Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Meeting the New Professor EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Meeting the New Professor EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Meeting the New Professor EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Meeting the New Professor EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Meeting the New Professor EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Meeting the New Professor EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Meeting the New Professor EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Meeting the New Professor EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Meeting the New Professor EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Meeting the New Professor EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Meeting the New Professor EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Meeting the New Professor EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Meeting the New Professor

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Meeting the New Professor Empty
PostSubject: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Today had been a long day.  Her job wasn't usually particularly stressful, but there had been many other things too.  For example, the argument with her mother about her living arrangements.  Or the petulant woman at the shop that insisted upon trying over a dozen wands more than was needed, lookig for a pretty one.  

Sophia had snorted when the woman requested "a dark wooded wand with the rarest core, only the best for me of course," obviously the woman had known next to nothing about wands.  Her mind snapped back to the present.  Hmm?  She turned around to look around the empty street.  She could've sworn she heard someone call her name...oh well best not pay attention.  You've had a long day, she told herself, and so hesring voices isn't so unusual.  

Frowning, she pushed the heavy dopr open to find it loud and dim inside, which she supposed was normal for a place like this.  She walked through the room, ignoring everyone else, and sat down at a table in the corner.  Sophia normally avoided places like this, but she'd wanted a place where no one serious would bother her.  Taking out a book on the use of mermaid hair as a wand core, she settled down and just sat there and read.

Last edited by Sophia Gray on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm

With a small pop! the woman managed to apparate right in front of The Leaky Cauldron. Luckily, there was nobody else in the street so she was able to enter the pub unnoticed by any Muggles whatsoever. Ylenia sighed as she walked into the loud place, although nobody looked up to see the newcomer. She frowned as she tried to decide what to do first. Her visit to the Leaky Cauldron had nothing to do with drinking- in fact, she was on her way to Diagon Alley to buy a new owl for her and her mother. After she had gotten the new Charms Professor job, she still wanted a way to contact her mother. So she volunteered to go buy an owl herself and here she was.

In the end Ylenia decided to have something to drink first. She slowly walked towards the bartender and ordered a Butterbeer for herself. Then, as the bartender was getting her a drink, she scanned the room, wondering if there were any vacant tables. Immediately, she spotted a lonely table in the corner. After Ylenia paid for her drink, she walked towards the table, only to find that someone else had already gotten there. Ugh, she thought. She was in a bit of a bad mood. She frowned again and asked the person, "Can I sit here?" while gesturing towards the other chair at the table. Every other table was full now and she didn't think that walking into the pet shop with Butterbeer was a good idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Sophia looked up from her book. Huh? There was a youbg woman a bit older than her standing impatiently in front of the table. Sophia immediately assumed that she had other chores or errands to run, and she was stopping by quickly before all that. Well, she was free to sit here if she liked. Noddding, Sophia said, "Sure. Just be careful with that," here she gestured to the mug in the woman's hands," And you can sit wherever you like, it's fine by me." She didn't recognize the woman- maybe she had come from another country and had gotten her education at a different school? Obviously she wasn't a muggle, if she was drinking butterbeer.

Shaking her head, Sophia smiled at the woman. Well, they could at least try to get along and be friendly, right? "Hi, my name's Sophia. May I ask what brings you here today?". Probably she had been heading to Diagon Alley, but needed to relax a little first. With another glance at the woman's impatient and annoyed face, Sophia definitely thought she could do with a little relaxing. She glanced at her watch; she cpuldn't spend much more time here before break would ve ocer and it would be time to return to the shop.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Before the one at the table even had a chance to finish her sentence, Ylenia sat down without hesitation, setting her mug in front of her. "Why should I be careful with this? This isn't the first time I've handled butterbeer," she asked, a bit rudely and took a sip from her drink. She then looked at the woman who had just introduced herself. Ylenia nodded, noticing that this Sophia woman was trying to be friendly. She shook her head and told herself to try being friendly, too. "I'm on my way to the Eeylops Owl Emporium," the woman answered coolly, taking another sip from her butterbeer. "I need to buy an owl as the other one I had died not long ago." Some people usually got emotional at the mention of their dead owl but Ylenia was being the complete opposite. Calm faced.

"What about you?" Ylenia then asked Sophia before taking another sip from her butterbeer. "What brings you here today?" She saw Sophia glance at her watch and thought, break from work. She then took another sip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Sophia almost smiled. And I don't doubt it. Sophia thought when the woman sharply retorted with a question she obviously shouldn't answer. Stopping an amused smile, Sopphia regarded the woman with another strange smile. For some reason, she just had a feeling about this woman, and she likes her already. Despite her rudeness and abruptness, se seemed like a good person who was obviously very independent and stubborn. If she comes to the shop, now that will be interesting, Sophia thought.

