Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Divination Lesson 1 All Years

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Divination Lesson 1 All Years Empty
PostSubject: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:10 am

Danielle stood near the door while waiting for the students to arrive. It was her first lesson teaching at Hogwarts and she was a bit nervous. She didn't want to be bad. The students should be arriving soon and Danielle took deep breathes. She shouldn't be nervous, after all, she had experience teaching already. Danielle glanced around the room. The books and handouts were stacked very neatly on her desk. She didn't know if her lesson was taught previously and if so, it would just be a review for the students who learned the lesson. Danielle looked at the empty board and decided to put something on it. She walked up to the board and grabbed the chalk. Danielle knew that she could use her wand for this, but she preferred the muggle way.

Blackboard:

Danielle stood back and looked at the board. Noticing that nothing was wrong, she moved to stand in front of her desk and waited for the students to arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:18 am

Auden walked into the Divination classroom. She saw the new Professor. Auden was happy that there was a new Professor because the old one was creepy and mean. She noticed that she was the only student in the classroom so she just took a seat in the middle so that if anyone else came, she could move near them.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Divination didn't sound that interesting to Kynan. But he was really curious about how to predict the future. Too curious to resist. So he left the Common Room early to try and get to class as not late as possible. It was hard, because he had tried to avoid the idiot Sir Cadogan, who wouldn't stop screaming at him to be a man and face the dude. It was creepy, considering that you could bump into that knight anywhere in the corridors. But he managed to find the ladder to the Divination classroom and climb up.

After almost tripping over his untidy school robes, Kynan entered the classroom and tried to ignore the words on the board. He liked lessons being a surprise, really. He sat down in a spot a few rows behind the front and stared at a window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:04 am

Danielle stood up straight when two students walked in. There was a boy and a girl. She smiled at both of them. Danielle grabbed a handout for both of them. She went first to the girl who sat in the middle of the classroom. "Hello. Here is the handout for today." Danielle said. Then she walked over to the boy who was also in the middle. She put the piece of paper in front of him and smiled and said the same thing. Danielle then walked over to her desk. "We will begin the lesson when more people arrive. So just sit tight for a bit." She said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 1:16 am

Auden looked up when the Professor gave her the handout. She didn't look at it because she was sure that the Professor was going to go over it when everyone arrived. Auden nodded and smiled at her. She then noticed that Kynan was in the classroom. Auden didn't really know him which was a bit odd since she was really good friends with Aylee. She decided to change that, shooting a smile in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:37 am

Ryland had registered for Divination, and thought is was written on his notes that he had to show up for class, he was only a few seconds left. Or so he thought. He came into the classroom to find the professor handing out a piece of paper; a handout, most likely. Greeting her with a smile, he took a seat next to Auden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 am

Auden turned when she heard footsteps. It was Ryland. She didn't know he was in this class but she was happy that he was because she at least had a friend in here. "Hey. I didn't know you were taking this class." Auden said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Ryland Malfoy
Adult
Ryland Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor Alumni, Owner of Glass House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:00 am

"Yeah...keeping my options open, I suppose." he smiled in return. "Glad to see you here though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 5:17 am

"Thats good I guess." Auden replied. She really wanted the lesson to start. Auden wasn't known for her patience and her's was thinning.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Moss
Adult
Jennifer Moss

My Character
Activity: Assistant Unspeakable

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Jennifer didn't know anything about Divination, but this year she was all about trying new things so why not? She'd done a little studying the night before in the Common Room just for a bit of preparation so she wouldn't be humiliated for not knowing anything.

When she got to the classroom, Jen took a seat towards the back where she could hide and just lurk for the rest of the lesson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Danielle saw two other students come in. She grabbed two handouts and walked over to the boy first. She gave it to him and then went over to the blonde girl. Danielle walked back to the board. "Okay, the lesson will begin now. My name is Professor Danielle Barigazzi. You can call me Professor or Professor B, if you can't pronounce my name correctly. This is obviously my first year teaching at Hogwarts, but I taught in Rome before coming back to the UK. Now please look at the handout I gave you. It is the class syllabus." Danielle said while walking around the classroom.

Divination Syllabus:

Danielle finished reading and looked up from the paper to the class. "Now I think thats enough of the boring stuff so lets get to Divination. The first topic will Tessomancy. Can anyone tell me what Tessomancy is?" She asked her students.
Back to top Go down
Kynan Walters
Adult
Kynan Walters

My Character
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:42 am

Two more students arrived. Kynan only recognized one as Ryland. He watched Ryland converse with Auden a bit before the door opened again and a Slytherin girl walked in and sat down at the back. Then he turned around as he heard the Professor start the lesson. At first it was all mumbo jumbo about teaching in Rome and being punctual to class. Not my problem, Kynan thought and rolled his eyes quickly. Then Professor B introduced the first topic as Tessomancy and asked if anyone knew what it was. Luckily, his sister had taken Divination a few years ago and had told him about it.

Kynan raised his hand and said, "It's reading the future from a cup of tea, I think?" At least, that was what he could remember. Something about teacups and tea leaves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Danielle saw one boy's hand go up. "Yes that is correct, 5 points to Gryffindor, Mr. Walters." Danielle Replied. She then went to the board and put Kynan's answer up.

"In addition, Tessomancy is derived from the French word for teacup "tasse" and the Greek suffixes, "-graph", "-logy", and "-mancy"." Danielle added. She saw the students jotting down the notes. Danielle went back to the board and wrote down the common leaf symbols.
Symbols:

After finishing writing the symbols down, Danielle walked over to one of the tables and grabbed some filled teacups. She then passed them out. "Now I want you to drink you tea until there is only a tiny bit of water left. When you are observing your teacup, I want you to inspect the inside from all angles. Does anyone know why this is?" Danielle asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Auden raised her hand. "I believe it is because when you are observing, you want to get as much information about the shape to make an accurate reading." Auden answered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Danielle looked at Auden. "Yes that is correct, 5 points to Ravenclaw." She replied with a smile. It seemed that some of her students were reading the text. "Now I want you to drink your tea and then get into groups and discuss your readings." Danielle said to the class.

Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Maya strode into the Divination classroom, glad that she was greeted with familiar faces. Maya took a seat next to Kynan and quickly fell into a stupor while she daydreamed and gazed out the window. Maya's attention returned back to the class once people were dividing into pairs. "Is it ok if we pair up?" Maya asked Kynan, cocking her eyebrows in a questioning manner. She didn't know how seriously Kynan took the subject and whether he believed in predicting the future, but he hoped that she wouldn't expect much from her. She didn't think she was very good at it, not that she really cared, she didn't see Divination featuring heavily in her future. Maya downed the remains of her tea, trying not to grimace as she hated the taste. "Ugh, I hate tea and this tastes ten times worse than the normal stuff!" She complained, passing the empty cup over to Kynan. She thought tea drinking alone was enough to drop the subject, but she didn't say anything as the professor was in earshot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divination Lesson 1 All Years   Divination Lesson 1 All Years Empty

Back to top Go down

Divination Lesson 1 All Years
Page 1 of 1