Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg Empty
PostSubject: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Aoife O'Donnell - First Year
Hunter VanDerberg - First Year

Time: Early September, 2026, Mid-Day

[/center

Aoife was panting as she reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. She'd run all the way up to the top of Gryffindor tower from the grounds and was absolutely exhausted. So...many...stairs. She muttered the password to the portrait, shaking her head slightly as she went into the Common Room. The young girl was still amazed the portraits moved and could be used as barriers. It was ridiculous, but totally amazing.

Upon spotting a cosy-looking armchair near the burning fire, Aoife dragged herself to the other side of the room and sat down. Why did she have to run? Because she was a hyperactive maniac of a first year, that was why. The chair was soooo comfortable. There had to be some sort of magic-y comfy charm on it.

THIS WAS SO BORING. After a couple of seconds, she was already bored of sitting quietly. The room was empty. Aoife needed someone to talk to or something to do. Lalalala. Maybe some of those icky jellybeans would help? She took out the box of Bertie Botts' from her bag, taking one and shoving it in her mouth. Eugghhhh, cauliflower flavour. She HATED cauliflower. With a passion. So it was only normal to shove another handful in her mouth to make the taste go away, right?

Suddenly the Gryffindor felt the desire to get up and dance, jump up and down. SUGAR RUSH YEAH! She sprung up from her seat and made the large room her own personal dance floor. YAY THIS WAS SO FUN!

This thread is for Hunter ONLY
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank God, Hunter thought as he slipped out of his robes and instead pulled on a faded pair of blue-jeans and a white tee. He just couldn't get over the absurdity of wearing robes - what was the point? He balled his up and tossed them into his trunk, slamming the lid down with his foot. He wouldn't need them for the rest of the day, as his classes had finished. He pulled his boots onto his feet and tucked his wand into his pocket before making his way down the stairs with every intention of finding his way outside.

Despite it's massive layout, the castle felt suffocating to him. It was dark and cold, and it made him feel completely cut off from the outside world. Hunter was used to the outdoors, and he spent most of his time inside trying to find a window so that he could see outside. Luckily, the grounds were at his disposal, and he spent as much time wandering around them as he could - he studied in the courtyards, climbed the trees by the lake and sometimes found a seat in the quidditch pitch to watch the teams practice. Anything to escape the confines of the castle.

As he came to the end of the staircase, he was met with an interesting sight - a tiny, red-headed girl was spinning and jumping around the common room. There was nobody else in sight. He recognized her from the sorting and knew that she was in his year, but he had never spoken to her before. Hunter raised an eyebrow at the girl and leaned his right shoulder against the doorframe, crossing his arms. He watched her with interest for a moment before speaking. "Having fun?" he asked with a grin, alerting her to his presence.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

SPRINKLER. OH YEAH. LET'S DO THE TWIST.

Aoife was such a great dancer. Who else could pull of these moves other than her? Cue Cartwheel. Then she started singing too. Well, it was more like shouting. The redhead thought it was a nice touch. She was multi-talented. "PARTY ROCK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT! EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TI-"
Who was it who dared to interrupt her party? Stopping, she put her hand on her hip and turned around, just to hear the end of his cutely little sarcastic statement.

"Yes, I'm having a great time. Would you like to join me, my dear floppy-haired unicorn? No?" Before giving him the chance to answer (he SO didn't deserve it), she went back to the sprinkler. After a couple of seconds, Aoife turned back round, curious at the floppy-haired unicorn in the room. Slightly confused, she tilted her head to the side, before moving slightly towards him at the door, advancing more and more until she was right next to him.

"How do you get your hair so floppy? OMG I am totally FANGIRLING right now! Can I touch it? PLEAAAAAASE?"
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Hunter watched on in amusement as the girl ceased her singing and dancing at the sound of his voice. She had turned around, hand on her hip, with an expression that clearly showed her annoyance at being interrupted in the midst of her solo dance party. His eyes widened slightly in confusion when she referred to him as a floppy-haired unicorn, but his grin didn't falter. This girl needs to get out more. Hunter was about to tell her that he wasn't really interested in joining her acrobatics, but she spun on her heel before he had a chance.

