Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Alyssa had just escaped her potions class, her last class of the day, and internally groaned at the amount of homework that was waiting for her in her schoolbag for the next day. Rather than returning to her common room, where she knew she would probably toss her homework aside and take a nap, she decided to head to the library. She hadn't been in the library yet since arriving at Hogwarts, and she was actually slightly surprised at herself - Alyssa loved to read.

She climbed the narrow passage from the dungeons to the entrance hall and made a left, finding herself on the staircase. She still couldn't get used to the fact that the stairs moved. She glanced around the staircase area. She knew the library was on the second floor, but there were at least three doorways that let out on the second floor. With a sigh, Alyssa made her way to the one that looked most promising. She opened it a crack and slipped through it, finding herself in a long corridor lined with various suits of armor.

She began down the corridor, passing several students on her way, and looped around a corner, expecting to find the library nearby. She hadn't expected to wander the halls for a full half-hour - was she even on the second floor? She had to be, but the staircases were so confusing that she wasn't sure. Alyssa let out a frustrated breath of air and leaned against the wall next to a portrait of a frog, sliding down it to sit on the ground. "There should be street signs or something in this place," she muttered to herself, glaring at the stone wall in front of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:43 am

Hogwarts was just as amazing as Lillian had dreamed. The subjects were so interesting, the teachers were amazing, and sitting there with the knowing that she was on her way to her childhood dream of becoming the greatest witch ever was happening right now made the halfblood girl want to explode with happiness.

After her very long but very interesting Transfigurations class, Lillian was still in such a happy mood and it seemed as if it would never go away. Adding a bit of hop to her walking, the 11-year-old knew that it was time for an hour or so long break before her next class. It was quite different from a Muggle school, where she went for a few years. But Lillian didn't mind in the least. Even homework would be fun -- it was magic, who wouldn't think so?! But the teacher had left quite a bit of homework, and she needed to use the library for some books.

Stopping briefly by the Gryffindor Tower to drop off some things and grab her homework, a light snack, and a quill with ink(after lingering a bit, of course;; the views from the tower were beautiful), Lillian began to make her way back to the moving staircases, her destination being the second floor. She had practically memorized the school out of sheer eagerness, which just proves how ecstatic she was. Pushy, maybe, but still -- useful for later. And it proved to be useful now.

Arriving at the nearest stairs, Lillian paused and walked over to the railing and peered over the edge, watching a couple staircases move beneath her. It was odd, watching this, and mesmerizing, as she found herself continuing to stare for a few minutes before snapping out of the happy daze.   She began to descend the stairs, before she realized someone was lying against the wall with a frustrated look on their face, not too far away. "Hey!" the halfblood girl called out instinctively, a smile appearing on her face. By the looks of it, something was clearly wrong -- and that's why she should help. Lillian quickly stepped down the rest of the steps and hurried over. "Y'look frustrated. Something wrong?" she offered another smile, but this time a bit more shy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:59 am

Alyssa was in the middle of complaining to herself about the confusing layout of the school when a voice broke her concentration. At first, she didn't realize that the voice was speaking to her, but when the sound of quick footsteps approached her, she understood that she was being addressed. She looked up into the face of a girl her age with long, chocolate colored hair. One look at the girl's robes told Alyssa that she was a Gryffindor. She gazed evenly at her as she questioned if there was anything wrong.

"Of course not," she said indignantly, meeting the girl's eyes. They were friendly, and the girl seemed genuine, but Alyssa was not the type to ask for assistance - especially from a Gryffindor. "I'm just on my way to the library." Before the words were even out of her mouth, she regretted saying them. Anyone with a brain could see that she was not on her way anywhere, being that she was sitting awkwardly on the floor.

Gathering her feet under her, she pushed herself into a standing position, flipping her long, blonde hair over her shoulder with a swish of her head. The girl was taller than her - which Alyssa hated to admit was because she was so short - and she still had to look up slightly to look at her face. While she recognized her vaguely, she wasn't sure of her name. She reached down to grab her bag, she shouldered it. "I'm fine," she repeated, nodding her head to the girl and turning on her heel to stride away from her in search of the library once more - of course, she had no idea that she was, once again, walking in the entirely wrong direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 am

Lillian was taken a bit aback by the girl's words -- and robes. She was a Slytherin, no doubt, but she was also lost -- That much was obvious. "Then why were you sitting there?" the halfblood girl asked politely, the smile slightly fading from her face in confusion. But before she could register anything else, the Slytherin girl stood up, said she was fine, and began to walk off, but Lillian had other plans.

