Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

A Dear Colleague [Plot]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Daily Prophet Journalist

A Dear Colleague [Plot]  Empty
PostSubject: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:27 am

"An Ogden's Old on the rocks." Richard almost shouted at the waiter. "Make that a double." he corrected just as the young man was walking away with a confused expression on his face. How could the Prophet have sunken so low? he thought to himself angrily, observing the large crowd moving about the long hall like ants, some hastily heading towards the sets of double golden gates that led to the access lifts, while others regained the fireplaces lined along the wall and disappeared in a swirl of green flames. When did the once lustrous newspaper turn into the worst tabloid of the wizarding world?

He had been in quite a good mood when he had arrived at the ministry headquarters sometime earlier for his meeting about the new issue. He had been rather pleased with his report about the mysterious disappearance of a renowned magical historian in Berkshire, and had been certain his boss would share the same feeling. He had never expected to be told that his work was going to be replaced by an article related to yet another wedding between Lorcan d'Eath and one of his much younger female admirers. He had perhaps slightly overreacted, which led to him being kindly asked to leave the reunion.

Do they really think that people are blind? That they don't see what's going on? Things were definitely beginning to stir again, and bombarding readers with news about petty celebrities would not be enough to keep them from realizing that a dark time was ahead. He might risk to lose his job for that, but Richard was certainly not going to stand idly by and let them being manipulated like that.

The sight of a familiar figure heading towards him suddenly interrupted him in his musings.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Head of Department of Mysteries

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 am

Mordred had been sitting in the laboratory for eight hours straight and had finally started to notice that if he continued, his research would involve living toads and human's thumbs. So he figured it was time to go take a pause or something. He walked out of the office and followed the path he had become so familiar with. When he opened the door to the Department of Mysteries and walked through the long corridor only lit with torches, he finally entered the elevator that he found as one of the world's worst creations. Honestly, why on earth didn't they simply use a spell to make it steady? There were many of those spells. But no.

Mordred sighed and got out of the elevator when he reached the Atrium. He really needed something to drink. Probably to eat as well, but he couldn't eat while he was still at work. He needed his body to focus entirely on his task, not to focus on the cellular respiration. So something to drink would have to do. He looked around and his eyes were diverted as he heard a slightly raised voice. His eyes landed on Richard Blackwood. Well, the man seemed angry for some reason. Probably something about the Prophet. Mordred studied him for a moment, and while the waiter was off getting Blackwood's order, Mordred noticed how Richard seemed to fall into deep thoughts. And they were not pleasant, that Mordred could see.

He shuffled his feet and walked towards Richard and noticed how his eyes turned to Mordred when he came closer. "Hard day at work?" Mordred asked casually before sitting down at the same table, not bothering to ask if he might sit down.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

"Don't even get me started." Richard deeply sighed, beckoning the waiter to return to their table. "What about you? What news from the dark corners of your impenetrable fortress? Still trying to figure out a way to stop time or cheat death?" he questioned with a grin. He knew that as an Unspeakable Mordred was not allowed to reveal too much about his work, yet he liked to tease him all the same.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Mordred smirked. "I take that as a challenge. Let me guess; you had a great scoop and it was totally overrun by some celebrity gossip that no one cares about," he said wickedly. He enjoyed annoying people, there was no denying that, but he also knew that Richard were one of the only people who could take it without stalking off with plans of murder.

"Ah, you know. Same old story. Oh, and defying death? Already figured that one out," Mordred said, grinning at his own joke, "No, really, but stopping time... hm, that sounds interesting. I will be getting back to you on that," he added. Truth was, something about what Richard said intrigued him. He was busy with stabilizing Time Turners, he hadn't considered just stopping time. And of course, other things were also on his mind at that moment of time. Not that he could talk about it. And neither did he have a desire to talk about it. He only wanted to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Richard stared at his colleague, speechless for a moment. Mordred Gaunt had shown an incredible ability to see things other people overlooked ever since Richard had first met him, but this was pretty frightening. "It seems I have to add mind-reading to the list of things you and your Unspeakables work on." he remarked with a grin.

"And please let me know when you figure out the time stopping thing. I know of a lot of situations where it could come in very useful." Like cursing my boss without having to be punished for it. By then, the waiter had returned, carrying Richard's drink. He placed it in front of him upon flashing him a somewhat apprehensive glance and then turned to his coworker. "How can I help you?" he inquired in a polite tone.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:23 am

Mordred gave a sigh. "It's not mindreading, it is simple observations. You are never so mad that you take it out on other parties, except when it has to do with your job. Even then, it is never audible, as it was now. And that makes me think the scoop was not only personal gain? Maybe something everyone should know?" he said monotonously, even though he was actually enjoying himself. Reading people was his favorite hobby, even though many people were offended by it.

Mordred nodded. "I shall," he said. Then the waiter returned. Mordred gave him a crooked look, and looked positively bored. "A coffee please. Black, two sugars. Maybe an extra shot of caffeine. Days are hard," he said boredly before turning back to Richard, quite clearly wanting the waiter gone, not giving a damn if the waiter found that insulting. Something he obviously did as he shuffled his feet rather angrily and stalked off.