A few seconds later, the girl turned to face him again. The silence almost felt strange on the air after her antics, and he raised an eyebrow as she approached him. She reached his side, and he quickly realized the silence wouldn't last for very long. Hunter flinched slightly as the girl began to go on about his hair with a loud voice. He looked incredulously at her as she finished her rant by asking permission to touch his hair.

"Erm... I guess so," Hunter responded, shrugging at the girl and tilting his head slightly so that she would be able to reach it - she was so small. Despite his confusion, he smiled at the girl and introduced himself. "I'm Hunter, by the way. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Aoife squealed loudly. Opportunity of a lifetime! Without even blinking, totally focused, she touched the boy's hair, muttering something about how she used to want to be a sheep. That was her secret ambition, after all. "Wow," she murmured softly. The girl SERIOUSLY needed some tips on how to make her hair so floppy. Maybe it needed to be short. Well she'd cut it. Sacrifices must be made for ultimate floppy-haired-ness. "How do you do it?"

This dude deserved a hug for his hair. Why not? Aoife leaned in and stretched her arms around him. That couldn't be classed as weird, could it? Some people seemed to think she was weird. Pfffhhh. For some reason. Most people would've walked away by now, but this boy seemed like he was staying for a little bit at least.

"You're Hunter," she repeated, not really paying any attention for a couple of seconds. "Oh, I'm O'Donnell. Aoife O'Donnell." How cool was she? "Giraffe, sheep-lover, farmer, muggle-born, awesomecool." Aoife beamed. That could be her thing now. Her title and all that. Yeah. "So what about you, unicorn boy? Year? Favourite colour? Entire history? Favourite type of animal? Spill to Auntie Aoife, now." Cue welcoming smile. Which may have seemed slightly scary...

Last edited by Aoife O'Donnell on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Hunter stared at the girl, wide-eyed, as her hands instantly traveled to his hair, ignoring his introduction. Did she just say something about a sheep? He didn't even try to figure out what that was supposed to mean. He grinned slightly as she questioned him about his hair. "Erm... it's just like that," he responded. "I'm glad you like it, though?" His last sentence was more of a question than a statement.

Then, before he could react, the girl's arms were around him in a hug. His eyebrows shot up in confusion, but he felt the corners of his mouth turn upward again in amusement. This tiny girl was intriguing, that much was for sure. With a shrug to himself, he put an arm around her shoulder as she hugged him. Then, the girl seemed to remember to introduce herself. Hunter grinned at her as she finished her introduction, which had honestly made his own seem quite lame.

She shot him a smile, and despite his slight confusion concerning the girl, he responded easily. "Well, let's see," he said, thinking over her questions for half a second. "First year. Favorite color's green. Favorite animal, probably a dog. And how about a shortened version of the entire life history part?" he continued, offering her a smile. "I'm a muggleborn, too. I grew up on a farm in Asch, Netherlands. I have a brother and two sisters." Then, for his own humor, he added in, "We raise sheep."
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:00 pm

"YES I LOVE IT!" Aoife beamed. It was so cool how it was natural. Her own hair was boring now. She stopped hugging him. Otherwise he'd think she was weird. And she didn't want that. Well, she didn't particularly care what people thought of her, but she did want to stay in contact with his awesome floppy hair.

Great facts and life story. "I'm a first year too! Green's cool. My favourite colour too! SO much better than pink. Pink sucks. Dogs are good. We have two. Sheep are better. I like sheepdogs!" Aoife paused for breath, grinning because they were like TWINS. "YAY ME AND AYLEE AREN'T THE ONLY MUGGLEBORNS! WOW, I grew up on a farm TOO. But in Ireland. Irishpeopleland is the BEST. I have five siblings. they're all older than me. Meanies too. But I like them sometimes!" Sometimes she liked them. Not really her brothers. Occasionally, the Irish girl would miss them. "OHMYGOSH YOU RAISE SHEEP LIKE ME? WILL YOU BE MY BEST FRIEND OR MY TWIN OR SOMETHING PLEASE?" Mutual sheep love!
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:22 pm

