Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chad Wilcox

Chad Wilcox

My Character
::
Activity: Muggle Studies Professor

Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) Empty
PostSubject: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Chad had put up a notice in the Slytherin common room recommending that all Slytherins in fifth, sixth and seventh-year come to him for a short career advice session. Short, because he was far too lazy to put a lot of effort into this whole thing. He just wanted to give the kids a bit of insight into what jobs they should be thinking about so they didn't waste their life and end up poor and homeless.

He sat in his office, tapping a pen on the desk, waiting for someone to turn up.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Ollivander's Wand Shop Employee

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Miranda had no fucking clue what she wanted to be when she grew up. Well, she was already an adult, so she was already grown up. And maybe she wasn't legally an a adult in the Wizarding world, but she was more adult than these idiots she was forced to be around every day. So when she saw the notice in the common room, she decided to do the adult thing, and go to professor wilcox's thing.

She had a. Idea of what she wanted to do, but there were so many things that branched off that thing that she was completely lost. She walked up to professor wilcox's office, and walked right in. She didn't think he would mind her not knocking and hoped he had some pizza rolls to share. She sat down and said, " I'm Miranda Cunningham, 6th year. And I want to be a professor but I don't know what I want to teach."

She was a straight to the point kind of person and hoped he was the same way. She didn't want to fucking share her life story with the guy. That was depressing as it is.
Back to top Go down
Chad Wilcox

Chad Wilcox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:08 pm

A girl turned up before long. Chad pushed the tray of pizza rolls forward and motioned for her to take a seat. "Hello," he said as way of greeting. Then he returned to eating his pizza roll as he listened to her speak. He grabbed a quill, ink and parchment from a drawer in his desk in order to make notes or whatever. But he doubted he'd work up the effort to actually write notes. Far too lazy, he was.

Oh, this was the Cunningham girl. The American transfer who'd lost her parents, the one who he'd been warned was moody and unpredictable. That was fine. He could deal with shit like that. If she gave him attitude, he'd give her attitude back. And he wasn't going to bring up her parents, or try and be especially nice to her. It would only get tiresome for the both of them. "I'm Chad," he introduced, just in case she didn't know already. She didn't go to his classes, after all.

He liked her. She seemed like a no bullshit, straight to the point person. Which was more than he could say for a lot of his dumbass students. Also, she already knew what she wanted to do with her life at sixteen. "Good choice," he commented wryly. "Well what subjects are you good at?" It was easy to work out, really. "Which ones have you chosen to take at NEWT level?"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Miranda shrugged. She wasn't sure if she was even coming back. By March, she would be 17, and would be able to chose if she wanted to go back or not. Nobody could tell her otherwise. She said, "I hate it here. In March I'll be 17 and be able to do as I please. If being a professor means coming back to this place, maybe it's not worth it. I could drop out, and get a job in Hogsmeade as a bartender or something." It wasn't the ideal life, but it was better than wasting her fucking time here.

She crossed her arms waiting to hear this blokes opinion. He was here to give advice. Maybe he could convince her of doing something else than becoming a drop out, but she highly fucking doubted it. Miranda was stubborn, and she knew it. When her mom was alive, she would do the exact opposite of what she said. But she didn't give a shit about this bloke. He seemed like he didn't care either.

So why did it fucking matter that she was here anyways?
Back to top Go down
Chad Wilcox

Chad Wilcox

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:41 pm

"You could drop out right now, if you really wanted to," Chad pointed out. "But I wouldn't recommend it. No qualifications? No nothing? Your life will be miserable." Students had done it, and students had failed with their life. "Bartender? You might not even be able to get that job. You need to have good customer service skills for that," he smirked, not even joking, but finding himself amusing anyway.

He sighed. She was being stupid and she must know it. "Just try and stick it out until after your NEWTs." He was trying to be helpful here, but he didn't THINK it was working out so well. "Then you can apply for a teaching job. You don't have to come back here. There are plenty of other magical schools. I believe you attended... Salem? Personally, I'd go for the small magical school of Kiwi in New Zealand." It sounded like a fun place to teach. Maybe he'd transfer there and Miranda could have his job here.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:52 am

What a fucking ass. Miranda hated him already. Not only was he telling her her decisions where wrong, he was telling her shed fail at life if she did them. Miranda said, "I want to go back to Salem. That's my point of dropping out here. I wouldn't drop out completely. I'm not fucking stupid. I would do my bartender job, and earn enough money to get back to the states to go back to Salem." She was flabbergasted at this guy. He was telling her she would fail at life if she dropped out. Many people have dropped out of school, and they are doing just fine. She couldn't name one off the top of her head, but she was sure there was some out there.

Miranda's jaw dropped. He was insulting her to her face. She replied, " I can be fucking pleasant when i want to be. Especially if I'm getting paid for it, asshole."

Miranda had had enough of his shit. She was tired of being pushed around. Her plan was full proof. Sure her parents would be dissapointed in her, but if she wanted to be happy, she had to do what she had to do. And getting back to Salem was her number one priority.

Her NEWTS... She wasn't looking forward to those one bit... Now he was being so much of a dickhead and actually giving her reasonable advice. NEWTS she could do. If she aced those, she had a set future whether or not she chose to graduate. She sighed. She said, " I can try. But, if I don't like if, I'm walking out of this hell whole of a school, and not looking back."

Other teaching jobs... She wanted to teach potions. Potions was something she was good at. Something she didn't have to try so hard in. Did other schools offer potions? Salem didn't she knew. She asked, "what other schools teach potions? Salem doesn't. We had classes like transfiguration, divination, it was all about the arts and Quidditch. But here, I like potions. It's fun and easy."

She hoped she was being helpful so the dickhead could give some decent advice...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)   Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7) Empty

Back to top Go down

Slytherin Career Advice (Years 5-7)
Page 1 of 1