Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 Empty
PostSubject: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm

The fifth years would be arriving any moment to begin their first History of Magic lesson of the year, and Odin had already prepared the classroom. His books were stacked neatly on his desk, and his wand was tucked into his pocket. He was aware that the theme of the lesson was a controversial one, but it was necessary that they discuss it. He quickly flicked his wand at the board, and watched as words formed onto its surface.

Blackboard:

His father had told him that there was a time when to even mention a Horcrux was considered unacceptable. Of course, because of the term's obvious association with the second wizarding war, it was now a more acceptable topic to discuss. Still, it would have to be handled with care. He felt that his fifth year students would have the maturity to handle it; besides, it was a necessary part of the curriculum if they were to understand completely the way in which Voldemort was defeated, which they would discuss the following year. Odin crossed his arms and leaned back against the front of his desk, facing the classroom, and waited for his fifth year students to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:40 pm

The fact that History of Magic was back brought happiness to Aylee but the fact that it was going to be taught by someone else saddened her. The same had happened for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Umbranox and Professor Clark were two of her most favourite teachers, and it was a shame to see their subjects being taught by someone else. But maybe Professor Clark would return soon, right? That didn't happen to Professor Umbranox, she thought. Almost all subjects were getting new Professors and the old ones gone. Shame.

But she didn't take her time in arriving to class. She found herself early- in fact she was there just as the bell rang. And she was the first student to arrive. She smiled to herself as she took a seat at the back, as usual. History of Magic was amongst her favourite subjects because history was always interesting to her. She wasn't very good at dates, though, but she remembered facts and stories like song lyrics.

Aylee looked up at the board to see what was written. Horcruxes and Hallows. That was an interesting title. Then she looked at the Professor. He didn't seem very friendly; but then again, Professor Clark didn't seem very friendly either. I really should stop comparing the new Professors to the old ones, she then thought, shaking her head.

(x)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:15 am

Auden walked into the classroom with her arms around her various books. She wanted to make a change this term and be studious. Her arms started to hurt actually. All of the classes that she signed up were represented in her arms. But none the less, Auden was happy to be taking history of magic. She has never taken it and when Auden went to muggle primary school, history was her favorite subject. Auden spotted Aylee and decided to sit next to her. "Hi Aylee." Auden said after dropping her books on the table. She noticed that Aylee was looking at the board. Hmm, it said Horcruxes and Hallows. Maybe we are going to be learning about Harry Potter's quest to destroy Voldermort... Auden thought to herself as she sat down. She also noticed that there was a new teacher. It wasn't new to her at all, most of the teachers have been replaced. It still bummed her out a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 am

Ryland wasn't very good at many classes, mostly his better grades were outdoor and active classes, not potions nor history. Still, he tried to hurry up to his first lesson for History and quickly took a seat next to Aylee, giving Auden big smile along the way. He was partly excited for the new professors, though he'd be terribly sad if Professor Vega left too. If he knew his professor correctly, she was the only one left who had been around since the Hogwarts reopening.
''Hey Aylee.'', he greeted her while opening up his history textbook to page 295, as instructed on the board. He'd been trying to be less cheeky about his crush on her, mostly because he still didn't know if his feelings were returned, but he couldn't help smiling as he took a quick glance at her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 am

Odin remained where he was as his students filed in, his eyes following each one as they took their seats. He noticed that most of his students chose seats in the back of the room. When everyone had arrived, he pushed himself away from his desk and stepped toward the class.

"Good afternoon," he said, almost lazily, an aloof tone to his voice. "Before we begin, I'd like to ask everyone to choose a seat in the front of the room." He waited for a moment to give the students a moment to move forward before he continued. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Odin Greyback. That's Professor Greyback to you, of course. I graduated from Slytherin house roughly ten years ago, worked as an Auror for several years and later went on to become a Historian. I'm now considered an expert in Modern Wizarding History."

