Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]

Go down 
+5
Kynan Walters
Evan Williams
Maya Winchester
Morgana Gaunt
Aylee Walters
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Well I love when friends recommend good books for me to read Very Happy

By the way, new Hobbit trailer is out. It looks Fantastic!

Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:37 pm

OH MY GOD THE TRAILER LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST WATCH THE FIRST PART OF THE HOBBIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS EVEN BETTER THAN THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY!!!!!

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!
ASIFJOAIJFQAHELKFEOIQEJFLQJWAKI!

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...*

Alright, I'm calm Razz
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:18 am

Really, really sorry for bumping, but this is just to say,

I FINISHED THE RETURN OF THE KING THIS MORNING!

I almost cried, it was awesome how the Hobbits rebelled. And I am so happy that Lobelia gave all of her money to Frodo, it represented that the feud between the Bagginses and Sackville-Bagginses was over. I think that she is one of my favourite characters now, her and her umbrella. Hobbits are awesome. AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO SARUMAN.

*starts singing* DING DONG THE WIZARD IS DEAD, LALALALALA, DING DONG THE WICKED WIZARD IS DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
XD
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 pm

I am so terribly sorry for spamming this thread, but...

I SAW THE FIRST PART OF THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY BEFORE THE TV GOT STUCK

You guys were totally right, the movie was awesome.

You were also right- KILI AND THORIN ARE HOT. Kili and Fili are like Fred and George. Kind of. They're all about joking around and being careless and that makes me laugh. Mostly about the missing ponies situation, when Bilbo was like, "Should we tell Thorin?" And Fili and Kili were like, "Oh, no no no!"

I loved how Bilbo is portrayed when the first few dwarves arrived. When the doorbell rang, he'd be like, "Damn, not more peoples! My food! Why?" I totally loved him!

I also loved how Bilbo said, "In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit." and "I've forgotten my handkerchief!" And a lot of other quotes from the book. And how the film is really faithful to the book. There were a bunch of mistakes here and there, but I can forgive that because it was awesome.

And I loved Gandalf's and Thorin's argument when they were about to enter Rivendell. Gandalf was like, "That is why you'll leave the talking to me." in a way that he was saying, "Dude, shut your goddamn mouth before you get us into trouble."

AND THE ELVES WERE TOTALLY AWESOME TOO!

Especially when the dwarves started singing and throwing food, the other elves's reactions were priceless! Same for when they saw the dwarves playing naked in the fountain.

Conclusion, the film was amazing (so far)! I've only seen till the part where the dwarves and Bilbo just got snatched into the goblin's lair/cave/whatever.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Haha love how you reply with different characters so it doesn't count as spamming Very Happy

And praise the lord!! You read them so fast. I'm rereading them all again, so exciting. Did you read the appendixes? They've so much extra info its brilliant. I'm going to get the other books by JRR that are edited by his son, I just can't get enough Very Happy

And yes, Saruman was a wreck the head, really didn't mind how he died in the movies Razz

Yes, KILI is my favourite after watching the Desolation of Smaug.  They also remind me of Merry and Pippin.

Gandalf's wit is amazing, he's so brilliant. I'm so glad that he's back, he reminds me of dumbledore :')

Please tell me that you seen the rest of the movie and the new one!???
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 pm

I read a tiny bit of the appendixes, a bit of Aragorn's and Arwen's story and the timeline of after Bilbo and Frodo left Middle-Earth. I found The Children of Húrin and The Silmarillion a few days ago in a bookstore so I already have a shopping list ready for mum to buy me for my birthday! Very Happy

Yes, I saw the rest of the movie and I re-saw it tonight, this time with subtitles so I understood loads more. PETER JACKSON IS THE BEST DIRECTOR EVER. I love how, in all of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, every single sentence or every single movement means something really big. Like, that scene in the beginning when Gandalf almost made the candles in Bilbo's house fall? He did the same in the Lord of the Rings movies, and I almost cried at that! I think that Peter Jackson is the only director who has actually READ the books. And the movies are, so far, the only movies I have seen that are really faithful to the books. And the characters were played beautifully, even Saruman. When he, Gandalf, Elrond and Lady Galadriel were talking, I could see the glow in Saruman's eyes when the discussion turned to the Necromancer. DID YOU SEE IT?

I haven't seen the Desolation of Smaug yet but hopefully my dad will take me to see it soon. If I don't hit him in the face with a frying pan first.

By the way, do any of you play Lord of the Rings Online yet? If you get a character, this is a reminder to go on the Evernight server because that is where I play Smile My characters are Lulordil and Theadwen. http://lulordiloflorien.tumblr.com/ < sneak peek of LoTRO Razz
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:35 pm

So Niamh and I decided that we want to learn Elvish! Unfortunately, that will be hard since Elvish has many different types. The most common are Quenya and Sindarin, and both are shaky with facts. J.R.R. Tolkien had a habit of editing, mostly with Sindarin, so that language is harder to learn than Quenya.

