Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)

Go down 
+2
James Riddle
Ambrosius Umbranox
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
::
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Defence Against the Dark Arts: Lesson One

Ambrosius gazed around his classroom, filled with an unusual warmth to be back there. He remembered the apprehension he felt when first stepping into the obscure room, and his determination to prepare students for the dangers that they would inevitably have to face in these troubled times.
A thin layer of dust covered the floor and the desks, but after a single flick of his wand the room was just as he had left it a few months earlier, save for an old wooden cupboard he had placed in one corner.

He observed his students slowly arrive, some still half asleep as it was the first class of the day, others apparently excited to discover what he had prepared for them. Unlike for previous lessons, there was nothing in the room that indicated the subject of the day's class, and the blackboard was blank as well. Ambrosius couldn't help feeling somewhat proud as he watched his students take their seats. It was already his third year as Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, and he had grown fond of these children, even though he wasn't always ready to admit it. They had already learned so much, yet there was still much more he had to teach them.

Last edited by Ambrosius Umbranox on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character
Activity: Adult

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:43 pm

The Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom was just as he remembered it, dark, mysterious, with frightening paintings on the wall, yet strangely homey at the same time. Professor Umbranox looked as gaunt and pale as ever, as if he hadn't seen the sun for the entire summer.

His serene aura still followed him, yet there seemed to be something more in his gaze. Before James could figure out what it was, the others began entering the room and taking their seats around him.
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 1:39 am

"Hey James. Glad to see you back." Wade commented once he saw the Ravenclaw in the room. Unlike before, he decided to take a seat in the front row and began to prepare himself for the lesson. He might learn a few dark spells before the day was over.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Auror, Flying Professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 2:30 am

Lucy's grey eyes darted all across the room only to find Wade sitting in the front row. As unusual as it was, she didn't think anything of it other than maybe now he would pay attention and pass his classes. Her pink lips, however, formed a bright smile as she spotted James. He's back! She thought. We can keep searching for the library! And he's back! Without thinking, Lucy walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "James! I'm so glad to see you!" she said.
After a few seconds, she let go and took a seat beside him, glancing at Wade and giving him a greeting smile.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:43 am

Shah hopped into the classroom. Defence Against the Dark Arts was one of her favourite subjects. She was glad to see Prof. Umbranox, keen to learn whatever he taught them today. She spotted James, Lucy and Wade in the room. Smiling a little at the teacher, she walked up to her friends. She couldn't believe that they were all already in their third years. "Hi guys!" She greeted them, before taking her usual seat at the back of the classroom.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

He greeted Wade and Shah as they arrived, and felt a grin appear on his face as soon as he spotted Lucy heading towards him. He hadn't seen her in a while. Her hair seemed longer than he remembered and her fair skin had slightly tanned over the summer. Just as he was about to greet her, she wrapped her arms around him. He remained speechless, caught by surprise, yet he hugged her back almost instinctively.

"It's... it's really nice to see you too." he replied clumsily once she had let go, feeling his cheeks become as red as tomatoes. Fortunately, Professor Umbranox started the lesson, sparing him any further embarrassment. James tried to concentrate on the teacher's words, yet for some reason Lucy's hug kept crawling into his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character
Activity: Adult, Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Head of Ravenclaw House

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:01 am

"Welcome back to Defence Against the Dark Arts, third years." Ambrosius announced once all his students had arrived. "I hope you have enjoyed your holidays, for a lot of hard work awaits us this term." He began strolling around the room as usual.

"As you remember, or at least I sincerely hope you do, we spent the last two years constructing an arsenal of spells that would prove essential when you find yourselves in peril, when the only things that determine whether you should live or perish are your mastery of this subject, quick wits and serenity. However, the Wand Lighting Spell, the Knock-Back Jinx and the Body Bind Curse represent only a set of basic defensive spells, suitable to defeat creatures such as ghosts or Devil's Snare. Unfortunately, the opponents you might have to face are much more powerful, and that is why I will keep teaching you more advanced ways to defend yourselves against them, as well as make you discover new, more fearsome dark creatures."