The girl dropped her arms back to her sides and took a breath. Hunter had already learned to mentally brace himself for the outburst of words that were sure to be coming - he was right to. He had to strain his ears to keep up with her as she rushed through a few sentences. She paused to gasp for air with a big grin on her face before speeding through another few sentences. Hunter was proud of himself for understanding it all. He was surprised at how similar they were. This place was so weird that it felt nice to meet someone normal... or, at least someone who had come from somewhere normal.

He grinned at her reaction to his sheep comment and laughed. "Well, as cool as it would be, I'm not so sure that we could pull off twins," he said, putting his hand to his chin and pretending to think. "But I mean, it isn't every day that I meet another farm-raised, green-loving, sheep-raising person like myself, let alone in a place like this. That definitely can't be a coincidence - I'd definitely say we're best friend material."

He grinned at Aoife as he finished his sentence, shrugging in a nonchalant kind of way. So the girl was hyper and a little unorthodox - she had also amused him since she the moment he had encountered her and he was sure that she would be a lot of fun to be friends with. He was absolutely certain that there wouldn't be many dull moments with the little redhead around.

Last edited by Hunter VanDerberg on Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:36 pm

"Well, if you don't think so..." Aoife shrugged. "I'd just need to change my surname and get rid of my accent and make it Netherlands-y," she said, her accent possibly a bit more Irish than usual. Maybe
that part would be more hard.

She blushed. "Oh, I'm flattered," Aoife grinned. "And I don't LOVE green, just like it. I LOVE sheep and trees and rainbows and unicorns. It would be stupid to LOVE a colour. No offence. But anyway, yes, best friend material. If you REALLY don't want to tell people we're twins, then fine." The girl pretended to pout.

Aoife got down on one knee, beaming. "Hunter whatchuumicallit - I don't know your surname - will you be my best friend? Not forever, 'cause that'd be weird, we only just met. Maybe best friends for a couple of weeks? That could work and then we could expand the contract if we wanted to. Sorry I don't have a ring. That'd be good." Like, a friendship ring. Not a marriage ring or anything.

OOOH SHE COULD MAKE FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS. "How do you feel about friendship bracelets?"
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Hunter raised an eyebrow at the girl as she pleaded her case concerning the twin idea. His eyes glanced over her pale skin and red hair and he grinned. "Even if you could change your accent - Netherlands accents are much more awesome, of course - but even if you could, I don't think that there's a single person out there that you could fool into thinking that you aren't Irish." Everything about the girl just screamed Irish.

The girl's cheeks reddened pleasantly at his words, and she went into a short rush of words correcting him and informing him of the things that she did love. It wasn't a bad list, except for the rainbows and unicorns. He also didn't particularly love sheep to the same extent that she did, but he politely kept that to himself. She pouted again at his doubts concerning the twin idea and he laughed slightly. "It would never work," he said again.

Then, Aoife lowered herself to one knee on the ground. What was she doing? He looked on in confusion, but quickly realized where she was going with her actions. He felt a grin creep back onto his face as he watched the little redhead in amusement - yep, definitely wouldn't be a dull moment. When she'd finished her friendship proposal, Hunter lowered himself onto his own knees so that he was at the same level as her and spoke. "Of course," he grinned. Then, holding up one hand in front of him, he added comically, "But not for forever yet, like you said. I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of commitment."

Friendship bracelets? "Well, I don't normally wear bracelets..." he said, trailing off. "But if you make me one, I'll make an exception. Promise." He smiled at the girl again. "And my last name's VanDerberg, by the way. I figure if we're going to be best friends, you ought to at least know my last name." Hunter lifted himself quickly to his feet. "So, best friends then?" he questioned, holding his hand out to the girl to help her up.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:29 pm

"YOU LIAR IRISH ACCENTS RULE. And what do you mean? I'm a good actress," Aoife gasped, putting her hand to her heart and pulling a face. How dare he doubt her drama skills? "And I could be American or Australian, or Netherlandsish or ANYTHING. My English accent is already improving with all the English-y people here."

