Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Lucia walked into the storage room of the dungeons and looked around, finding the necessary ingredients to the potion the fourth years would make today. She smiled, waved her wand and maneuvered the ingredients onto her desk. She sat down behind the desk, waving her wand again, but this time at the blackboard which quickly wrote down her name and the name of the class, as well as the potion they would make.

Blackboard:

She leaned back in her chair, waiting for the students to assemble in a soft silence, very patiently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Auden walked into the potions classroom very excited. She loved potions and learning. Auden noticed that there were no other students so she just plopped her self down.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm

The dungeons seemed too cold and scary to Aylee's liking. It was her first time down there and she was clutching her schoolbag tightly as if expecting someone to jump out and attack her. She headed towards where she was told the Potions class was. After about four years of signing up, she never got to go to a Potions lesson so she was very excited today. It took about ten minutes to find the class. When she did, Aylee entered and was greeted by the cold-ness of the room. She tried hard to ignore it as she found a seat at the back of the class. She piled out her books, quill, ink bottle and parchment in front of her and looked up at the board.

Lucia Henley, Aylee thought, looking at the Professor sitting at the teacher's desk. The two had gotten off on the wrong foot when Professor Henley had caught Aylee, James and Morgana out in the corridors at night. She had heard that the Professor formerly taught Herbology last year, then resigned to apply for Potions. The thought made her continue reading the writing on the board. Wit-Sharpening Potion? she thought, frowning. Never heard of it. So she just sat there, quietly, waiting for the lesson to start.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 am

Ryland hurried to the Potions classroom, feeling a bit nervous about this subject. Potions had never been his best asset so he had been trying to improve over the summer yet he hadn't been lucky. Most of the things Phoenix had tried to teach him ended up exploding or simply leaving the kitchen smelling terrible.

He walked in with a gloomy mood about the subject, already predicting his failure. "Hey Aylee. Hey Auden." he greeted the two girls already in the room before taking a sit next to Aylee at the back of the room. Crossing his arms on top of the desk, he rested his head.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Auden turned her head when Ryland said hello. "Hey Ryland. Hi Aylee, I didn't even notice you where here! Sometimes I space out so much." Auden said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Lucia checked her clock and smiled at the three students that had assembled. She straightened up a bit and cleared her throat. "Hello, I'm Lucia Henley and I shall be your professor of Potions this year," she said kindly, happy to declare it herself.

"Let's get straight to business, shall we? Who here knows what the Wit Sharpening potion is, and what three key ingredients is necessary to make it?" she asked, wondering if any of them would know.

(OOC: Sorry for short post... Too tired to do any more than this)
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Aylee was flipping through her Potions book, looking up the Wit-Sharpening Potion to see what it was about, when she heard a voice next to her. She almost jumped, yet she remembered that voice, it was Ryland. "Hi," she greeted the boy as he sat down next to her. Then Auden turned around and greeted them both, and she said, "Hey, Auden." before looking back at the book. Then Professor Henley started the lesson soon after that, and Aylee closed her book quickly before she raised her hand and said, "It's a potion that allows the drinker to think more clearly and the key ingredients are..." she paused, struggling to remember them. "Armadillo bile, ground scarab beetles and cut ginger roots, I think."
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Lucia smiled when Ms. Walters raised her hand and replied to the question. Considering the fact that Lucia got off on the wrong foot with Ms. Walters, she was really happy about this. "Quite correct, Ms. Walters. Five points to Ravenclaw," Lucia said happily. She briefly looked over the two others, noting that one of them was another Ravenclaw and only one was a Gryffindor. Her old house. She frowned. No favoring one student over the other now! She laughed internally at herself and then returned to the matter at hand; probably not a good idea to fall into a daydream now.

"All right then. Turn you textbooks to page 37, and you will find the ingredients necessary for the potion, as well as the instructions. As you can see, I have a very varied set of ingredients up here. It is your job to choose the right ones and take them to your seats. When you have, you may start to brew the potion. You will quickly discover if you've chosen the wrong ingredients. Don't worry, this is just a brief test. No grades or point-withdrawals," she said softly.

Page 37:

"All right, you may begin. You have thirty minutes," Lucia instructed, well prepared with both antidotes and her wand. Not to mention her phoenix not so far off.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:58 am

Even though Professor Henley said that there weren't going to be any point-withdrawals, Aylee was still nervous. She opened her book to page 37, like the Professor instructed, and went over the list of ingredients before walking over towards the potions cupboard. And then she started searching for the Armadillo Bile, looking through many different bottles until coming across a green one. She took it out and saw the words 'Armadillo Bile' on the label. Alright, one ingredient down, Aylee thought as she held it in her hand, and then looking for a ground scarab beetle. It's a beetle, she thought, scanning through the ingredients. And it's found in the ground. So it's a brown beetle, I think? But instead, she found a ginger root. She remembered one time in Muggle school where they were learning about one country's traditional food and their teacher had shown them pictures of common ingredients used there. Ginger root was definitely one of them. So, another ingredient down. I hope, she thought. After a few more minutes, Aylee managed to track down the ground scarab beetle. Ew, she thought as she lifted it with her fingers. Dead beetles. Ugh.

