Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Work papers EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Work papers EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Work papers EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Work papers EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Work papers EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Work papers EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Work papers EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Work papers EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Work papers EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Work papers EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Work papers EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Work papers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Work papers EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Work papers EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Work papers EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Work papers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Work papers Empty
PostSubject: Work papers   Work papers EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:29 am

These are the work papers students of mine shall do to accommodate for my absence. Work papers are to be checked (at least) every week.

First years:
What would you be like if you are the one living in the Ancient Egyptian Times? Make a short story of your little adventure.
NOTE:
1. This is in Egypt. Obviously, your nationality here is Egyptian.
2. Still wear the ignorance and innocence of their generation. Remember, just like in our discussion, you also do not know that magic is gifted to selected people only.
3. One can role play other characters. Explore your imagination. This is your story, so you can write anything you want.

Second Years:
According to our discussion, the making of the Azkaban Prison is still unkown: its origin or who built it. Make a short story on how the famous prison was made.
NOTE:
1. It is a history. Realistic details are a huge plus.
2. Characters not included in the HP books may be included (you should make your own characters).
3. Twists and turns is also encouraged.

Third years:
All of us wants to be the hero, who has the job on saving the world. Make a short story in the person of Voldemort, instead of Harry Potter. Experience how to be a villain in a story.
NOTE:
1. Start making your story after Voldemort discovered that both of them (Harry Potter) have the same core of wands: What would you do next in order to rule over the wizarding world?
2. It is up to you if you want the evil to reign or the good one. It is your story.
3. Use your servants.

Fourth years:
If Voldemort used these items as his horcruxes: a.) the invisibility cloak; b.) the elder wand; c.) Dumbledore; d.) the sorting hat
Make a short story on how you would kill the Dark Lord.
NOTE:
1. You are a fourth year student in Hogwarts.
2. You are aware of the horcruxes. All you have to figure out is how to find and eliminate them.
3. Use any characters you want (preferably, make your own)

REQUIREMENTS:
1. The story shall be of at least 500 words (First year), 1000 words (Second year), 1500 words (third year), 2000 words (fourth year).
*I will count the words just like how the M.S. Office counts them.
2. Submit your work through personal message. I will post the names of the works I received.

This work is good for 50 points. It will serve as your first lessons for the subject. Meaning, I won't discuss the lesson anymore. I will proceed to the second lesson. Please do read on them (first lessons).
DEADLINE: July 29, 2013
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

Work papers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work papers   Work papers EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am

Students who submitted their work papers:
Maya Winchester
Grace Thornton
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

Work papers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work papers   Work papers EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:56 am

Maya Winchester
Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:11 am

A Day In The Life Of An Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh.

Pharaoh Hatshepsut awoke in her comfortable bed, surrounded by jewels and riches in her large mansion. She dressed with the help of her slaves and then ate her fill for breakfast. She had the choice of food, no matter if her people were living through famine and were starving. Water was never a problem though, as they were situated along the River Nile.

After some formal meetings with her advisors Hatshepsut set about her tasks for her day. She greeted the people in the street, keeping their spirits high and attended a sacrificing ritual where she shared a sacrificed ox with the peasants.

Hatshepsut was charismatic and had no problem with keeping, even the poorest people of her community on her side. For some reason she could convince them to be loyal and offer their lifelong support. Hatshepsut was never an ambitious child as she grew up along the River Nile, brought up by her parents who were slaves. She realised that she was special and had “special abilities” and soon learned to use them to her advantage. Soon she grew in stature, despite her parent’s background and people followed her in droves.
She liked to be hands on and show her face, that is how she emitted her power. If she needed something badly done by someone individually she did it personally. She always had a rare knack of convincing people to do things that he wanted done. That was how she had come to power in the first place, convincing the most influential people to vote her into power.

