Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Too Excited to Think EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Too Excited to Think EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Too Excited to Think EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Too Excited to Think EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Too Excited to Think EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Too Excited to Think EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Too Excited to Think EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Too Excited to Think EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Too Excited to Think EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Too Excited to Think EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Too Excited to Think EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Too Excited to Think EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Too Excited to Think EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Too Excited to Think EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Too Excited to Think EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Too Excited to Think

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Too Excited to Think Empty
PostSubject: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Rebecca skipped to where she was told was the Gryffindor common room. She was new to Hogwarts and was overloaded with excitement. But all she saw was a big portrait of a fat lady. Confused, she looked around, hoping to see someone to help her. Her mother was a Hufflepuff so she didn't know what she was supposed to do with a portrait of a fat lady. Rebecca looked a bit closer, hoping to achieve a clue. Suddenly, the fat lady moved!
"Password?" it said.
Password?! Rebecca screamed inside her head.
"How am I supposed to know it?" she exclaimed. Now what did she do?
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm

On his way to the Common Room, Ryland carried a book over simple charms that he'd checked out from the library. He was on his way to practice some simple spells and getting a good night's sleep when he got there and realized that the entrance was blocked by a girl. She seemed to not know the password as she asked the Fat Lady how it was that she was supposed to know "it".

"If you are in Gryffindor, you should know the password." replied the Fat Lady, with smile on her face that showed Ryland she thought she had won. Approaching them both, the girl and the portrait, Ryland greeted the Lady and said, "Burning Day."
After hearing the password, the Lady gave him a playful look and the door to the Common Room opened.
"It's Burning Day, because apparently that's what happens when a phoenix dies and comes back to life." he explained to the girl, "It's rather complicated to understand why we'd need a password anyway."

"I'm Ryland by the way" he said as he shyly extended his hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Rebecca was too busy being mad at the Fat Lady portrait to notice another Gryffindor walking up to her. She looked towards him and rolled her eyes.
"How am I supposed to know the password if I am new here?" she asked him as he said the password.
Burning Day, Rebecca thought, determined to remember it. She watched as the Lady portrait swung open, revealing an entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room. She looked back the boy just in time to see him introduce himself.
"Nice to meet you, Ryland!" Rebecca said, smiling brightly and shaking his hand. "I'm Rebecca."
She hoped that she wasn't annoying this person.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:59 am

"A prefect must have given it to you upon getting sorted..." Ryland explained. "It's kind of his fault if he didn't. Just think of a phoenix and it should be easier."

As she shook his hand, he was glad to know he wouldn't have to do much of the talking as she seemed to be a very friendly person. "Nice to meet you too, Rebecca." he said, the thought about something else to say.
"It's really nice to see more Gryffindors around. All I see are Slytherins." he said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 am

Shah was seated in her favourite place in the room: the couch in front of the fireplace. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail, she'd got rid of the robes as it was too hot, there was a small pillow placed on her lap, and a book on the pillow. Shah wasn't reading the book though; she was staring into the fire, a slight grin on her face. She was thinking about Wade and how they were going out now.

As two younger students walked in, Shah looked up, the book long forgotten. It was a girl who was obviously new, and Shah remembered seeing the boy somewhere in the Entrance Hall when she'd met Aylee. Shah was in no mood to be her annoying self, so she decided to give both of them a warm welcome to Gryffindor.

"Hi there, both of you." Shah smiled at them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:00 pm

"Wow," Rebecca said at Ryland's remark about Slytherins. "Then how many Gryffindors are there?"
She stepped into the entrance to the Common Room and looked back to check that Ryland was behind her. Upon entering the room, she tried to keep herself from gasping. It was miles better than her family's living room. Then Rebecca noticed another Gryffindor girl walking up to them.
"Hi!" she replied. "I'm Rebecca."
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:40 pm

"Don't know exactly how many, but very few." Ryland replied with a smile. Walking behind her, he noticed a girl he'd met before already but couldn't remember her name. All he knew was that he'd met her at about the same time he'd met Aurelia.

Seeing the look of surprise on Rebecca's face, he looked around trying to look for something that might have caused it, but found nothing but the red haired girl. Ignoring it, Ryland took a seat in front of her and said, "Hello, you're a second year, aren't you?" He needed someone with enough experience to teach him the spells he was supposed to practice.
Looking back at Rebecca, he wondered whether she would take a seat or not as he had grown to like her in the first few seconds of being around her. Glancing back at the older girl, he was glad they were all much friendlier than him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm

"Well, I guess we have to try as hard as we can to win the House Cup, right?" Rebecca grinned back at Ryland.
She watched as he settled in one of the chairs. Tempted to do so, she did the same, almost jumping into one of the armchairs without waiting for the red haired girl to introduce herself. It was a bit rude, but she couldn't resist it and it was the first time in ages she was comfortable. As Ryland asked the red haired girl something, Rebecca stared around the room, admiring everything in it.
She pushed away a few hairs that were dangling in front of her eyes and stared at the window, watching the sky turn dark blue.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Shah smiled at both of them as they sat down near her. "Yes, I'm a second year. Shah Chelsea Hazel. You guys are....?"

