Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Potions Professor

Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 Empty
PostSubject: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 am

Lucia walked into the backroom of greenhouse three, looking darkly around. She really didn't like the plant she was about to present, but she knew that there was a certain thrill when it came to class. And she wanted to start off on a good foot. Of course, at first, she wanted to get to know the students. In her own way, though.

So she walked back into the classroom, looking on with a light and happy smile when the students started filing in. "Welcome, everyone, to the year's first Herbology lesson," she said, practically beaming at them. "I am Lucia Henley, and I'll be your professor in this class."

She walked around her desk, leaning casually against it, waving her wand, and the chalk wrote two words on the blackboard. 'Venomous Tentacula'. She looked at their faces as they read the words. Some changed over the word 'venomous' others over 'tentacula' and some just kept a straight face.

"Today, we will be studying the Venomous Tentacula, and I want to know what you know about this plant. So, who goes first?" she asked softly, looking over the class for someone to raise their hand.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 pm

As soon as he pushed the heavy glass door, a warm gust of air escaped from the greenhouse. It was quite a welcome change after the chilly wind that had been sweeping the grounds for the past few days. 

Not much had changed, except for the teacher. Instead of Professor Adela, a young woman stood near the professor's desk, wearing a radiant smile that never seemed to leave her face, even while she spoke.

When she announced the plant they would study, James immediately recalled having written about it for one of the assignments Professor Adela had given them. His memory served him very well, so when seeing that none of his classmates appeared eager to respond, he raised his hand.

"The Venomous Tentacula is a green, spiky plant with long vines that try to grab living prey. It expels venom from its shoots, and its bite is very poisonous. It's considered as one of the most dangerous plants in the wizarding world." he recited, wondering if he had forgotten something. 
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:28 am

Lucia looked around the room, waiting patiently for a reply when Mr. Riddle raised his hand. She nodded at him and he answered. She was pleased with his reply and nodded at him. "Well said, Mr. Riddle, five points to Ravenclaw," she said praisingly, "Now, if you'll excuse me for a second..." she said, trailing off as she vanished into the backroom.

Not a moment later, she came walking back in, backwards, her wand raised and behind her trailed a green, big plant with a dangerous looking mouth and vines swishing back and forth. She placed it on her desk. "This is an example of the plant. It is not fully grown yet, and still, completely stretched, it reaches the height of four feet," she said softly.

She looked at the students inspecting the plant. "Can anyone tell me the uses of a tentacula? And does it have good qualities?" she asked them, wondering if they had found anything about that in their books or from previous experiences.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 9:09 am

As soon as Professor Henley placed the Tentacula on the desk, its tendrils began menacingly whipping the air. Recalling that it could expel venom, James discretely moved his chair back. As the teacher spoke again, he tried to concentrate on her words, flashing furtive glances at the plant every once in a while.

Encouraged by the points he had just earned and the teacher's apparent kindness, he raised his hand again. "Can it be used in potion-making, Professor?" he inquired. He didn't remember which part of the plant, or which brew, but hoped at least that part was correct.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Lucia looked on as some of the students withdrew somewhat as the tendrils of the tentacula started whipping around. "Don't worry. I've extracted the poison from the plant, and it has been subdued quite a bit," she said softly, hoping the students wouldn't be distracted from answering due to their reluctance to be near the plant.

She didn't have to worry though. Mr. Riddle rose his hand again and he suggested potion. Lucia nodded, though not convincingly. "It is true that both the leaf and poison of the tentacula can be used in potions, but it is not very common. The reason for this is that the leaf and the poison is a potion on its own. The plant itself is somewhat rare, though not due to the lack of them, but due to where they can find the plant. Therefore, the leaves and the seed are highly valuable.

"The leaves are not valuable, however, when they are unhealthy. But a skilled potioneer will have the ability to brew some dragon dung fertilizer that will bring the leaves back to health and restore its value. Now, what we're going to do here today is that we are going pluck its spikes. Do you see them?" she asked.

She turned to the tentacula and walked over to the plant. She lifted one of the tendrils and let everyone see the spikes that embroidered the arms. "As you can also see, the tentacula is rather slow in its motions. I've taken precautions to make sure that no one will get hurt by the tendrils. However, I suggest you all keep an eye out for the teeth. It will move slowly, but keep a wary eye on the plant nonetheless," she said softly.

She then went back into the backroom and soon, five tentaculas were flying through the air and landed on the desk in front of some students. "Go together four and four and start plucking. Remember to take on your gloves," she said kindly, "We'll be doing this for the rest of the class, but don't worry, should the plant bite you, I won't deduct points for swearing."

She gave them a big grin and then clapped her hands together. "Begin," she said softly and placed the tentacula at the front of her desk over to some of the students.
Back to top Go down
Lucia Henley

Lucia Henley

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Lucia watched the students work on the plant and made sure to keep the Tentacula at bay. She could have no hurt students, even though it was to be expected to happen either way. She'd just have to deal with it then. She looked on as one person managed to snatch a spike just before the Tentacula tried to bite the person. He screamed and ducked and managed to avoid it.

Lucia shot a silent, invisible spell at the Tentacula and it fell silent again. She then looked at the clock and her stomach did a jolt. That much already?

"All right people! That's all we have time for today," she said, and didn't fail to notice some relieved faces. "For homework, you are to write 200 words on the Tentacula plant, and read up on the Mimbulus Mimbletonia. To prove that you've done that, write 50 words on the plant. In summary, 250 words together," she said calmly, still smiling despite the class' not so excited faces. "Class dismissed," she said and started fetching the plants located in the room, watching on as the students filed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4   Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 4: Lesson 1: Year 4
Page 1 of 1