"That guy is going to be really happy when he gets off work," Mordred said, seemingly pretty pleased with himself.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am

Richard listened carefully to his analysis, an admiring smile forming on his face. “Not bad, Sherlock.” he admitted when Mordred was done, wondering if the pure-blood wizard would get the muggle reference. He was about to tell him of the article when the waiter reappeared.

Richard chuckled at his colleague’s comment and his interaction with the server, though he couldn’t help feeling slightly sorry for the man. Richard had grown used to Mordred’s lack of kindness towards others, and even found it amusing, but it seemed that not everyone shared that opinion. I will just leave him a generous tip, he promised himself.

“Have you heard about Chroniculus Punnet?” Richard inquired upon taking a long sip of his drink. “The man supposedly went for a hike and then disappeared in broad daylight. I was supposed to make a report on that. When I went to Windsor, some people who knew him told me that he hadn’t been himself lately, that he was obsessed with some discovery he had just made. And then next day, he's gone. You tell me if that doesn’t seem suspicious. So, of course I wrote that in my article, but when my boss read it he said that I was making up conspiracy theories.” His tone was growing more and more furious as he pursued. “So they replaced it with Lorcan D’Eath’s bloody wedding and told me they would try to include my report somewhere if I agreed to write that the man just got lost in the woods or attacked by an animal. Attacked by an animal!” he repeated with a sour laughter. “What an insult.”

He felt a strong thumping in his right temple and took another sip of whiskey to calm down.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Mordred frowned lightly. "Did you just call me Sherlock? What in Merlin's name is a sherlock?" Mordred asked confused, and, of course, annoyed at himself for not knowing what a sherlock was.

He returned his attention to Richard when the journalist started to ask about what he had uncovered. Chroniculus Punnet? Other than a funny name (though, who was Mordred to judge for that), Mordred didn't really know anything about him. But despite that, Mordred frowned during the entire explination of Richard's. When Richard took a sip from his whiskey, Mordred fell into deep thought. He placed his hands together and put them thoughtfully up to his lips. He was looking at the stirrings in the whiskey and wondered about what was happening. Would one disappearance really mean the rising of a new dark wizard, or could it be something else? But why would the publishers be so intolerable when it came to publishing it. As for Lorcean D'Eath... Well, who really cared?

He was interrupted in his thoughts by the coffee he ordered being put on his table by the waiter. Mordred was about to not do anything, when his daughter's voice hit him. She always told him that it really couldn't hurt him to be friendly. "Thank you," he said calmly, and though not as kindly as other people did, it was something, right? He took a sip from the coffee.

"It is suspicious, I'll give you that. Have you heard of any more disappearances like that? And you said people thought he was acting different... Did he get to tell anything about this discovery of his?" he asked. He felt himself being intrigued by this, though he had no details as of yet. He sighed. "You made the article, right? Can I get a copy? I could try to find out some more, if you want me to. After all, the equipment available to the Unspeakables are beyond your imagination, I am sure. What do you think?" he asked, taking another sip of the coffee.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 pm

"Come on, are you seriously telling me you've never heard of Sherlock Holmes?" Richard inquired, laughing. He was certain the vast majority of pure-blood wizards shared his ignorance in the matter, yet the irritated expression on Mordred's face was far too valuable not to tease him some more. "He's only the most famous muggle fictional detective ever. I'll bring you one of the books. I'm sure you'll love it. You two have a lot in common."

"Unfortunately no, he was always very secretive about his work. Very suspicious of others, even paranoid according to some. But I know his area of expertise was medieval Britain, the founding of Hogwarts and such, so I'll have to guess it had something to do with that." He played with his glass, pondering about the whole thing for a moment before answering Mordred's other question. "Now that you mention it, I do remember one similar event. It was a month ago, maybe two. Felix Greyblend, he was a potioneer living in Scotland. Same thing happened to him. One day he was there, the next gone without a trace. But he was old and grumpy, so no one cared enough to dig deeper." A magical historian and a potioneer, Richard summarized in his mind. Different places, different time. If there was a connection, he was unable to grasp it.

"Yes, of course. I think I have it right here." he responded, searching through his bag. Next second, he pulled out a piece of parchment and handed it to Mordred. The man seemed more than interested by Richard's tale. "See what you can find out. Just be careful, I don't want to cause you any trouble with this." he said seriously.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Mordred looked omiously at Richard. "You're enjoying this," he said annoyed. He'd have to look up on this Sherlock person. But it seemed to be a fictional character. "We have a lot in common? Really? I can't wait to see that," he said dubiously. No way was he believing that someone could be similar to him. Especially a muggle detective that was a fictional character.

Mordred nodded to what Richard said and thought about everything he knew from the founding of Hogwarts. That was a lot, but he couldn't see why anything a man figured out about that would get him killed. It had to be of great importance. He then thought about the potioneer. How on earth could that be connected. "Maybe something from the medieval times had some importance to potions, and a historian would simply love a new discovery," he mused. But it seemed a bit far-fetched. "If this means that the Dark Ones are on the move again, then I wonder what they want. If they killed those two people, because they had figured out something no one was supposed to figure out of... Hm... Seems I need to do some research back in time," Mordred said softly.