Walking back to his desk, he turned towards his audience. "Before I reveal what today's lesson will be about, I want you to tell me what is, in your opinion, the most important thing when you end up in a situation where your knowledge and your wand are the only allies that stand between you and the Dark Arts." Scanning the room, he pateintly waited for any of them to raise their hands.
Back to top Go down
Shah Chelsea Hazel
Admin
Admin
Shah Chelsea Hazel

My Character
Activity: Adult, Trainee Auror

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Shah raised her hand. She was excited to answer. After being called upon, she answered, "In my opinion, the two most important things are: concentration and courage." She didn't know where that came from. She vaguely remembered her mom saying something like that.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm

"That is most true, miss Hazel." Ambrosius commented upon listening to the Gryffindor's answer. "And why is it we need courage above all things? What is it that makes us powerless in the face of danger, that paralyzes us and prevents us from acting when our actions may very well determine our fate?"
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:40 pm

"Fear" James whispered, more to himself, but he said it apparently too loud as Professor Umbranox's gaze turned slowly towards him. He knew the feeling all too well. He still remembered the way he froze when facing the Devil's Snare in his first year. He still recalled how powerless he felt as the plant's tendrils menacingly wrapped around his arm, and how in the end it seemed so much easier to give up and hope it would end than to keep fighting. He never wanted to go through the same thing again.

Last edited by James Riddle on Fri May 17, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Ambrosius eyed the boy for a moment before nodding understandingly. "Fear" he repeated gravely, his gaze sweeping the room. "You might face dreadful monsters and mighty foes, yet in the end your biggest enemy is none other than yourself. Only by overcoming your fears will you achieve your true potential and be capable of reacting in any situation without a moment of hesitation." He remained silent for a while, letting his words sink into his students' minds.

"Now, considering what we have just talked about, would anyone be brave enough to venture a guess as to the subject of today's lesson?" Ambrosius inquired, discretely glancing at the cupboard.

Last edited by Ambrosius Umbranox on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wade Malfoy
Admin
Admin
Wade Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Dark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:16 am

Raising his hand, Wade spoke. "Boggarts." It was a simple answer, but he was sure they would be doing this on their third year as he had been waiting for this lesson since the past term. His body suddenly tensed at the thought of showing everyone in the class what his worst fear was. Since they were young, Lucy knew he hated spiders more than he hated anything else, but as he grew older, his fear became stronger and more reasonable than a hairy insect.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:13 am

"Perfect, mister Malfoy. For those of you who are still not familiar with it, a Boggart is a very fearsome dark creature. It does not possess long menacing tendrils, tremendous size and strength or the power to suck one's soul, yet it will appear more terrifying to each of us individually than any Devil's Snare, giant or Dementor." Ambrosius began explaining. "Its main weapon and very essence is fear, as it will assume the form of what a person most profoundly dreads. Therefore, it is not known what appearance it has when alone, since it will shift its shape as soon as someone approaches it."

"Boggarts are particularly fond of dark and secluded places. It is thus not impossible that you may one day encounter them in some of your old wardrobes or the gap under your bed. Some even say Boggarts are responsible for the common fear children have of the monster that hides under their beds at night. As it happens, I have been able to procure us one for the lesson." he announced, indicating the wooden cupboard standing in the corner. "And you will have the opportunity to face it once we are done discussing the subject." he added, gauging the students' reactions.

"Unfortunately, the defensive spells we have learned so far would prove useless against a Boggart. A specific charm is required to combat it. Does anyone know what spell I am referring to?"
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyWed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Ellie tensed up at the thought of a boggart. "Professor, is it Riddikulous? Don't we also have to think of something amusing or funny as well?" she asked lowering her hand back to her desk and shying down into her chair.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

"That is exact, miss Fontayne. Riddikulus is the charm required to defend yourselves against a Boggart." he replied, pronouncing the incantation very clearly. "However, what truly defeats it is your ability to acknowledge your fear and turn it into something amusing. You see, if performed correctly, the charm allows you to transform the Boggart into a more humourous shape, therefore rendering it powerless. However, since you may lose your way when facing the creature, we will first practise the spell without a target before moving on to the next part of the lesson."

"Now, if you would please all join me in the front." he beckoned them to come closer. The students already knew the routine, as Ambrosius had applied it in many of his previous lessons. Once the space was clear of desks and chairs, he addressed them again. "As I explained, I want all of you to perform the charm before we proceed." He took his wand from his pocket and pointed it in front of him. "The hand movement consists of a short horizontal line, then a semi-circle turned downwards and another horizontal line." he explained, motioning his wand accordingly as he spoke. "And of course the incantation is Riddikulus. A brief whip-crack noise should be heard if you succeed. Casting the spell now should prove quite simple. The real difficulty will arise once you have to repeat that feat while facing your worst fear."
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:04 am

Standing up, James followed the others towards the front of the room. They all gathered around Professor Umbranox as he explained their first task. Relieved that they didn't have to deal with the Boggart yet, he took out his wand and pointed it in front of him.

