Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One (Year IV)

Go down 
+2
James Riddle
Ambrosius Umbranox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Lesson One (Year IV) Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:07 am

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One

Ambrosius stood quietly before the wall, contemplating the immense moving tapestry that decorated it. In his entire existence, he had rarely seen anything less gracious than a group of trolls gamboling by a forest clearing in short pink skirts. 

As faint footsteps echoed through the seventh floor corridor, he turned around and gazed down the dimly lit hallway. He had informed his fourth year students to meet him here exceptionally for their next lesson, and some of them were apparently arriving.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 10:50 am

James climbed the staircase leading to the seventh floor, Professor Umbranox's note in his hand. Following the instructions, he walked through the obscure corridor, yet it seemed deserted. He read the message one more time, anxious that he might have misunderstood the directions. 

The sight of the teacher's tall figure reassured him. Silently nodding at him, he leaned against the wall and looked around. Apart from a large tapestry, there seemed to be nothing of note in the hallway, and he could see no door leading to a classroom. Wondering why Professor Umbranox would want to meet them there, he turned around and impatiently glanced down the corridor to check if the others were coming. 
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Closely behind James, Lucy arrived early. Professor Umbranox had informed them to meet him in the Seventh Floor, but she couldn't understand why until she saw him standing against the wall. She had heard the rumors, but she never expected them to be true.
As she arrived, she smiled at both, the professor and James, but ended up standing next to her classmate. "Hey." she greeted him politely.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Wade strolled down the hallways in the Seventh floor, looking for the right one in which his first lesson on Defense Against the Dark Arts of his fourth year would be held. He was excited, but he was also being cautious since he didn't want to fail the subject. 

Finally arriving, he found the professor, along with James and Lucy, standing against the wall. Silently nodding in greeting towards the man, he stood next to his cousin and his classmate and greeted them both.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 pm

"The change of scenery may be slightly confusing, yet you will understand soon enough." he told the students once they were all there. "Does anyone know where we are?" he inquired, brushing the cold stone surface of the wall with his fingers. "And no, the Seventh Floor corridor is not the answer I am expecting."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:44 am

James glanced around, confused. There were no rooms, just a bare wall on one side and a tapestry covered one on the other. Shrugging, he turned towards the others to see if they knew more.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am

He was secretly hoping Lucy would speak up and answer as he was not in the mood for taking classes, however, seeing as neither Jame nor Lucy were going to answer, Wade decided to speak up, "We're in the Room of Requirement, aren't we, Professor?" He simply asked, moving a bit farther from the wall.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Shah hurried along the corridor. She hated being late, but it happened all the time. Hoping that Prof. Umbranox wouldn't be too angry, she reached the spot where he'd asked them to come. She smiled at James, Lucy and Wade. She looked hesitantly at the teacher; she realized that class had already begun. "Sorry professor." She apologized. "Won't do it again," She muttered softly, like a kid afraid of being scolded at.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:11 am

"Yes we are." Ambrosius responded, gazing at his students while strolling before the apparently bare wall. "I am slightly surprised to see that you know of it, given that not many are familiar with it. I have only recently discovered its existence myself. Yet I presume that your uncle shared the tale with..."
Another student suddenly hastily arrived, interrupting him. "Have no worries, miss Hazel. I am certain your tardiness is justifiable by completely valid grounds."

After walking by the wall for the third time, he turned to the audience. "Without further delay, behold the Room of Requirement." He was turning his back to the wall, yet the exclamations of some of the students informed him that the door had well and truly appeared. "Perhaps the most amazing and useful room in this Castle, the Room of Requirement, also known as the Come and Go Room, has the remarkable ability to provide one with whatever one desires. You need only walk in front of it three times, envisioning what you require, and the Room will do the rest." he explained. "For those of you who are fond of roaming the corridors after hour - may it be clear in passing that I naturally reprimand such behaviour - the Room may offer you the hiding place you were so desperate to find. And if, like me, you desire to have a classroom large enough for the practical task I have planned for today, once again the Room of Requirement is a perfect choice." Turning around, he faced the heavy iron door and pushed it open. "Now if you would all please come along."

The place was very vast... too vast even. Ambrosius had learned that the Room of Requirement wasn't bound by usual laws of physics, and he decided to use it to his advantage. To ceiling was so high that he had to squint to perceive it, and the whole chamber gave of a sensation of grandeur and sacredness, almost like a cathedral. Despite the strong sun that illuminated the skies, only faint rays of light slanted down from the set of lofty windows that encircled the place.
A massive structure towered to his right. From there, one could only see a ten feet tall stone wall and an entrance leading into darkness, yet Ambrosius knew it concealed an intricate network of confusing pathways and alleys.
However, he guided his students to the other end of the room. A blackboard stood there, surrounded by a few wooden chairs. Not far, a dozen stuffed dummies lined the wall, holding twigs similar to wands.