He accepted the piece of parchment and studied what was written. First impression was unimportant; Richard wrote the article in a very strategized way, making it easy and interesting to read. Even if it wasn't true, something it really seemed to be, an editor would be somewhat stupid for not taking the article seriously only because it was well-written and would draw attention from the public. Much more so than what D'Eath was up to. No one cared anymore. If people did, they really were more shallow than Mordred gave them credit for. He then snorted.

"Careful?" he asked, amused, not taking his eyes off the article, "There is no careful in this world anymore, Richard. If you want to find out of something, sacrifices has to be made. Speaking of which. You are one of the very few people who knows that I have a daughter. I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk openly about it. Of course, it wouldn't be hard to find out, but I'd rather not leave it out in the open. That has got nothing to do with this article, though, more generally the fact that I work in the Department of Mysteries."

He spoke without worry, but he was worried. Morgana was about the only thing he would ever worry about. He'd prefer keeping her safe.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:21 pm

After a few glances left and right to assure that no one else was within earshot, Richard leaned forward and lowered his voice. "You know, when I interviewed Rufford a few weeks ago, he confessed that the Dark Ones were after a new weapon, something they didn't have last time. He even told me he had a lead concerning its location, but wouldn't say anything else." Richard spun his glass, watching the whiskey swirl inside it.

After a few seconds he pursued. "What if that threat was linked to the disappearances? If the Dark Ones had something to do with it, perhaps they kidnapped the two of them to further their plans and help them acquire the weapon?" he wondered. The mind sees what it chooses to see, a tiny voice reminded him. "Of course, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves before we know more." he added in a more careful tone.

He took another sip from his drink while Mordred was busy examining the article. "Of course, Mordred." he assured him gravely. "I would never do anything that could put Morgana in harm's way." Richard liked taking many things lightly in life, but this was certainly not one of them. And he was very well aware that even though Mordred seemed to hate the whole world, there was nothing more precious in his eyes than his girl.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Mordred frowned when Richard leaned forward. Whatever was about to be said, was not to be discussed in such trivial places as this. But still, when he heard what Richard told him, he couldn't help but wonder. It had to have something to do with the medieval times, and maybe even about the founders themselves. "If it is about a weapon and a professor of medieval studies, it has to have an importance of magic itself. Possibly something within a great magicians grasp. Like Merlin or the Founders, even," Mordred said lowly.

He nodded. "That is possible, but even so, it might be that they didn't abduct them. Maybe they killed them because they knew too much. But in that case, they already know where this weapon is, and we'd be in open war already. No, they must have abducted them to get more information out of them. Let's hope they don't know all that much, and that their minds are strong against evil," he said calmly, "But if so, they'll either wind up mad, or dead. Hm... Most interesting."

Mordred was battling a massive grin. He loved his mysteries. The fact that this was happening... It was like Christmas had come early. "No, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, but I'd say it's better to figure this out before they get the weapon, even if it has got nothing to do with it. Maybe the people stumbled upon something in their discoveries that killed them on its own. No one knows what dark power might've existed back in the day," he said.

Mordred nodded appreciatively. He'd never expect Richard to do anything that could hurt his daughter, of course not, but he simply wanted to make sure. No one would expect people to think it's bad to say that they have kids. Honestly.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blackwood

Richard Blackwood

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Richard remained silent, his mind reviewing every possible meaning these somber occurrences could hold. He didn't know which was worse, the Dark Ones being on the verge of getting their hands on the weapon that would give them the edge in an upcoming war, or a deadly mystical force awakened from its ancient slumber. Whatever it was, something needed to be done.

When he glanced at Mordred again, he couldn't help noticing the man appeared to be enjoying himself. His colleague's fondness of mysteries was no secret, and Richard shared that passion himself. Yet people had gone missing and were possibly dead, not to mention the menace the Dark Ones represented for the entire wizarding community.

"We shouldn't discuss this here." he declared as three ministry workers settled at a nearby table. "See what you can learn about it, and we'll meet again in a few days." Finishing his whiskey in one straight gulp, he left one galleon beside the empty glass, rose from his chair and headed towards one of the fireplaces.
Back to top Go down
Mordred Gaunt

Mordred Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Mordred nodded at what Richard said, having noticed the ministry workers himself. "I will," he said calmly. Richard finished his drink and left. Mordred sat for two more minutes, finishing off his coffee, thinking about what the past could have in store for the future.

He suspected he'd have to look into every single powerful magician in the medieval times. But he would start with the most powerful ones. Meaning Merlin, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. But he doubted that it would have anything to do with the latter. After all, he knew a lot about his ancestor.

But due to the notes Salazar had passed through the family, he would find links to the other founders, and he was the Head of House while Merlin attended Hogwarts in Slytherin. He could find out of this. He put the required sickles on the table for the coffee and rose, leaving the atrium, walking to his office again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dear Colleague [Plot]    A Dear Colleague [Plot]  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dear Colleague [Plot]
Page 1 of 1