"No, wait!" she called, her eyes now twinkling from the idea that popped into her head. She dashed forward, clutching her homework tightly and skipped in front of the girl. "I can go with you! I was just on my way to the library too. I got a bunch of homework from Transfigurations -- look, see -- and I have to study a bit." Lillian paused for breath, her faded grin now back and glowing brightly. "My name's Lillian, by the way! D'you mind if I come with you to the library?"

It was perfect -- perhaps this girl was smarter at Transfigurations then she was. Maybe a study buddy? Excited thoughts swirled inside the 11-year-old's head as she now walked beside the slightly shorter Slytherin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:35 pm

Alyssa had ignored the girl's question as she stood, but hadn't made it more than a few steps before the Gryffindor called after her. A moment later, she was at Alyssa's side. Alyssa looked over as the brunette joined her; she didn't speak, but raised her eyebrows expectantly as she waited for the girl to explain why she was following her. The girl continued in a rush of words, suggesting that they walk to the library together.

Before Alyssa could disagree, the girl took a breath and continued with a grin on her face. The Gryffindor introduced herself, as though she had forgotten, and asked again to join Alyssa on her walk. Alyssa slowed to a halt and gazed incredulously at the girl - she couldn't imagine saying so many words in so little time. She opened her mouth to tell the girl that she wanted to walk by herself, but hesitated. She did need help getting to the library...

Making up her mind, Alyssa took a light breath and shrugged her bag more securely onto her shoulder. "I'm Alyssa," she said, hoping her voice didn't sound too forced. She shrugged and continued. "I guess you could come with me, if you want." She was about to take a step when she realized that she still didn't know where she was going. She hesitated, hoping that Lillian would take the lead - the last thing that Alyssa wanted to do was admit that she didn't know the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:53 am

Ecstatic by the Slytherin(who now introduced herself as Alyssa)'s response, Lillian's eyes gave their signature twinkle and matched with another smile. "Of course I want to," the halfblood girl chirped happily, pausing briefly yet again to readjust the homework still clutched tightly in her hands, "and it's great to meet you, by the way!" She began heading the short distance back to the moving stairs, but when she looked over her shoulder, she was surprised to see the Slytherin hesitating.

Lillian stopped skipping and now stood, with an expectant look on her face before remembering that Alyssa had been lost. The 11-year-old let out a small laugh. "Well, come on, then! I'll lead the way. I know the way to every place here in Hogwarts by heart, that way I can make it to classes on time." She began to walk again with the same little hop from before, but not until she motioned for the other witch to follow. "The library isn't too far from here, we just have to go up to the third floor -- I'm not too sure why you were heading towards the second. Did you forget something?" the Gryffindor decided to pretend that she didn't know Alyssa was lost, feeling that it would put aside any embarrassment.

It wasn't as if the duo had already gone a mile away from the staircases.. but Lillian hadn't realized how fast she was skipping and how she probably had to make Alyssa hurry to catch up(before she stopped, that is) until now. Glancing through a nearby window, she saw it was still light, but it was darker then she last checked. The library closed at.. 8, or around there, so the pair would probably have to move a little faster if they wanted more time. But she wouldn't say so aloud to the Slytherin -- it would seem like Lillian was rushing her, and if her mother taught her anything, it was to be polite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 2:17 am

Alyssa observed Lillian's eyes light up as she accepted her offer to accompany her, and tilted her head slightly. "Nice to meet you, too," said Alyssa to the girl's back as she rushed toward the stairs. She raised an eyebrow at the girl as she beckoned her forward, declaring her superior knowledge of the school layout. Taking a deep breath, Alyssa followed, her eyes gazing at the girl with a mix between indignity and amusement.

When the girl led her up the stairs, Alyssa mentally kicked herself - she had been on the wrong floor! No wonder she couldn't find what she was looking for. She glanced over at the girl when she spoke again, trying to appear nonchalant when Lillian asked her why she had been heading to the second floor. "Yes," she lied smoothly, reaching a hand up and running it lightly through her hair. "I was going to run back to the charms classroom to ask Professor Fenech something." Not her most believable lie, but it would do. "It wasn't important, though. It can wait."

She continued to follow at a brisk pace. She hoped that after all this, they would make it to the library in time to make a dent on her homework. She had to work on her Charms and her Transfiguration, and she hoped to get a good chunk of it accomplished before the library closed. She increased her pace so that she was walking side-by-side with Lillian, inclining her head to look at the Gryffindor with slight curiosity. As the brunette skipped along the corridor, Alyssa wondered how could someone be so happy? Shaking her head, she refrained from comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Lillian's smile turned into a look of surprise. "Oh, I see." she answered, unable to hide the hint of confusion in her voice. Alyssa seemed sure of herself.. perhaps the Gryffindor assumed too quickly. Maybe she really did need to ask the Professor something. Glad that whatever it was the Slytherin wanted to ask could wait, Lillian began to hum cheerfully to herself as she led the other witch towards the next staircase leading to the destined floor.

