Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Professorly Things (Grace)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Wizengamot Member, Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor

Professorly Things (Grace) Empty
PostSubject: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:40 am

Thaorson Elldir sat at his desk. He clasped his hands together in front of him and stared into space, looking as if he were having a philosophical debate in his mind. Really, he was just wondering if there was a spell to turn his nice big comfy oak chair into a plastic spiny one. If he had a spiny chair, he'd spin all day long. But he didn't. And it made him sad. But a Professor must be strong! He would not let the lack of a spiny chair get him down!

He thrusted his hips, trying to get his non-spiny chair to spin. But it didn't spin. Because it was not, in fact, a spiny chair. He shook his head and sat up straight with a grim look on his face. Trying to spin was not a proper thing for a headmaster to do, so he'd have to find more professorly things to do.

He reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a bottle of cheap firewhiskey and began to drink it.

Yes, this seems to be properly professorly to me, don't you think so, Captain Firewhiskey Man? he thought to himself, smiling happily at the beverage.

Thaor decided to go mingle with the other Professors in the staff lounge, after all, drinking alone wasn't very fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.z13.invisionfree.com/durmstrangv4

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 am

Grace was sitting in a chair by the fireplace reading a book on transfiguration. Perhaps a strange thing for a professor to be reading, especially since it was basic transfiguration, but in truth Grace's spellwork, especially in transfiguration, wasn't the best. Flying and Quidditch was all she had cared about when she was a student. Now that she was a professor well, she wanted to improve herself. Especailly now that she was head of Hufflepuff house, she wanted to be able to help her students as much as possible.

She blinked in surprise to see another professor approach her. She hadn't gotten to know her colleges very well, or at all really, she was so absorbed with teaching her new class and helping her Hufflepuffs that she hadn't really given it much time or thought. She marked her page, closed her book and flicked her wand so that her quill stopped magically taking notes.

"Hello Professor umm..." She didn't know this man's name, nor what he taught! Horned toads what was she to say. It was then she noticed he was drinking firewhisky. Firewhisky, on a school night? Why in the name of merlin was he drinking on a school night? She cleared he throat and tried to make it sound like she was simply calling him professor and didn't know what else to say so she said the first thing that came to mind... "Why are you drinking that on a school night?"
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:06 am

It was clear to Thaor that she didn't know his name, but it was okay, because he didn't know hers either. She was rather pretty though, so thats a plus. Professor Thaorson Kam Elldir Ma'am, nice to meet you. He said, putting the bottle of firewhiskey away as she mentioned drinking on a school night.

Terribly sorry Ms..he said, attempting to get her to say her name, I normally don't drink on school nights. I only have afternoon classes tomorrow. Just had a couple tonight to take the edge off. The last time I was at Hogwarts, I found out that my father was in Azkaban, and my mother was killed by him. I thought I was past that, but apparently, I was wrong. He said with a frown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:31 am

Grace's smile turned to a worried frown. "I'm very sorry... is it all right if I call you Thaorson? I'm Professor Grace Eversteen, I'm the new head of Hufflepuff House and the new Flying Professor. It's nice to meet you." Her voice was sweet and gentle. "I didn't realize your past with Hogwarts was so bad... this was my sanctuary from the orphanage growing up, so I've always seen it as a wonderful place and just assumed it was for everyone."

She gave her wand a gentle flick summoning two chilled bottles. "Join me for some butterbeer? It's much gentler on the system than firewhisky is at least."
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Thaor, against his better judgment took a seat next to Grace. It's quite alright, that was a lifetime ago, no way you would have known. Although, I do believe you are correct, perhaps butterbeer would be better on a school night. He said, taking one of the butterbeers.

You can call me Thaor. he said with a smile. Normally he regretted going to mingle with others, but he could tell tonight would not be one of those nights.

Hufflepuff you say? You have a very bright student in your house, Meana, Willow I believe is her name. I expect great things out of her. Thaor said, having just graded her homework.

Thaor took another swig of his butterbeer before continuing. This is my first year here as well, I haven't met most of the other professors, have you? he asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Grace smiled warmly. "Great to meet you Thaor." She sipped her butterbeer happily. "Oh, Willow? Yes, I wish she was more social though she spends most of her time reading and taking notes. She's Muggle-born and I worry she's having a bit of a hard time adjusting, she only moved to London from Canada a year before she got her Hogwarts letter." Grace realized she was rambling and cleared her throat before taking another sip of butterbeer.

