Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Morgana rustled through the streets of Hogsmeade. She grinned. She was allowed to go there now! Well, at least for her job. She wasn't sure about the other rules there. But, she didn't want to get in trouble, so she had decided to just keep to the parlour. Which was no problem at all! Seriously, she got to taste all the new samples!

When she reached her job she grinned. This was her job! And somehow her thoughts drifted to Mordred. He was not going to be pleased, but he'd be more easy-going about it due to the fact that it was ice cream, and not a place where one sold firewhiskey. Morgana walked up to the desk and grinned. "Morgana reporting for duty," she said to her boss, who smiled back at her. "Well, you know what to do! I'll take a break now, so just go on, come behind the desk," her boss said and Morgana did.

It felt good. Her boss left upstairs and Morgana smiled at the few small tables just waiting to be filled. Of course... That wasn't something she could really know for sure, but she had to have some costumers, right? She looked at the many flavors and then she snorted. One of the bars with all the flavors was called 'alcoholic flavors'. And one of them was of course called 'Firewhiskey'. She'd leave that out when she told Mordred.

She leaned on the desk and waited for a costumer. And waited. And waited. And finally, the bell sounded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Zaiden walked into the ice cream parlor, smiling as the memories of his student years when he came here flooded back. He wondered if the icy treats would taste the same. His gaze swept the shop with interest. No, nothing had seemed to change. It was still the same happy shop from his memories. Finally, his eyes stopped at the small first-year behind the counter. Were first-years allowed to work at Hogsmead now? That was a definite change in rules. The professor internally shrugged and walked up to the counter, smiling at the student.

"Hello, Mrs. Gaunt." he murmured warmly, "When did you start working here?" He cocked his head slightly. He knew of the girl's family history, but he found her to be quite pleasant. He did not see a connection to her family through behavior. At least, not yet... He had, after all, not been employed for very long...
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 am

Morgana blinked when she saw it was one of the professors. Black, it was. She would recognize that name anywhere. After all, it was one of the purest lines of magicians left. She didn't have him as a professor though, as his subject was merely for third years and up. But Ancient Runes seemed pretty interesting, so she was thinking of taking it during her third year. Rather that than Divination.

She gave a smile. "Hello professor Black. Yes, this is my first day, actually. Or, not quite. it's my first day without the help of others, though my boss is just upstairs," she said with a smile. "In other words, you have the honor of being my first customer. So, what can I get you?" she asked, feeling pretty good at that moment herself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 am

Zaiden grinned and replied "Well, that's great! And I'm honored to be your first customer." He scanned the menus showing the flavors. He quickly made up his mind, turning back to the student. "I'd like a simple cone with two scoops of Rocky Roads please" The professor leaned comfortable on the counter while he watched Morgana work. She really did seem like a nice girl. He hoped that she might join his class when she was a third-year. She looked like a bright witch for her age. Playing with a Galleon absent mindedly, he thought of how he would plan out his first class.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character
Activity: Adult, Daily Prophet Journalist

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:44 am

Andrew had just left for his date with Selene Vega, so Richard ended up wandering High Street on his own. Just as he thought it was perhaps time to head back to London, he spotted a small familiar shop. Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, the sign read, Every flavour you could possibly imagine!. I can imagine quite a lot, he thought to himself with a grin as he made his way towards the entrance.

The place was empty, apart from a young man with loosely curly black hair and a dark-haired girl, both standing beside the counter. "Good day" Richard greeted them before approaching.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 am

Morgana couldn't help to grin, and it honestly wasn't like her. She had grinned more this morning than she had that entire year. But maybe it was due to the responsibility that had fallen on her shoulders. She liked the fact that she was keeping a job at the age of eleven.

"Coming right up," she said with the same grin and put on a glove before taking the cone he requested and took the spoon and scooped up to balls of ice cream of Rocky Road. She had just presented it to him when a question popped into her mind. "Professor, what is Ancient Runes like? I've been wondering about the third year subjects for a while," she asked.

Then a new customer entered. She had never seen him before, so either he was a regular or not from Hogsmeade at all. She guessed at the last. Morgana smiled at him.

"Welcome sir," she said politely before turning back to the professor. "That'll be 40 sickles," she said softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Zaiden laughed softly at the first-year's question as he dug through his pockets for his wallet. "What's Ancient Runes like..." He sighed, still smiling. He counted out the silver coins and placed them on the counter before answering. "Well, my class hasn't started yet, due to a lack of students. But when I took the course, my professor would teach us all the runes and their meanings in different contexts, and have us translate texts for homework. He gave us a lot of hard work to do, and did not grade generously. I don't think I will be quite that hard on my students, my teacher tended to take things to extremes." The professor ran a hand through his raven hair, moving over for the new customer, nodding his head in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:53 pm

"So you're a professor at Hogwarts?" Richard wondered in a curious tone upon taking a seat beside the man. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." he added with a smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Zaiden looked up at the man and smiled. "Yes, I teach Ancient Runes. I started not too long ago." He replied in a warm tone. "And don't worry about it, if it were a private conversation, then it would not be said in a public place." He added with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 am

Morgana smiled. "I see. I hope you won't be too harsh on us, no. I mean, we need to learn things, of course, but when teachers make it too hard, no one really likes it after some time. So, yeah," she said with a smile.

