Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One - All Years - Homework

Go down 
+4
Tor Odin Gunnarson
Aoife O'Donnell
Oliver Bennett
Kellin Leo Malfoy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellin Leo Malfoy

Kellin Leo Malfoy

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Lesson One - All Years - Homework Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:07 pm

Drop your homework here before class begins. Any papers turned in during or after class will have a maximum of TEN points deducted.
Back to top Go down
Oliver Bennett
Head Boy
Head Boy
Oliver Bennett

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 7, Head Boy, Three Broomsticks worker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:13 am

Oliver Bennett
Year 2 - Hufflepuff
Advanced DADA

Verdimillious Charm: The Verdimillious Charm produces green energy that can reveal objects that have been hidden by dark magic.
Tongue-Tying Curse: The Tongue Tying Curse binds the target's tongue so that they won't be able to talk about a certain subject.
Freezing Spell: The Freezing Charm conjures ice from the tip of the wand.
Stunning Spell:  The Stunning Spell renders a victim unconscious and stops moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse:  The Full Body Bind Curse paralyses the opponent.
Levicorpus: Levicorpus raises the target high up in the air by their ankles.
Shield Charm: The Shield Charm creates a protective barrier for the caster and can be used against spell or other entities.
Reviving Spell: The Reviving Spell works as the counter-spell for the Stunning Spell.
Reductor Curse: The Reductor Curse blasts, or dissolves, solid objects.

Freezing Spell

I love winter! I would love it even more if I could create ice and frost, so naturally the Freezing Charm would be the most interesting out of the spells provided. All of them sound very fun and helpful, but my heart lies with the Freezing Charm.  One way it could be useful would be during the summer when it is hot, but if we are talking about more dangerous situations I guess I could use it when I'm being followed or chased. I could create an ice barrier and that would slow them down for a few seconds, maybe a few minutes if I create a tower around them.

25 POINTS

Last edited by Kellin Leo Malfoy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grading)
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Aoife O'Donnell
3rd Year Gryffindor
Regular DADA

Look through your textbook and find brief descriptions of the following spells.

Verdimillious Charm
produces green energy from the wand by means of sparks.
Tongue-Tying Curse
binds the target's tongue to keep him or her from talking about a specific subject.
Freezing Spell
immobilises living targets.
Stunning Spell
renders a victim unconscious and halts moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse
paralyses the opponent.
Levicorpus
causes the victim to be hoisted into the air by their ankle.
Shield Charm
creates a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells.
Reviving Spell
awakens whomever the caster's wand is pointed at.
Reductor Curse
can be used to blast solid objects into pieces.

Write a brief paragraph (minimum of 4 sentences) on your favorite out of the above list and explain why you think it would be useful to know the spell and how you could see it in your future.

I think all of these spells are awesome (except the Verdimillious Charm, which sucks) but my favourite would have to be the Tongue-Tying Curse. It could be used to make any annoying person shut up when they are annoying you. This problem is a regular one for me. It would be useful in many different circumstances. As soon as I master it, I will be using it on Hunter, if he mentions my height compared to his ever again. I will also use it on Blake to stop him being an evil git.

15 POINTS
Back to top Go down
Tor Odin Gunnarson
Adult
Tor Odin Gunnarson

My Character
Activity: Curse Breaker

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:15 pm

Tor Odin Gunnarson
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Verdimillious Charm - produces green energy from the wand which can reveal dark objects.
Tongue-Tying Curse - binds the victim's tongue to keep them from talking about a certain subject.
Freezing Spell - immobilises living targets.
Stunning Spell - makes a victim unconscious or halts moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse - paralyses the target.
Levicorpus - hoists the victim into the air by their ankle.
Shield Charm - creates a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells.
Reviving Spell - awakens the subject.
Reductor Curse - is used to blast solid objects into pieces.