After making sure that Alyssa was still right behind her, the halfblood girl waited the short time as the staircase moved before walking with the same little hop from before towards the top. "So!" the Gryffindor said brightly, now once again walking beside the other witch. If they were going to the library together, then why not talk a bit? "Is this your first year at Hogwarts?" Lillian asked, a touch of genuine curiosity in her tone. It would be nice to know if the two were in the same year together, even if Alyssa was giving her some amused stares.

The girl paused before adding, "You're in Slytherin, right?" Back at home, when she was younger, the 11-year-old was told that 'Gryffindors were the bravest, Ravenclaw the smartest, Hufflepuff the kindest, and Slytherin the meanest and most powerful.' Of course, that was simply her parents' opinion, but judging from Alyssa so far, she didn't seem mean at all. But.. the brunette did just meet the other girl, and had to remind herself that she shouldn't assume too quickly.

Still, though, it would be nice to prove her parents wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Alyssa felt a small touch of guilt hit her as the Gryffindor hesitantly believed her lie, since the girl had thus far been kind, but she remained stoic, keeping silent as they came to a halt to wait for a staircase to move. Lillian took off upward confidently when it had locked in place, and Alyssa gazed at her with slight amazement. How did she know so certainly where she was going? Shaking her head, Alyssa followed without hesitation.

The brunette spoke up as they walked, and Alyssa inclined her head to listen to the girl. The question was easy enough, and Alyssa didn't hesitate to respond. "I'm a first year, yeah," she said, turning to look at Lillian while she spoke. "And so are you, if I'm correct." Alyssa knew she was correct; she remembered watching the girl be sorted while she still waited in line for her turn.

When Lillian stopped speaking for a moment, Alyssa raised an eyebrow at the girl in curiosity - she had barely stopped speaking since they'd started for the library. Alyssa smirked slightly when Lillian asked her next question - she should have expected it, of course. Yet, she was surprised that there was no sound of loathing in the girl's voice when she questioned her about her house. "I am," she said. "Guess that makes us mortal enemies, then, doesn't it?" she added, shrugging her shoulders comically.

Typically, Alyssa wasn't one to humor others, but something about the other girl's innocent attitude had her intrigued, so she continued talking after a moment's hesitation. A slight change in her demeanor was apparent as she relaxed into speech. "My mum thought I'd be in Ravenclaw," she said, reaching a hand up to twirl the end of her hair around her finger. "My sister's a Ravenclaw, and normally siblings wind up in the same house. Guess my family's the exception - my brother's in Gryffindor, but I knew I wouldn't end up there. I suppose I knew that if any of us would be in Slytherin, it would be me... Alyssa trailed off slightly, shrugging again, and looked down. Do you like being in Gryffindor? she asked, diverting the attention from herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:11 am

Lillian beamed, nodding once to approve. "Yep, me too!" She was certainly delighted to hear that she had just met another witch her age and in the same year, and the mere thought of not technically being alone in the awfully large boarding school brought a bit of comfort to the halfblood. The smile lingered for quite a bit and then blossomed into a sweet laugh. "I would hope not." she said with a broad grin, perhaps thinking that if she stopped smiling the world would crumble into a never-ending depression.

Then the brunette listened to the other first-year as she began to open up just a bit and speak about her siblings. A twinge of envy formed in the Gryffindor's stomach ; she had been an only child, and had always wanted siblings. But those feelings were quickly put aside and turned into a hint of concern as she noticed the slight disappoint laced in Alyssa's voice. "Slytherin isn't bad." she said suddenly, as if trying to convince her far-away parents and the redhead as well.

Then the attention was riverted to the brunette once again, and at the question Lillian give a bright smile. "Oh, yes," the halfblood chirped, "it's fantastic. Everyone I've met in my own House so far is so nice ~" She was about to more than likely ramble about how she thought Gryffindor was the sweetest of the houses rather than the bravest before pausing. She ought not to, as maybe Alyssa would get somewhat uncomfortable. So instead, Lillian offered another of her signature smiles and passed the attention to Alyssa again as she asked, "Do you like Slytherin?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)   I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Can't Believe I'm Lost (Lillian)
Page 1 of 1