Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4

Go down 
+3
Kathrine Winter
Carmen Gonzales
Drew Sorinski
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Drew Sorinski

Drew Sorinski

My Character
::
Activity: Magical Creatures Professor

Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 Empty
PostSubject: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Drew sat outside looking at the creatures that were lazing around. He had no idea how many of his students would be able to see them and it would be interesting to see who did.

Not everyone got the chance to see them but for those who did it was a curse and yet their was a beauty to the creatures that were there.

Parchment in hand he looked down at what it said.

What is this creature that is here and I assure you there is one here.
What are the criteria for seeing such a creature.
I would like those who have seen one to please explain the reason you have seen one in your lifetime.

Looking back up he waited for the students to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Carmen Gonzales
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Carmen Gonzales

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Carmen walked over to the place were Magical Creatures lesson was held. She couldn't see any creatures there. "Hello, professor," she said carefully and wondered what creatures they will learn today. She got that these were creatures what only some people can see. She sighed on that thought.

She wasn't good at naming creatures at all. She couldn't tell their name. Her mind was thought maybe it's some how something to do with death or so. She wasn't really a sure about it. She waited others to arrive now too. Maybe someone of thrm could tell what that creature is.
Back to top Go down
Kathrine Winter
First Year
First Year
Kathrine Winter

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Kathrine was looking forward to the Magical Creatures lesson more than she had expected. She was used to enjoying the quiet of the library, or the solitude of reading over being outside, though she didn’t hate that either. She decided as she headed over to where the professor was seated outside that this class would be even more knowledge, and the fact that it was outside was irrelevant, and that was why she was looking forward to it.

Though there was only one student present, Kathrine had expected to see some kind of creature nearby, but she saw nothing. Her brow creased momentarily in confusion before she concluded that they would be enlightened as to why there was nothing in sight soon enough. Hopefully sooner rather than later, though, as she was extremely curious.
Back to top Go down
Corvin Blackthorne
Second Year
Second Year
Corvin Blackthorne

My Character
Activity: Folkvang - Year I

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Magical Creatures. If there was something he and his brother agreed upon it was that they both liked any creature that wasn't normal. Running down the stairs at a pace that would send him flying if he tripped; he made his way out of the castle. He slowed down when he got close to where the class was being held and looked around as he got closer. He only saw a few students and the the professor but there was nothing else. What kind of creature was here? He certainly didn't see anything and as he made he way to the group of students he sat down and quietly looked around to see if he could see anything.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Serafina wasn't very fond of creatures or anything that lived outside to begin with. She didn't care to be dirty, or bit. She didn't care to stare at some fluffy thing and pretend to be in amazement. However, Magical Creatures was a class here that she had to take. She wasn't excited about it in the least bit, so with that being said, she took her time getting there.

It was outside, which, she loved exploring and all, but being outside around smelly things wasn't her favourite. As long as she didn't have to touch them she'd be fine. When she made it to the class, she'd noticed there were already a couple of students there. One boy and two girls. Pretty much the same amounts of students you always saw in a class. The professor stood in the front of the class, with ugly black horse things all around him. She frowned at the site of them.

She looked at the assignment. Great, she thought. She didn't know any of this. However, it did seem like not everyone could see those creatures and judging by the looks on the faces of the other students she guessed she was the only one who could see them. She was already disliked by a lot of people, this would probably only make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Drew Sorinski

Drew Sorinski

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 pm

Drew had sat quietly up front as the students slowly trickled in. After enough time had passed by he stood up and looked at the students. Taking the parchment in his hands he waved his wand and the pages floated to each of the students.

"Now I know most of you will not be able to fill this out unless you can guess what I am hinting aton your papers that you have in front of you at the moment." he said as he looked at each of the students. "I want you to take a moment to read what I have wrote and then when you are done thinking raise your hand if you have any relavant information. Begin now!" he said then sat back on his desk. He looked at his watched then back to the students.