After repeating the hand movement a few times to make sure he wouldn't have any problems with that, he tried to concentrate on the spell. "Riddikulus" he uttered. In response, his wand emitted a loud snapping sound. Satisfied, he turned to the teacher, apprehending what would come next.
Back to top Go down
Elita Malfoy
Adult
Elita Malfoy

My Character
Activity: Divinations professor

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:15 am

Ellie felt a little unsettled as she stood at the front beside James. Following his lead, she moved her wand in a short horizontal line, then a semi-circle turned downwards and another horizontal line a few times then one last time while softly saying, "Riddikulus." Her wand emmitted a loud sound like a whip cracking causing her to jump as it did so. She smiled a little and looked at James then to the professor.

The real worrying part was coming. She was unsure of what her boggart was and she was afraid to find out.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Riddikulus, Lucy thought as she concentrated on her words and on the effect of the spell. For a few seconds, she hesitated performing it; she wanted it to get it right on the first time. Letting go of all her thoughts, she finally moved her hand, gave her wand a few waves as everyone else was doing, and finally said "Riddikulus."
The snapping sound coming from her wand as soon as she had performed the spell placed a smile on her lips. She looked around to see who else was left, and found only Wade hesitating.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 am

Ambrosius's gaze swept the room, going from student to student as they performed the charm. They really have learned a lot, he had to admit to himself, seeing that they had all succeeded without much trouble. However, the truly challenging part was yet to come.

"Well done, everyone. Now that you have all mastered the charm, it is time to use it in its true purpose." Raising his wand, he gave it a soft swish and the wooden cupboard slowly hovered from the corner of the room to the center. "Please for a line in front of it." he said and gave them a few seconds to obey. "Running away from your fears will only make them grow more powerful, until one day you realize that they are too strong for you to face them. That is why you the only way to get rid of them is to confront them right away and overcome them." he stepped closer to the cabinet. "You will face the Boggart one by one. When it shifts into your most terrible nightmare, I want you to think of something amusing and to cast the charm we have just learned. For example, if your deepest fear is a giant deadly snake, I want you to transform it into a minuscule helpless worm." he explained. "As soon as you are ready." he added, directing his wand at the doors of the cupboard.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Lucy took a deep breath and lined up at the beginning of the line. She was the third person up, and her mind was racing as soon as the first two students cast the spell successfully. It was her turn, and she could feel her body temperature rising as she thought about it. Fire. It was too hot, it was too dangerous. How was she supposed to turn this into something funny? Fire can't turn into something funny. Fire can't...

A rock-solid pit, of about three feet in diameter, carved itself on the ground. Flames came up from all sides and angles, making fiery waves in front of Lucy's scared eyes. She could feel her wand in her hand, but she couldn't move. She couldn't move. Her pale cheeks were now a deep shade of pink; she couldn't stand being so close to it. She had to do something.

Suddenly, her eyes could not stay open, and the heat of the flames was too much for her. Her head hurt intensely, and she could feel the blood in her veins, moving all around her body. Her legs could no longer hold her, and her mind was racing. She couldn't possibly be this weak. She was Lucy Andromeda Malfoy. Malfoy. She couldn't be weak.
Then, she lost her vision. Everything was black.

Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Ambrosius immediately saw uneasiness and apprehension mark Lucy Malfoy's pale face as she was about to commence the task. The moment she approached the Boggart, terrifyingly high flames rose from the ground, forming a fiery wall in front of the petrified Slytherin.

The professor hesitated, yet decided to give her an opportunity to attempt to overcome her fear. However, when he noticed her blank stare and the way her body tilted dangerously backwards, he knew instantly he had to intervene. In the blink of an eye, his wand was out of his pocket. He swiftly waved it, and a large cushion materialized from thin air underneath the girl, softening her fall. Next second, he pointed it at the flames and uttered "Riddikulus".

The blazing waves vanished as abruptly as they had appeared, and fireworks sprang in their stead. Tiny crimson and gold blasts filled the room, cheerfully crackling around the students. With a swish of his wand, Ambrosius opened the cupboard, forcing the sparklers and shooting stars inside. With a last scarlet bang, the fireworks darted into the depths of the wardrobe, and the door shut behind them.

Ambrosius then switched his attention to the Slytherin, who still lay on the floor. Summoning his bag from his desk, he pulled out a bar of chocolate. "Miss Malfoy" he serenely called, gently shaking the girl.
Back to top Go down
Lucy Malfoy
Adult
Lucy Malfoy

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:48 am

Lucy hear nothing but the sound of the Professor's voice, followed by a harsh thud which she believed was the boggart getting back to it's place. Weakly, Lucy's eyes opened and she saw Professor Umbranox offering him the usual chocolate bar. 