Aoife nodded seriously. "It wouldn't really work if I went back to Irelandland and you back to Netherlandsland 'cause I don't have an owl. I'm saving up for a wizard-y camera. And by the way, I'll get that friendship contract to you." She beamed at him. "Don't worry, I won't make you a bracelet. As long as you say IRISH ACCENTS ARE THE BEST!" Haha Hunter. Leprechaun pride.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:50 am

Hunter laughed at the little redhead in front of him. Her comments about her acting were entertaining - perhaps she was a great actress, but her Irish accent was easily distinguished. "Well, you would hardly need an owl seeing as we're both muggleborn. I could phone you. Plus, I'll be getting an owl over break! But, that's besides the point I s'pose. Would you be able to make your pictures move if you use a wizard camera?" He was really intrigued by the moving pictures around the castle and in his textbooks. Then, she continued about making a friendship contract. She was actually going to make a contract? Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, he thought to himself, grinning. Then, she promised not to make him a bracelet, on one condition.

"Never!" he responded, shaking his head. "I'd be ashamed to let such a lie come out of my mouth," he continued, grinning. "Dutch accents are obviously the best. I think I'd rather just take the bracelet. Just don't make it girl colors." If she makes it pink, I just won't wear it. He didn't think that she'd make it pink, though. She said she hated pink. Though, she might do it as revenge for his refusal to admit that her accent was better. Well, better to be sure. "At least, don't make it pink!"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:30 pm

"Good point. I don't have a mobile phone yet though. Just my house phone. It's so unfair. But we can't afford one at the minute. Maybe soon." It was a bit bad for her, but Aoife was fine because she didn't REALLY need one. She had the land line and a lot of people at Hogwarts wouldn't know what a phone was. They could still ring each other on her house phone. "I was reading about it and there's a special developing potion you need to make. I don't know how hard it is but I can always get some help from the Potions professor," she said quickly, beaming.

Aoife sighed. "Stubborn, stupid boy." She smirked, thinking of the bracelet she'd make him. He didn't want pink, but there were plenty of other colours. "Rose, sky-blue, lavender, purple, fuchsia. The possibilities are endless, Hunter." Hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:36 am

"I don't have a mobile, either. My parents promised to get my brother one next year for his birthday. But, Jack's a year older than me. That means I won't get one for at least two more years." Hunter shrugged as he spoke - it wasn't really that big of a deal to him. "I don't really have too many people to phone, anyway, outside of my family. And I see them all the time - though, it would be convenient to have a phone here. All this owling nonsense seems a bit illogical compared to phoning, if you ask me." He really didn't understand it one bit. Someone had told him that electronics didn't work in Hogwarts because of all the magic - but that still didn't explain why they hadn't come up with a better alternative than owling. "My sisters absolutely love when I send them letters from here, because of the owls, though. They're only nine - twins, actually. So when I write to them, I always pick out an owl that they'd like." Hunter smiled to himself at the thought of his family. He did miss them - he'd never been away from them before. He was home-schooled and everything back home.

Hunter raised an eyebrow at Aoife when she called him stupid, but he wasn't offended. It took a lot to offend him, and she wasn't really being mean. He groaned out load as she began to tick off all kinds of colors that would be equally as bad as pink. But still, he would never say her accent was better than his. Surrender would be worse than the bracelet. "Well," he said, "I suppose I'll just have to be the first boy in history to pull off wearing a rose, sky-blue, lavender and fuchsia bracelet." He grinned at the girl and squared his shoulders proudly to show that her girly colors weren't going to frighten him!
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 pm

She nodded thoughtfully. If Hunter didn't need one, neither did she. It was alright if he didn't have one either. Aoife just didn't want to be the uncool one without a mobile. "I know, it's odd. There must be a better solution, surely. Letters are fine but owls? It's probably animal CRUELTY or something," she mused. "You have twin sisters? And they're younger than you? You are SO lucky. I'm the youngest and it SUCKS. Oh, I should probably owl my family at some point. I did once but it was AGES ago."