Levicorpus

Perhaps this spell isn't the most useful, but I suppose that wasn't the question. It's interesting and, quite frankly, has a hilarious outcome. It's one of my favourite spells overall. I've always found using it on my brother quite amusing. In a duel, it could also be quite a useful tactic for surprising your opponent and buying yourself some time. To think of better spells to use.

20 POINTS

Last edited by Kellin Leo Malfoy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grading)
Back to top Go down
Hunter VanDerberg
Admin
Admin
Hunter VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 3:25 pm

Hunter VanDerberg
3rd Year Gryffindor
Regular DADA

Verdimillious Charm - produces green energy from the wand by means of sparks.
Tongue-Tying Curse - binds the target's tongue to keep him or her from talking about a specific subject.
Stunning Spell - renders a victim unconscious and halts moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse - paralyses the opponent.
Levicorpus - causes the victim to be hoisted into the air by their ankle.
Shield Charm - creates a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells.
Reviving Spell - awakens whomever the caster's wand is pointed at.
Reductor Curse - can be used to blast solid objects into pieces.

Write a brief paragraph (minimum of 4 sentences) on your favorite out of the above list and explain why you think it would be useful to know the spell and how you could see it in your future.

My favourite would have to be the Tongue-Tying Curse. You could use it to make an annoying person stop bothering you. You could also use it for your own amusement. It's definitely the best.

10 POINTS
Back to top Go down
Lyra VanDerberg
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Lyra VanDerberg

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor-Year I

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Lyra VanDerberg
2nd Year Gryffindor
Regular DADA

Look through your textbook and find brief descriptions of the following spells.

Verdimillious Charm
produces green energy from the wand by means of sparks which can be used to reveal dark objects.
Tongue-Tying Curse
binds the target's tongue to keep him or her from talking about a specific subject.
Freezing Spell
immobilises living targets.
Stunning Spell
renders a victim unconscious and halts moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse
paralyses the opponent.
Levicorpus
causes the victim to be hoisted into the air by their ankle.
Shield Charm
creates a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells.
Reviving Spell
awakens whomever the caster's wand is pointed at.
Reductor Curse
can be used to blast solid objects into pieces.

My favourite of these spells is the Full Body-Bind curse. Obviously it depends on the situation, but in a duel this seems to be one of the most useful ones. To completely paralyse an opponent would be very useful. I'm sure I'll be in a duel at some point, where I could use this. Otherwise, I might just practice it on Lyn because I'm bored and she's being boring.

15 POINTS
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Morgana Gaunt
Sixth year Slytherin
Advanced DaDA

Verdimillious Charm
It is a charm that sends energy in the form of green sparks from your wand.
It can be used in duel, where it will trickle around the victim and hurt them in the slightest. It can also reveal objects that are hidden by the means of Dark Arts.
The charm's incantation is 'verdimillious'.

Tongue-Tying Curse
A curse used to make the victim unable to speak of a subject, in which case the tongue will curl itself backwards. It can also be used in duels, in which case the victim will be unable to speak incantations. It can be overpowered by more advanced magic in a duel.
The curse's incantation is 'mimble wimble'.

Freezing Spell
A simple spell that makes ice appear out of the tip of your wand, with the ability to freeze fires and cool down salamanders. In addition, it will instantly freeze water a few feet deep, making the ice solid enough to walk on. There is a side effect to this spell, where anyone nearby will breathe thick, white mist due to the extreme frigidity of the spell.
The spell's incantation is 'glacius'.

Stunning Spell
This is a spell that, as the name says, stuns the victims. It renders them incapable of movement and unconscious, but after a while, it will wear off. It can also be counteracted by the means of Rennervate. It also halts moving objects. A very useful spell to wizards and witches, often described as a wizard's bread and butter. There are creatures who are not affected by the stunning spell, like trolls, giants, half-giants and dragons. However, the spell is strengthened when used by more than one person, so if several people shoot the stunning spell at a dragon at the same time, it will eventually work. It is also deadly if used by several people on one person.
The spell's incantation is 'stupefy'.

