Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Being a Muggle-born EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Being a Muggle-born EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Being a Muggle-born EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Being a Muggle-born EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Being a Muggle-born EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Being a Muggle-born EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Being a Muggle-born EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Being a Muggle-born EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Being a Muggle-born EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Being a Muggle-born EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Being a Muggle-born EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Being a Muggle-born EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Being a Muggle-born EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Being a Muggle-born EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Being a Muggle-born EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Being a Muggle-born

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character
::
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3, Radio Worker

Being a Muggle-born Empty
PostSubject: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:04 am

Kim decided to go to the library to explore and read more about the things that are about the wizarding world. Being a muggle-born is not as easy as she thought it will be. Coping up with the phase is the only thing she knows she can do for now.

She started searching on the beginners books. Trying hard to understand some words that can only be said in the magic world, Kim knew she needed someone to do this work.
Back to top Go down
http://thedrunktrain.blogspot.com
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 am

James was walking along the numerous shelves of the library, searching for a specific book. He had already visited the library several days earlier looking for it, but every copy had already been borrowed. 'There must be thousands of books here, if not tens of thousands. I'll never find it like this.' he thought to himself, glancing around to see if the librarian was around. However, the only person that he could see was a girl, who was standing a couple of shelves from him and was apparently absorbed by the book she was reading. He hesitated for a moment, but as there was no one else who could help him, he decided to ask her. As he approached, he recognized her from some of his lessons. If he remembered correctly, her name was Kim. "Hi. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but do you know where I can find the book Hogwarts: A History?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:48 am

As Kim was trying to ignore the flying books, she was approached by a boy with blue pin on his robe. "Hi. I'm sorry to interrupt you, but do you know where I can find the book Hogwarts: A History?" he asked her. "Hi. Actually, I am holding it right now. The librarian said that this is the last copy they have since students are always borrowing it. I'm Kim, by the way. Anyways, would you like to read it?" she asked. Pretending to understand some things isn't that easy. She was actually having a hard time reading the book. "I am having a hard time reading it. Maybe I should browse some easier books than this one," she added.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:50 pm

"I'm Kim, by the way. Anyways, would you like to read it?" the girl asked him. "I'm James" he replied. "If it's the last copy, you read it first, I can wait. I still have Quidditch through the ages to finish anyway." he added. "I am having a hard time reading it. Maybe I should browse some easier books than this one" she said after a moment. "Is it interesting, at least?" he inquired. "I was looking forward to reading in order to know a bit more about the school." he admitted.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 am

"Well, I think that the story of the whole school is very interesting though, there are specific spells that are being mentioned. It is the part where I am having a hard time coping up," Kim answered as quietly as possible. The librarian was looking at them but she was just observing, hoping that she could scold some students at least once a day. "Honestly, you can have it. I'm done, anyway."

Kim went towards the opposite shelf, trying to browse some spell books to understand some historical situations from the book she just read. "So, James. Why do you want to read the history of Hogwarts? I was informed that almost all of the wizards knew it already." she asked, trying to break the ice between the two of them.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:15 pm

"Thanks" James whispered while taking the book Kim was handing him. He then watched her walk away towards the opposite shelf and examine it. "So, James. Why do you want to read the history of Hogwarts? I was informed that almost all of the wizards knew it already." she asked after a while. "I didn't even know Hogwarts existed until a few months ago." James admitted after a moment of hesitation, observing the cover of the book he was holding. "My parents are... they have no magical powers." he added. He knew the proper term was Muggles, but it was still too strange for him to call them that. "How about you?" he inquired, glancing at her.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:03 am

"My parents are... they have no magical powers."

Kim was surprised but at the same time, glad. She always thought that she is the only one with that kind of condition. Finally, she wasn't alone. "Really, you're a muggle-born? Well, again, I am very pleased to meet you. Now I know that I am not alone in this castle. I am just like you, a muggle-born, as they call it here."

She continued to scan more books until she saw a book entitled 'Extraordinary events with magic'. She took it from the shelf, shed some dusts away and began to read. After sometime, she had the urge to talk to him more since they are almost alike. "So, how did you discover it, I mean your magic? Is it when the letter from Hogwarts arrived?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 am

"Really, you're a muggle-born?" Kim asked him, surprised. He nodded as she pursued: "Well, again, I am very pleased to meet you. Now I know that I am not alone in this castle. I am just like you, a muggle-born, as they call it here." James smiled: "I was beginning to think I was the only one." He had been feeling a bit like an outsider in this world in which everyone else apparently knew more than him, and to discover that he wasn't the only one in that situation was rather reassuring. He was about to ask her how common it was for a person with no witches or wizards in his family to actually be one, but he figured that she wouldn't know either, as this was all new to her too.

Kim continued to examine the covers of books lined up on the shelf. Thinking that he should probably not disturb her, James glanced at Hogwarts a History, glad that he would finally be able to know more about this place that was now his home. "So, how did you discover it, I mean your magic? Is it when the letter from Hogwarts arrived?" Kim suddenly asked, emerging behind a voluminous book that she was holding in her hands. "Yes, when the caretaker brought the letter. Though I didn't believe it at first. It seemed too good to be true. But then he explained us everything, about the existence of magic, the hidden wizarding world, the school being reopened after several years... My parents were also doubtful, but a simple demonstration was enough to make them realize that what he was saying was true. That was when I discovered I was a wizard. But I think I had performed magic even before that, though I wasn't aware of it at the time." he replied, recalling one of his professors explaining that young witches and wizards were usually able to use magic unintentionally under strong emotions even before coming to Hogwarts. "When did you know?" he inquired.
Back to top Go down
Kim Frey
Admin
Admin
Kim Frey

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

"My parents noticed it ever since I was young but since they are non-magical, they tried to ignore it until the letter arrived. They are both very happy when they read it, having some explanation on what is going on with me but you know, at first, they thought it was a practical joke so they replied, saying that they need to see the headmaster. Well, you know the rest," she answered happily.

Suddenly, the bell rang, indicating that some classes are beginning at that time. "Well, that's my cue to leave," Kim told James with a smile. "I need to come back to my common room, to fix my stuff and everything." She placed the book she was holding back to the shelf and turned back at him. "It's great to finally meet someone like me. Thank you James." Kim went out of the library and towards her common room.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:40 pm

James listened to Kim's story, glad that she had been though the same things he had. "Well, that's my cue to leave" Kim said after the bell announced that lessons were about to begin. He glanced at his timetable while Kim was placing back what she took from the shelf. There were supposed to have their first Potions lesson in a bit. "It's great to finally meet someone like me. Thank you James." Kim added as she was preparing to leave. "It's great to meet you too" he replied with a smile. "And thanks for the book" he shouted as she was walking away. Alerted by the noise, the librarian immediately gave him a menacing look. "Sorry" he quickly whispered before leaving the room and heading for the dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being a Muggle-born   Being a Muggle-born Empty

Back to top Go down

Being a Muggle-born
Page 1 of 1