Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Settling into a new place EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Settling into a new place EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Settling into a new place EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Settling into a new place EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Settling into a new place EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Settling into a new place EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Settling into a new place EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Settling into a new place EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Settling into a new place EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Settling into a new place EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Settling into a new place EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Settling into a new place EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Settling into a new place EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Settling into a new place EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Settling into a new place EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Settling into a new place

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character
::
Activity: Junior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic

Settling into a new place Empty
PostSubject: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:10 am

Upon reaching the common room of Slytherin, Morgana walked in and stopped dead. The big room she had set foot in rendered her speechless. The greenish glow in the room made her feel safe, and she had no idea of why. All she knew was that Salazar was a great architect. She smiled to herself and walked towards the girls dormitory to see.

She smiled and saw her things placed by a bed and she walked over to it. Nice spot. The room didn't have a window, though, as it was underneath the lake. She walked out of the dormitory and back to the common room again, only now realizing that there actually were people in it. She didn't walk over to them, she preferred her solitude, and it was a bit scary to walk over to them. Some looked older than her, some looked as old as her. Either way, it was a bit scary.

So, she sat down in a couch a bit off, probably looking very alone, but she didn't care. She simply relaxed and thought about what this year would bring her. Maybe she should take on a job to get some more savings. Her father wouldn't like that though. But she would like to work a bit. Maybe she could keep it from him? She snorted at the thought, before remembering that there were other people in the room. She clenched her teeth. Well, now, they probably thought she was a stuck-up dollhead. She looked down at her hands and hoped they hadn't noticed the snort.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:33 am

Selene scanned the room to make sure no one was doing anything they weren't supposed to. Some students were talking among themselves, having a good time. Others were practicing spells for classes, and other were simply reading or playing a game. Everything seemed pretty normal, except for the first years.

It was easy to spot them as most of them sat alone with a confused gaze, but one girl stood out from them. Without hesitation, Selene walked up to her. "Hello, I suppose you're Morgana Gaunt?" She asked, taking a seat in front of her, recalling the names of the students from the Sorting Ceremony.
"I'm Selene Vega. Care of Magical Creatures Professor, and Head of Slytherin House."
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:07 am

Ellie had been sitting on the window seat that looked out at the bottom of the lake, studying since exams were soon. She always felt at peace in the common room, especcially when a sea creature swam by causing the water to lap at the thick glass pane window. She put down her DADA book after swishing her hand around a little to practise spells and looked around the room.

The first years all looked timid and confused. She smiled sweetly to them before noticing one in particular. She stood up to walk over to but just as she had, her mom also walked over to her. Hesitating a little, Ellie still walked over to the girl and extended her hand before sitting down. "I'm Elita Fontayne-Vega. Everyone calls me Ellie." she smiled sitting down on the floor in front her mom. "Welcome to Hogwarts and more specifically, welcome to Slytherin."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:13 am

Morgana looked up when a woman older than the students walked over. She did a quick scan and easily took her as a teacher, and a teacher who taught outside. That meant either Herbology or Care of Magical Creatures, and since the woman had no dirt under her fingernails, but seemed calm and oriented, Morgana would guess on the latter. And she was right. She smiled victoriously inside herself, knowing that her father would be proud.

She then smiled nicely to the professor, who also happened to be the Head of Slytherin. She should have made that deduction as well, but hey... No one was perfect. "I am Morgana, yes," Morgana said kindly. "I suppose I'll have a lot to do with you, then, since I'm taking your class as well," she added softly. She did look forward to CoMC. She really loved to learn about magical creatures, they were all so fascinating, even though they could only dig for gold, or whatever.

Another girl walked over, though she seemed a bit hesitant. A third year, it seemed, but she didn't seem hesitant because of Morgana, more the teacher. And then she introduced herself. Morgana shook her hand and smiled. Mother and daughter then? But professor Vega looked a bit too young to be her biological mother, so maybe they were adopted? Morgana shrugged it off.

"I'm Morgana Gaunt. I'm guessing you guys are related somehow?" she asked politely. "And thanks, I find that I really like it here. It's pretty interesting to be in such a huge place, not knowing your way around, yet still feeling so at home."
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character
Activity: Adult, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, History of Magic Professor, Head of Slytherin House

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 am

"Elita is my daughter, yes." Selene responded to Morgana's question. "And it's very nice to meet you, even though I haven't seen you in class yet." She admitted, recalling the students she had already met.

"It gets easier as you get older." Selene adviced, "just stay out of trouble and you should be good."
Back to top Go down
Morgana Gaunt
Admin
Admin
Morgana Gaunt

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 am

Morgana gave a nod at what professor Vega was telling her and gave a friendly smile to Elita, though it was a bit stiff. Smiling wasn't something Morgana did a lot of. She was friendly enough, but displaying emotions was a hard job for her, but she was getting better and better.

"No, I know. I've just signed up for them," she said calmly, "I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the subject, but then I realized that I really do like animals a lot, and much better than I like Divination, no offense to the subject of course. But I need my facts. I guess I'm a factual person. I have a hard time believing. So Care of Magical Creatures is definitely my best option."

Morgana nodded. "Thanks. I'll try to remember that. I have figured out that I like to earn points more than I like to lose them, though, so, yes, I'll stay out of trouble," she said lightly.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Watching the exchange from afar between Morgana and the professor from, what was being said she soon figured that the woman was their head of house. She was amazed that the woman had a child also in Slytherin and surmised that she looked really good for her age.

Seeing it as a good idea to introduce herself, not only to her CoMC but also the head of Slytherin,  Maya hopped up from the comfy arm chair and seizing her opportunity approached the pair.

Hoping she wasn't interrupting anything she introduced herself, "Hi, I'm Maya. I've just started here." She said as politely as she could and managing a timid smile.
Back to top Go down
Selene Greco
Adult
Selene Greco

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Selene listened silently to Morgana, when another girl came up to them. She recognized the student, Maya, from her class list.

"Welcome Maya, I'm Selene Vega. I will be teaching your Care of Magical Creatures class." She was happy that more students were arriving, and that they were choosing to take her class! She loved her job, and if no one signed up, then she wasn't going to be able to teach at all. The thought broke her heart.
"How are you liking Hogwarts so far, Maya?" Selene added as she saw the girl's shy smile.
Back to top Go down
Maya Winchester
Adult
Maya Winchester

My Character
Activity: Slytherin - Year 3

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Glad that Professor Vega had recognised her from class, she smiled at her timidly.

"Thank you professor," Maya replied in response to Professor Vega's introduction. It was obvious that Professor Vega liker her job as it was evident in the way she thought the class, Maya had immensely enjoyed CoMC so far and Professor Vega's enthusiasm for the subject was a big factor.

"I'm loving it thanks, it's just  such a big castle and so easy to get lost in." Maya laughed recalling the last time she got lost, thankfully it wasn't on her way to class. It had just taken her longer than expected to return to the common room. She had also fallen in love with the common room now, it felt like home and she loved her comfortable bed which was her favourite thing in her dormitory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling into a new place   Settling into a new place Empty

Back to top Go down

Settling into a new place
Page 1 of 1