Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Time of thought (David) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Time of thought (David) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Time of thought (David) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Time of thought (David) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Time of thought (David) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Time of thought (David) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Time of thought (David) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Time of thought (David) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Time of thought (David) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Time of thought (David) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Time of thought (David) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Time of thought (David) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Time of thought (David) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Time of thought (David) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Time of thought (David) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Time of thought (David)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character
::
Activity: Ravenclaw- Year I

Time of thought (David) Empty
PostSubject: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:51 am

Victoria joined a group of overly anxious and over-dressed students, all waiting in line for their turn. While the girl next to her wouldn't stop fidgeting with her thumbs and biting her lip, the boy on her right was frantically going over the note cards he made for this interview. It seemed that every single person in this room was ready to fight till the death for this interview - except Victoria. She had no interest in having a career within the Ministry of Magic. It seemed such a dull place to her, filled with power hungry men and women. Why anyone would choose to spend most of their life working in a place like this was beside her. Yet, she was still her.

Dressed in the most formal robes she could find in her closet, Victoria waited impatiently with a frown on her face. Still remembering her father's angry letter in her head, she restrained herself from doing what she really wanted - to leave. Although she refused to apply for this internship multiple times, her father's constant pestering did not stop. Finally she gave in and promised she would apply for the internship, with the secret hope that she wouldn't get it in the end. After all, she was just one of many applicants. 

Her father had always said that a stable job in the Ministry is the only job worth having - a thought Victoria deeply disagreed with. She wanted to be a healer one day, not work in an office. An older man came into the room and dismissed the students for a lunch break. The students quickly scattered to the nearby cafe, all sitting together and exchanging tips. Having no intention to join them at all, Victoria found an empty table, ordered herself a black tea and leaned her head against the chair.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character
Activity: Adult, Auror

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 am

David knew the Ministry was doing some sort of pre-training-training application for students at hogwarts, but didn't think much of it, since it had nothing to do with him.. when lunch came, it was time for him to play the human facade, but choked when he smelled lots of humans. Great.. this was not going to be easy.. He bought an apple and sat at the only semi-free table, with only one girl at it. He sat across from her, and noticed her tired out position. He said "tough day?" he didn't even touch his apple.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Victoria's thoughts drifted as she relaxed in her chair, not even bothering to move from her sleepy position. Even though it was lunch time, she sat at an empty table with only a water bottle in front of her. Her appetite had a tendency to disappear in stressful situations. Then, a voice coming from across the table woke her up and she instantly straightened her posture and cleared her throat. She wasn't exactly good at first impressions. "Umm...sort of", she replied, examining the blond man in front of her. He looked like a Ministry employee, but didn't seem as old and boring as the rest. 

"I'm here for the internship interview. Or waiting for it", she explained rather unenthusiastically. Perhaps he was on the deciding comity. An employee who came to meet the students behind the whole facade they put on during official interviews. Well, Victoria had a game plan from the very start. She would try her best to show how deeply uninterested she was in this position - which wasn't hard to fake because it was true. Add a few frowns and eye rolls and it's done! Because who in their right mind would employ an annoying, know it all brat? "Very exciting as you can tell", she said sarcastically motioning at the group of students who were still nervously exchanging interview tips and tactics. "Pathetic...", she commented.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm

David had to smile at the little girl. He could tell just from the way she acted, that she did not even want to be here. He then nodded when she stated she was here for the internship things "What is that for anyway? Like where would you end up if you were accepted?" He was not even remotely involved in it, that he knew of yet. If they were to tail an Auror, it would be him they were tailing, since Andrew had his hands full training not only Tessa, but A new recruit as well. David had to pick up the slack.

He rolled his eyes "oh it may seem unexcicting, but working at the minstry is a great experience.. well i guess it depends on which department you work in.. in my opinion, I'm in the best one.. but to each his or her own" He had to admit, the girls attitude intrigued him. His apple still sat untouched on the table.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 pm

She honestly didn't know the answer to his next question, since she was never told what they were actually gonna be doing. "Well...they called it a valuable learning experience in the application info. So my guess is I would be stuck in an office, sorting out the mail and getting everyone their lunch", she shrugged her shoulders and took a wild guess on the Ministry's interpretation of a valuable learning experience. She expected the truth to be quite similar. If by some miracle she got an actual mentor, he would probably put her to lunch and mail duty as well. She doubted anyone at the Ministry had patience to deal with a 13 year old girl. 

"Your department? And what is... your department?", she asked rather curiously. Even though she believed that, for the most part, the Ministry of Magic is boring as hell, there must be some parts of it that are interesting! Some hidden and dangerous departments perhaps. But students like her certainly wouldn't be allowed to know about such thing. No, she had her plan and she had to stick to it. "And why, exactly, is it the best?", she asked again before the man could even say his answer.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:04 pm

He chuckled at her response. "sorting mail and getting lunches are the easiest jobs in the world, believe me, the rest of the paper work is much MUCH harder." He shrugged, watching her as she talked. It was a while since he had talked to an actual child and he was enjoying it. everyone was so much older at the ministry..

