Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Selena Skylar - Professor Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Selena Skylar - Professor Application Empty
PostSubject: Selena Skylar - Professor Application   Selena Skylar - Professor Application EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Your Full Name: Selena Skylar

School where you graduated: Hogwarts

Subject you are applying for: Herbology

Why do you want to become a professor? I already have experience of being a professor because I get on well with children and young people and love sharing my knowledge with them and helping them learn.

Why you have chosen this subject? I love Herbology because I love being outdoors and growing plants. I have a degree in this subject and I am well-qualified to teach it.

Have you applied for any professions yet? No, not yet.

Will you be able to post 1 to 2 lessons/month minimum? Definitely.

Do you have any previous experience in this field? I used to be Herbology professor at Beauxbatons Academy.

Role Playing Example(minimum 350 words ; Describe teaching your first class)
"Come in quickly now please," Selena said to the first years as they lingered outside the greenhouse, obviously taking their time and wasting the lesson. Yes, hurry up tiny little toddlers. She had nothing against firsties - they just seemed to take forever every single time. She pushed through the crowd and sat on her desk, swinging her legs as they filed in and took a seat. Once they'd all sat down she stood up. "Good morning!" she beamed, in a better mood now the Monday morning feeling had gone away for good. "My name is Professor Skylar and I'll be teaching you all Herbology this year. Now, who can tell me what Herbology is? Feel free to talk to the people around you, share ideas."

After a few moments of loud talking between the students, Selena interrupted. "Okay, who wants to try?" She looked around the room and quickly picked a small girl in the second row. She nodded as the girl talked about Herbology being all about the study of magical plants. "Yes, that's right. Herbology is the study of magical and mundane plants and fungi. Five points to Hufflepuff. Now, today we're going to be looking at the tea plant. It may seem plain and boring, but this plant is used for its healing and relaxation properties and, obviously, making tea. Tea is a popular drink in both the muggle and wizarding world. Ours, however, tastes better," she winked. "Why is this?"

The rest of the lesson flew by really quickly. The students seemed to enjoy working on their tea, using the leaves along with a range of different flavours. Selena had thought they might find it a bit straightforward and boring but she was pleased with all the creative and interesting flavours groups had come up with. Chocolate orange, pumpkin juice and apple and candy delight were among the flavours, which were great.

Towards the end of the lesson, she called for silence so she had time to set them homework before they left for the next lesson. It was fairly easy, since they were still new to the school and getting into the swing of things. After setting it, Selena let the kids go out, beaming at them as they left the greenhouse. "Bye now. See you next week. Bye Susie, Jake, see you later!

Back to top Go down

Selena Skylar - Professor Application
Page 1 of 1