Before she said that, Shah listened to their conversation. The guy was right of course. She was tired of seeing green everywhere. For once, she was pleased to see red around. She liked the girl's confidence that they were going to win the house cup. Shah was determined to win it this term, too. Last time the Slytherins won it. But this time was going to be different. Shah grinned internally, thinking about how this was probably going to be the last term the Slytherins would win. But maybe she was just being over-confident?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 am

Rebecca grinned as she looked back at the girl was called herself Shah. She hoped that Gryffindor would win the House Cup too.
"Hi, Shah," she said. "I'm Rebecca."
She glanced at Ryland and saw him looking at her. Quickly, she looked away and felt her face going red.
"So," she exclaimed, trying to hide it. "Are you guys on the Quidditch team?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 am

Severine walked down the stairway, her shoes making little thudding sounds. She paused when she spotted several Gryffindors all talking together. One of the girls was blushing red and so was another guy.

"Hullo fellow lions," she called. She stepped into the little group, "Why are you two blushing?" Severine pointed out in her usual blunt way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Rebecca heard another voice and looked up to see another Gryffindor.
"Am not!" she exclaimed.
To her, it was a bit rude for a random girl to come up to her and ask why she was blushing. A frown spread on her face as she didn't feel it hot anymore. Then she looked at Shah, wondering if she was going to answer her question.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 am

"Hi, I'm Ryland." He said quickly, trying to move to the point of his first question. "I was actually wondering if you or anyone you know could help me out with some apparently simple spells I still haven't been able to master in class? I know it may be too forward to ask since I just met you, but I really want to pass the year." he explained as he held the book in his hands, desperately wanting her to say yes or to introduce him to a tutor.

"No," Ryland replied to Rebecca as he looked at her. "I applied a few days ago but I still haven't gotten an answer." Deep down, he was scared of what the answer would be. They could easily decline his application, and that would be terrible. But they could also accept it, and that made him nervous.

At the sight of another person joining, Ryland smiled at her. He remembered her introduction from the Gryffindor Meeting but he couldn't quite remember her name so he did not say anything. After hearing Rebecca's answer, he chuckled. He never did quite understood why girl's blushed anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 am

Severine looked at the book in Ryland's hand. "I can help if you want,"she offered. "And no," she answered Rebecca'a question, "I'm not on the Quidditch team. I suck at Quidditch, most probably gonna fail the final flying exam."
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Shah nodded at Rebecca. "Yeah, I'm the Chaser. Are you going to try out for the team?" That's when another girl entered, and Shah couldn't help but wonder how randomly she asked the question. It was rude of course. Shah chuckled at Ryland's question.

Now I remember his name....

"I don't know if I'm good, but I can teach you if you want." She couldn't imagine why he would want to learn from her. Joking, she asked, "Why? Don't you like the teachers in Hogwarts?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm

"I wish I could," replied Rebecca a bit upset. "But I heard you need your own broom. I don't have enough to buy a decent one."
She just shrugged and listened to Shah and Ryland's conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:15 am

"No, that's not it." Ryland half smiled. "I just don't feel very comfortable around the professor." In a way, he felt terrible for judging the man before knowing him, but something about him just did not feel right to Ryland. It was something that he did not know how to explain.

Ryland then turned to Rebecca when she said she didn't have enough money to buy a broom. "Neither do I." he explained, wondering how many students in the castle were truly rich. So far, from what Lucy had told him, it seemed it was only Slytherins that were born into great, powerful families. Ryland hated that unfairness.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Shah chuckled at Ryland's reply. "I'll teach you when you want, then. Just let me know." Then Rebecca replied looking a bit upset. Ryland added that he didn't have a broom either.

Shah shook her head. "You guys don't necessarily need brooms. The school provides for the one's who don't have them. You can use your own broom once you've bought it." Then she added, "But the school brooms aren't that good. I don't have my own broom either, actually."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Rebecca grinned, feeling more hopeful.
"What models does the school have?" she asked Shah, excited.
Maybe she could apply for the Gryffindor Team! By that time, she might earn some money and buy a broom of her own. Then she turned to Ryland.
"So what classes do you take?" Rebecca asked, curious.
He might be in one of her classes. It would be great to see a familiar face somewhere, since she didn't know everyone. Rebecca herself didn't take on much classes, although she especially liked Astronomy, outer space was super interesting to her.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 am

"Thank you." Ryland smiled at Shah. She seemed to be a nice person, and Ryland felt blessed to not have to go through any troubles with people yet. After Shah replied to Rebecca, his eyes widened with curiosity. "We don't? need our own?" After a few seconds though, a question crossed his mind. "How much does a broom generally cost?"

When Rebecca spoke, he turned to her. "Um, I'm taking Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, History of Magic..." he said as he counted the classes with his fingers. "I think that's all." He looked at her then added, "I'm a muggleborn, so I'm trying to learn as much as I possibly can."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:16 am

"It depends on the model," Rebecca explained to Ryland. "The slowest broom is, I think, about 35 Galleons. But it's super slow, I forgot the model. You need about over a 100 Galleons to buy a decent broom that's not slow."
Sighing, she listened to Ryland speak again.
"I'm a half-blood," Rebecca replied, grinning. "I take-" she held up her fingers to start counting her classes too. "Flying, Care of Magical Creatures, Herbology, Astronomy and Transfiguration... I'm pretty sure that's it?"
She had forgotten to make a list. Shaking her head, she stayed quiet, with no idea what to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Excited to Think   Too Excited to Think Empty

Back to top Go down

Too Excited to Think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Castle :: Gryffindor Tower :: Gryffindor Common Room-
Jump to: