Live the Magic!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Admins
Fast Links
Current time
SPRING
Year: 2034
Term: 13
Month: March

Term 13 until TBA
House Points
Chat Box
Vote For Us
Affiliates
Photobucket Shadowplay HOS The Beginning Magical World of Harry Potter THE GIRL IS DANGEROUS Hogwarts Academy

Click here to affiliate!
Latest topics
» Chances (Ariel)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:34 pm by Ariel Wilde

» HUGE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - PLEASE READ
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySat May 21, 2016 11:40 pm by Hunter VanDerberg

» Sunny Afternoon (Open to Anyone)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyFri May 20, 2016 6:58 am by Marielle Prince

» An Unfortunate Accident (Open)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:41 am by Marielle Prince

» Marielle Aveline Prince
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm by Sky

» Claim a Face
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySun May 15, 2016 8:08 am by Marielle Prince

» AFFILIATE HERE
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:42 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» My charries need something fot their life (a plots)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:10 am by Jessica Kim

» The Gif Game 2.0
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:39 am by Humphrey Williams

» A Dying Trade (one of JETTS characters)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:25 am by Augustus Beckett

» Wild Child [Ariadne]
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySun May 01, 2016 6:01 am by Ariadne O'Rieley

» History Of Magic Application
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» Semi - Activity Check!
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 11:56 am by Hunter VanDerberg

» EVELYN'S "DRAWINGS"
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm by Morgana Gaunt

» I Won't Say I'm In Love (closed-one shot)
Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 pm by Miranda Cunningham

Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Di Angelo
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Vanessa Di Angelo

My Character
::
Activity:

Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  Empty
PostSubject: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:57 am

Vanessa made sure she had on a super cute outfit before leaving her room with an over night bag with a cute pair of pajamas, deodarant for the next morning, some perfume, clothes for the next day, a tooth brush and tooth paste. She fixed her hair and then began the run down to the castle gates and into Hogsmeade. Once she was in the little town, she apparated to Diagon Alley. 

She walked down the cobblestone pathway toward Ollivanders wand shop. She was nervous. Why was she nervous. She didnt even know. She took a deep breath and stood outside the shop for a few moments and people passed her by and gave her odd looks. 

After a while, she opened the door and stepped inside, a tinkering bell above her head to let someone know she was there. She chewed on her bottom lip and sighed as she looked around. She prayed it would be Alek that came forward and not one of his roommates. She would not know what to say to them if that did happen. Probably that she was just looking for Alek. Yeah, yeah that was good. And it was very much the truth.

Last edited by Aleksander Krupp on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had to open it up for Miranda as well for plot reasons :D)
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character
Activity: Slytherin Alumni, Ollivander's Wand Shop Employee

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:58 am

Miranda had been having a pretty good day. She had helped out a few customers, cleaned up around the shop, and listened to Phin tell stories about his friend Aoife, whom he seemed to care deeply for. Phin told her about the time that he had locked Aoife and Hunter VanDerberg in a closet to try and get them together. Miranda laughed a little bit about Phin being so naïve about love. Miranda tried to explain that one can't force a relationship, and that it would always end badly, but Phin didn't seem to want to listen to her. Right now they were in the back room taking a little break before they would close down the wand shop for the night and go up and make dinner with Alek. She was going to help him make his favorite Russian dish. She didn't know how to make it, and hoped that he did so she wouldn't fuck it up.

Just as she and Phin were about to get ready to start closing up, there was a ding at the door. Miranda gave an annoyed look to Phin, and said, "I got this Kid, go upstairs and get ready for dinner." He nodded and went up to the loft. Miranda went to the front of the store, and there was a girl. Miranda looked her up and down and thought she looked a little too dressed up to be looking for a wand. She asked, "May I help you?" She hoped to God that this wasn't a date of Alek's. That would be so awkward. But at the same time, maybe it would be fun to mess with her. She was living with Alek, and so was Phin, so maybe she could use that to her advantage, and say that she was his wife and Phin was his son.

