Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 Empty
PostSubject: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:40 pm

((Lucia has not yet entered the class, she will when the students have come))

On blackboard:
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Attempting, not to break the word he gave to his parents about doing better in school, Kynan arrived early to Potions. It wasn't his favourite subject, as he didn't like Professor Henley that much, but he did remember tampering with Evan's potion once so maybe he could do so again. It would save his boredom. Anyway, he wanted to learn to brew a cool potion. Like that lucky potion they'd gotten from Care of Magical Creatures! The little vial was still packed in his suitcase, waiting to be used. He has never used it so far. Being Aylee-like, he was saving it for something super-important-y.

Sighing, he chose a random seat to the back. Setting his bag under the desk, Kynan took out his books and parchments and quills. He admired his quill. Aylee had bought a rainbow-coloured one from Diagon Alley for him. It was like a peacock feather or something. Raising his eyebrows, Kynan "organized" his stuff and then leaned back in his chair to wait for Professor Henley. That was when he noticed the writing on the board. Elixir to Enduce Euphoria. Having no idea what it meant, he just looked away and waited.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 am

Maya entered the Potions room yawning to herself and rubbing sleep from her eyes. She hadn't gotten used to the routine of having to get up early for classes and she had sacrificed breakfast for precious sleeping time so she was in a pretty bad mood with the combination of being tired and hungry. Phew, at least Kynan was here. "Hey Kynan." Maya greeted while stifling a yawn. "Deciding to come to class this term?" She half joked, but she was glad. She could do with some company and a bit of a laugh to get her through this class and Kynan was the perfect person to provide that. She remembered some of the mischievous things he had gotten up to last term and and she bit on her lip, trying not to laugh out loud.

While setting her book on the table Maya read the board. Elixir to Enduce Euphoria, great maybe I could use some of that, she thought sarcastically to herself.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 pm

A yawning Maya was suddenly there, sitting next to him, and Kynan beamed. "Morning, Maya! Sleep well?" he greeted her. It was one of the first classes of the term, so she probably hasn't gotten used to waking up early yet, either. They were both alike, in a few ways, but Kynan was lazier according to what Maya said. "Why yes, yes I did!" he replied jokingly. "Apparently, Potions is a very very interesting subject that provides cool-looking drinking thingys that can do anything like turn your hair pink or anything!" Then he let out a small laugh and then asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" It was only a year before they would be asked that question by their Professors and Heads of Houses, and he suddenly felt curious. Besides, he wanted to know what his friends' goals and dreams were... well, Maya was basically his only friend. But whatever.

"Do you know what this Potion is?" Kynan inquired. In his first year, before he had met Maya, he had thought the girl as a boring know-it-all so she might know what 'Elixir to Enduce Euphoria' was. Or at least, have an idea of it. And he was bored, and what better way to spend the time waiting for Professor Henley?
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:56 am

"Ugh, morning to you too. What has you so chirpy? You do know that your in class?" Maya asked, dreaming of her comfortable bed. "Not really," Maya said, slightly exasperated. "Just not used to being back and sharing a room with other people. Same old story. What about you?"

Maya laughed at Kynan's description of Potions. It sounded like something Aylee would say, with just a few choice words forgotten. "Did Aylee make you say that?" Maya pretended to act astonished at Kynan's fake enthusiasm for class.

"What do I want to be?" Maya was momentarily stumped. "Ehm, I dunno. What is there to really do in the magical world?" She only really knew about professors and the people that worked in the wizarding shops she had visited. But she doubted Hogwarts would want her back and then there was also the Unspeakable thing that Morgana's father worked as. But that didn't sound very fun. "Oh a quidditch player would be seriously cool!" Maya exclaimed. "But, I suppose that's not very realistic at all. Oh I dunno. What about you?" She wondered had Kynan put more thought into his future than she had, well that wouldn't be very hard!

"Oh well I guess it's something that'll make the person who drinks the potion happy. It would probably be really exaggerated happiness." She guessed from the name. She hoped that they wouldn't have to test the potions on themselves.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Lucia looked to her left as she heard the clock toll. Nine. She smiled. Time for the lesson to begin. She walked out of her office and into the classroom, looking at the students that were already there. She noted that some were missing, but it didn't matter. She smiled to the students. "Hello, and welcome back to Hogwarts," she said kindly. She looked around one more time and waved her wand, making the chalk on the blackboard disappear, except for the name of the potion.

