within my power to make them."

While Aurora was examining the list, he glanced at his flying lessons homework to see what exactly Professor Clark gave them to do. "So we have to find the names of those who borrowed the book, as well as their due dates, but at the time of Harry Potter." James scanned the names more thoroughly. After O. Wood, who was the first one on the list, there was a succession a some fifteen other students until he reached a familiar one, H. Potter. Nine other names followed, but after D. Malfoy, who also caught his attention because of Lucy, there was an interesting change. The next borrowers were all written in a much more visible and darker ink, which seemed to be more recent. "Have you heard about any of them?" he asked Aurora.
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:49 am

James handed Aurora the book so she could look up the names. "Thanks," she said and smiled.

"Have you heard of any of them?" James asked, looking at the borrowers.

Aurora scanned the list. "Oh, yes," she said. "Oliver Wood was the one who taught Harry Potter how to play Quidditch. Harry himself vanquished the Dark Lord, Voldemort. Hermione Granger was one of Harry's best friends, and Draco Malfoy, well, he was Harry's enemy at Hogwarts. He joined Voldemort at one point..." she trailed off, not wanting to give James a bad impression of Wade and Lucy.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 pm

"Oh yes" Aurora replied and started telling him about the some of the borrowers, who were mostly Harry Potter's friends or enemies. It was as if she had personally known all of them, which left James surprised since they were supposed to have attended Hogwarts a long time ago. Feeling somewhat uneasy when he heard Voldemort's name, he then listened to her evoke Draco Malfoy's allegiance and suddenly realized what Lucy meant by "clearing the family's name". "How do you know all of this?" he asked with an impressed smile.
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:43 pm

James smiled at Aurora and said, "How do you know all of this?"

"My dad is friends with Harry Potter," she explained. "But his kids have already come and gone from here. They're a lot older than me. They come over for tea every now and then. Besides, Harry's story is really famous now."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:39 pm

"Really?" James replied with amazement. Although he didn't know much about the tale of Harry Potter, it was clear to him that this wizard was one of the most celebrated figures on the recent history of the magical world. There even was a statue of him in the courtyard leading to the Clock Tower. "So you're sort of a star around here?" he added jokingly.

"And this... Draco Malfoy" he said, glancing at the borrowers list, "is he related to Lucy and her cousin?"
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

"Really?" James asked when Aurora was done talking. "So you're sort of a star around here?"

Aurora paled. "Oh, no, I hope not," she said. "I would hate that."

"And this... Draco Malfoy, is he related to Lucy and her cousin?" James inquired next.

"I assume so," Aurora responded. "I haven't asked her, but I've never heard of any other Malfoys."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 pm

"I assume so" Aurora answered. "I haven't asked her, but I've never heard of any other Malfoys."
"She did mention something about clearing the family name. I guess that's what she meant." James confirmed. He turned his attention back to the book lying on his desk. He wasn't really comfortable discussing family names, especially since Aurora seemed to know so much about the story of Harry Potter and Voldemort.

Suddenly, he remembered why he stopped reading in the first place. "Did you know that Rowena Ravenclaw might have discovered the ancient library Professor Clark told us about in History of Magic? Though the author seems to believe it's just a legend." he declared, examining the text. He then turned towards Aurora: "Do you think it really exists?". Professor Clark did warn them that many had sought the library and that no evidence had ever been found to confirm it wasn't just another myth. However, Aurora seemed to know a lot about the wizarding world and he noticed she had a particular interest in History of Magic, so he guessed she may have heard more about it.
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

James seemed to lose a bit of interest in the conversation, as he turned to his book. However, he quickly looked at Aurora again. "Did you know that Rowena Ravenclaw might have discovered the ancient library Professor Clark told us about in History of Magic? Though the author seems to believe it's just a legend. Do you think it really exists?" he asked.

"Really?" Aurora had never heard this, though it was quite interesting. "Wow. You know, it does seem like a legend, but somehow, I feel like it's not. Do you get that feeling, too?" She leaned over James' shoulder to read the passage. Others remain legends, such as the belief harbored by some that, during her countless journeys across the world, Rowena managed to discover the long lost library which is said to house the secrets of the origins of magic. However, this tale is as questionable as the existence of the library itself. Something in the back of Aurora's brain just seemed to tell her that the library was key, though in what she did not know.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 am

"Wow. You know, it does seem like a legend, but somehow, I feel like it's not. Do you get that feeling, too?" Aurora replied. "To be honest, I have no idea." he admitted, as she leaned over his shoulder. He waited for her to finish reading the passage, a bit uneasy by such closeness.

"But it would be really fascinating if it was real, wouldn't it? I bet that whoever would find it would become very powerful." he assumed. Suddenly, he thought of something. "You know, if Rowena Ravenclaw did find the library and profited from the knowledge it held, maybe that explains why she was so wise and intelligent and could create such powerful items like her diadem." he pursued, excited, recalling the details he had previously read about the founder of his House. James had always loved fascinating tales, especially legends, and he would sometimes get carried away by them. This tendency was even stronger now that he was in Hogwarts, where myth and reality seemed to intertwine at every step, often making it hard to tell the difference. Suddenly realizing he had gone too far, he added, in a somewhat disappointed tone: "But then if the library was real or if Ravenclaw found it I don't see how there would be no proof of its existence."

Last edited by James Riddle on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 pm

"To be honest, I have no idea," James said, pulling away from Aurora a bit. "But it would be really fascinating if it was real, wouldn't it? I bet that whoever would find it would become very powerful. You know, if Rowena Ravenclaw did find the library and profited from the knowledge it held, maybe that explains why she was so wise and intelligent and could create such powerful items like her diadem. But then if the library was real or if Ravenclaw found it I don't see how there would be no proof of its existence." He sounded a bit disappointed, so Aurora tried to think of a way to cheer him up.

"You know what?" she announced, slamming the book closed, sending dust flying every where. "I think we should ask someone about this. Someone who's traveled a lot, been there, done it, and who's very knowledgeable about magic." She smiled secretively at James. "Professor Umbranox. Let's go visit him now. Coming?" she asked as she picked up her bag and walked out the door, determined to find out more about this confusing mystery.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 am

"You know what?" Aurora asked, suddenly closing the book. "I think we should ask someone about this. Someone who's traveled a lot, been there, done it, and who's very knowledgeable about magic." James knew where she was going with this. "Professor Umbranox. Let's go visit him now." she finished, taking her bag and heading for the door. James remained on his seat, hesitant. He wasn't really looking forward to visiting their scary looking Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher outside of class, especially in the evening. Besides, he wondered if it was really wise to disturb the professor with stories about unverified old legends. However, he didn't want to appear as a coward in front of Aurora. Once she reached the entrance of the Common Room, she turned around and looked at him. "Coming?" she inquired. "Right behind you" James replied, grabbing his bag and following her down the Ravenclaw Tower stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Research  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research     Research  Empty

Back to top Go down

Research
Page 1 of 1