Hatshepsut was the most successful pharaoh in history according to her advisors. She had built the most temples, tombs and pyramids to date, thanks to her uncanny ability to make people work faster. She had also invented paper and newer tools, aimed at building things more efficiently. Her knowledge of what people did behind her back made people around her paranoid and they did anything she asked of him afraid they would be the next to be sacrificed. She had also reformed their religious ideas. Every day she insisted on an animal being sacrificed in her name. Sometimes she had to be harsh, but all in all he thought she was building a city for the future, and the pyramids were necessary for her people’s afterlives.

After assuring the people that the land would be ready to grow food again she made her own way over to the land, drenched in water that had overflowed from the River Nile. She constantly told her people that it was a blessing that they were so close to the river, but sometimes it led to some complications. Putting all her effort and concentration into drying out the land she spent the next few hours making it right so food could soon be grown there.
She couldn’t explain it herself, but her people would call it a miracle.

Later that evening after she was tended to by servants and her dinner was prepared and brought to her, she discussed future plans for building more pyramids on her land. Afterwards prayers were said and an animal was sacrificed in her name after the waterlogged field was discovered to have been magically cured.

She went and checked on the military daily after dinner, making sure their formation was correct. She had become more and more paranoid as her name spread across the lands for the power her words held and how people followed her every command. Also her new inventions were spreading fast and her success in building large pyramids was being closely watched by neighbouring communities. Rumours of people with "magical abilities" like her own traveled to her also and tension grew between the communities as power grew immensely with the talents of the Pharaoh's driving their own people on.
She usually reserved her evenings for signing documentation and dealing with personal matters. She had a visit from her own parents in her private chambers before being bathed by her slaves and then going to sleep, guarded by four senior members of the military.

40/50

Grace Thornton
Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:57 pm

“Morning Prof.” I say as I head into class. Once again, we were going to attempt magic. The Professor was dedicated to make sure that we wold learn it, because he was sure that everyone could perform the real magic. I wasn’t so sure, but if it wasn’t true, it probably would have been proven by now. I don’t argue with what history is telling us though, so I always try my best.
“Today class, I am sure we will succeed in levitating a rock.” He says, sounding enthusiastic and peppy. The class including myself weren’t so sure, but it had to work soon. Our professor showed us how it was done. He always did though. Now it was becoming as showing off. I pick up my wand and point it at the rock. I focus my mind on it, but no luck. I look around to see if any of the students were successful. They weren’t. I could see the Professor getting tired of failure. I was getting tired of it as well. “Well, I think we have to give up for the day.” Prof said as we head out.
I look around and I see people using magic in their everyday lives. Getting rid of bugs, doing chores around the house, even cooking the food! I would love to learn magic, but it would probably take time. If I could even learn.
“Any luck?” my Dad asks when I walk through the door into my home. “Not today.” I say, sighing. He used magic to lay out the table. If my Dad can use magic, why can’t I? I don’t like to question thins though. I just let them happen. I just hope for the next day to be better than the last.
I walk into class the next day, early. Only the Professor was there. “Professor, why can’t any of us use magic?” I ask. “I really don’t know. It may take time for your magical powers to kick in.” he replies. Everyone came in class soon after that.
“Hey guys, I can use magic now!” one of the boys says, excitedly. Everyone gathered around him as he held the wand in front of the rock. He slowly swished the wand to move the rock up a little. “It is not quite strong yet, but it’s a sign.” Everyone was clapping and cheering for the boy. Then they all rushed to see if they could do it. No one else could. When everyone left, disappointed, I stayed back and tried to move it. But I couldn’t.
“Don’t be disappointed. That boy is a year above everyone. You’ll learn soon.” The Professor said, trying to cheer me up. I put my wand down and leave. I look over to the boy’s house and his parents are so proud of him. If only that was me and my Dad. It has given me hope though, that I will learn someday. When, I don’t know. I just want to learn magic and be able to use it.

I hope that this is alright.

30/50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Work papers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Work papers   Work papers Empty

Back to top Go down

Work papers
Page 1 of 1