(OOC: Anyone entering after this gets dock 5 House points. Sorry But Drew is an ass =))
Back to top Go down
Martha-Louise Ford
Fifth Year
Fifth Year
Martha-Louise Ford

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Martha sheepishly approached the field, ashamed that she was late to the first lesson. She glanced down at the paper she was given and frowned. There wasn't anything to see. Just trees and grass...wait. There were impressions in the grass like something was or had been standing there. Grinning, she quickly jotted down her answers. Thestral, only visible once someone has witnessed death and understood it. It was both a blessing and a curse when a person could see them, and Martha was slightly relieved that she couldn't. She didn't think she'd be able to handle actually witnessing her parents' deaths. Satisfied that she'd given her answer as best she could, she straightened her spine and waited for further instructions.

While waiting, she took in the scenery. There were barely any deciduous trees, and what few there were hardly had any leaves if any. Still....Despite the harsh cold of this land, it was still remarkably beautiful and calming in it's own strange way. Calming! It was calming! Perfect, she could practice some meditation while she waited for the class to really start. She settled herself on the ground with her legs crossed and closed her eyes. Hopefully nobody would be rude and attempt to disturb her until class resumed.
Back to top Go down
Carmen Gonzales
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Carmen Gonzales

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Carmen looked at that paper in front of her and tried to remember that creatures names. She maybe even might have read about it in the past. She knew that there was some creature who all people couldnt see. She thought hard until she got an idea.

It might be Thestral. You can see only when you witnessed a death and you have accept it and understood it.

She then wrote down there. She herself couldn't see that creature since she have never witnessed any ones death yet in her entire 12 years so far. So there wasn't no chance her to see that creature at all. She could tell by pictures how she looked like but right now she could't even manage that picture out in her mind. She wondered what they will do now next here. She had no idea actually. So she just waited others to finish it too.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:13 am

The professor spoke not long after she entered the field. She looked down to the paper with a frown. She didn't know any of this. Grabbing her pen, she wrote down an answer for the first question in her elegant, cursive handwriting. The animal is a large, black, very strange horse looking thing that I know nothing about and I'd assume that no one else can see it, though I'm not sure why I see it. There. That was as much as she'd possibly be able to answer.

This class was a waste of time, she didn't want to be here. She didn't care to have to learn about animals and learn why in the hell she was one of the only ones that could see this thing. She sighed as she held her paper. Who knew, maybe she'd come around to this class. Maybe she'd actually learn something and grow to love animals, but right now, that was a no go.

After writing her answer, she noticed Martha enter the classroom. She had been late. Sera flashed her a welcoming smile before turning back to the professor. She'd felt bad, he'd just finished explaining his rules and how if you were late you got Housepoints deducted. What a dick. In her opinion, he shouldn't deduct housepoints on the first day when no one knows his rules.
Back to top Go down
Freja Jonsson
First Year
First Year
Freja Jonsson

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Magical creatures, huh? Freja was great with animals! At least, she thought so. Her family were big on animals. At one point, they'd had eleven pets, including two pygmy puffs, a snake and a little yellow budgie. The pygmy puffs and the budgie were unfortunately dead now, but her family still had the snake, Ninja. Anyway, she was imagining this class would be totally easy, especially since she had a lot of knowledge about magical creatures already. Not only had she had a bunch of them as pets, her brother had told her all about the class during his holidays, and a while back she'd read through his third-year textbook. But having learnt from her previous mistake in turning up to classes unprepared, she went through her first-year textbook over a few days anyway, just to ensure she really did know what she was doing this time.

Planning to get there early, Freja left breakfast quickly, but again, she got lost in the twisted maze that was the castle, and she ended up stranded in the middle of an empty staircase when there was less than a minute until class. Luckily, she came across an older student who directed her towards the right place, but she still turned up late. Damn. And she'd hoped to make a good impression, with this class which she wanted so desperately to do well at. There weren't any creatures in there, yet; she hoped with all her hearts that they weren't to study flobberworms, which were apparently the most boring and useless creatures ever. Even so, she couldn't see any small containers. Maybe this was some sort of theory lesson, where they didn't even get to see any creatures. That sucked. Without talking and interrupting the professor who was talking, Freja slipped towards the back and picked up one of the pieces of paper there, scanning the writing curiously.