She then watched as the two older men started a small conversation, before she remembered that she actually was on duty. "Oh, I'm sorry, sir. It's my first day here. What can I get you?" she asked him kindly.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:56 am

"Really? That's a facinating subject." Richard replied enthusiastically. "I took it myself for a year when I was still a student at Hogwarts." He tried to remember some of the words, yet it was all but foggy memory. "I wish I paid more attention in class though." he admitted with a grin.

"No problem." he assured the girl. "What would you recommend?" Now that he could see her from up close, she appeared oddly familiar. "Have we met before?" he inquired, puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:45 am

Morgana frowned in thought. "The Berity Botts every flavour beans is a flavour, but it might be a bit of a risk, though. After all, one scoop could hold forty different flavours and not all of them is necessarily any good. But there's a butterbeer flavour, that's pretty good. You can get it both warm and cold, but I'd suggest the cold one due to the season," Morgana said with a smile. "We also have the chocolate frog flavour, and no, it doesn't pounce or jump around. That would make an awful lot of mess. And we have peppermint, licorice and really, just whatever you like, name the flavour, I can almost guarantee that we have it. Also, if you want to move on to stronger things, we have whiskey, firewhiskey and all sorts of alcoholic ice cream," she finished with a smile.

She then frowned again. "I really don't think so. I'm sure I would've remembered. I rarely forget a face. But if my name could be of any help, then it is Morgana Gaunt," she said with a shrug. She didn't forget faces at all, but boasting about it wasn't something she liked doing.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:49 pm

"Oh, well I love risks, so I'll definitely have one scoop of Bertie Bott's." he announced, then thought about what else he wanted to try. "Butterbeer and Firewhiskey sure sound very tempting, but it's a bit early in the day for such strong flavours." he commented with a smile. "So I'll take one scoop of Chocolate Frog. And it better not jump out of my cone or else I'll demand my money back." he added playfully.

"Morgana!" he exclaimed when she told him her name. "Of course, now I see the resemblance." Noticing the interrogative expression on her face, he quickly added. "I'm Richard Blackwood, I work with your father at the Ministry."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Morgana smiled and nodded. "Well then, one Bertie Bott's and one chocolate frog. I'm guessing since you said 'jump out of my cone' you want a cone? Which type? Small, medium or large?" she asked softly.

Then she blinked. He was from the Ministry. And he worked with her father. Hm... What she found really interesting was that he sounded pleasantly surprised. So Morgana tilted her head to the side. "You know, you're about the first person who has ever said something along those lines and sounded happy about it," she said ponderously, "You must be good to not get on his nerves."

She then looked at the professor again. "Is there anything else I can get you, professor? A cup of coffee or a glass of water or something?" she asked kindly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:19 am

Having murmured a soft agreement that Ancient Runes was indeed an interesting subject, he fell silent as Richard, as the man called himself, placed his order and told Morgana that he knew her father. Contenting himself by licking his ice cream thoughtfully, he spaced out. He only came back to the real world when Morgana pulled him out of his reverie. "Hmm? Oh, no, I'm fine, thank-you..." Then a question burned on his tongue, "Richard, if you don't mind me calling you that, what department do you work in?" Zaiden did not know that Morgana's father worked at the ministry. He was curious to know in which department he could be in.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:04 am

"A medium one will suffice. Thank you." he kindly responded.

Richard chuckled. "Your father is far from the most well-loved man at the office, I give you that. But if you can look past his quirks and twists, he's not a bad guy." He then turned towards the young professor. "I don't mind, as long as you tell me your name as well." he lightly replied. "And I'm a journalist for the Daily Prophet."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Morgana nodded and took a medium sized cone and scooped up one with Bertie Bott's and one with Choclate Frog. She then walked around the ice bar and gave the ice to Richard. "That'll be forty-two sickles," she said kindly.

She smiled at what he said about Mordred. "You can just say it; I'm sure he has already named himself a dozen enemies already. You should probably be proud that you're not one of them," she said with a snigger, "But you're right. He's not a bad guy. It's just easy to think so. After all, if a person hurts your pride, you don't really want to befriend such a person," Morgana said softly.