Full Body-Bind Curse
The full body-bind curse is a neat curse that paralyzes its victims. The arms and legs will clasp tightly to the body and make the victim unable of movement. The jaws are also glues shut, so the victim is unable of speech. The victim is still awake and its eyes are capable of movement. It can be counteracted by 'finite incantatem'.
The curse's incantation is 'petrificus totalis'

Levicorpus
Levicorpus is a jinx that lifts its victims into the air by their ankles. It is a nonverbal jinx, and is easy to master. Its counterspell is 'liberacorpus'.
The incantation to this jinx is 'levicorpus' and is mostly only used non-verbally.

Shield Charm
The shield charm is used to block incoming spells or objects of any size. The only spell it cannot block is the Killing Curse, as it is unblockable.  It is a moderately difficult spell that quite a few adults does not even master. It forms a shield that will make the spell thrown at you return to the caster, ricochet into other directions or simply dissolve into thin air upon impact. There are very many different types of shield charms, but they are all a variety of the basic one.
The incantation to the charm is 'protego', as well as 'protego maxima', 'protego horribilis', 'protego duo' and 'protego totalum'.

Reviving Spell
This spell works as a counterspell to most things that leaves the victim unconscious. It awakens the victim, though it has its limitations. It can be used on stunner spells, but not on a victim who's been shot by this spell several times. It is also unable to awaken victims that have been affected by more advanced magic, like the Drink of Despair.
The incantation to this spell is 'rennervate'.

Reductor Curse
This is a very intense curse that can be used to blast solid objects into dust. The incantation to this spell is 'reducto' which means to 'reduce' or 'bring down' in latin.

I, personally, like the redactor curse the best, because though it is a rather easy spell to learn (or so I have found it to be), it is also the one which gives the biggest impression. It is not due to the flashiness of the spell, but simply the statement it gives, that you can reduce things to ash, and nothing can stop you. It is also a very useful spell if you find yourself in a duel or simply a tricky situation. It is perfect for a distraction, and it can also throw your enemies off balance. And more.

35 POINTS

Last edited by Kellin Leo Malfoy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grading)
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Maya Winchester
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Verdimillious Charm - produces green energy from the wand which can reveal dark objects.
Tongue-Tying Curse - binds the victim's tongue to keep them from talking about a certain subject.
Stunning Spell - makes a victim unconscious or halts moving objects.
Full Body-Bind Curse - paralyses the target.
Levicorpus - hoists the victim into the air by their ankle.
Reviving Spell - awakens the subject.
Reductor Curse - is used to blast solid objects into pieces.

My favourite spell is the reductor Curse. I think its cool because it can blast through stuff and cause a mess. If anything gets in your way you can just blast through it. Pretty handy.

15 POINTS

Last edited by Kellin Leo Malfoy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grading)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Madeline Cole
Hufflepuff
Regular DADA

Verdimillious Charm - produces green energy from the wand which can reveal dark objects
Tongue-Tying Curse - binds the victim's tongue to keep them from talking about a certain topic
Freezing Spell - immobilises living targets
Stunning Spell - makes a target unconscious and halts moving objects
Full Body-Bind Curse - paralyses the victim
Levicorpus - lifts the victim into the air by their ankle.
Shield Charm - creates a magical barrier to deflect physical entities and spells
Reviving Spell - wakes up the subject
Reductor Curse - blasts solid objects into pieces

Shield Charm

My favourite is the Shield Charm. Not only is it the least harmful of these spells, but it could protect you in a lot of circumstances. If someone decided to be very mean and unfairly cast one of the mean spells at me, I could use the Shield Charm to stop myself from getting hoisted into the air by my ankle. If someone tried to throw a toaster at me, the shield could keep it away in case I wasn't quick enough to run away.

23 POINTS

Last edited by Kellin Leo Malfoy on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grading)
Back to top Go down
Kellin Leo Malfoy

Kellin Leo Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 3:07 am

NO MORE HOMEWORK PAPERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - All Years - Homework   Lesson One - All Years - Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - All Years - Homework
Page 1 of 1