"We'll get started at once," she said quickly, "Now, what can you tell me about this potion? What are its effects and its ingredients?" she asked, looking at them.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Maya looked at the time when the professor walked in. Obviously she wasn't the only one struggling with getting up early again as a few people were late. For now it was just herself and Kynan, which could be fun. But it also meant she had to attempt to try and answer questions. Maya was pretty sure she knew what the potion did, that was an easy guess from the name. "The effect of the potion is to induce exaggerated happiness, it probably also cures depression for a time if that is the case." The ingredients were a little trickier. Maya racked her brains, trying to remember what potion ingredients would be appropriate. "Is there porcupine quills, sopophorous beans and possibly wormwood in it?" She knew she had come up short, but she was rusty after the holidays and it felt like Professor Henley had thrown a really tough potion at them. She hoped it wasn't going to be too difficult to make.

Maya was glad that the lack of attendance didn't deter Professor Henleys good mood, maybe she would be more lenient on them today and help them out?
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Lucia smiled at Maya and nodded. "Quite right, ms. Winchester. The potion induced a happiness that feels very real, but to people who knows you, it will look fake, because your highest extent of normal happiness will be multiplied by this potion. People who do not know you will simply think you're the happiest person alive," Lucia said, "And the ingredients are also correct, and in addition to those three ingredients, there is shrivelfig and peppermint sprigs. Ten points to Slytherin for your answer."

She didn't find it horrible to have such a small class, it was actually rather cozy, but she decided not to ask more questions as they might find them pressuring. So Lucia straightened up. "Now, let's get down to business, shall we? If you can find this potion in your books, you'll see all the necessary ingredients and process. Then go and get the ingredients and start brewing. If there's anything you're wondering about, just ask," Lucia said kindly and sat down behind her desk, looking on to see as they got started.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Maya was surprised that she had given enough information to warrant earning house points, but she wasn't about to complain. She nodded when the professor mentioned the other ingredients she had left out. She remembered them now!

Straight down to business and blunt. That was what she liked about professor Henley. Maya started immediately, knowing the sooner she started the sooner she'd be out here and enjoying lunch. Or possibly a bed and a nice nap. As soon as Maya opened the book she realised how tricky the potion was going to be. She sighed in exasperation to herself, wondering how much trouble she'd get in if she just left now she thought to herself as she dreamed longingly of her bed.

Finally pulling herself up from her desk she went in search of the ingredients. Once located Maya heated up her cauldron and began adding ingredients in the order that was instructed.  Stirring anti-clockwise four times and then anti clockwise again for another six rotations later on. The fumes had completely engulfed the room at this stage and the spell was quite enticing. So much so Maya wondered if she could sample her own and maybe feel extremely elated for some time. She was tempted to only that she wasn't very confident in her potion making ability that much.

All in all Maya was happy at how she brewed her potion when it was finally done. She placed a sample of it in a vial and placed the stopper on it, before putting it on Professor Henley's desk with a smile. She was actually quite happy with her work and how it turned out. She returned to her desk and began cleaning up, looking over to Kynan and wondering how long more he'd be.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Lucia smiled as Maya made her way up to her desk, giving her the sample. She looked at the flask and then back up as Maya was on her way back to her desk. "Ms. Winchester! Wait a moment," she said softly and then turned to inspect the potion further. She mumbled a spell and nodded in approval.

"You may take a sample for yourself, ms. Winchester. This potion is very drinkable. It won't have it's maximum amount of joy as it normally would've, but I daresay you will be very happy for at least an hour when you've drunk it. You don't need to drink it here and now, of course, but one day when you feel like it, you'll have a mouthful of it," she said with a smile.

"Also, the reason for why I won't let you keep more than a small flask, is because though you will feel joy, it will be a false joy, but even so, people have been known to get addicted to it. So beware, ms. Winchester. I will not be merciful should you get addicted," Lucia said lightly, "And 15 points for your excellent brew."

She then looked at the time. "The time's up, class dismissed," she said and stacked her papers, giving a friendly smile at her students before she vanished into her office.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Maya paused on her way back to the desk, trying to suppress a groan as she thought Professor Lucia was calling her back to tell her off about her potion. Maya did not need this, it was way too early. At least she had put in the effort to make the potion, Kynan appeared to have fallen asleep in the process. Although she couldn't blame him, the fumes were quite overwhelming at times in the dungeons.

Maya paused for a moment in front of Professor Lucia's desk, waiting for her to proceed. She wondered if her potion was that bad it wasn't even acceptable. But then the professor appeared to be nodding in approval and Maya grinned. Then the professor said she could actually take a sample and Maya decided that the class was definitley worth coming too. "Thanks professor." Maya beamed at the woman, sticking the sample in her pocket already thinking of all the uses it could be put to.

Maya gathered up her things and left the room, a grin plastered on her face at the fact that she had also earned 15 points for Slytherin. She was so happy she felt like she had already taken a sample of the potion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4   Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 7, lesson 1, year 3&4
Page 1 of 1