She got even more confused when he said he worked for the Daily Prophet. "So you're not even in the same department," she stated, more to herself than the two others in the parlour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 8:22 pm

"My name's Zaiden Black" he replied with a smile. "And that's a good job, there must be quite a few interesting days in your week then..." Zaiden had always thought journalists had a fun job, since they got to seem many things, some funnier than others, and meet many different people.

Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Richard handed her the money in exchange for the icecream. Licking the Chocolate Frog scoop (it was truly delicious, just like the sweet minus the frustration of seeing it jump out of the box and disappear), he listened to her comments, amused. Even though she appeared no more than eleven, twelve at most, she talked as if she were much older. She kind of reminded him of a tiny version of her father. Except she was softer and nicer than him, a trait that she undoubtedly inherited from her mother.
"He doesn't exactly do his best to avoid making enemies." Richard confirmed, the corner of his lips raised in a grin.

He then turned towards the Professor. "I can't complain." he conceded. "Actually just this morning I was having an interview with one of your colleagues, Selene Vega. We are making a special issue about Hogwarts." he explained. "So if there's anything you want to share, I'll be glad to include it in my article."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Morgana sighed. Of course he wouldn't. She wondered if he was settling in alright in the Department of Mysteries, but she didn't ask. Honestly, she should ask him about that.

She then listened in on the two men's conversation and blinked as she heard that Richard had been interviewing her Head of House. She had met professor Vega in the Slytherin common room, and the woman was really kind. She started to smile. "You could say something about the subject you teach to make more of the students at Hogwarts interested?" she suggested to professor Black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Zaiden ate his ice cream in silence, letting the other two speak of Morgana's father. The flavor was quite vivid, much better than any other that he had tasted. 

He then looked back at Richard when he spoke to him, talking of how he interviewed the Slytherin Head of House. He was surprised when the reporter asked him if he wanted to add anything. He blinked a couple times, and was about to say that he could not possibly have anything more to tell him that Selene hadn't already talked about, when Morgana suggested that he talk about his class. Shrugging, he thought 'Why not?'.

"Well, I don't think I could tell you much more about the castle itself, unless you want to know the best ways to avoid being caught when causing mischief," he started, grinning, "but, as for my class, I'm doing more than just the standard runes that are usually taught. I'll be teaching some Futhark and Anglo-Saxon/Frisian Runes, among others. Hopefully that will create some diversity and be slightly less boring for the students..."

(ooc: Sorry it took so long, I was busy with studying for my finals, and I forgot to post for my absence...)
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Richard nodded, listening to Zaiden's comments on his subject while his quill scribbled down the professor's words. He had nearly finished his Chocolate Frog scoop, which left the Bertie Bott's one. One scoop could hold forty different flavours and not all of them is necessarily any good, he recalled Morgana's warning. Cautiously, he tasted it and was relieved to discover that it was cherry. Taking a mouthful, he instantly made a face when the sweet fruity savour was replaced by a disgusting one, that reminded him of rotten eggs.

"Thank you, Professor Black" he said when the man was done. "What about you, Morgana? Is there anything you want to say about your experiences in Castle so far?"
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 12:56 am

Morgana listened to what Zaiden was saying about the subject. She realized that this might be a subject she'd take in her third year. It didn't sound half-bad. She wondered what it would be like, knowing runes, and if she'd have any use of it. Either way, it could be nice to know about in some way, right?

She looked at Richard and shrugged. "Hogwarts has proven to be pretty amazing. I mean, the subjects are really interesting and the professors keep them that way. The students are friendly, at least, most of them are. And you might have a hard time finding your way around the place, considering the size, but you'll almost always find someone who can help you. So, I like it," she concluded softly.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Richard kept 'enjoying' his ice-cream while the girl shared her experiences. He had had a particularly bad streak. Leather, sand and then... could it be Brussel Sprouts?

"What can you tell me about the professors? Are they strict, kind...?" he inquired, still trying to get rid of the horrible taste that lingered in his mouth. "And you can be honest, I'm sure Zaiden won't tell his colleagues what you say about them." he added with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Morgana looked on as Richard's faceexpression changed between the tastes. He seemed to be a bit unlucky, but he was good at disguising his dislike. She couldn't help but find it absolutely hilarious though, even though she didn't laugh out loud.

She grinned at professor Black and shrugged. "Well, I have nothing bad to say about professor Black, since I've never had him as a professor. But those I have had... Well, I guess there are the strict ones and the relaxed ones, but I feel quite indifferent about that. I can keep up either way. But I suppose professor Umbranox would be my favorite. I don't quite know why, but he explains things really well and he makes everything so easy to understand. And he inspires people with compliments," she said softly. She really enjoyed the DADA-lessons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]   Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting to work with Ice Cream [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next