Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Procrastinating (for Deidre)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character
::
Activity: Gryffindor - Year 7, Head Girl

Procrastinating (for Deidre) Empty
PostSubject: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:39 pm

OKAY, NOW SHE WAS GOING TO DO HER HOMEWORK, NO MATTER WHAT.

After marching to the library, determined to finally get round to that homework she HAD to do and that wizard-studying (as she called it, meaning learning stuff wizard students would know) she wanted to, Aoife took a seat in the corner, hopefully where she wouldn't find anymore distractions.

Okay, so starting with some...with some...Charms, that was it. Take out her quill. Ugh, she hated these, they were so hard to use. And her textbook and some parchment. Aoife got as far as writing her name and form, then the number one, before a colourful book on a nearby shelf caught her eye. NO SHE WAS NOT GOING TO BE DISTRACTED. It wasn't like the homework was that hard, anyway.

Within the space of about ten seconds, she'd abandoned the work and was lying upside-down on the floor, her legs against the sofa. Ughh.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:59 am

Deirdre had been sitting in a comfortable spot in a corner for two hours now. As expected, she'd already finished her homework, and was now reading. She preferred doing it here, where it was peaceful, and most importantly, quiet. Noisy people hardly ever came to the library.

As she was flipping a page, Deirdre heard a noise. She turned her head slightly, to be able to see what had made it. It seemed it'd been a small girl, marching in the library. Her fiercely red hair screamed 'Irish' to the Hufflepuff. The girl found a place to sit and became quiet for a while. At this point Deirdre didn't care anymore, as long as the fire-headed girl made no further noises. She adjusted herself in the chair and kept on reading.

Soon enough the Irish girl had everything abandoned and was -strangely and very noisily- lying on the floor with her feet on the poor sofa. Deirdre was hardly ever mad with someone, in fact, she wasn't now, she was just highly irritated. Is there any logic in coming to a library to annoy people who actually read?, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:39 am

Aoife noticed an older girl looking at her oddly, so she sat back up. Maybe you weren't supposed to do that in the library. It would make sense, but she was just SO tired and therefore totally hyperactive that she just wasn't thinking at all. Although she probably wouldn't be behaving like the most angelic and perfect child if she was herself.

She was trying to get on with her Charms homework but her hand aching from the awkward quill. Not a very valid excuse. At least Aoife was being quiet now, even though she really just wanted to go outside. It was too hot and stuffy inside.

Okay, now she was going to leave. Seriously. Maybe she could do all this homework outside, where it would be much easier for her to concentrate. That was what she always did back at home, but things were different here. So that's what she did - well, tried to do. On the way to the door, she somehow managed to trip over a table leg. Right next to that older girl and landing on her bag. Wow, this was embarrassing, lying face down on the floor.

Aoife pushed herself up, blushing furiously. "I-I...I mean...uh, sorry. I didn't mean to...hurt your bag." It didn't look properly squashed so the girl's books were probably alright. "I'm A-Aoife, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Deirdre sighed in relief, as the loud Irish girl was about to leave and she could once again read in peace. She flipped a page, finally enjoying herself, when something odd happened to her (bag).

A read headed figure smashed her face right next to Deirdre. She'd tripped on the table's leg, somehow, and was now lying on the Hufflepuff's bag. Deirdre's eyes widened in surprise, as she was definitely not expecting that. The other girl got up quickly, embarrassed, and started to apologize awkwardly to her. At first, the bag's owner was irritated, but then, after hearing the apologetic words, she was just speechless. What kind of a person was concerned about a bag's feelings? And most importantly, what kind of a person introduced themselves after falling flat on someone else's belongings?

Of course, the bag wasn't new, or very fashionable, for that matter, and it didn't look that much squashed, so Deirdre sighed, in a some-what accepting way," I'm Deirdre, it's...nice to meet you". She was now excepting any kind of abnormal or random reaction from Aoife, which was what appeared to be the girl's name.
Sorry I'm not moving the conversation forward enough, Aoife is hard to predict.XD
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Mmm, sort of nice. These things always started oddly for her. Odd generally in the bad sort of sense. "Oh, I'm an eejit, such an eejit," Aoife murmured to herself as she took a seat back on the floor, crossing her legs. It wasn't that she had an issue with chair cruelty, but the floor was fine and it meant the girl, Deidre apparently, wouldn't be able to see her flaming red face as well.

