Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term Empty
PostSubject: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 am

Please write a 2-inch (2 paragraphs) essay on what you learned during your first lesson. The first inch (paragraph) should be about the benefits of using the broom instead of other modes of transportation. The second inch (paragraph) should be on your experiences on commanding the broom. Did you like it? What parts were you good at (if any)? What parts do you need to work on (if any)?

(These should be In Character.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Rebecca Jones
Gryffindor
1st Year

There are many modes of transportation in the wizarding world, although I would prefer the broomstick. I say that because it has many benefits over other means of transportation. For example, you need to have seen someone die to fly with Thestrals whereas you can see brooms anywhere, anytime. Or you could get splinched while Apparating and need to picture your destination perfectly or you might end up somewhere else. The broom doesn’t get you splinched and you don’t need a perfect image of your destination in your mind to fly.
My experiences on commanding the broom are very smooth. That is because when I was about nine years old, mum took me to my wizard aunt's house and me and my cousins used to fly around with brooms. They taught me the “UP” command so I am very good at it. I love to fly the broom because it makes me feel free.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Aylee Walters
Ravenclaw
1st Year
There are many benefits on using the broom instead of other means of transportation. When using a Portkey (a magical object that transports you from a place to another) you have to touch it on time so you won’t miss it although the broom is always there when you need it. Apparation needs total concentration on the place you need to go and you can easily get splinched although on the broom, you don’t need total concentration.
My experience on commanding the broom wasn’t very good. It was as though the broom could sense my fear because I am
very afraid of flying and heights. The part I need to work on is “UP” command. I didn’t like it because I am deadly afraid of falling off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Spencer Quinn
Gryffindor
1st Year

Well, brooms are better than any other mode of transportation because anyone can use them, at almost any age. They're easier to learn how to use, and they can't be tracked with magic. Although I can't wait to learn to Apparate when I come of age, I'll be using the broom just as much. As for Floo powder, forget it. At least with brooms, your accuracy in getting where you need to go doesn't depend on your ability to speak clearly while in a fireplace.

Commanding the broom was a piece of cake for me. Sounding confident was the easiest part for me, because I was confident. I mean, I've been flying on brooms since I was little. Plus, I'm on my House's Quidditch team. However, I guess I could do with paying attention a little more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Auden Mayer
Ravenclaw
1st year

The benefits of using a broom instead of other transportation are that anyone can use brooms and they are easier to learn how to use properly unlike floo, apparition, and pork key. Broom are also good for when you aren't sure where you are going. With apparition and floo powder you have to know exactly where you are going. Also with floo powder you have to say where you are going correctly. And if you say it wrong you can get lost. With apparition it can be very dangerous because you can risk splinching if you don't do it correctly. Broom are all about guiding the broom to where you need to go. It is much easier and safer.

Commanding the broom was very easy for me. I've been flying since I was a little girl. Commanding it with a confident voice was very easy for me because I knew how to do it properly. I enjoy flying a lot so this isn't new for me. I guess I could be more attentive when I'm flying because I don't want to get hurt. Also I need to master the cloaking charm so when I'm flying I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term   Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term Empty

Back to top Go down

Homework 1: Due Last Day of Term
Page 1 of 1