"Sorry umm...No I haven't met any other professors yet, just you." She smiled softly and turned her attention to sipping her butterbeer, a small blush formed on her cheeks. She felt like an idiot, it had been some time since she'd had a real conversation with anyone like this.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Thaor smiled as Grace began to blush, there was something about her that he just couldn't help but like. She is quite brilliant. She is actually the only Hufflepuff to make it into my advanced class, as a first year! I could hardly believe it! he said. He was truly surprised, not only that a muggle-born first year had made it into his advanced class, but also that he was oddly okay with it. Perhaps he was getting soft in his old age.

Ah, I haven't either. He said, before realizing he had already stated he hadn't met any other professors, he began to blush. What the bloody-hell is going on with me, giddy as a school girl I am. he thought to himself. This was strange, strange indeed.

You know, I'm having a small dinner party for some students in my advanced class Friday after next. Would you like to come with me? he said as his cheeks turned bright red. Did I just ask her on a date? Merlins Beard, I just met the woman. he thought to himself.

You know...ern...as to...um...chaperone and make sure the students stay out of trouble.....and such. He added, trying to cover up asking her on a date, and failing miserably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 am

Grace smiled. "I'm glad to hear it, I also have high hopes for her. She studies and works very hard and has already earned a great amount of points for our house... I wish she was better with flying but we can't be good at everything."

Grace brightened up as he asked her to join him at the dinner for his advanced class students and giggled a little as she noticed his blush. She did note that he was trying to cover up for asking her out but she shook her head. "Sure, I'm always willing to help the students out." She said warmly trying not to make the poor man more uncomfortable.

"So you never told me, what is it you teach Thaor? What house were you from when you were a student here?" Her smile was soft and warm as she waited for him to answer.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 am

Thaor smiled as she accepted his invitation. Great! He said with a smile. It's not a date he kept saying to himself. Oh, forgive me, I tend to get a little spacey from time to time. That couldn't be further from the truth, he was always on point and knew what was going on around him. But there was just some attraction Grace had that kept distracting him.

I teach Defense Against the Dark Arts, I've also just been appointed to the Wizengamot. He said, happy with the subject change. I was in Slytherin when I was at Hogwarts. he added.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:37 am

Grace smiled happily. "Not an easy subject but also a member of the Wizengamot, I'm impressed. You have some very large shoes to fill it seems." She nodded at his mention of Slytherin. "I honestly don't think Slytherins are as bad as their reputations, wouldn't you agree?" She finished the last of her butterbeer and looked at the time. "Oh good it's still early," she said looking at the book she had placed on the table.

She blushed a little hoping this, more accomplished, professor didn't notice that she was reading a transfiguration book that was intended for first years. She really was trying to learn and accomplish more as a professor, after all she had real responsibility now, more than catching the quaffle or the golden snitch. She was expected to know things and help her students out where she could. She needed to improve her wand work in both charms and transfiguration and get a better grasp of knowledge on magical beasts at the very least! Those and defense against the dark arts were the subjects she had the most promise in, other than flying of course.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Thaor smiled as Grace spoke, her voice hit his ears like a sweet Angels song. I'm afraid most of my students think I'm horrible after our first class. he said, pausing for a second. In an attempt to show them how easy it was to get into their heads, I brought up blood-status. Nearly the entire lesson was about it as well as the homework. But, in our second class I'm going to introduce them to Occlumency, and I'm sure they will see it's importance after realizing how easy it was for me to bug them, imagine if someone got into their mind, the amount of damage done by that would be devastating. he said with a frown.

Thaor raised an eyebrow as Grace began to speak about Slytherin's and their reputations. I believe the sorting hat never makes a mistake. he said, leaving it at that.

Thaor noticed Grace look at the book she was reading when he came in. I can let you get... he said, as he noticed she was reading a beginners guide to transfiguration. That's an interesting book for a professor to be studying. he said, raising an eyebrow with interest.[/color]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Grace titled her head a little at his admission that his students thought he was horrible. She nodded, realization hitting her when he mentioned blood status. "Ah yes, I heard Willow was particularly upset by it. She's a muggle-born and was already having a hard time adjusting because of it. She's a smart girl though once you bring up Occlumency I'm sure she'll put it together and understand." She smiled warmly at Thaor. "Yes, Occlumency can be particularly devastating especially when combined with certain other spells... dreadful stuff." She shook her head softly. "I am glad they have such an adept professor instructing them."