She blushed at the thought of it, but then thought that if Alek was bringing a girl home it must be for a good reason. He didn't just bring anybody home. So why should she ruin it for him? Maybe she was a little jealous. She knew something couldn't happen between them because it would ruin it for her. And now she had Phin to think about. What they had going on was great. Yes, he got on her nerves quite a lot, but she still cared about him, and he had saved her when she needed a friend. So she owed him a lot. She didn't want to destroy what they had over jealousy. So for now, she just hoped that this was a random customer and not a date.

Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:17 am

The day had been rather slow, but it was just right for all three of them. Alek had fixed a leak in the sink because it bothered all three of them when they were trying to sleep, and Miranda had taken over the shop duties while Phineas took on cleaning his room and picking up stuff here and there for Miranda. For most of the day Alek had worn old shorts and a ragged shirt, because nobody wanted to fix a sink while wearing everyday clothes. The sad part of it all was that it had truly taken him most of the day - except for a small trip he took to get ice cream for him and Miranda - as he had never fixed a sink before, so he had screwed up once and then another time before realizing he could just wave his wand and fix the stupid thing. Miranda and Phineas had certainly taken up the opportunity to make fun of him, which he didn't mind in the least.

While he worked, before screwing up the second time, Alek listened to Phineas' stories about Hogwarts, most specifically a girl named Aoife. Alek had asked if he'd ever asked her out, because from the look of the boy's eyes when he spoke of her it seemed she meant more to him than any other friend. Phineas, of course, had turned a blind eye on the question. However, while he was stuck between the floor and the sink, Alek heard Miranda tell Ohineas that relationships couldn't be forced, and something in that statement made him uneasy. Of course he had thought about how strange it was to tell people he lived with Miranda and Phineas because the names didn't put the image of the two orphans in their head, but the image of a woman and a child.

What was it? Alek wondered. What they had...it wasn't normal. At the same time, it was what he was now used to. Waking up in the morning and arguing with Miranda over who got the bathroom first, or why she always took so long. Staying up trying to help Phineas with some personal issue that he just couldn't tell Miranda because it was a man's issue. Sitting together at dinner time, listening to them talk about their day, or complain about something they hadn't liked, or even argue with Miranda to the point where she literally slapped him, though the latter had only happened once. Where they, then, forcing a sort of relationship? Not him and Miranda, but him, Miranda and Phineas? Would they - as Miranda had said - end badly? Though he wasn't going to admit it, he couldn't imagine his life without Miranda pestering him about something or Phineas being around.

After changing into decent clothing, Alek set out everything he needed to make dinner. He was going to teach Miranda how to make pelmeni, which were dumplings his grandmother used to cook for him and Rudy while she was still around. Alek had been just a kid at the time but the smell and flavor reminded him of better, more peaceful times. He had been smart for once in his life and made the dough the day before, so the load would be easier for him and Miranda. Just as he was grounding the meat for the filling, Alek heard Miranda's voice downstairs. It seemed she was talking to someone, but Alek dismissed it as she had been closing the shop with Phineas.

It wasn't until Phineas came up to him and looked around the kitchen that Alek turned to look at him. "What's she doing down there?" Alek asked, adding some vegetables to the blender. Phineas sat down at the table and grabbed an orange from the bowl. "I dunno. Someone came in." Phineas shrugged, peeling his orange. Alek returned to his work and started the blender, until he realized that Vanessa was supposed to come in for dinner. "Oh, shit." he said, wiping his hands on a towel. "What?" Phineas asked, and Alek messed up the boy's hair as he walked out of the kitchen, "Don't worry about it, kid."