Evil grin. "I'll start on the blueprints later." Maybe she wouldn't. Because girly colours made her feel sick. Green and red were coolest. But she wouldn't mention that to him.

"Hunter, can I ask you a serious question?" It wasn't that serious and Aoife honestly didn't care what he said but it made her sound more dramatic and sophisticated. And she sort of wanted to know the answer. "Do you think I'm weird? 'Cause Michael and Claire do. And sometimes my other brothers. But my niece Niamh likes me - hey, isn't it cool I'm an auntie? And my Auntie Bud. I don't mind if you say yes. Be honest." Another scary reassuring smile.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Hunter laughed at her envious tone when he mentioned his little sisters. "Yeah, Lynette and Lyra. They're alright, but they can be annoying. The follow me around everywhere, and they get everything they want. I'd much rather be the youngest. Or the oldest. My brother Jack gets to do all sorts of things before me because he's older. I'm stuck in the middle." Hunter shrugged. It wasn't really so bad - he didn't mind being in the middle too much, but he definitely got the short end of the stick some of the time.

He nodded when she mentioned owling her family. "Yeah, I've got to send something home, too. I promised my brother I'd send him some Bertie Bott's Beans. He doesn't believe that they're really every flavor." Hunter laughed, picturing his brother's reaction after shoving a handful into his mouth at one time. "Well, I suppose he'll find out when he thinks he picked a chocolate one and it winds up being mud. Anyway, let me know when you go to the owlery so I can go, too."

Hunter shook his head at her and sighed as she mentioned the 'blueprints' for his bracelet, but didn't argue with her. He'd just have to deal with that problem when he got to it. Maybe she'd have a last minute wave of mercy and make him a bracelet with boy's colors. A bracelet was girly enough on it's own. Then, Aoife's demeanor became more serious - she wanted to ask him a question that was apparently important. "Of course," Hunter said, shrugging. "I'm all ears."

He listened silently while she asked her question. When she was done, he tilted his head slightly, looking at the girl for a moment before answering. "No," he said finally, shaking his head. And he meant it. "You're not weird. Just different from most people, from what I can tell. And that's hardly a bad thing. You're not afraid to be yourself, which is more than a lot of people can say - that's probably why you ended up in Gryffindor in the first place. Besides," he added, glancing around himself at the moving portraits in the common room, "even if other people think you're weird, you're the most normal person I've met so far in this place." That was true, too. She was the first person he'd met that had lived a normal life before Hogwarts, like him.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm

"They're so lucky! I'm just about the least favourite child! And they treat me like a baby, even though I have a four year-old niece! But I'd agree with you about being the oldest. You get to boss the rest around." Ahhh, that was a nice rant. Aoife smiled. It was okay now. None of them were here to squash her and be mean and argue. But she did miss them sometimes, especially Niamh.

Really? That was SO nice! But she supposed it was true. Nobody else seemed to be normal. Well, there was others like Aylee and her friends, but only a couple who she'd met or heard of. "Thanks," Aoife murmured. FIRST HEART-TO-HEART CONVERSATION AS BEST FRIENDS. "I suppose...you're normal...ish too. I'm only joking." BEAM. Couldn't get any more normal than Hunter. A sheep-raising farmer. "But wait...what if this isn't me? And I'm pretending? And I'm really a boring English person who hates outdoors?" DUH DUH DUHHHHHH.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Hunter smiled at Aoife's reaction to his statement - He was glad that his answer had pleased her - but raised an eyebrow as she continued to say that he was normalish and laughed. "Yeah, well, that's really cool that you have a niece. That must be a lot of fun, being an aunt! That's annoying that they treat you like a little kid and all. I'm only a year younger than my brother, so my parents treat us about the same. Well, we get the same chores at least and everything."