"Please make yourselves comfortable, take your wands and join me." Before long, they all faced him, ready for the beginning of the lesson. "I know most of you are intrigued with the construction standing behind you, yet I ask you not to be preoccupied with it for now. I will clarify everything when we are done with the first part of the lesson." he said, noticing that some of them were flashing furtive glances behind them.
"Today we are learning what I have no doubt will be one of the most useful spells in your defensive arsenal." he commenced in his calm voice and his habitual serene stroll. "It is common belief among the Ravenclaws that the mind is a wizard's greatest weapon. Yet strip him of his wand, and the sorcerer becomes rather powerless. Of course, the most skilled among us may overcome that difficulty with wandless magic. However, that branch is one of the most advanced of our noble art, and few are those possessing sufficient talent and discipline to master it." As he spoke, one of the chairs got lifted off the ground, slowly spun around in mid-air and then softly landed.

"While I consider all of you to be rather talented for this subject, wandless magic still remains out of your reach. I highly doubt any of your opponents to be well versed in the matter either. Which brings me back to the importance of the instrument you are all holding in your hands, and the usefulness of depriving your foe from it in a duel." He made a brief pause then faced his students again. "Now, would anyone be kind enough to formulate an assumption regarding the subject of today's lesson?"
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Timidly, Ellie followed the others into the Room of Requirement, it had taken her a while to find it until she saw her class and professor in the corridor. The room had taken her in awe and for a while, it appeared only the room and the Professor existed. As the professor asked his last question, Ellie whispered, "Expelliarmus?" but then thought, well we're fourth year, shouldn't we have learned that already.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 am

"The Disarming Charm." Ambrosius confirmed. Behind him, useful information about the spell began filling the blackboard. "Some of you may consider it rather simple, yet I can assure you that it has been extremely helpful to me on many occasions."

Pulling out his wand, he headed towards the line of dummies and aimed it at the closest one. "Expelliarmus" he chanted loudly and clearly. A jet of scarlet light streaked from its extremity and darted at the target. The moment it hit it, the twig flew from its hand, soared high in the air before softly landing in Ambrosius's palm.

"Before we examine the charm in detail, I want you to perform the exercise I have just demonstrated. Be careful though, the incantation and the wand movement are of the utmost importance for this spell. Pronouncing the word wrongly can have a wide spectre of disastrous consequences, ranging from sending your own wand into the air to setting the victim's garments ablaze. And the hand motion must be executed with ultimate precision." He repeated the gesture, a slightly slanted downward line followed by an inward spiral. "Now, if you have no inquiries, you can commence."
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Now sure of what the lesson was about, Lucy took a spot next to Wade and focused on the nearest dummy. The wooden man was no longer as intimidating as she thought when she fist saw them, But maybe that was because she felt more prepared and sure of herself.

Looking at the dummy, Lucy still felt a bit threatened, but it was much more easy for her to control it now. "Okay. Let's do this." She said she concentrated on the spell and moved her wrist to produce the right wand movement. As soon as she chanted the spell, a small, pink spark came out of her wand but had no effect on the dummy.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Placing himself at a decent distance from one of the dummies, Wade raised his wand and attempted to cast the spell. "Expelliarmus." he said clearly, but only a small movement from the dummy's fake wand came. Not willing to give up, Wade tried again. "Expelliarmus!" he shouted louder and clearer than before. This time, the fake wand flew out and landed directly below the dummy's hand just in time for him to notice Lucy had been standing next to him all along, and had managed only pink sparks.

"It's not usual for you fail at something, Luc." Wade smirked, a bit amused that he had managed to do something faster than her. Turning her back on her again, he shouted again. "Expelliarmus!" and the fake wand flew out a few feet farther from the dummy. Satisfied, Wade cast Accio to bring the dummy's wand toward him. "You know, it's a shame actually. I'm getting better than you. Bet you didn't think that would happen." Smirking again, a part of him hoped he'd done enough to get on her nerves, but another part of him hoped he hadn't hurt her. Quickly feeling sorry for being rude to Lucy, he said, "Let me help you." and walked toward her.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 pm

Lucy was attempting to cast the spell once again when Wade's voice startled her. "You're right, it isn't." she lamented silently, waiting to see if her wand would do some damage to the dummy's wand. Watching in slight awe as her cousin cast the spell once again, Lucy felt a spark of jealousy run through her body, overpowering her thoughts. I have always excelled at everything, you haven't.

Her jealousy was only fired by his words. "I can do it myself, Wade." she spat as she saw him come closer and offer his help. "I have always done everything by myself. Books and practice never did much for me, I have a natural talent." she hoped he would know what she was referring to, she wanted her words to sting as much as they could. With that, she headed back to another spot to practice on her own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One (Year IV)   Lesson One (Year IV) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One (Year IV)
Page 1 of 1