Walking down the stairs, Alek reached the shop and found Miranda and Vanessa. Walking around Miranda, Alek went up to the younger girl and took her bag from her, more for courtesy than anything else. "Hey, glad you could make it." he smiled at her, the hidden meaning of his words hopefully only noticeable to Vanessa. "We're just about making dinner, so you can come up and hang out for a while." he said, slipping an arm around her thin waist and leading her to the stairs. As they walked by Miranda, Alek didn't even dare look at her.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Di Angelo
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Vanessa Di Angelo

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Vanessa looked around the shop for a bit until she heard a voice. A female voice. Alek had mentioned room mates, but she did not know one of those room mates to be a female. When the girl asked if she could help Vanessa, she did not know what to say. Was she supposed to say she was looking for Alek. Yes, that was what she had decided before. "Um... actually yes you can." I am looking for Alek. Um, Aleksander Krupp? We have dinner plans." Vanessa said in a soft voice. She kind of recognized the girl from Hogwarts, but not enough to actually remember a name.

Vanessa let a relieved smile spread across her lips when Alek appeared, "Hey, of course I made it. Thanks for the invite." She said handing him her bag and kissing his cheek softly and quickly. Not as a possessive thing, just as a thing of being Italian, its what Italians did. They kissed cheeks. They were weird that way. Vanessa blushed a bit as he wrapped an arm around her waist and lead her upstairs, "If I can help in any way please do let me know, I love to cook." She said smiling up at Alek
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Miranda's mouth opened when she asked for alek, but she didn't have enough time to reply when he came running down the stairs, and told her to come on up. Wait... What? This actually was a fucking date? He was actually going to sit there and watch her and alek make dinner? Well this couldn't get anymore awkward.... She said, "it would've been nice for you to tell me she was coming." She bluntly said it so sarcastically so he could feel the annoyance in her voice. She knew Alek was seeing women, but the fact that he would just bring them home, bothered her for some reason.

And suddenly, Miranda felt very territorial. Like a mother bear trying to protect her cubs. She wanted to help. Helping was Miranda's job. She said," I think we got it thanks. Wouldn't want you to break a nail or anything.." Miranda smirked and slapped Alex's shoulder with force and said,"let's get cooking then" boy was she pissed. Beyond pissed. She walked upstairs and PHIN was in the kitchen. She didn't bother to check to see if Alek and friend had followed her up. At this point she didn't really care. She said to PHIN, "We have a guest tonight" PHIN looked at her quizzically, probably noticing her annoyed attitude.

She heard PHIN mutter, "well this could be interesting, can't I just like, hide in my room or something?" Miranda smirked and said, "nope, we are doing this together kid." Miranda started getting out pans and slamming them loudly on the counter so she was sure that Alek knew how entirely pissed she was at him. She was sure she would make sure that he would never forget this night.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Di Angelo
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Vanessa Di Angelo

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Vanessa looked at the girl who seemed to be a bit annoyed, she had no idea why though and decided to just let it slide. Or at least she tried to. The girl did not seem intent to let that happen. When she had mentioned the lack of notice Vanessa decided to have a little fun. She laughed softly and placed her hand on ALeks shoulder, "Oh Alek, didnt you tell your sister I was coming over?" She put a big smile on her face and giggled softly and quite adorably if you asked her. 

When the girl snapped at her about helping with dinner, Vanessa kept her cool. "Are you sure? I love to cook and it would be no trouble at all." She was trying to play nice but this girl was making it so damn difficult. "I dont believe I caught your name. Im Vanessa. Vanessa Di Angelo. And I wont break a nail, but thank you for the concern." She said in a fake sweet voice that seemed very much sincere. 

She felt the vibration through Aleks body at the not so friendly slap of his shoulder and her eyes darkened a bit. She didnt know why, but she felt kind of possessive of Alek. When she noticed another person, she smiled softly, "Hi Im Vanessa." She noticed this house was not big on introductions. When the woman began slamming pots and pans, Vanessa growled, the loud ringing hurting Nessas ears.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:34 am

Alek didn't react tl Vanessa's kiss, mostly because it didn't mean anything to him. At least not yet. When she offered to help, Alek wasn't sure what to say. Still, he glanced at Vanessa and quickly made up his mind that it was best she didn't help - she looked like the type that would screw something up. At least Miranda had already seen him do it once, so she knew the basics of how he liked dinner in general. Vanessa, on the other hand, didn't know anything about him. "No, it's okay." Alek replied to her proposal. Just as he said it, he heard Miranda's remark about not telling her they were having a guest. Even though he had invited her earlier in the day, he had completely forgotten, but he couldn't say that in front of Vanessa.