"Yeah, sorry about that!" Being hyper and changing the subject tended to work to take away some of her embarrassment in cases like this. "I'd ask you whether you wanted some sweets, but I don't think you're allowed to eat in the library. Are you allowed to eat in the library? I don't know. Do you know? Do you spend much time here?" This time she was concentrating especially hard on keeping her voice down. Getting kicked out would suck. Especially since this had the potential to be such an awesome conversation.

Moving on. More subject change...um... "Deidre, Deidre, Deidre, Deidre," Aoife grinned. "It sounds odd with my incredibly cool Irish accent...don't you think? Deidre, Deidre, Deidre...nice name, though!"

ooc - sorry I had exams so everything disappeared from my mind, including this thread. But the rubbish post is here now :/
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:31 am

Deirdre was a tad surprised when Aoife sat on the floor. Was it that she had a thing for dirty surfaces? The other girl kept her face down, murmuring something about being an 'eejit', a word that Deirdre had only heard a few times. However, she wasn't caught up in that for too long, soon ready to change the topic.

Deirdre chuckled as Aoife rambled, her speech concerning libraries and sweets. " Don't worry, it's okay. As for eating in the library, no, you aren't allowed to do that in most of them. Haven't you ever been in one?" The Irish girl answered and then asked if she spent much time there, to which Deirdre nodded her head as for 'yes'. The Hufflepuff noticed Aoife was keeping her voice down. She was probably worried she was going to get thrown out. Deirdre didn't really think that would happen, but then again, she'd never behaved..er, bad, in a library.

Aoife made a comment on her incredibly cool Irish accent, to which Deirdre agreed silently. She was interested in the varieties of accents."I like your accent very much, and thanks, your name is nice, too.", she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 1:03 pm

"I've been in a library before!" Aoife beamed. "But magic is so different! Everything's so confusing! I'm a muggle-born, which is bad sometimes! Some of the other people have a clue what's going on here, but not me!" Even libraries could have different rules, for all she knew. Nothing made sense in this strange new world.

DEIDRE LIKED HER ACCENT! NOBODY LIKED HER ACCENT! IT WAS IRRITATING AND ANNOYING! Well, not everyone actually said that, but nobody liked it. AND HER NAME! DEIDRE LIKED HER NAME! It was a struggle to refrain from dancing frantically around the room squealing. "Thank you!"

Deidre was so nice. "What year are you in? I'm in first year. That's probably obvious! I'm small and excitable and irritating and I can't do magic!" Aoife babbled happily. First years were cool. Not yet stupid, in-love, stinky teenagers like the rest of the school. There were a few exceptions. Not Jen. Not Aylee. Not Ryland. Evan was still cool. And Kynan.
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Aoife informed Deirdre that she had, indeed, been to a library before. The Hufflepuff was slightly amused by that statement, but said nothing offensive to the other girl. Aoife kept on talking, explaining that she was a muggle-born, and therefore was very confused at Hogwarts." Oh, is that so?", Deirdre asked." I've grown up with magic, so I can tell some things about it if you'd like to." Deirdre offered, she could imagine how different magic must seem to the girl.

After Deirdre said she liked Aoife's name and accent, the Irish girl seemed very happy. She even thanked her." Oh, no problem.", was the answer, as Deirdre didn't know what more to say to the smiling Gryffindor.

Aoife made some comments on the first years- apparently, they were all small and irritating and excitable, but the smaller girl seemed proud of that and Deirdre couldn't help but smile to her." I'm a third year.", she said, and then assured Aoife,  " You know, one day you'll be able to do all kinds of magic."
Sorry for making you wait.>< It was a busy period of time...
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Yes, another magicky person! But, from what she'd seen so far, not one who'd laugh at her. "Okay! Thanks! Great! Brilliant! Cool! So are both of your parents magic?" Aoife beamed, totally ready for a History of Magic lesson on Deirdre's life. In a good way! But the older girl hadn't talked much so far, so she might only get a couple of pieces of information. "All I know is that they have really good sweets!"

"I doubt it! All I can do at the minute is that fire thing, but I still burnt the table in Charms!" she said very wisely, nodding her head. "People like Willow do magic, not me!" But that was okay, because at heart, she was a muggle. And a sheep. So to run her own SheepShow, she wouldn't need any magic unless she ran out of money. Or sheep. Or food for sheep. Or viewers.

Maybe she should work harder at Hogwarts.