Then the woman told Sophia why she was here, and Sophia couldn't help but find it boring that the woman didn't seem care about her owl dying. Usually people put on a show of bravado after someone or somethingn they were close to died. But what was strange was the look in the wan's eyes- like inside, she actually didn't care about her owl dying. But surely that could not be.... Shaking away the disturbing thoughts in her head, Sophia smiled at te other woman. "I was there a few days ago," Sophia said. "To purchase an owl.

"Right now,"
Sophia said smiling, looking directly at the other woman, "I am on a break and am trying to get a few things done before returning to work." She smiled pleasantly at her. For some odd reason, Sophia usually worked better when there was lots of noise, clattering, talking, loud music, around her; when it was completely silent she couldn't focus at all. Sophia began to pack her things up when she remembered something. "Might I ask you a question? I can usually remember faces quite well,". Sophia said,ignoring whatever the woman's answer might be, "But I don't recall ever seeing you at Hogwarts. May I inquire as to what house you were in? And please, do forgive me if I am being frightfully rude." Sophia hastily added at the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:51 pm

The woman's smile confused Ylenia but she ignored it, continuing to drink her butterbeer. Sophia said something about going to the Eeylops Owl Emporium a few days ago, and she nodded although she honestly couldn't care less. What was necessary about knowing if a stranger was there a few days ago? Strangers go into shops all the time, don't they? She shook her head and listened to the woman explain why she was in the pub. "What's your job?" she inquired curiously, something she didn't often do. Ylenia took another sip when Sophia then started to pack her stuff. What, was I that horrible? she thought to herself, even though she didn't care. For all she knew, she'd never see the woman ever again. She doesn't even know my name, Ylenia thought. I don't think she'll be asking around for me.

Sophia then asked her what her house was in Hogwarts. "How do you know that I went to Hogwarts?" Ylenia smiled a bit cheekily. "For all you know, I could have probably attended Durmstrang or Beauxbatons." Even as she said it, she didn't think that it seemed true, mostly because of her British accent and the way she showed that she had been here before. For a few moments, she stayed silent, debating on wether to reveal the truth about her former house. In the end she replied, "I was in Hufflepuff. You?" as if it was the most natural thing in the world to be in Hufflepuff. She hadn't enjoyed being in that house, though. Even her mother had seen her more of a Slytherin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:48 am

Sophia paused.  "I was in Ravenclaw," Sophia said quietly.  "And I think I would have guessed you would have been in Hufflepuff, actually.  Slytherin is of course a definite possibility and I mean that as a compliment but you..." Sophia gave the woman a long stare and shook her head, puzzled."It may sound strange, but there's something about you that just says Hufflepuff.  Just a feeling."  Sophia knew that she probably made no sense whatsoever, but se just could feel that although this woman would've made a good Slytherin, Hufflepuff was the right house.  Rather odd, but she supposed it was some instinctive feeling.  Similar to what she usually did with people and their wands.  Oh!

Sophia remembered the woman's earlier question.  "I work at Ollivander's.  Perhaps, If eventually you decide to purchase a wand there, I may be the one to recommend one for you." She smiled slightly.  "Speaking of the future, may I inquire as to what your name is?"  Sophia had a bad habit of saying the word inquire a lot.  She'd tried breaking it, but it was hopeless.  "And if my packing up offended you," she said, remembering the woman's slight annoyance and possible hurt when she'd began collecting her things,"I apologize, but my break is over.  I must be getting back to work soon."

Last edited by Sophia Gray on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm

"Ravenclaw, eh?" asked Ylenia. "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure. Nice." Her own mother was a Ravenclaw and she just couldn't help but smile at the thought. Then Sophia said that something about her said 'Hufflepuff'. Ylenia raised her eyebrows. "Something about me says Hufflepuff?" for a moment, she thought that the woman was making fun of her or something- she wasn't anything like Hufflepuff. But the strange look in Sophia's eyes kind of creeped her out. She stared back at Sophia with a curious look. What about me says Hufflepuff? she was now wondering.

Then Sophia answered Ylenia's earlier question, breaking the strange feeling of curiousity now running around her head. "Ollivander's," she echoed. "Not bad. Good wands..." She didn't even know what she was talking about until the woman then asked her name. Just what I wasn't hoping for, Ylenia thought. My name. She thinks I'm a weirdo, definitely. Shaking her head, she simply said, "Ylenia." She wasn't in the mood to share her surname. She never was. Her ridiculous surname- luckily, nobody around knew enough of the Maltese language to know that her surname meant rabbit. Who would be so stupid as to come up with a surname like that?

The woman then declared that her break was over. Ylenia nodded, then remembered why she was here. She held out her hand for Sophia to shake and said, "It was a pleasure meeting you, Sophia." Normally, she'd never mean anything like that but this Sophia person made some kind of impression on her- one which she wouldn't forget easily. Something about me says Hufflepuff... hmm... Ylenia thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor   Meeting the New Professor Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting the New Professor
Page 1 of 1