He smirked when she asked his department "Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I'm second in command of the Aurors." He neglected to mentioned the Aurors were basically two people and two recruits. "you know.. dark wizard catchers. Its a deadly job, but wonderful all the same.. keeps the blood pumping. while most of these departments deal with boring stuff such as Cauldron bottom thickness" He jokingly shuddered. He saw that she had nothing to eat and tossed her his apple "here, eat up, you'll need your strength."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm

"Well...I would rather stay in bed than do the easiest job in the world", she said rolling her eyes trying to clearly show her disinterest in the whole thing. In reality, it didn't sound that bad, not that she would ever admit such a thing whatsoever. If her dad detected even a hint of her interest in the Ministry, he would never get off her back. And spending all of her future weekends reading five pages letters about how the Ministry shapes young people into responsible mature adults was a situation she wanted to avoid. Besides, her whole plan was to ditch the Ministry internship and apply for one at St. Mungo's - which she would eventually confess to her father, but not anytime soon. 

"Oh", Victoria said trying her best not to show how impressed she really was. The Department of Magical Law Enforcement was the only part of the Ministry that sounded even remotely interesting. But interns wouldn't get to work at such a cool place, would they? "Is your...department taking any interns from this bunch?", she asked, trying to seem as if she was asking simply out of curiosity. If she was accepted into the program, that was were she would want to be.

"Thanks", Victoria said as she took a bite of the apple her threw at her. "Aren't you hungry?", she asked not seeing any type of food in front of him during lunch time. "So, do you work mainly in England or abroad as well?" she asked returning to the topic of his job.
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 am

David listened to her and smirked 'well that is true, we all would.. but we've all got to make a living. Money does not grow on trees you know" he chuckled to himself. Luckily, since wizard money was made out of gold, silver and bronze, not paper like muggle money, she could not come back with the classic smart-ass comeback.

He yet again, smirked when he saw she was trying very hard not to show she was impressed..being a Vampire allowed him the possibility to see the smallest signs of struggle. He then frowned and shook his head "I don't think we are taking interns at all.. a lot of out work can classify as 'not for public eyes'" He then sighed "it would help a ton, having someone else to make the coffee, and do sorting and such.. we are much too busy to do it properly. My sorting goes as such... Dark Wizards, Bad Creatures, Bull sh- crap. All i can say is a need a better organizing system" He smirked slightly at her.

When she took a bite and asked if he was hungry, he dead panned and said "I'm David Shuter" if she read the Prophet, she would know who he was, and what he was. He then sighed and said "I was bitten by a vampire on my first solo mission. i don't eat anymore. I just like to keep a 'human' appearance" He then took this opportunity to answer her question "Mostly in England, but if a lead sends me to Tibet, then to Tibet i go" he shrugged, he was trying to get her off the topic of vampires
Back to top Go down
Victoria Campero
Adult
Victoria Campero

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 pm

"No, I suppose not", she responded when he mentioned money. In all honesty, that was a thing she never had to worry about. Thankfully, both of her parents were financially stable enough for her not to want for anything while growing up. They had the means to provide her with everything she wanted, including her recent gift of the new Nimbus broomstick. Some might say that she was spoiled.

"That doesn't sound very effective", she said through a chuckle, all the while thinking of how much improvement she could bring to his system. And if she would get to hear or read about some fascinating case that was hidden from the public view, well that would be just an added bonus. Should she try and convince him to give her a chance? Perhaps if she asked the right people... Surely her father had enough connections and would jump at the chance to get her interested in the work of the ministry. But no, she was here to mess up an interview on purpose, not to ask for a job.

"Oh", Victoria said with a gulp when he mentioned the story of how he became a vampire. His name did not mean anything to Victoria as she could not remember reading it anywhere. Even thought she had moved to England a year ago, she still wasn't quite caught up with the local news here. "That must be... interesting", she said because of the lack of a better word. "And useful in your line of work"
Back to top Go down
David Shuter

David Shuter

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 1:35 am

"Plus, my job is better than most, so I don't mind the paperwork." he chuckled, scratching his nose. This girl was smart for her age. Most 2nd years couldn't keep their cool around an adult, especially an Auror.

He then laughed a quiet laugh. it used to be loud and booming, but ever since he had been changed, he tried to draw as little attention to himself as possible. "Well, it surprisingly works. Dark wizards first, bad creatures second, bull crap last. saves time" he smirked at her.

He then sighed at her gulp, expecting this response "I'm tame." He assured her. then said "it can be useful, but its mostly a pain in the arse. It would be better if i could go out in the field. But I'm always stuck at my desk."

(Sorry for not posting sooner, School, sickness, and lack of muse got in the way)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time of thought (David)   Time of thought (David) Empty

Back to top Go down

Time of thought (David)
Page 1 of 1