Aha! It all made sense. There was a creature here, and she was certain she knew exactly what it was. Unless it was something so minuscule they couldn't possibly see it without superhuman eyesight, it must be a thestral. And since she'd had a nice, undramatic, fortunate life so far, she couldn't see it, because the only person she knew who had died in her lifetime was her great-great-great grandmother, and she hadn't been there to see it. Freja really didn't like the last question though: if she had seen someone die, she certainly wouldn't want to explain the incident to some strange, prying professor. It certainly wasn't his business. Nonetheless, she picked up a quill to scrawl her answer.

It is a thestral. You can only see it if you have seen someone die. I have been fortunate enough not to have seen anyone die, but if I had, I certainly wouldn't be writing it down on this piece of paper, because it would be personal and none of your business.
Back to top Go down
Drew Sorinski

Drew Sorinski

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 pm

"Ok you have had enough time to finish your papers. Please hand them forward so I can read them. Give me a few moments and I will get back to you when I am done. After the students had passed their sheets up to him he began to read them all.

Reading them over he found that at least a few of the students could guess what was on the field even though they couldn't see the creature. At least one knew for certain since she had apparently witnessed someones death but didn't realize that was the reason she could see the creature.

The last paper he read amused him. She thought she a spunky one didn't she. Well he would have to eventually correct that.

Looking back up to the students he looked at each and every one of them as he spoke. "What you can or can't see is a Thestral. They are horses with bat-like wings and a lizard like skin. They can be very dangerous and the only way any of you will ever see one is if you have seen death. I see her that Miss Arud has seen one. Who did you see die to be so unfortunate to see one of these creatures?" he said looking directly at Serafina.
Back to top Go down
Freja Jonsson
First Year
First Year
Freja Jonsson

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 8:21 pm

As the class went on, Freja decided that she didn't like this man at all. Less and less every time he spoke, in fact. It was at times like this she wished adults didn't have so much superiority and authority over younger people, because some adults clearly didn't deserve the power, with their personal questions and mean looks and all the rest of it. She scowled when she handed in her paper, last, in order to make sure he read it. Clearly, because he was an adult, most likely one who thought he was great, nothing Freja wrote down on the dumb piece of paper was going to stop him being such an idiot. And she didn't want to casually walk out of class in protest, either, because she was aware he would still have that authority, to take away points and get her in trouble and force her to disappoint her family. So she stood still.

Although he ignored her response, at least for now, he was fine to announce to the class that a girl called Arud had seen one. Following his look, she realised it was Serafina, her new best friend from the corridor! Shame that he was being so horrible and picking on her to share personal information with the entire class. Freja merely sighed and picked at her fingernails, making it clear how bored and annoyed she was.
Back to top Go down
Serafina Årud
Fourth Year
Fourth Year
Serafina Årud

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 pm

She had to see death in order to see the animal. Great. Now, everyone knew that she could see this Threstral AND they all knew she'd seen someone die. What was with teachers here? Aren't student's personal lives supposed to be just that, personal? He demanded to know why she could see the Threstral. He wanted to know who she'd watched die. It made her feel like a bad person. She felt horrible, almost like a killer. How come there's such an animal as this?

As he called her out, she could feel eyes on her. It caused her face to grow red and her to look down at the grass. She didn't have to answer him. She wouldn't answer him, but what would the repercussions be? Would people be mad at her? Surely not. It was her business after all, she wasn't obligated to share. Corvin was there, the handsome lad she'd grown a huge crush on, as was Martha and Freja, two girls she'd grown to be friendly towards. She didn't want them to hate her but she wasn't ready to share about that night.

Crossing her arms, she looked up at the professor and did what she should. She showed true bravery, a true Folkvang characteristic and said with a quiet, but confident voice, "I do believe that my life is none of your business."
Back to top Go down
Drew Sorinski

Drew Sorinski

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Drew was a bit surprised at the girls response because well he didn't exactly expect anyone to be so bold. To be honest he actually liked that. The school needed more people to be bold and out their in what they thought. "Very well Miss Arud. For such a bold act that means Folkvang just got five house points. But If I ask you a question again you will answer what I want or I will not be so lenient."

Looking around at the other students he spoke again. "Thestrals can be dangerous but for the most part they are not. They are just misunderstood. Miss Arud has witnessed death first hand and has accepted that. Who it is she cares not to devulge. Is there anything anyone else can tell me about these odd creatures?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4   Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Creatures - Term 12 - Years 1-4
Page 1 of 1