That's fine! I understand, it's what I did before! Sorry for the short post Neutral
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Deirdre was slightly amused by the answer she got from the cheerful Irish girl. She'd offered to help her with some of the magic she didn't understand. The reply was filled with adjectives, and the small Gryffindor seemed glad about that opportunity. She asked about Deirdre's parents. The dark-haired girl was surprised, as family was a...well, sensitive spot to her. She just said what was closest to not lying and not saying too much." Erm...yes, they both are. I'm a pureblood, actually.", she breathed out calmly, smiling," My mum is very fond of magic, so she knows lots of interesting little bits about it. What do you want to know?" Deirdre really enjoyed showing people the details of things only she knew, even though it wasn't precisely a good trait in her flawless personality.

" Fire-thing? You mean the Fire-making spell? Oh, that's pretty good.", Deirdre commented in an all-knowing tone. Willow? Did she mean Willow Meana? Deirdre'd seen her around the Hufflepuff Common Room, but that was all she remembered about her. So it seemed that she was fast learner, then." So what's you biggest ambition about when you get older?" It was a question simply of curiosity- if Aoife wasn't looking forward to doing magic, then what else?
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm

EVERYTHING! SHE WANTED TO KNOW EVERYTHING! But it was a library, so she had to be quiet and serious and make Deirdre think she was really cool and everything. That meant not shouting slightly odd answers. "That's cool! Do you have a TV? And Haribos? You HAVE to have Haribos! Kids and grown ups love them so, happy world with Haribo!" Aoife said excitedly. They HAD to have Haribos. She knew the jingle and everything, because she was OBSESSED.

Well, there was a few things she wanted to do with her life. Hopefully the older girl wouldn't laugh like Tag did last time. "Something to do with sheep! A sheep farmer, obviously. Then maybe have my own TV show and stuff?" she beamed. "Then I can expand, into the wizarding world, with magical sheep! I'll be so famous! Eventually, I'll have to stop because it's too tiring, but then I'll join the Ministry and do something related to animals!"
Back to top Go down
Deirdre Seamore
Adult
Deirdre Seamore

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Deirdre hadn't smiled for that long for a while, but it seemed that every single one of Aoife answers could make her do that. Even though she was obviously trying to restrain herself from saying laughable things, she still did blurt out some, such as singing the Haribo jingle and asking about wizardry TVs." No we don't, but we have moving pictures - and portraits, as you've probably noticed.", the Hufllepuff said, keeping a tiny smile on. " And, of course we have Haribos!". That was a lie, but every wizard could buy some at a muggle shop, so it was basically the same.

" Sheep?..." Deirdre was slightly taken aback by Aoife's sheep filled dreams. But she seemed to have her life well organised, so Deirdre really didn't mind. " Well, they are nice..." I guess." It's a really good idea, the one about magical sheep." It was a very interesting one, the girl had to admit that, even though she had no idea what 'magical sheep' would be like.
Back to top Go down
Aoife O'Donnell
Adult
Aoife O'Donnell

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:29 pm

"Yeah, I've noticed!" Aoife nodded enthusiastically. "I haven't found a portrait with a sheep on it yet, though." She frowned. It seemed, so far, that wizards didn't like sheep. But what had the poor creatures ever done wrong? Why couldn't they keep sheep in the grounds, along with the unicorns and mermaids and giant squid? They would be no trouble at all. Just pretty fluffy clouds. In animal form.

THEY HAD HARIBOS! "Do they taste special? Are they made with magic? WOW, I HAVE TO TRY THEM!" They'd have to be super special and amazing if they were wizard ones, and different to muggle ones.

Deirdre didn't seem to understand her love of sheep. It was a shame, she was a nice girl otherwise. Aoife approved. Except for the sheep misunderstandings. "They could...they could do that magical thing where it's like "crack!" and then you disappear! And they could change colours and fly and make rainbows and everything!" She wasn't getting carried away, it was a completely realistic and achievable idea.

Suddenly, she remembered the quill pen and parchment in the front of her bag. "I forgot!" she exclaimed. "I'm sorry Deirdre, I have to go! I haven't written home in ages and I forgot!" She had to go now before dinner, to avoid missing curfew and getting into trouble. "It was so nice meeting you! You're like my favou- third favourite third-year!" she beamed. After Evan and Kynan. That was an honour.

((Reaaaaaally sorry! I ended it here because it was sort of last term Razz OHMIGOSH I AM SO STUPID AND FORGETFUL.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Procrastinating (for Deidre)   Procrastinating (for Deidre) Empty

Back to top Go down

Procrastinating (for Deidre)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live the Magic! :: Hogwarts Castle :: The Castle :: The Library-
Jump to: