Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Mixed Musings EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Mixed Musings EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Mixed Musings EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Mixed Musings EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Mixed Musings EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Mixed Musings EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Mixed Musings EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Mixed Musings EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Mixed Musings EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Mixed Musings EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Mixed Musings EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Mixed Musings EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Mixed Musings EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Mixed Musings EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Mixed Musings EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Mixed Musings

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm

[This is open for anyone who would like to bond with dear Penelope.]

If one were to have an aerial view of the Ravenclaw Common Room, they might wonder about the sight in front of their eyes. They might question what a young girl was doing inside, when the sun shone so brightly through the windows. They might inquire why the curly haired brunette lay in the blue rug of the floor – her feet crossed at the ankles, her hands rested leisurely across her stomach – rather than on one of the comfortable looking couches. One might even ask the girl about the obviously mixed look on her face; her countenance was one of contentedness, yet her eyebrows crinkled in confusion.

Penelope herself had her own set of wonderings buzzing about in her mind. She wondered about her family – did they miss her? Did she miss them? She wasn’t sure. Of course she missed her mother’s musings, her father’s flour-covered hugs. But she didn’t want to leave. She always enjoyed being alone; often times she would sneak out of the house while her mother was busy just to get some time by herself. Being alone was something that Penelope was not only comfortable with, but also fond of.

But here, at Hogwarts, she felt different. All around her, people were going through the same things as she, all the first years were united in a common newness. And her fellow eagles were all like her, in most ways. But while she had made passing acquaintances in the Ravenclaw house and some of her first year classes, she was essentially, alone. But this lonesomeness was unsettling – uneasy somehow.

And although Penelope wasn’t sure if anyone was coming, she waited.
Back to top Go down

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Auden walked into the Ravenclaw Common room. She was just finishing some homework in the library. Auden then spotted a brown haired girl. Hmm, she must be a first year, Auden thought. She looked at the girl. She seemed full of emotion or something like that. Maybe she was homesick? Auden began walking over to her.

"Hi there. I'm Auden. What's your name?" Auden asked.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:27 am

Aylee entered the Common Room, feeling a bit happy after her small stroll by the lake. She wasn't very tired, but her head was full of excitement for some reason. Shrugging, she crossed the room, about to go up to the girl's dormitories when she spotted Auden talking to another Ravenclaw.

She must be new! Aylee thought and, without knowing what she was doing, she walked over to the two. "Hello!" she greeted Auden and the other girl brightly.

Back to top Go down

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 am

The only sounds in the Ravenclaw Common Room were the slow breathes of the curly haired girl on the floor and the soft creak of the door. Penelope’s green eyes widened at the sound – she expected everyone to be outside in the warmth of the day. But she remained in the floor with her thoughts. Maybe she would go unnoticed; yet the sound of footsteps told her otherwise. Craning her head to the left and right, the eagle had an urge to roll under the couch and flee from whoever came her way. She didn’t want people thinking she was weird, lying on the floor like a dying mandrake, but before she could hide under the nearest table, a girl was standing over her.

She was familiar – Penelope had seen her around the common room - but still a stranger. She seemed nice enough, though, as she introduced herself to the first year. Penelope merely stared up at the girl, her eyes alert and caught off guard. Before she could force herself to speak, another voice greeted them. Penelope must have been so preoccupied with wanted to sink into the ground that she hadn’t heard the door to the common room open a second time.

Sitting up on her elbows, Penelope looked dumbly at the two girls. She was slowly coming out of the deep thinking trench of her mind, and the presence of people seemed fanciful. Alright - this was what she wanted right? A chance to make friends. Growing up homeschooled, she was never any good at making friends, but now was her chance to give it a go. What was the worst that could happen, anyway? She cleared her throat gingerly.

“Um, hello. I’m Penelope. I thought I’d be the only one inside today . . . but I guess not.”

Not wanting to give way to an awkward pause, Penelope did the only thing that made sense at a time like this. She reached clumsily into her pocket and pulled out the rest of her candy quills – she knew she had some left from a few days before. Sitting up, she held out her hand and exposed the broken remains of the crummy sweets to the two girls standing over her.

“Um,” Penelope offered awkwardly, “Sugar quill?”
Back to top Go down

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Auden listened to the girl. Her name was Penelope. "Hi. Um sure I'd love one." Auden took the sugar quill.
Back to top Go down
Aylee Walters
Admin
Admin
Aylee Walters

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Trainee Obliviator

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Aylee sat down next to the girl who called herself Penelope.  She seemed a bit shy. It reminded Aylee of herself in her first days of Hogwarts. When she was still new, Aylee couldn't even speak to another person without stammering! At least the habit is gone now, she thought. Then frowned a little. Hopefully.

Then she realized that Penelope was holding out broken pieces of sugar quills to her. Aylee smiled and took the offer. She liked sugar quills. "I'm Aylee," she introduced herself before taking a small bite of a sugar quill piece. 

"You must be new," she said, then instantly regretted it. Of course she's new, idiot! Aylee thought. If you've never seen her before! Ignoring that thought, she asked, "How d'you like Hogwarts so far?" Everyone always asks that question to every new person. She ate another piece of sugar quill and looked at Penelope, waiting for her to answer the question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mixed Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixed Musings   Mixed Musings Empty

Back to top Go down

Mixed Musings
Page 1 of 1