At Miranda's snappy comment, Alek shrugged. He would most likely apologize later, when Vanessa wasn't around, but for now he had to act like he had everything in control. Which, he actually didn't. However, he couldn't help a smirk forming on his lips as Miranda clearly rejected the idea of Vanessa helping them. If Alek didn't know better, he might have thought Miranda was jealous, but....it was Miranda. He had wanted girls to shut up many times, but he mentally facepalmed when Vanessa tried to play Miranda's game. He was very close to saying he hadn't told his sister because he didn't have to tell her anything, but the look on Miranda's face told him it was best not to say something like that. "She's not my sister." Alek said flatly, but he really had no idea how to introduce Miranda.

He didn't even introduce her, because it was best she did so herself. There wouldn't be any confusion, and it wouldn't be possible to reprimand Alek if he said something Miranda didn't lime. And then she slapped him. Rather, she slapped his shoulder, and even though Alek was taller than her, Miranda still managed to shake him up a little. His facial expression suddenly changed from one of amusement to one of bewilderment. What the fuck was wrong with inviting someone over? The reason Miranda and Phineas were even living there was because Alek had been open enough to invite them in.

In a second, before he could even realize what was happening, Miranda was charging up the stairs and into the kitchen. As he and Vanessa followed her up the stairs, Alek heard Phineas and Miranda muttering, followed by pots and pans slamming against the kitchen counters. Alek rolled his eyes, settling Vanessa's bag on a chair by the table when they arrived. He moved next to Miranda to take one of the pans from her, his hand accidentally landing on her shoulder. Immediately, he took his hand away and rest it on his hip, looking at her as he took the kitchenware from her hands. "We don't need these right now. You know it." he said, his eyes fixed on Miranda's. For a second, he wished he could read minds so that he could actually have an idea of how to act with BOTH of them at the same time. What did Miranda want, anyway? Was he supposed to tell her who he was sleeping with? Was he supposed to make a log and sign in and out every day?
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:09 am

Miranda realized how childish she was acting at that very moment, and was suddenly very embarrassed, but not too embarrassed to were she wasn't pissed anymore. At least the girl was trying to be somewhat nice, and Miranda's attitude wasn't helping the situation get any easier. She realized she wasn't helping Alek out either. She breathed a little bit and said, "Sorry, I'm being rude. I'm Miranda. And this is my Adopted kid Phineas." She felt Phin's sudden look at her, and suddenly she couldn't even look at him, or Alek. This certainly wasn't the way she wanted to tell Alek. She imagined herself doing it that night, but then Vanessa showed up and ruined her plans, and she guessed that was what made her so upset. It wasn't jealousy that he had another girl and had brought her home, he had every right to do so. It was his house, and Miranda and Phin where his guests.

She was sure if Miranda had brought a guy home, not that she would bring one home, as that would be way to awkward, that Alek would drill him, but not be so bitchy to him like she was too Vanessa. When Vanessa called Miranda Alek's sister she snorted a little bit, and said, "No, definitely not sister." She didn't know how to reply from there, as she guessed Alek didn't know what to say they were either. They weren't lovers, and they weren't related by blood. They were friends, but maybe family. She didn't really know. The only related people in the house where her and Phin. And that was it. And now she was going to have to get used to all the jokes that she KNEW Alek would throw at her. And she deserved it because of her attitude. She finally had the courage to look at Phin and he was just staring at the table. She said, "Sorry kid. I didn't mean to spill it that way." He couldn't looked at her and it pained her that he might never talk to her again and was forever mad at her.

But she knew at some point they would have a fight or problems that they would need to discuss. Like next term when she was going to force him to go back to school. He would hate it, but she was sure he would forgive her in the future. It was for his own good. Alek grabbed the pans from her hands. She mainly grabbed them because she needed to hit something, and the words that had came from her mouth distracted her from doing so. And she was partly glad that she had said them other wise there would've been a bigger mess to clean up than dinner. Probably Alek's blood. And that she would've regretted deeply. She looked Alek in the eyes with apology written all over them. She gave him the pans freely, and said nothing. Miranda was truly embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Di Angelo
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Vanessa Di Angelo

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 2:30 am

Vanessa felt a sense that she was not very wanted there by Miranda. Well, it wasnt a sense. It was more of a big flying red sign that said 'HEY YOU ARENT WANTED HERE!' But then, she seemed to calm down a bit, thank god, or Vanessa would have had to say something. SHe nodded when ALek said that Miranda wasnt his sister. She was curious as to what their relationship was. If they were dating, she would not, repeat NOT be sleeping with him. She did not sleep with guys who were taken. "So what, she is your... room mate?" She asked praying that was all they were. 

When Miranda mentioned that she had a kid she was a bit shocked, but smiled. "Wow, that is brilliant. Congratulations." She said trying to be as nice as possible. She did not know there situation so she decided to just let it be. She pushed her light blonde hair behind her ear and smiled at the boy, "You look to be around my age. Do you go to Hogwarts? I do not recognize you." She said wrinkling her nose a bit. She saw the way that Miranda was looking at Alek and a soft growl built up in her throat.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:25 am

"This is my adopted kid, Phineas."

"ADOPTED KID?!?!?!?."

The pan Alek was holding, the one he had taken from Miranda, somehow made it to the floor, crashing loudly against it. Had he heard that right? Alek couldn't bring himself to look at either Phineas or Miranda, let alone Vanessa. His eyes suddenly found the sink very fascinating, as he tried to tune out everything around him and focus on that one sentence that had come from Miranda's lips. "I'm Miranda. And this is my Adopted kid Phineas." He repeated the sentence again, unable to believe he had heard it right. Miranda couldn't possibly have adopted Phineas. He had parents, and they were very much alive, Alek was sure of it. How many times had he heard Phineas complain about his lousy parents? Countless! After a few moments Alek bent down to pick up the pan and turned around to face Miranda. Not Phineas, not Vanessa. Miranda.

WHATTHEFUCKWASWRONGWITHHER?!

"You're joking." Alek stated. He wasn't even going to give her time to explain, because he finally remembered they had a guest. Putting up his hands to shut off any further explanation, Alek turned around to to face the cooking area again. Well, now he was definitely not going to have a good night, with or without Vanessa. So much for a nice, homemade dinner. Alek took out the meat from the blender and into a dish, adding seasonings before hearing Miranda apologize to Phineas. The boy gave no response and Alek was most definitely taking his side. Miranda was being a completely selfish and insensitive bitch, and Alek was not going to put up with that on the night he had already decided was going to be a good night because he was going to eat actual Russian food and not the American ones he always had because of Miranda.

Taking the dough, he used the roller to thin it our and then cut our circles from it. Without thinking, he took out a spoon from the drawer, turned to Miranda and placed the spoon in her hand. He didn't even look at her, he just basically ordered her to start doing shit around. He saw her move next to him, putting a spoonful of the filling in the center of each circle, and folding it in half before sealing the dges together. "Vanessa?" he called out, somehow unable to talk to Miranda. "I didn't want you to help because this is something babushka used to make for my brother and I." he explained, checking to make sure that Miranda was still doing it right. "I guess, it's just something I do with my family." he admitted, unaware of the fact that he had just called Miranda family.

But then when he finally turned to look at Miranda, thousands of emotions flooded through him, most of them he didn't even know what to call. Most of it was guilt, though, because he shouldn't have overreacted. She was looking at him and Alek didn't know what to do. He actually didn't mind if Miranda had adopted Phineas, because, hell, the boy deserved someone to love him unconditionally and maybe Miranda could be that someone. At the same time, he wished she could have consulted him about it because they lived together! That must mean something to her. It was as if Alek brought a giant three-headed lion to the shop to live with them and didn't even bother to ask Miranda if she was okay with it. He looked away from her when Vanessa spoke up.

Turning around to face her, he smiled a little, trying to make her feel less uncomfortable. "She works here, as does Phineas." he nodded to the boy before asking him, "Do you want cheese on yours, Phineas?" After getting an affirmative response, Alek walked over to the fridge and looked for the cheese. Along with Phineas' special request, Alek took our a bottle of beer, popped it open and handed it to Vanessa. "You're not in school right now." he shrugged before walking back to hand Miranda the cheese. Alek grabbed a plate and dusted it with flour, adding a layer of the prepared pelmeni and dusting it again. He did only one layer as he was hoping Miranda could finish it so he could start on the broth. He took one of the pots and poured the broth in, setting the flame as high as possible to make it boil faster. He was still mad at Miranda, but he was also feeling extremely guilty for the way he had taken the news. He should have been happy for her, and for the boy.

Going to the fridge again, he picked up some lemons, butter and sour cream and began to serve them into separate dishes, just waiting for someone else to say something because he wasn't sure that he was capable of saying anything nice to Miranda at the moment. In a second of uncertainty, Alek headed back to grab a beer for himself, even though he really just wanted a whole bottle of vodka to swallow the whole evening out.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Cunningham
Adult
Miranda Cunningham

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 7:58 am

What had she done? Miranda couldn't say a word, or look at anything. She could barley hear it when Vanessa had said congratulations. Miranda knew she trying to be nice. But just the thought that Vanessa was even here, and that this was how she told Alek the supposed good news had ruined her night even further. At that moment, she felt like crying from embarrassment, and at the fact that she was mad at herself, and that Alek was this pissed at her for everything she pulled in one giant fucked up evening. Surprisingly a tear escaped from her eye. She played it out like she had an eyelash or something in it, and hoped that worked. She hadn't cried since she was eleven and she hoped to keep it that way. Letting one tear slip was fine, but she wouldn't be able to handle it if a dozen fell. Especially in front of her entire family.

She said nothing when Alek asked if she was serious. She completely was. She had gone and personally spoken to Phin's parents to ask and adopt him. She had wanted to smack them when they signed the adoption papers without a blink or single tear. She had walked away furious at them when it should have been a momentous occasion. And still Miranda said nothing. She was completely ashamed with her behavior and wanted to go into her bedroom and hide under the covers and never come out. But she couldn't do that. She couldn't hide away from everything anymore. She was an adult with a child whom she needed to protect and love. It was awkward that he was two or three years younger than her, but he needed her and she needed him in ways that probably they, and mostly Alek would never understand.

Then she worried that he would kick her and Phin out. Her heart raced. Why was she so stupid? But when he continued on and started forcing her to help him cook, she breathed a little bit. She did always think the worst in every situation. Like when her parents died, she thought she had no one and would have to go live in an orphanage, and be alone. But she was surprised with a great-grandmother in England. She was forced to a school where she knew no one, but still she was loved by someone, and that meant everything to her. After Hogwarts, she had no idea what she wanted to do in life, and fate had led her to the Wand Shop. Alek had opened his doors with open arms, and then Phin came into her life. She had thought that living with a 15 year old child would be the worst thing in the world. Especially one damaged like she was. But it turned out to be the best thing ever. So maybe, this situation wouldn't turn out as great as everything else had, but it would be somewhat alright in the end and she should stop jumping to ridiculous conclusions. Because Alek had somewhat cared for Phin, and she knew he wouldn't just throw the kid out with her. They were a package deal now and he had to accept that.

She looked back when Vanessa started talking to Phin, and questioning him about school. It was really none of his damn business whether he was in school or not. But Miranda was treading water right now, and didn't want to make matters worse, so she kept her mouth shut. She followed Alek's movements with the dish. They had made the dish before so she kind of knew what to do. Miranda almost dropped her spoon in the dough when Alek had said that this was something he did with family. Family. She was still considered family after everything that had happened? She didn't know she was considered family before. She still didn't say anything. She had said enough. But still, her heart started racing and her stomach felt all warm and fuzzy. She hadn't felt this way since her parents had died. And at that point, she started crying and didn't care if everyone saw. It had been an emotional night and she deserved a good cry.