And with the three ingredients she walked back towards her table at the back and dumped the ingredients on it. Aylee then looked at her book again. Allows the drinker to think more clearly, she thought. I need that. She sighed before dumping her Ginger Root into the cauldron and started to mix.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Ryland gave a sigh of relief as Professor Henley announced it was only a practice activity and wouldn't count as a grade. Potions was the Gryffindor's worst nightmare. He read the description of the potion slowly, taking his time, and then read over the ingredients necessary.

He walked over to the cupboard with his book in hand, making sure to not get the textbook dirty or to knock something down. The first ingredient he found was the scarab beetle. He lifted the dead insect and placed it on his book, following the labels on the other bottles and boxes to find the next two ingredients.

He saw Aylee's reaction when she found the beetle, and he let out a soft chuckle. The next thing he found was the ginger root, which he had found rather quickly because it seemed to be a very common ingredient. The last one was the armadillo bile. He quickly turned back to his table and began to work on the potion.

He dumped the ginger root into the liquid it turned into a soft shade of green. As far as he knew, he was on the right path. He then mixed in the armadillo bile and watched the liquid turn from green to blue, though it was a faint tint. Frowning, Ryland began to feel self conscious about his work. And it's only the second step! He decided to add the beetle either way and the liquid soon turned into a blood red shade.

Slightly worried, Ryland dumped more armadillo bile until the liquid became yellow. Okay. It's not dark green. It's not dark green... He thought. With the addition of more ginger root, Ryland half expected it to turn black and explode, but instead it turned into an ugly green. Still, he added in the armadillo bile he had left and watched it turn into a deep, almost blue, shade of purple. Ryland realized his palms were sweating, but he figured that if it was to explode it might as well be now.

He left the potion alone finally, glancing at the others' work. They seemed much less worried than he was. The ten minutes passed painfully slow but he managed to remember that the time had been up about two minutes ago. He added the ginger root again and watched the liquid turn red. RED. It was a deep, wine-colored type of red.

Ryland groaned and imagined himself throwing the cauldron's liquid out the window.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Something was wrong. Immediately after she started mixing, Aylee's potion didn't have the slightest hint of lime green. Instead, it turned bright yellow. Is it too much Ginger Root? Or not enough? she started fretting, and found herself adding a bit more Ginger Root, just to be safe. The yellow turned a bit darker, but nothing more. She added in more Ginger Root and mixed it. Mix, mix, mix. It turned green, but not lime. So she shrugged, deciding that she didn't want to waste more time on the first step.

She opened her bottle of Armadillo Bile and poured it all in. And then Aylee mixed again, mixed again. It was sky-blue. Wait, what kind of blue are we supposed to have? Did I put in too much bile? she thought, then shrugged. She'd have to make the best of it. Well, now she had to put in the beetle. Ew, she thought as she picked up the insect again and threw it quickly into the cauldron. It made a tiny splash. She mixed. Mix, mix, mix. Little Mix, she thought, thinking of that one popular Muggle band. And then she found herself humming. The liquid turned blood red. Honestly, she hated that colour. She hated seeing blood. She had fainted once when her cousin her made a small gash on his forehead. Aylee shivered.

Then she had to put in more Armadillo Bile. But she had put in the whole bottle. So she quietly, and a bit panicked, slipped off towards the students cupboard and got more bile. And she came back, dumped a bit of the liquid in the cauldron and mixed. More humming, but her voice was soft so you could barely hear her. Her potion turned into a mix between red and yellow. Kind of like orange, but like a deadly orange. She put in more until it was dark yellow. Then she decided that it was enough bile. Ginger Roots now, Aylee thought, and dumped a few of the cut up roots into the potion. More mixing, more quiet humming. Her potion was now lime green. Pride was swelling up inside her chest. She was surviving.

More Armadillo Bile. Mixing. Quiet humming. She had almost put in more Ginger Roots by accident. Her head wasn't thinking clearly now. Her potion turned dark purple. Aylee then laid her back to rest in her chair and sighed. Ryland was next to her, and waiting for the potion to simmer too. The ten minutes passed slowly. She hadn't even been keeping track until about a minute after she saw Ryland bending over his own potion. Aylee sat up straight in an instant and immediately put in more Ginger Roots. There were some splashes. Mixing. More mixing. The liquid wasn't turning orange. It turned green. More Ginger Roots. This felt like an Art lesson. Worrying about colours. She barely knew that she was dumping in more Ginger Roots before she did. Her potion turned orange. Not dark orange- it was the bright, loud, neon orange. She hated that colour. She stole a glance at the potion next to her, Ryland's. It was red. Then she looked back at her own potion and started to panic. Maybe it was too much Ginger Roots, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Lucia looked at the two hard workers and smiled softly. She had given them a difficult potion, but she had faith that they would do their best and not just give up. At least, that was the test. They both seemed very tired as the potion simmered for ten minutes. She rose from her desk as they started up again and cleared her throat. "Time's up," she said softly and walked over to Ms. Walters and Mr. Marcotte Malfoy

"You've done a really good job, Ms. Walters, however, you both seem to have been putting in too much at a time, so you were unable to see which color came next before putting in something new again, destroying it. Your potions are useless, but you've both proven that you take this seriously and that you don't give up easily. This is a hard potion because it can be lengthy, but you've both done a good job. So, ten points to each of you for perseverance," she said softly and smiled.

"Now, the class is dismissed and have a good holiday everyone. I'll be looking forward to seeing you again," she said with a smile, walking back up to her desk, watching them pack and leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1   Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 5, Year 4, Lesson 1
Page 1 of 1