What if she was pretending? He glanced over her obviously Irish appearance, and contemplated her strong accent and hyper tendencies. "Well," he said thoughtfully, pretending to think before answering her, "if that was true, and you were really a boring English person instead of a crazy awesome Irish girl, then I suppose I'd have to admit that you really are a good actress. The best I've ever met, actually. And of course I'd still be best friends with you, because you'd probably become famous one day for your supreme acting abilities and it would be pretty cool to be friends with a real actress." Hunter looked at her as though his answer was obvious. "But if that were the case, I'd only be friends with you because of your ability to become famous. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much as being friends with Aoife, the sheep-loving Irish girl who mistakenly thinks her accent is better than mine. He grinned at her, running a hand unconsciously through his hair.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 pm

"Mmm," Aoife agreed. "She idolizes me instead of my sister because Claire's mean. Which is funny since I'm hyper and a bad example." She stuck her tounge out, grinning. It was GREAT having a one-up on Claire. And Niamh scared to go anywhere near the teenager made loads of points for her.

Maybe she wasn't an actress, but she was observant, which was just as good. COUGH COUGH NOTICED THE FAKE THOUGHTFUL PAUSE HUNTER COUGH COUGH. But Aoife didn't mind. "OH HUNTER THAT'S SO KIND." Oops she'd meant to do an English accent. She could now instead. "MY name is Ay-O-E-FE-" because English people couldn't pronounce her name when it was written down "-and I am from LONDON." That was pretty good! Well...maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 am

Hunter raised an eyebrow at Aoife as she attempted an English accent, and laughed at her impersonation. The accent wasn't quite there, but otherwise, she was spot on. He chose not to admit to her that he probably wouldn't have pronounced her name right, either, if he'd seen it written down first. "Like I said," he grinned. "Nobody would buy that you aren't Irish." She had some work to do if she wanted her act to be believable.

"Did you say before that you have five siblings?" he asked her, recalling her words from before. "That's so many. I only have three and my house feels crowded. I couldn't imagine having five. Let alone, five older ones." He made a face thinking about it. It would be so strange to have that many brothers and sisters. "My house isn't very big. I share a room with my brother, and the twins share a room. My grandma lives with us, too, so there's even less room."
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm

"Yes! It's actually not as bad as it seems," Aoife shrugged. She was used to it, though, since it had always been that way for her. "My shack's small too. I share with my sister and my two brothers share. The oldest ones have moved out 'cause they don't like us." The girl stuck her tongue out indifferently but then a sad look flashed quickly across her face when he mentioned his grandma. Her grandparents were dead. Yeah. She remembered her grandad's funeral a couple of years ago after his heart attack. Before then Aoife had never been apart from him. The others had passed away before she was born. "What's your grandma like?"

So...awesomecool getting-to-know-you question for Hunter? "If you could have any superpower, what would it be?" It was hard for Aoife. Travelling back in time? Naah, who cared about Victorians? Seeing the future? That power must be overrated. Flying? No, she liked walking to places. Oh, of course! Sheep power! Whatever that was. She'd work it out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:49 am

Aoife asked him what his grandma was like was like, and he responded quickly. "Oh, she's great," he said, grinning at the thought of his grandmother. "She's absolutely crazy, and tons of fun to be around." His smile faded as he said his next sentence. "But she's gotten really sick this past year. She can't do much anymore. But she's still lots of fun to talk to..." Hunter trailed off, recognizing the sad look that had crossed Aoife's face. Oops. A concerned expression formed on his face, and he tilted his head. "I'm sorry," he said, a little awkwardly. "I didn't mean to upset you. Is one of your grandparents sick, too?" Maybe she had just lost one of them, but he didn't want to ask her that. He'd seem way too pushy.