Back to top Go down
Phineas Button

Phineas Button

My Character
Activity: Hufflepuff Dropout

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 am

Phin wasn't sure what was going on half the time. He just kind of nodded and pretended like he was ok with the whole situation. Alek had brought home a girl. Yeah, he knew Alek had girlfriends, but it was still weird to bring one home and help make dinner. That was something that Alek and Miranda did, and he didn't like it one bit. But it was Alek's house, so he could do what ever he wanted. Phin and Miranda had no say what so ever. Which sucked, because Phin wanted to tell Alek how stupid he was for doing it because he knew just how Miranda would act. And it was exactly as expected. She freaked out. And then she freaked out in a way he never thought she would. He had known before hand that tonight was the night that Miranda wanted to tell Alek about her adopting him. But they hadn't known that Vanessa was going to be there.

This was all so wrong in so many ways. And then Miranda did something. She told him in a way that he hadn't pictured in his head. He wasn't sure whether to applaud her, or be pissed, so he didn't say anything. She apologized, to him, and Phin nodded. Vanessa, Alek's date, said congratulations. Which, it would've been a celebratory thing had she not done it the way she did. They could've done it tomorrow and Phin would've been perfectly fine with that. But knowing Miranda, she had to do something twice as bad to get revenge. And that was when Phin had his doubts. Should he have been adopted by someone who loved revenge and then regretted their actions? Because the second she said it Phin saw her face, and worry and fear was etched all over it. And suddenly, Phin felt bad for her. He wanted to go over to her and hug her until she felt ok about everything. He wanted to make the pain go away. He hated seeing her in distress mode.

But he did nothing. He was stuck in the middle of an awkward situation and he didn't know what to do about it. He couldn't slap Alek a crossed the face, and he couldn't take Miranda away to a place where she didn't have to worry about anything. He hadn't felt this much love for somebody since Aoife. And it wasn't the same type of love. It was a love much stronger than love love. A bond that was everlasting, and forever. This type of love couldn't be broken and he was thankful for that. He really did love Miranda and Alek. They had saved him. She had done what nobody else had ever done and took him into her arms, and Alek gave him a roof over his head. He knew nobody would understand it, but it was almost as close to normal that Phin was going to get. Sure, Alek and Miranda weren't married and they weren't "Mum and dad", but they were close enough to the real thing than anyone ever would be.

Phin missed Aoife. He wished she understood what was happening, and thought it to be a good thing. Last time they talked it had ended on a sour note, and he wished he could change it. He would love to get out his owl out and write her a letter that very moment to tell her how ridiculous the "adults" around him were being. Phin decided that the second this mess was done and over with that he would do just that. He didn't care if she replied, he just wanted to let her know that he was doing more than alright. He was happy.

Alek had finally started cooking, and Miranda had joined him when they both calmed down. Phin looked up when Alek said he did this stuff with his family. Phin didn't really know that Alek considered Phin to be apart of his family. Phin just thought that he lived here because he worked in the shop. He didn't know he was worth sentimental value. He didn't know until Miranda had mentioned adopting him that he was loved, let alone cared for. And at that moment, when Miranda broke down crying, he went over and hugged her. Also in that moment, he wanted to tell Aoife, "I told you so." Because everything was perfect. He didn't care that Vanessa was there either. He almost motioned for her to come join in the hug, but knew Miranda would slap him so he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Di Angelo
Seventh Year
Seventh Year
Vanessa Di Angelo

My Character
Activity:

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Vanessa jumped and once again a growl left her lips at the clanging of the pan on the floor. Damn sensitve hearing was getting on her last nerve. She was trying to entertain herself by playing with the ends of her hair or playing with her nails, chipping the polish off finger by finger when she heard her name. She was afraid Alek was going to ask her to leave, but he didnt. Instead, he explained why he did not accept her offer to help cook.