She blushed and sighed as Thaor commented on her current reading material. "Yes... ahem... I never really paid much attention in my classes when I was here at Hogwarts as a student. I was obsessed with Quidditch from the time I made the Hufflepuff House Team in my second year onward. I had dreams of becoming a professional quidditch player so other than learning enough to scrape by in my OWLs and NEWTs I didn't really do well in my classes... I have a responsibility to my students not only as a Professor but as a head of house. I now need to know more than just enough to get Acceptables on OWLs and NEWTs so I'm umm... studying, the right way, from the start." She looked at her shoes, rather embarrassed to be admitting this to someone she'd really only just met.
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:52 am

Thaor smiled as Grace admitted she hadn't studied that well in school. I'd be willing to help you study. He said with a soft smile. He could tell she was embarrassed. Quidditch huh? I never was one for flying. I like to live with both my feet planted firmly on the ground. he said with a chuckle. Truth was, he was deathly afraid of flying.

[color=green]Perhaps you'd be able to teach me how to fly?[/b] he added, hoping to spend as much time with Grace as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 am

Grace smiled at Thaor, "really, you'd do that?" Her whole face lit up. "I really do regret not studying as much as I should have in school, but being a Professor is like a second chance at it for me." She smiled softly and giggled a little as he said that he wasn't so good at flying. "Yes Quidditch, the best sport ever! I was the captain of the Hufflepuff team and Seeker in my seventh year, until then I was the Keeper. I played in the professional leagues for a little while but I didn't like all the attention that came with it... spent the rest of my time working in the mail room at the ministry before I got offered the spot here. This is much nicer, and it pays better."

The professor laughed brightly. "Sure I'll teach you how to fly, I'll even teach you to play Quidditch if you like." She smiled at Thaor and picked up her textbook, turning to the next chapter. "All right so, I was on changing the shape of simple objects like coins... I think I've got that down so the next thing would be changing to object into another similar object."
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Thaor smiled as Grace called him adept, he had heard several other terms to describe his teaching methods, and adept was surely not one of them. His smile turned into a slight frown as Grace opened the book, he was in no state to be teaching anything at the current time, and he had detention to deal with in a little bit.

Please forgive me Grace, I currently find myself unfit to teach anything to anyone, Transfiguration especially, it is, as I'm sure you're well aware, one of the most difficult, and dangerous magic, besides the dark arts that is. I wouldn't want to mess something up and harm one of us. he said, trying to be as nice as possible.

I would be more than happy to schedule a private lesson though, that will give me time to get a copy of the text to brush up. he said with a smile. He really did like her company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Grace giggled and nodded and smiled softly to him. "That's fine Thaor, I'm just reading and studying theory before I even consider casting anything." She nodded to his offer of private lessons. "That sounds lovely. I'm also working on Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Magical Beasts. Those were the classes I did the best in while I was at Hogwarts."

She looked to the transfiguration book again and grimaced. "Maybe I should stick to what I'm good at rather than something I almost failed..." She closed the Transfiguration book and set it aside on a table. She then pulled out a large book that was a compilation of all the charms taught at Hogwarts. "This would be safer and more up my alley, so to speak."

She giggled a little nervously. "I'm sorry... you probably think I'm some kind of idiot now don't you?" She said downheartedly, she certainly felt like one!
Back to top Go down
Thaorson Kam Elddirs

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Thaor smiled as Grace talked, an idiot? no he thought to himself. I would be willing to help you with each of those subjects, given I know in advanced not to drink myself into such a state as I currently find myself. he said with a chuckle.

Hogwarts doesn't go about employing idiots, Ms Eversteen. Not since Headmaster Snape had no choice in the matter anyway. he said with a reassuring smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Grace smiled at Thaor and giggled a little. "Thank you Thaor, that certainly makes me feel better." She laughed at his remark about drinking himself into his current state. "Yes, perhaps slow down on the alcohol in the future hmm?" She gave him a small wink before gathering up her things. "Well, I do have an early flying class tomorrow after breakfast so I suppose I should be heading to bed early, sleep well Thaor."

As she prepared to head from the staff room she smiled at back him. "It was very nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Professorly Things (Grace)   Professorly Things (Grace) Empty

Back to top Go down

Professorly Things (Grace)
Page 1 of 1