"Hmmm, favorite superpower..." he said thoughtfully, looking up at the ceiling while he thought. "Well, it was always teleportation, but now that seems a bit pointless now because apparently older wizards can teleport. So that means it's not really a superpower. I've always wanted to be able to change into an animal! That would be a cool one! I wonder if there's a way to do that if you're a wizard!" He stopped for a moment to think about what animal he would turn into... "I think I'd want to be a wolf, or a lion, or something equally awesome," he said confidently. He had a strange feeling that if Aoife could turn into an animal, she would turn into a sheep. The thought made him laugh. "What about you? What would your superpower be?"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Aoife trailed off. She hadn't meant to turn their conversation into one of those icky serious things. They were eleven - life was supposed to be fun. Most of the time. "Well...not exactly." Yeah. This WAS awkward, wasn't it? "They're all dead." Maybe she could use her wizard powers to bring them back. Get back in there, tear. Crying was for wimps. Not strong, awesome sheep-farmers like Aoife. The tear wouldn't get back in, though, like in that movie she watched. She swallowed, looking down.

Yeah, it was a hard question, right? But sheep power forever. "Can they? I didn't know that! Because if they can, they MUST be able to turn into animals. Wizards can do EVERYTHING! Wolves and lions are too loud. I'd be a giraffe. Or a sheep. Or a platypus. They look cool." And sounded cool. PLATYPUS! Aoife's superpower? Sheep power, whatever it was. "SHEEP POWER! It...ummm...raises awareness of sheep in the world! Wait, that sounds like the charity I'm going to make, The Sheep Foundation. It...CAN TURN ANYONE INTO A SHEEP NOT JUST ME!" Yes. That was IT. Aoife was on a ROLL.
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:32 am

Hunter watched the little redhead quietly while she explained. "No, don't be sorry," he said with a sympathetic expression. He couldn't imagine losing his grandma, but he worried about it a lot and was sure that it would be awful. "That's terrible, I'm the one who should be sorry for bringing it up." Wait, was that a tear? Yes, it was. "Oh no, Aoife, don't cry," he said quickly. Ugh, leave it to me to make a girl cry the first time I meet her. Way to go, Hunter, he thought to himself. Without thinking, he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her shoulders like he would if one of his sisters was sad, hoping to comfort her. "It's okay," he said. Hunter had a knack for making people feel better - well, that's what his mum told him, at least.

Hunter nodded enthusiastically when she said she didn't know wizards could teleport."Yeah, they can! It's called aborating, or something like that, I think. But you have to be old to do it." He was slightly surprised that Aoife's animal of choice was not one hundred percent sheep. He raised an eyebrow at her as she contemplated turning into a platypus. Maybe she wasn't as obsessed with sheep as he thought. Then, she rushed into an explanation of how her superpower would, in fact, be sheep power. He couldn't hold back his laughter as she explained her idea for a sheep charity. "The sheep foundation?" he said, still laughing. "You should become a sheep whisperer," he suggested. "You know, like the dog whisperer, or the horse whisperer, but with sheep. You could be famous!"
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Aoife just sobbed into his shoulder, getting all the more worked up because she didn't want to be crying. It was weak and she was doing her best to stop but failing miserably. She pulled away from the hug, just because she was pretty sure she'd left a patch of snot on his shoulder. Letting out a small giggle at this, she wiped the tears away. DON'T WORRY ABOUT A THING CAUSE EVERY LITTLE THING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT. That made Aoife feel slightly better, along with Hunter. Which was weird, because boys were stupid and mean and always TRIED to make her cry. But maybe that was just her brothers. "I'm fine!" she announced.

"Old? That is SO unfair. You have to be old to do EVERYTHING. What's wrong with little people?" Was Aoife not mature and RESPONSIBLE enough to aborate? Rubbish. Wizards could be MEAN. But she forgot her anger when Hunter mentioned her IDEAL job. "Sheep whisperer? That's a good idea! Then I won't have to be an actress to be famous and I can do something I'm GOOD AT!" Sheep did seem to be attracted to her, so that would be the best thing EVER. "But then how would YOU be famous? Can you sing? Or dance? Because you have to be famous too, or else it isn't fair!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg   TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg Empty

Back to top Go down

TERM 6 - A New Friend - Gryffindor Common Room - Aoife O'Donnell, Hunter VanDerberg
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next