But still, I found a few links that might help you if you want to learn Elvish Very Happy

For Quenya > http://www.councilofelrond.com/readingcats/quenya-workbook/
For Sindarin > http://www.councilofelrond.com/readingcats/sindarin-workbook-updated/

For these two links you need to make an account in www.councilofelrond.com

More will be added, hopefully.

Oh, and I had to post this Smile Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold, the song sung by the dwarves about their home-land. Here are the lyrics. I almost cried when I heard this.

Here are more song lyrics of the Lord of the Rings world Very Happy http://www.councilofelrond.com/poem/

Also, That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates song! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm

You guys are so wonderful! I'm so glad you guys are as geeky as me, otherwise I'd be stuck in my malcontent… Razz
I actually did learn some Sindarin, but I do want to learn some more, so thanks for the links Very Happy
You need to see the Desolation of Smaug, though. I mean, seriously… NOTHING is as epic as Smaug is. I swear… He's PERFECT! And Bard… Holy God! xD
I've seen it twice, but I need to see it several more times! Of course, my heart died when the movie ended, so choose wisely, considering you will have to wait a year to see the next one… Razz
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:31 pm

ARE YOU MAD? I'VE BECOME A LORD OF THE RINGS FREAK EVER SINCE MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS STARTED!

Oh, by the way, here is another link for Sindarin > http://your-sindarin-textbook.realelvish.net/

I'll wait before seeing it Razz Maybe during next summer. I BET THORIN IS HOTTER THO.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Excuse the caps, but...

I SAW THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG. I SAW IT I SAW IT. I FUCKING SAW IT!

CAN I SAY THAT, ALTHOUGH NOT EVERYTHING HAPPENED EXACTLY LIKE THE BOOKS, HOW MUCH I LOOOOOVED THE MOVIE?!?!?!?

IT WAS TOO AWESOME. BENEDICT DID A GREAT JOB AS SMAUG, TOO!

I especially love how they included side-plots that weren't in the books!

AND LEGOLAS WAS AWESOME. IT WAS SO AWESOME- LEGOLAS LIKES TAURIEL BUT THRAINDUIL DOESN'T LIKE THE TWO TOGETHER SO LEGOLAS WAS ALL JEALOUS BECAUSE TAURIEL LIKES KILI. I LAUGHED WHEN I SAW HIS FACE WHEN HE SAW TAURIEL TALKING TO KILI. AND THRANDUIL WAS SERIOUSLY MEAN OKAY.

ALSO, BARD. HE IS THE BEST DAD EVER. HE SHOULDN'T BE HATED, BECAUSE HE ONLY DIDN'T WANT HIS KIDS TO DIE. AND HIS KIDS WERE CUTE, TOO!

FILI IS TOO UNAPPRECIATED. HE STAYED WITH KILI BECAUSE HIS BROTHER WAS ILL, HE MISSED OUT ON AN ADVENTURE JUST FOR HIS BROTHER. IS THAT LOYALTY OR WHAT? BROSHIP.

AND I SEE FIRE WAS AWESOME AT THE END. ED SHEERAN ROCKS.

AND BARD IS SO FUCKING HOT

... okay, end of fangirling moment.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 12:45 am

Funny, I'm actually watching it again now, the lure is too much to resist xD And yes, Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug is epic. I keep re watching his scenes. (He's also so scary! Razz)

I love Thorin in the movies, but the epic love triangle between Tauriel, Legolas and Kili has completley encapsulated me and I can't see it ending well :'(

Legolas' entrance was awesome and I love Tauriel even though she isn't in the books it's nice to have a strong female role. She's pretty damn bassass! Razz

I stayed for the entire credits in the cinema the three times I went to see it, just to hear Ed Sheeran! The words are amazing I read theyre from Thorin's point of view which just makes the song have so much more meaning!

And Bard is a BABE!! :DKnew he was going to be a hottie, but that was beyond my dreams!! :POkay, have to stop typing as drueling too much now Razz
Back to top Go down
Ariel Wilde
Head Girl
Head Girl
Ariel Wilde

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 6:41 pm

Can we all take a moment to appreciate the amazing wonder that was Sir Christopher Lee?

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 Tumblr_nps40d0nE41sh35lxo1_250

I'll miss his amazing voice, his incredibly surprising music, and just generally his awesomeness!
Back to top Go down
Saryana Greenwood
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Saryana Greenwood

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - year II

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 7:39 pm

May he rest in peace, Sir Christopher Lee! He'll surely be remembered, if for Saruman(as this is a LotR thread) or for another role, he'll be remembered!
Back to top Go down
Darcy Wilde
Adult
Darcy Wilde

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 6:13 pm

I'll miss him, he was an amazing actor! Such a talent... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]   The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings Discussion [BEWARE OF SPOILERS]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3