Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character
::
Activity: Adult

Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  Empty
PostSubject: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:37 am

After receiving the news that he is again, to be admitted as a professor in Hogwarts, Ashton knows that he is quite thrilled about the second opportunity given to him. Though he knows that some of his former students might not be present anymore, he tried to be optimistic about the whole thing.

Ashton unlocked the room where he will hold his first lesson for the semester. He entered with no expression on his face since nothing changed in the space where he does his teachings. He knew that this won't be the best time to redecorate the room but he accepted the fact that this time, this room will just be this simple enough.

As usual, after scanning the room, he went outside and went towards his personal room. Watching students enter is really not his thing. His system is, to enter the room once all the students are already inside to avoid uncomfortable and awkward nods and hellos that he might encounter.

OOC: Just RP in this thread to participate in this class. :OOC
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Maya entered the History of Magic room and noticed that the professor hadn't arrived yet. She proceeded to take a seat at the front of the class. Although she had heard from other students that History of Magic had the potential to put students to sleep, this didn't put Maya off as history had always been her favourite subject when she was required to go to Muggle school before her magic education had started.

Maya took her book, some parchment and a quill out and sat watching other students trudge in, eagerly awaiting the start of the lesson.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:42 am

The long hand stuck to twelve. Ashton noted his clock and proceeded into his usual classroom.

After several steps further, he finally reached his destination. There, without any emotions on his face, he opened the door and walked calmly towards his table. It wasn't new that only few registered on his subject since for many, general History, no matter what its subject is about, is presumed to be a tool for people to get some sleep. Ashton's goal is to change this perception of theirs.

"Welcome to the first lesson for History of Magic. I am your professor, Ashton Clark, who was assigned to teach you the past events of the wizarding world. For first years, our topic is entitled 'Ancient Egyptian Magic'."

No one was moving on their seats. Knowing that it is the first lesson, all of the students seemed to have their eagerness to learn and behave to build a nice impressions.

"All of the students of mine are required to read in advance. As an introduction to every classes I handle, I ask a question to measure whether someone did their responsibility or not. This is also a great opportunity for earning points for your houses.

"My question shall be: What is the time frame or period when the Ancient Egyptian Magic occurred? Ten points shall be given to the designated house."
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:05 pm

The room fell silent as Maya watched Professor Clark enter the room. He looked quite serious Maya noted to herself as he strode across the classroom in a relaxed manner. Maya listened attentively and after introducing himself to the class the professor proceeded with asking them a question.

Unnerved, as she hadn't realized she was to read ahead, Maya answered the question, "it began approximately in 3150BC and ended sometime during 31BC". Although it was a guess, it was an educated one. Since she knew her history from the Muggle world she based her answer roughly around the Ancient Egyptian civilization dates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 pm

As he asks the question, I could tell that this class wouldn't be the most thrilling. I was going to give it my all though. Before I even had the chance to find out, a Slytherin girl answered the question. I was kind of hoping that it was wrong, but she seemed so confident about it. I then grab my book and check for the answer, hoping that somehow she made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:44 am

"Close answer Ms. Winchester but I am afraid that it is not the precise time frame that I am looking for. Anyway, three points for your house for giving it a try." Ashton said calmly, trying his best to change his reputation around the school. " Any more answers?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Grace kind of felt happy when the Slytherin girl was proven wrong. Grace didn't want to try, since she didn't know tha answer. Instead, she just kept her head down and her eyes on the words in her book.
Back to top Go down
Ashton Clark
Adult
Ashton Clark

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 9:49 am

Afterwards, no one wants to try and guess the specific answer to his question. "The answer that I am looking for would be 3000 through 1000 BC," Ashton said irritatingly.

"Let's go to the actual discussion then.

"Years ago, magic was discovered by the early Egyptians. They interpreted it as another field of education. Obviously, they all think that everyone has the capability of manifesting such magic as we are experiencing now. It is their way of coping to their everyday lives.

"For them, magic is not a gifted talent that is only given to selected people. They think that everyone has a capability to develop it and explore to everything that they can see. Well, in the end, they realized that only few can really use the real magic. These are the people they bellieved to have inherited the power from their creators or gods. However, they still think that everyone has it, but few can only have the talent to control it according to one's will. These people are worshiped and envied by most of them who can't really do magic. They add the word 'Deity' to their names for their honor. "
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Maya looked around the room seeing if anyone else would hazard a guess to the difficult question. She eyed up the Ravenclaw who seemed rather smug when she had got it wrong. But Maya didn't see her attempting to answer it, instead she was rifling through the pages of her book frantically searching for the answer. I thought Ravenclaws were supposed to be smart, Maya thought to herself.

After a few moments when no one replied, Professor Clark, addressed the class and wasn't too impressed that no one had come up with the correct answer. Maya jotted down the dates when he finally gave the class an answer.

He then continued on with the lesson, Maya tried to stay tuned in, every now and then taking notes. She found the subject interesting although her concentration kept waning as the stifling air threatened to take over and make her start daydreaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Grace couldn't wait for the discussion. Even though she hated speaking to people, she likes talking about history and anything to do with learning. Grace paid a lot of attention to what Prof. Clark was saying. The word Deity was familiar to her. She then realised that she had passed the word when reading the book to try to find the answer to his question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]    Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Subject: Lesson One: Ancient Egyptian Magic [Y1]
Page 1 of 1