His eyes scanned the room to ensure that his students were paying attention, and continued. "I realize that History of Magic may not come across as the most... interesting subject. It certainly wasn't when I was in school. I plan to change that. I encourage you to take part in class discussions and ask questions as you see fit. No need to raise your hand. I hope to show you that history is important, not only so that we can appear well educated, but so that we can learn from the past, and apply it to the future. That is it's true value, and why I've chosen to further my knowledge in the field."

Odin flicked his wand lazily at the board, erasing all but the topic of the lesson. Hallows and Horcruxes. "We will be discussing several controversial topics throughout the course of the year. I feel that, as fifth years, you are prepared to handle the discussion of such things in a mature manner. We'll be starting with, perhaps, the most controversial. Can anybody tell me what a Horcrux is? Just a simple definition would be fine."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 am

Ryland listened carefully and quickly moved to the front as Professor Greyback had ordered. To him, History of Magic sounded like a much more interesting subject than Herbology or Potions...but that's because he was terrible in those subjects. Raising his hand, he said, "A horcrux is an object in which a dark wizard has hidden a small part of his soul to become immortal. Basically, you protect a part of your soul so if something happens to you, you won't die as that small piece is still earthbound." he said, wondering if he had said much more than was required. To finish it, he added, "I believe you can achieve that by killing."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:39 pm

A Gryffindor boy, Ryland Malfoy, raised his hand, and Odin nodded to him in acknowledgement, letting him know that he could answer. "Very good," Odin nodded. Ryland answered the question in more detail than Odin had expected, including the way in which a Horcrux is created. "Five points to Gryffindor, Mr. Malfoy." He flicked his wand at the board again, and new writing scrawled quickly across it.

Blackboard:

Odin continued, turning back toward the class and addressing them. "As Mr. Malfoy has explained to us, a Horcrux is an object that acts as a container for a portion of one's soul. This might not sound detrimental to the uneducated mind, but to create a Horcrux is an evil act. Take a look at the etymology. While likely derived from the french words dehors and crux, which literally translates to the soul outside, it may also have originated from the old english terms you see written, which translates to evil container.

"Now," Odin said, pacing lightly in front of his students. "The act of murder splits one's soul no matter what. It was Herpo the Foul who first attempted to capture that piece of torn soul in a container." He glanced around the classroom to be sure that he still had everyone's attention. "It is unknown whether other wizards have attempted what Herpo the Foul accomplished throughout history. Lord Voldemort is the only other person known to do so. But Lord Voldemort took this idea a step farther. How so?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Auden took notes and then raised her hand. "Voldermort made seven horcruxs I believe." Auden replied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:35 pm

"Seven, indeed," Odin said when a Ravenclaw girl answered his question. "Five points to Ravenclaw." He was glad that his class seemed to have a good knowledge of their history. "Voldemort made seven horcruxes," Odin repeated, looking around at his class. "Theoretically, dividing your soul into pieces and hiding them would more or less deem one immortal, since a horcrux can be anything - a rock, a pencil, a leaf... but Voldemort made a mistake. What was it?"
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Aylee was almost frightened when both Auden and Ryland sat next to her. Almost. She smiled back at them, and then jumped a tiny bit when the Professor spoke. He sounded a bit like Professor Elldir when he asked them to go to the front. Nevertheless, Aylee relocated her desk towards the front and listened to the Professor's talk. She frowned when Professor Greyback said that History of Magic wasn't the most popular subject. It was one of her favourite subjects. She liked reading up on history a few times but it seemed different to her- reading it was one way but learning it in class was another. In class you could discuss it more and it could get you to think more about the certain subject. In this case, Horcruxes. She was too deep in thought to even think about answering but at that one question, Aylee raised her hand. "Voldemort chose important items in history, because he liked to collect trophies, sir," she said. "He chose Salazar Slytherin's locket, Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem, Helga Hufflepuff's cup, Marvolo Gaunt's ring, his snake, his diary, and Harry Potter. They weren't like leaves or rocks or pencils, those items were unique. Unlike rocks, in which case you'd have to spend more than a lifetime finding the right rock."

(x)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1   Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Term 6: Year 5, Lesson 1
Page 1 of 1