"Thank you." Lucy said softly, trying to push herself upward in order to look around her.

She noticed tall figures around, some of them were close enough so that she could recognize them, but she was looking for Wade, and she couldn't find him.

"I think I should just stand by and watch, Professor. Maybe I can try at the end of class?"
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 am

"Are you certain you need not visit the Hospital Wing?" Ambrosius softly inquired. Yet the girl appeared well enough, so he accepted letting her rest until the end of the lesson and then attempt defeating the Boggart.

Turning to the line again, he beckoned the first student to come closer and face the dreaded creature.
Back to top Go down
James Riddle
Adult
James Riddle

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:51 pm

James stepped towards Lucy when she fell. Luckily she seemed to be fine, just shaken by what she had just been through. He watched her head towards the back of the classroom, and then realized it was his turn to face the Boggart. 

His heart pounding, he slowly approached the cupboard. He had no idea what would emerge a few seconds hence, which made it all the more terrifying. While he had been waiting, he had tried to think of his deepest fear. When he was younger, he used to be scared of bees, and for a moment he thought the creature would turn into a giant hornet and chase him across the room. Yet he discarded that, as he didn't fear them anymore. 

Clutching his wand, he took a deep breath and glanced at Professor Umbranox. The teacher gave him an interrogative look, and as soon as James nodded, the door of the wardrobe swung open.

Professor Umbranox walked out the wooden cupboard. Utterly confused, James gaped at him, his wand dangling aimlessly from his hand. 
"You are very well aware of why I am here, mister Riddle." the man declared, strolling towards him. His face was snow-white, and his cheeks sunken in. Yet his gaze was the most frightening. The professor's peaceful eyes were now full of disdain.
"I..." James struggled to respond.
"I believe this farce has lasted long enough." His voice was deep and slow, yet its usual calmness was replaced with contempt. "It was all a mistake, mister Riddle. From the beginning."
"Professor?" James mumbled, getting more and more uneasy by the second. 
"You are no wizard. You never were."
"But I... I can cast spells and..." 
"Can you?" the professor sharply interrupted him. "Your previous experiences seem to point otherwise."
"What..." James began, but deep inside he knew the professor was right. His repeated failures during practical tasks in Defence Against the Dark Arts immediately resurfaced. Doubt and fear overwhelmed him once more. "Riddikulus" he managed to mutter unconvincingly, yet it did absolutely nothing.

"You see?" Professor Umbranox kept creeping towards him. "The train will take you home tonight, mister Riddle. To your Muggle parents. You do not belong here." Other figures had appeared behind the teacher. Lucy, Wade, Aurora, Sydney, all of them. "You don't belong here. You don't belong here" they were repeating in unison while fixing him with resentment. 
"Hand me your wand, mister Riddle. You have no right to it." Professor Umbranox commanded, extending a ghastly hand towards him while the others were pursuing their demonic chant. 

James glared at Professor Umbranox in disbelief. "You don't belong here, you don't belong here." the voices still echoed. He wanted to fight, yet there seemed to be no strength left in him. But then he remembered. He remembered the first time he cast a spell and his incredible amazement when the feather levitated before his eyes. He remembered his wand lighting up, and Lucy's congratulations when he managed to petrify her. Yet Lucy was one of those condemning him now.

It's not her, James convinced himself. And it's not Professor Umbranox either. He turned towards the real Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, and found encouragement in his gaze. 

"Riddikulus!" he yelled, just as the creature's hand was about to seize his wand. With a loud whipping sound, the figures disappeared, their shouts silenced. The Boggart swirled, and where Professor Umbranox stood a moment past, a wooden clown had materialized. His face was as white as the teacher's had been, but his hair and clothes were of a vivid crimson tone. 

His hands were shaking, but James managed to smile at that sight. His heart still thumping wildly, he turned to Professor Umbranox. It's over, was all he could think.
Back to top Go down
Ambrosius Umbranox
Adult
Ambrosius Umbranox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Ambrosius almost smiled when James Riddle defeated the Boggart. All those lessons were not in vain after all, he told himself. "You deserved the chocolate, mister Riddle", he informed him, "as well as ten points for Ravenclaw."

He proudly observed the boy rejoin the others at the back and then addressed those who had not performed the task yet. "Very well, who is next?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)   Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - Boggarts (Year III - Term 3)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next