At the word family, she frowned a bit. That was one thing she did not have. A family. Well, she had it, it was just so fucked up and disfunctional you could hardly call it that. "I understand. Me and my Nonna used to make homemade tortellini together. It was something me, her and my sister Tessa did together on Sunday mornings. I understand family traditions." She said giving him a small smile that showed she understood that he was in an awkward position.

She nodded when Alek told her that Miranda and Phineas worked there, "Thats nice. I just started working as a waitress at the Three Broomsticks." She happily and very eagerly accepted the beer and sipped it, anything to take the edge off of this awkwardness. She froze however when Miranda broke into tears and they all started hugging. She slowly put down her beer and went to grab her bag, "Maybe I should just go...." She said. 

SHe hoped Alek would ask her to stay though as she walked towards the door. She looked back at him, her bottom lip between her teeth. She did not want to leave. She wanted to stay with Alek and spend time with him. She gave him a look that told him these very things
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Krupp
Adult
Aleksander Krupp

My Character

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 5:25 am

Turning back to Vanessa, Alek smiled. It was nice to know that she had at some point been happy, even if it had been long ago. All of a sudden, Alek turned back to Miranda. What had he done? As Miranda dropped everything and started to cry, Alek had - for the first time since he was young - a small panic attack. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know what he was supposed to say. All he knew was that Miranda was dying and Phineas was just trying to make things better and Alek was useless. He barely caught the comment about Vanessa's new job. All of a sudden, she was standing up and walking off, which Alek didn't catch until she was halfway out. Turning to look at Vanessa, Alek dropped what he was doing, washed his hands and walked out of the kitchen with her, wiping his hands on his jeans. If he could get away from Miranda and her drama, he would. "I'm sorry..." Alek began, a little unsure on how he could even apologize for what she had just witnessed. "Miranda's a little...high maintenance." He said, shrugging a little before making way for her to walk down the stairs.

It was fairly obvious that he didn't have to tell her that, however, because he was sure that Vanessa had figured Miranda out quite quickly. He was angry with Miranda, but he couldn't be cruel to Vanessa. She hadn't done anything wrong, it had all been Miranda. "Hey, look -" he stopped her before she walked any further than the front desk, his arm extended in front of her. "I swear, we don't usually have this amount of drama. It's just that, fuck, I didn't even know Miranda had adopted the kid." He could feel his chest rising, certainly even more angry than he expected to be. "I know it's weird." He admitted, realizing that they're living situation was probably more than Vanessa had bargained for. "But I can guarantee that I'm not sleeping with her. Nor is Phineas my legal child." Why was Alek worried about that? He'd never cared before. In fact, he had even joked about them being a family before just to piss Miranda off. But now, with Vanessa and his actual interest in her, Alek felt like he had to make it up to her. "Let's just meet somewhere else, and I'll teach you whatever you want to know." Lowering his arm, he walked her to the door. "Just, don't think I only agreed to help you because of our deal. I'm genuinely interested in you." His voice was lower, a strange mixture of vulnerability and anger, his two most disliked emotions.

As he opened the door for her to leave, Alek watched her go before turning back to the shop. "Fuck." He said, glad to be alone. Whether or not he actually liked Vanessa didn't change the fact that Miranda had been a complete bitch about the adoption thing. Would it have killed her to let him know it was happening? Would it have killed her to maybe consult it with her? They were roommates, for fuck's sake, she should have asked him. Allowing someone into their home was different than making it a legal thing. She didn't just have to work for herself now, she had to work for Phineas as well. Worse yet, Alek had to help her with that, because they were friends. They were, maybe in a very unorthodox way, family. No. Alek wasn't having any of this shit. Walking up the stairs, he headed straight for his room, grabbed his jacket and walked back down, slamming the door as loud and dramatically as he could, just to make Miranda feel worse. He walked a few steps before apparating to London, a place where he could easily call Rudi, rant about this situation to him, and get shit-faced drunk at his brother's place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)    Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets get down to business (Alek & Miranda)
Page 1 of 1